Teehee Madness 3 - Fire Emblem x Pokemon Linked Ironman!

Shrimpica

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Can my Caeda get some as well? Please?

In retrospect, lol.

AXIvtB1.png

Lvl 4 stands for 4 stats

I like the idea of Gordin ending up cracked without the grinding to level 20 at the beginning trick.

3rLbJBl.png

To compensate for that loss, we got a Dracoknight!

Lol dracoknight Matthis. He might actually be good here.

Marth finishes

This will become harder for him without Caeda

This was a mess

GZz9OSk.png

F

k3YFKG9.png

Fuck. that's a miscalculation

I guess this won’t end up being one of the rare runs that sees long term Wrys use.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zqgYE4F.png

And i fucked up...Thought for sure the Thief would go for the village, but he was aggrod instead.

It confuses me alot when that happens....

Misjudging enemy aggro is rough to deal with...

...wait, that is a dead Julian there isn't it. That is going to make the Micaiah chapter a lot more interesting, although it also means I can't show off the funny Warp Ragnarok Yunaka strats.

3rLbJBl.png

THEY MADE MATTHIS A DRACOKNIGHT? Did @Saint Rubenio sweet talk the hackers into some Matthis favoritism or something.

Bp4EEny.png

FFFFFFF

All this because of a damn thief....

...Whelp, I guess I don't get to find fun little situations to setup kills with her personal against things she really shouldn't be able to anymore. Also losing my flier early will be a bit annoying to deal with.

k3YFKG9.png

Ouch, RIP funny bald man, everyone will miss you. At least you managed to recruit Lena before his death so you still have a healer

Although all this future death does put @Punished Dayni and @Newtype06 in the funny position where if they are clever with their encounter routing they can mitigate the damage of this slaughter.

Although this makes me think I should put off the Jean paralogue til after I get Anna, as I might have to use her at this rate, and an easy chapter to train her sounds like a nice thing to keep around.

Alright onto my chapter 5, in which I almost lost us the whole thing like an idiot, but didn't due to sheer dumb luck...sorry

Spoiler

AIL4fc8qQtOMdsIu5lZ22LDWbfTb0y7jwme00hNW

And we open with TeeHee being saved by a little girl

AIL4fc9IdZIChRmN12NTSL1UeOc9K6ASudsq3x-X

...sigh. WHY does she have chains...and belts(?) on her ankle. Why make her barefoot. Some things about Veyle's design is very stupid.

AIL4fc-feK4b6icueseth31w1njYQEoUfPiLuPRy

Although the dragon wing crown is rather adorable, and they captured the mysterious white haired girl trope effectively enough.

AIL4fc8pcJ4An3962dm4VTIV4tPXLaZfKmughJHD

But alas, she is gone before anyone else can see her. Why she had to be kept hidden when no one else would recognize her remains a mystery, especially when Marth is there to confirm she isn't simply in TeeHee's head.

AIL4fc-1LMoevwf0dhkXLvAdG-SNgvBdMTrQKYp2

Hmmm... I do wonder slightly about that. If Alfred's crew returned, without TeeHee and stewards, could they have won?

AIL4fc9pK4Bx7_cXcQ18QRZOqziRrToCKu1_5QyC

That sounds more like some godly abilities, but alas when gods walk the earth

AIL4fc9X8AIzPyThtUTW9xFWz9liugjDTRDEVORT

Their faults and frailty are there for all to find. That odd disconnect between gods, and being you can actually interact with rears it head immediately. Although that does make me wonder what people thought of Lumera. Did Celine know so little of Lumera to believe the same of her?

AIL4fc_IWeA7Q-_Qk5_Ho3IwZEpNFpwy1yDaR6uY

Onto more important matters, TeeHee begins the true path of an Alear, but alas

AIL4fc8HtbBTvL8UcmMqHfRlU1KU17d7smoMQ1M1

This chicken defies our divine right to adopt ALL the animals. I will have to fix that.

AIL4fc8NbxCp-e8hk4YGlmukvYSYKBqvzz3j-NLM

We do finally get access to some shops on the Somniel

AIL4fc_Ab40WSxUSyiskR4xd0SblKV9lAK1Q7XJG

And some funds to spend at it, but alas, I promised the girls some dresses, and without the Clothier yet, the only one available

AIL4fc9tmQ8tlaR5wBHcxRuZm3aLowVvgNzXYTSx

Ends up depleting all of the funds. I can't even put it on yet 😛

...expect bad financial decision in the pursuit of fashion on my run here.

AIL4fc8n_OlWlPau_huQPatvs-rBPogKnAF-uP27

But then we get the most important addition to the Somniel of all...Sommie. Yeah no custom name for the best little Engage unit here.

AIL4fc8Asg-j0aabntyspA3wKnrv-ExrYZrpNf1B

Speaking of fashion, we have Sommie rocking the dapper top hat, the candycane charm in the back, and a vibrant red scarf to continue the red, white, and blue color scheme the game pushes.

AIL4fc-PQTFbqIV0KNOJADMjqzKkaukudQ1yUfvv

And of course the very first Bond Ring I make is an S rank without a skill...such mixed luck really..

AIL4fc8Armitc2-AmX8EQuEOjXNz0TOC1Oh5CvZ0

I also move Sigurd over to Louis, as I plan on this being vital to my strategy on the next map.

AIL4fc9M8giHRs6IFBeNFNiOMzdU5il_0OWaDVCm

That is an odd thing to lampshade there, and quite poorly, for why we have to retake the castle without any of the Firenese troops, and how our little band can overcome the Elusian conquerors.

AIL4fc941vcBWn1Avy7_xFxBFaYgN7q54xy3_x3j

Queen Eve is defiantly shutting down the next boss for us...

AIL4fc-wzmue4shC6ff3cixSHhKR91hSz5JKqILO

But the real villain is able to slap that defiance down with some truth to the face.

AIL4fc-ekBwGYgs43kzg59iy9K4b9df7uYj1t9oW

And then threatens some real brutality to drag the truth out of her.

AIL4fc8uvEYOGP3e2s5kwKWu_48zrOZy2euyYzFG

Even to the point of killing her children...whom we hand deliver to this little villainous crew

AIL4fc-xal52Z3J9ZxAI5JaQNx6GjGE3pcJ7kNOS

It is interesting how Zephia immediately seems to recognize TeeHee before logicing the truth away.

AIL4fc_RcwaycqMQ1FdBHisqBVF_3AxkGMZqN5Fx

It is funny to see Lumera described as beastly, and it makes you wonder what Zephia was doing for the thousand years not to have heard of TeeHee...

AIL4fc_X7r_YkkfIpesg39Tw6J9Nh8JrfdVS1YGJ

A bit of odd logic there from TeeHee, as Zephia is physically much larger than the person we witnessed killing Lumera. Although they may simply mean they think Zephia is the leader who ordered the thieving and killing, or a hint at TeeHee going the darker "kill every last one of them" mode that the devs again shyed away from.

AIL4fc-OoYhPzUfZnr3L4_2MQ_rLTQnjeTiuR_LA

But clearly the recently revived Lord Sombron would probably be more likely the leader responsible.

AIL4fc_xvEGz5Q1zvFUfsJ7lbXhwth647F_452wr

While I appreciate the sentiment, there is no way TeeHee's awakening isn't tied to either Sombron's awakening, or the Emblem's awakening, rather than simply the power Lumera was pumping into them. Alright enough story nonsense, onto the map

AIL4fc_eSZtMT0dZsstwYZ6FPBoG4dk-xOj1hk3l

I know technically I can still use Chloe on this map, but I decide to leave them on the bench knowing the death is at the end of this map.

AIL4fc8TDymu8-K_wKw3M2gfo_U7KZd4ejVje6vI

I open with an easy Celine Armored kill, before

AIL4fc_dlMJh4eDel2g7QuC6QAoYpMQOVAr7aEEq

Intentionally taking an unnecessary counter attack to feed the kill to

AIL4fc_VEIbu3i5hEqGcmSokAqH7-Y9leBxizhoL

Alfred instead.

AIL4fc9AFnEmhwL627TehpSrWsNZZf0HqfOS6GH0

With a chain guard to prevent the physical hit Celine is about to take on enemy phase.

AIL4fc8QqMfrFOodhV0dDfwB7B3463s82Ux-UopF

Meanwhile Louis Engages so he can solo this half of the map.

AIL4fc9xhp6JQlTh10vHPSjJBB219koMeYoioiKl

And we finally get the thieving loot tutorial, but that is Louis's job to deal with. As for enemy phase in general,

AIL4fc8Pn0pDFFJRl3KF_qQitIWdfVewCuTWOlUd

Alfred is doubled by the swordie, but he can take that hit, while his sister isn't, and blocks the one hit she faced with a chain guard.

AIL4fc9DqP5m48I2GRib1zrtPzqEEGJG7wPl4gE4

Celine kills one of the axies by doubling it, Alfred has just enough power with the TeeHee boost to finish his assailant on player phase,

AIL4fc9d5Vu4s690o-iu8izwb_1SiqwhVQPn6Kul

And I will gladly take that levelup from the kill

AIL4fc_36n1X7pJtMI7Q2BmL3f0o3ZsHgKvvLhx1

And I let Etie take the other injured kill, just leaving the last axie, which is easy for TeeHee and Boucheron to finish off. That clears out the frontal assault, but on the other front

AIL4fc-57sPSMyPGTYDhDhDjnpeKPb_kyC_q_7Ex

Louis starts chipping the thief. Now he was rather unlucky on enemy phase, missing the two Swords, which are the only enemies able to damage him with their chain attacks

AIL4fc9cmvjPAeM3EETr6lBnhqxx8RmggMMSoNaW

But I still need to enemy phase them with Louis. One of them should be dead already, and the other at halfish health, so hopefully we have some better luck this enemy phase. Unfortunate the enemy position themselves such that the injured one can't attempt to kill itself on Louis, but

AIL4fc9eMkqRe17VzptmBwEY8DBss_E4tnuQ4s6S

I can't ignore positioning like this, and besides, I needed to kill the thief anyway.

AIL4fc8S_CufUaQUhJx6wZplM4pa59EfXVoPVfnV

And he gets even chonkier.

AIL4fc_ZQwOwAQz_OM7sU-F4KUImwjweaYkqSKMn

Framme also gets this somewhat underwhelming healing levelup, but the main force

AIL4fc_ix8WCBtU-Cx917uyDPYH25H_zXi9NZkJj

Is just positioning itself to cleanup Louis's missed kills

AIL4fc8z3QS4vqKsU88TFC6q8teMYKjOqHwtoNuQAIL4fc-8PpqJvElaqYUpLpa6soOocMSQ5xpsQ7lS

Enemy phase went well.

AIL4fc_AoyV9IrAMTkfMKCn6G3nk180_rtx2Z9XM

And the cleanup was even easier. Not much else happens for the next few turns

AIL4fc-1fB24iB6Q2TQYjU6u9ez6KvF4SktT1Ij3AIL4fc-nc2k9KJsCCKFl1iZnRXr9rUFXt-_aU2nH

Louis loots the chest, and sends them all to convoy for easier access, and

AIL4fc9w37KpH3394X_9haNWoz5DnZksK713Ummf

I grab a gauge while he is in the area (and still technically enemy phasing the archer to death with the Javelin)

AIL4fc-MT6Fy4Rc71ihOKI5O1fpyXnBtbYHVrhD6

On the other front, I am just planning out my positioning or after I break down the door, but I still want Louis around, as I will want Sigurd's Ridersbane after opening the door, so sorry to say, but we are just waiting here for another five or six turns after all that looting...

AIL4fc8KY6kOs-vzqxR6mkmEs1edpfxr1IqCXCIZ

And here is the big plan, Etie will draw fire from the handaxe due to her squishiness, Celine gets a chain block, as she can enemy phase the armored knight, and both her and TeeHee can take a hit.

AIL4fc-W3w7DlyzzYl2Ea3BZI5jandLbt1WHzUqn

So we break down that door...

AIL4fc9Nj3qsYZLnk7auz-thg0ql6g-QOoDcsis0

And the first part of the plan goes great, with Celine enemy phasing the armored knight, with a chain block for protection, but alas we have this unlucky level

AIL4fc84NGXfU7LURXNealfTQjN3ttdIADzC1OHz

As the rest of my luck went into saving me from my own stupidity. I just got too used to the enemy doing stupid things for the sake of dealing big damage, that I didn't think they were smart enough to coordinate.

AIL4fc9tK7uo7hGG0zvuwWQdNJqr24Aqg9QyWZ5s

But we luck into a miss, and TeeHee retaliates with a crit to boot. Honestly this risk was so unnecessary, I could have had no one in that position to avoid this with almost no consequences.

AIL4fc9ZsqRhZYHgvQDNYr-QfM2sQJG8OQSf0PeN

TeeHee has really sucked all the luck out of the room with a great levelup as well.

AIL4fc90r2bJFgIkgz3Z6Ka4ssWy9DenBUtqYOJD

Louis and Bouch take our that dastardly handaxe

AIL4fc9HdQaOBqsRWdbpaHfD4dNvSofQpooipLuq

While TeeHee helps feed the archer kill to Alfred.

AIL4fc_2XiMapVOrIwt8oNhzPtLHIlQ6ogHBUbvG

And Celine passes over the Riders bane to Alfred for

AIL4fc_PYowO7FX4vg2F2EQ3LCOtmj5k-ZDukGVS

Effective damage on the cav reinforcements. As you can see I Engaged Louis to get access to the other Ridersbane for the can on the left

AIL4fc9GK-i56gCj0pLyAROjqoGfdOa9K_Ra3F9f

I also have Framme chug a vuln in case I need a chain guard for the next stretch.

AIL4fc_XJG1aQ7trJij5m42HOquQFaI9ublJHKPw

...Sigh...

AIL4fc_GsWuqV3jAZXv7tUXrIN8ZO9_A50Pu1x_J

It is funny to see him levelup on a miss.

AIL4fc-9HY1pCw6C4fydn4flEo2VH8qfKtmU2RoE

At least Alfred didn't have the same issue

AIL4fc_fds-rtRp59JiYhfg7YrxIbFzM4WFJaEkP

On enemy phase at least. That other cav is acting like an obnoxious dodge tank on these frustratingly inaccurate effective weapons

AIL4fc8oqUBUxqkfKemTQQWzLzCvfdldZ3_mxEE_

At least it didn't dodge a third 70ish accuracy riders bane.

AIL4fc_z3uKVgaaoz48-UbRYveQrKrCoa0-o1zMS

This time Bouchy Boy gave TeeHee the assist on the archer kill, returning the favor from before.

AIL4fc-MYLWwXQDqkR8I1Dk54KAJ2TEuKf-LZQ9R

Ughhh...what a garbage levelup from the heal.

AIL4fc-Ql_elpa6a2uQ6ScyssYlv2ss_pOwaaPJD

And that last archer is too out of the way for me to deal with now, which is a little awkward

AIL4fc9AxdLD1DfQAFI3ajzTShSvPGtO0ycznoRP

As TeeHee is baiting in the next enemy group

AIL4fc_m1onFvH1EexwGJ_2t13JMzEl9d5fwZTli

Alfred grabs a nice little survivalist levelup from that kill on the one TeeHee chipped on enemy phase,

AIL4fc8tqP-OGttPzf7QG8TDKDl88T_70VqcQE-j

And I get what advantage I can from TeeHee's current position, as I need them

AIL4fc--bzL_EYIbM98mEPEaq-5iWU09gVMiaBJY

To engage and one round the Axe enemy.

AIL4fc8sA9S1NglMGZ1rlmKqBYVs4IRmgYL4KP0K

Etie then gets this entirely unnecessary crit for the kill, that just leaves the archer I left alive last turn, whom Louis and Bouchy Boy deals with

AIL4fc9vR0zgHr_UhuqBbHj2dpTqdKHhzWlkN7CW

...Eh, might as well. The enemy Qi Adpet isn't much of a threat, so I kill it next turn, and prepare for my enemy phase plans for the boss's po-

AIL4fc9tOgPhVDbtDFlWITozrmANGkkCwljrFqje

...that TeeHee forsaken HP levelup. Its not the biggest deal, it just would have been nice to only take one hit on Alfred instead of two

AIL4fc_hzcx5jDIg_XvwWCWhn9pVa-ZAgYYC7crg

And I have effective damage to hit the cavs hard on enemy phase, and Louis can get some

AIL4fc-aTduPz27PWVTKsvdu4raGuPc5JRZ1m512

Fairly safe chip in on the boss.

AIL4fc8EOEyIUvbGXdXKcPM4o9_ct-s3M0a0ZgpN

TeeHee gets the enemy phase kill on one of the cavs,

AIL4fc-HKQqgv8G8kqgdcfDucw6H2hxO1Xbs8DgI

For a fantastic levelup.

AIL4fc8j13EdIdKNuOZOvQuLZdIhlkzcg4Fm7idq

Alas without TeeHee's positional buffs Alfred is just shy of the kill here (don't worry, he did hit at least)

AIL4fc92q7sjKPddZkdGNxTnfoFmCpnvTg4yEdlK

Time to pop the boss's first health bar with a super,

AIL4fc-rFN_kKZrTHiO9Bu2vnzCWBg2wzjm0jXSsAIL4fc8SI8EqoAKZWputSgFQK23TSv-qKiuDi4Ta

And we intentionally get the special boss quote this time.

AIL4fc9KAmpYgMYjnMZTNjCdvlFGD9oXiLXjLW0r

Alfred then finishes his foe with the more reliable (and lighter) Slim Lance

AIL4fc_ZGZ8z9aDIrN_vjWrrQeZ9FaIOyvzOz3wx

I then let Bouchy Boy get the last bit of chip I needed

AIL4fc-N0BZz1gMJnFcBvThF9sI2o62c-gPBYV3c

But mostly to get him this speedy little levelup (he even got the build)

AIL4fc8UoDRg_eev3zia_62lo7pjA5zLZdzuKowd

It is time to end this TeeHee

AIL4fc8P8JAY7GdmY0ia0LeuDtXZEq33HkKUXsZA

...Why do they always shy away from a more interesting TeeHee.

AIL4fc-nocTevFkupHndx3xdsIwOrvCNQMeUwxMQ

And the fool doesn't seem to know Zephia at all

AIL4fc9PDFfAotSkNKn7RkQxXDRpl1wNkEQVWToK

Eh, could have been worse turnwise. Also Louis's solo act should have earned him the MVP title.

AIL4fc98c_IBzN3b8UJyJCpOugs3rHuoRL46HKgF

Well that is nice enough, and I did like (but missed an image of) the line where TeeHee is glad that Alfred and Celine didn't have to suffer through the death of their mother like TeeHee did.

AIL4fc9tUfcQv_ldUDPSWSLbAYGFxQFY2FVF0id0

I do appreciate the sentiment expressed here, consoling TeeHee by simply knowing that others grieve as well.

AIL4fc9LMdG64cd0abzqrlYJ43y6BJ4ldwfILLNY

~

AIL4fc-ocV0dnaeoxlZnEKYs-CTZ4rDeEW-jmtomAIL4fc9QphqjBTrESf-v358gKh7O9AInqeymBJmn

Hmm...I guess if Lumera was going to disproportionately pass out the rings to the other countries, that would be the way to keep the imbalance from escalating to conflict. Although she is really relying on the countries with extra rings from using that to their advantage. Although before the Emblems awakened how useful were the rings really? Were they even worth going to war over if people thought their powers were mere legends?

AIL4fc_liXlYcBSy6N-qJh7EXJxlxLu43mQvdgbz

Although how that was kept secret in general I don't know. Does Lumera just pretend she still has 8 rings? Where do people thing those two bonus rings ended up?

AIL4fc_cUR7Zyq4T19nQldf5KLEWSIWZDe8NO18L

Oh thank goodness, I am no longer bro-

AIL4fc8HcLmMDtqRdyLYv6_XsAJ3MOmyi-d0Fy4r

...Well, I guess we will see how close to bankrupt I become in the pursuit of fashion.

But since I got this far, there is one last little cutscene to cover

AIL4fc8cMXSaXO1jKbe0idTnAESFuR_SjeTuxdEj

As they were too cowardly to let TeeHee's words of vengeance be accurate. I guess they needed to show how evil the evil lady is

AIL4fc9KEAyJW15jxRnEdh_2xojdbKq9L6TLL-t2

As she kills the boss we would have killed anyway.

AIL4fc_yJNFC0IzEt0JDpAP9bJgpEAiv_dOK4Kx6

Just feel glad she is more merciful about your failure than you are.

And I think I will stop there before all the Somniel stuff, and the decision for what map to do next.

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

wait, that is a dead Julian there isn't it. That is going to make the Micaiah chapter a lot more interesting, although it also means I can't show off the funny Warp Ragnarok Yunaka strats.

Since thiefs aren't linked, you can still use Yunaka!

Misjudging enemy aggro is rough to deal with...

Thing is, i saw him move towards the village, so i was sure he won't be aggro'd lol.

In Vailla Fates, in CQ's cheve chapter, the outlaw priotizes the village over attacking you, right?

Or am i misremembering here?

lso losing my flier early will be a bit annoying to deal with.

Lapis can be reclassed into a Wyvern pretty easily, if you need it

AIL4fc-MT6Fy4Rc71ihOKI5O1fpyXnBtbYHVrhD6

That's a dangerous positioning.

The enemy formtion at the start there is quite tough

But we luck into a miss

*phew*

hat other cav is acting like an obnoxious dodge tank on these frustratingly inaccurate effective weapons

Yeah the cavs in this map are super fast for some reason

And physical non-emblem effective weapons are really not good in Engage. Post the early game especially.

In the manga afaik Alear kills him

But in the Manga Lumera is also still alive

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

xL7KRSz.png

Ch.5

Time to recruit another staff user! or die trying

Spoiler

eKQWaHQ.png

It's the dude with the cool music from FE12

We got some fresh blood as well!

wWAa1y3.png

Alrighty

love his sprite btw

At6xdv2.png
cUXF4dg.png

New cav squad has arrived

KMWweQp.png
dd9f941.png

And a lance squad!

Edqv570.png

I bait the Cav/Archer pair up with Merrin to take out the Archer for this lvlup

...Spd is nice, 4 bas Mag meens he needs alot of magic once Excalibur is gone

NxveYXo.png
xPDQZUm.png

MVP

GlpCPIf.png

*crits*

GS57pN3.png

noice

And he learned Sol O:

KpZMfeN.png

We got a new old man

vBbINij.png

Ayy niceee

xcpRwvL.png

Manakete taimu?

WckTDmU.png

>Magic

urMGv2O.png

wat

n132gjm.png

I sent Draug paired up with Matthis to take the pegasi out with Ridersbane for this lvlup

20JgCYP.png

Finally

V2fKiqs.png

That 9 Mov pegasi is a pain

Qhniy4U.png

Jo?

gjZCNQq.png

Devil Axe for the Thief, Gordin for Pegasi!

ZmV19uQ.png

Def + HP, not bad

Mo1uLit.png

One shot Gordin

eoCX7lh.png

I could Merric abuse, but i decide against it. So let's debuff and finish

S17m5oE.png

Gordin Tank

IE9xSow.png
oQI2bbb.png

Come on Marth

KxT7SZG.png

hmmm

cbz55xH.png

And with that, i reach the 2nd check point!

oAiHu1O.png

Garon jumpscare the 2nd

On 8/21/2023 at 6:54 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

It matches up fairly well against major trainers, and its biggest weaknesses statwise is speed, which is mitigate by it learning Flame Charge very early, which is basically a boosting move without the normal loss of tempo from having to give up an attack to use it.

That crit's still stinging, thank you /s

Why do I keep thinking Flame Charge isn't guaranteed to raise Spd? Would have been lovely for Burgh that's for sure.

On 8/21/2023 at 9:20 AM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

2M6qT7C.jpg

40 SPD Etie is the stuff Dreams are made of

Somehow I don't think a crit from her is recoverable.

GZz9OSk.png

13 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Although all this future death does put @Punished Dayni and @Newtype06 in the funny position where if they are clever with their encounter routing they can mitigate the damage of this slaughter.

The question is which routes or freebies do I sacrifice?

Some neat options in Castelia City and around Route 4 and the ruins, some if which I'm about to lose, but I suppose the real deliberations will be based on what I get in Virbank Complex. Can't count the higher level part of Route 20 either, it's like Pinwheel Forest like that.

Let's put replies here:

Spoiler

The complicated relationship between TeeHee and Lumera makes this an odd statement, as the two of them know her better than TeeHee, but TeeHee has that deep gnawing pain of knowing you should have known Lumera better, and now never can...

There's potential in this kinds of stuff, but little of it gets actually touched on.

AIL4fc9pc6lOdoSWW15TR38ipzM7wJGeBCLFTT0K

Hmmm...that seems an odd phrase given how far out of the way she is willing to go to proactively defend the innocents.

Detesting and committing violence aren't mutually exclusive..... I think.

3rLbJBl.png

Wait what.

The idea of Matthis being a dracoknight as a Macedon nobleman isn't odd at all, but it's still funny that the mods devs did this.

@Saint Rubenio Is this your doing? I'm unconvinced, considering General Matthis.

Bp4EEny.png

FFFFFFF

All this because of a damn thief....

k3YFKG9.png

Of course Wrys died.

Also Marth gets the bad ending.

AIL4fc9IdZIChRmN12NTSL1UeOc9K6ASudsq3x-X

...sigh. WHY does she have chains...and belts(?) on her ankle. Why make her barefoot. Some things about Veyle's design is very stupid.

Yeah, this is what the FBI Open Up meme was made for.

On the other hand, proof Gradlon was founded on Zero Emblem being Kaga after all?

AIL4fc9X8AIzPyThtUTW9xFWz9liugjDTRDEVORT

Their faults and frailty are there for all to find. That odd disconnect between gods, and being you can actually interact with rears it head immediately. Although that does make me wonder what people thought of Lumera. Did Celine know so little of Lumera to believe the same of her?

Is there an intention from IS of making Alear's status as Divine Dragon less..... divine? More in the distance that most people seem to put themselves from their deity in worship.

I feel like it's somewhat the case based on Alear's supposed reign as seen in endings.

AIL4fc8n_OlWlPau_huQPatvs-rBPogKnAF-uP27

But then we get the most important addition to the Somniel of all...Sommie. Yeah no custom name for the best little Engage unit here.

The real S Tier of Engage.

AIL4fc9M8giHRs6IFBeNFNiOMzdU5il_0OWaDVCm

That is an odd thing to lampshade there, and quite poorly, for why we have to retake the castle without any of the Firenese troops, and how our little band can overcome the Elusian conquerors.

It's almost like they could have clearly had the Elusians distract the main part of the Firenese forces to justify this and make the force led by Zephia and Nelucce a group taking advantage of the chaos of war to go into the palace and catch the reduced garrison by surprise.

Almost.

It is funny to see Lumera described as beastly, and it makes you wonder what Zephia was doing for the thousand years not to have heard of TeeHee...

I mean, between planning for Sombron's return, her recent adoptions and simping she seems pretty occupied.

AIL4fc9tK7uo7hGG0zvuwWQdNJqr24Aqg9QyWZ5s

But we luck into a miss, and TeeHee retaliates with a crit to boot. Honestly this risk was so unnecessary, I could have had no one in that position to avoid this with almost no consequences.

RNG really smiling on you with the 69% miss.

Because Lumera's actions in the past took that away.

AIL4fc_liXlYcBSy6N-qJh7EXJxlxLu43mQvdgbz

Although how that was kept secret in general I don't know. Does Lumera just pretend she still has 8 rings? Where do people thing those two bonus rings ended up?

I wouldn't be surprised if she did with Brodia and Elusia, considering the Micaiah Ring was intentionally hidden.

The Corrin Ring was treated similarly as well, but the Corrin Ring was heard by people nearby around the time so not the best case.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

xPDQZUm.png

MVP

He hit it!

vBbINij.png

Ayy niceee

....Are we sure this is SD!Marth?

oAiHu1O.png

Garon jumpscare the 2nd

Plot Twist: This is Garon's Nightmare as some goody two-shoes human kills the dragon.

Thing about this part of the game is it's actually pretty short. This and Burgh's gyms run pretty close to each other, but we'll see if that speed makes me sloppier.

Spoiler

I realise I saved right after getting the meetings and didn't heal, so I heal what's left of the party and move on. Before leaving Flocessy, I get given the Habitat list, a function I wish was kept. I go to Flocessy to see how low the Audinos are, see Abelanne 2-shots a level 5 one and it still gives a decent chunk of Exp for being 8 levels below. So I mainly grind Abelanne (Frain can't go up a level yet because I would like to do it in the morning.), see a Dunsparce which gives so little exp in comparison, get to see a trainer get caught on the wandering Mareep, find a Level 7 Audino gives nearly half the exp for a level for her and move on after a few more because I have a level cap to avoid pushing past. What I can do before morning is friendship grind (see: TM spam to 200 and then walk for the last 17 or so we need, all in Flocessy Ranch to be faster) so Frain is above the threshold for evolving at the next fight. It'll also give me an excuse to slap Return on both of them for massive damage.

After that and sleep, I remember the boost would also count for the level increase, so I do it there too. Once Frain hits the level, she gets Force Palm. And then she evolves. Beautiful. The party goes to fight the guy blocking our way. Abelanne clears out his Riolu and his egotistic head gets a bop. I then try to skip the other trainers for the sake of our next party member, but that asshat Cheren stops me and Veardiy so he can tutorial us. He also gives us Pecha berries, which best case scenario are irrelevant and says we can call him. I'll call him an asshole. Hugh decides to take inspiration from him, then walks into the tall grass. I walk into the preschooler like an idiot and fight a Lilipup. Return 1-shots. Then I see what in a worst case scenario would have ended me: a double battle. Then have Sunkern, so the issue would be if I only had one pokemon. I get given Great Balls coming into Virbank (Good timing, welcomer). Walking in we spy some family drama where a captain wants to be a movie star as his rockstar daughter tries to get him to not throw away the stability of the ocean? She gives a string of d-lettered insults (all SFW), then stomps off to her gym. While traipsing about I find a star that walks me into the Complex at a low point and get a free Pearl. A guy outsides says the meta thing to do is get Magnemite. Good luck me I suppose?

I go into the inner area to make the risk of a Pidove disappear, then find the grass and get a Growlithe. This is a bother to me for personal reasons (I try to enforce a rule where I ban pokemon I've used in previous runs) but it's a fire type and I kinda need that after what happened. After two tackles I go for a catch but of course the first ball breaks. Second Great ball connects though and we have our next member, Gordie. He even gives us a Rawst Berry. I run back to take on the trainers I skipped earlier. Gordie loses half his health against a Dunsparce of all things. Going back to Virbank Complex, I find the Thief TM and teach it to Gordie (His only damaging move was Ember). I get a minor scare with Gordie fighting a Lilipup, but Ember does better than Thief in surviving. He takes a bit more from the next fight, but he solos the next one too. And the other one. He'd probably gotten as much experience fighting an Audino. But we get Rock Smash from fighting the workers. Also, a guy in a lab coat goes around describing various functions of infrastructure in the complex and calls me a complex buddy. Is he just some autistic guy who has a deep interest in the subject taking it all in?

I decide to take out the gym trainers in the club, then see what my levels are like before fighting Roxie. Abelanne crits both of the first trainer's pokemon, then Gordie does the other one. Might as well use Frain on Roxie herself, but first a bit of a grind just in case. Gordie gets Flame Wheel, Abelanne gets Hypnosis, I get a Sitrus Berry from an Audino, Frain.... I guess just gets ready. I then go to challenge Roxie. She says she'll knock some sense out of me. Ooookay then. Oh, you know how Steel doesn't resist Dark? Well, that was true before Gen 6, so Frain can wall for days because all the moves are that, Normal and Poison. I set up +4 to Atk with Work Up, then Return both her mons to her. Frain does not learn Me First on level up. Badge and Venoshock get, we get invited to Pokestar Studios and Roxie follows, trying to get her dad to not give up his day job (because he absolutely would). And in the silence of the club, that's where we leave it.

TL;DR: Got Worked Up a couple times over things that Returned out to be no problem. Checkpoint reached.

List:

Spoiler

Trainer Alearth

Abelanne the Patrat

Frain the Lucario

Gordie the Growlithe

Question: What should I do about that bit in Castelia Sewers with Hugh? Treat the encounter as is or not? Because if so probably choose to repel through.

On 8/23/2023 at 5:13 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

THEY MADE MATTHIS A DRACOKNIGHT? Did @Saint Rubenio sweet talk the hackers into some Matthis favoritism or something.

No, but holy shit that's a great idea. My hat's off to the hack makers!

3 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Wait what.

The idea of Matthis being a dracoknight as a Macedon nobleman isn't odd at all, but it's still funny that the mods devs did this.

@Saint Rubenio Is this your doing? I'm unconvinced, considering General Matthis.

Yeah, you're right, it's not, but I support it nonetheless. I mean, look at my sig - I've also had a rather legendary dracoMatthis! He killed Camus before he could even speak his battle quote!

On 8/21/2023 at 10:20 AM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

k3YFKG9.png

Words cannot express my disappointment.

On 8/23/2023 at 12:36 AM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Since thiefs aren't linked, you can still use Yunaka!

Eh, I kinda decided to act like she linked died anyway, as I think it might make things more interesting, and give me an excuse to use Zelkov, as she is another unit I brought all the way to endgame on my last ironman (and when properly used as a smoke machine, thieves are invincible). Plus thieves do not have the kind of vital utility they do in other games, and even if they did you can reclass into them, so the special treatment of thieves doesn't feel as warranted in Engage.

On 8/23/2023 at 12:36 AM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Thing is, i saw him move towards the village, so i was sure he won't be aggro'd lol.

In Vailla Fates, in CQ's cheve chapter, the outlaw priotizes the village over attacking you, right?

Or am i misremembering here?

I am fairly certain it does, but units having odd and unique AI behavior isn't that unheard of in Conquest (for example, only the paired Pegasi in Chapter 10 are unaggressive and head straight to the defend point).

On 8/23/2023 at 3:28 AM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

At6xdv2.png
cUXF4dg.png

New cav squad has arrived

Just out of curiosity, are they prepromotes here? If they are, do they have the Jakob/Felicia treatment, or just bonkers growths like in the original Shadow Dragon?

KMWweQp.png
dd9f941.png

And a lance squad!

Huh, and they made these two dismounted. I guess that is an alright change to add infantry lances to the game.

And he learned Sol O:

Already, before promoting, at this somewhat random level? I guess this hack is trying to shake things up a bit.

oAiHu1O.png

Garon jumpscare the 2nd

Garon playing double duty as the other really should have been named in game king.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

There's potential in this kinds of stuff, but little of it gets actually touched on.

To be fair, I am noticing quite a few times where Alear is clearly using Lumera's death as a way of relating to other character's feelings about family...

3 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Is there an intention from IS of making Alear's status as Divine Dragon less..... divine? More in the distance that most people seem to put themselves from their deity in worship.

I feel like it's somewhat the case based on Alear's supposed reign as seen in endings.

It reminds me of some analysis of Kafka's An Imperial Message I saw recently, that it is showing how the convoluted systems of power are used to distance the people in power from their subjects, and that this distance, this abstraction, legitimizes their power.

It's almost like they could have clearly had the Elusians distract the main part of the Firenese forces to justify this and make the force led by Zephia and Nelucce a group taking advantage of the chaos of war to go into the palace and catch the reduced garrison by surprise.

Almost.

Alas the classic pitfall of writing a better explanation than the game gave.

RNG really smiling on you with the 69% miss.

To be fair, the 59% just before it could have missed as well, so I was a bit above 50% chance of making it out of that blunder.

see a Dunsparce which gives so little exp in comparison

Huh, I forgot you could find Dunsparce this early in this game. I guess I haven't actually played Black/White 2 since my fascinating with the line (after getting Zelda the Dunsparce from my Crystal nuzlocke).

see: TM spam to 200

Now that is clever trick to happiness grinding I never actually thought of for gen 5.

then find the grass and get a Growlithe.

Was it an intimidate, or flash fire one?

Oh, you know how Steel doesn't resist Dark? Well, that was true before Gen 6, so Frain can wall for days because all the moves are that, Normal and Poison.

Ah the power of pre-nerfed Steel...well kind of, it traded Dark and Ghost resist for a Fairy one, so how much of a nerf that trade was is up for debate.

Question: What should I do about that bit in Castelia Sewers with Hugh? Treat the encounter as is or not? Because if so probably choose to repel through.

I would say that decision is entirely up to you.

Although personally I would treat it as is, as that theoretically gives you the interesting choice of risking the double random encounter for more choice (although you probably want to team kill Hugh's pokemon as fast as you can), or repelling for a safer encounter

Alright time to reach the next checkpoint by finishing chapter 6

Spoiler

Back at the Somniel

AIL4fc9Ux4DUUMXzjT83nZHDsjeIF7H8zhwUSHj8

There is an adorable water fight between our young siblings here.

Then I spend about a quarter of my money on buying all of the clothes. All of them...which is surprisingly affordable from a purely monetary perspective... and its time to show off the fruits of that

AIL4fc81HFrcB-8Mbcgo7qyrOgwQPXN7TmKehIod

With TeeHee getting into more divine white robes

AIL4fc8N3bjE3h5o2OyVaYuT8bo4z63AifjbdaiQ

Alfred gets that excellent vest with the cravat

AIL4fc8IBzLa9ZCHHtNe-bs_DN-TlA4XYsaz3-r_

Etie rocking this charming little Blue dress with the flower above her heart.

AIL4fc9iGf1oSQ_lpb7RrVCDxgTwauKnjbxkZCAc

Celine gets this far more sensible, yet still well decorated dress

AIL4fc9oqdJojDVf-Q-CO-4snYscw0UD_SdJY8uC

...Yeah I really like that cravat vest on a lot of the guys. I will try to contain myself, once we get better clothing for the guys, with fashion updates as we unlock new stuff

AIL4fc986oMc9hBA_MwDlwINfPiB-EsJyyEnG4tP

And I have given out quite a few glasses to wear on my troops, but as you can see here, I wont be changing all the base outfits. I like the way Clanne and Framme's outfits complement eachother for instance, and Vander's base outfit is top tier

AIL4fc8-Ir7yjiCaGxnDoenjUA19F24ukEzySMoU

Although some, like my Bouchy Boy here, will likely change clothes more drastically when I get more outfits (although I have already added some cute glasses to him)

And while I have changes Chloe's outfit already, but I have a fashion plan for my linked dead troops that I will reveal, once it is fully operational.

Now while this was surviable from a money perspective, it crippled my supply of ore...

AIL4fc_I9_xVNwtnFv7sceYpH7vXssNreDO2uXIj

if the RNG hadn't decided to again save me from my own destructiveness. Yep, I lucked into the first dog I got digging up a silver ore on the first chance they had. That lets me do a little forging, mostly

AIL4fc8Ll3FWdp8hTOIxVYkdYPHiRWRqa4h2mo5w

Boosting up the personal weapon to +2, and get

AIL4fc8fdtrpuUWbuoOKFpdhVVUgeFqCaiC9QD7fAIL4fc93ZOHMEJS8PVpVcG1fbyaYn9u49SKxgSvb

The accuracy forge boost on the effective weapons.

AIL4fc9pN-URWdffenuAVCJBxm-j86VQcdRYGCbF

I also decide to actually use my stat boosters this time around, and this made the most sense for that first Seraph Robe

AIL4fc--Ylrph5GDZ4Kc_WWsBAtN8X95rODtK8Ft

TeeHee also gets this great levelup from the Arena, although it took all my Arena uses to get him the exp for it.

AIL4fc-RUViXv0EeG797uQB06cuKuNfqG_VIi7Fq

The four kingdoms are uncomfortably close to single biome kingdoms, with Firene as the flower field kingdom, Brodia as the mountain kingdom, Elusia as the ice kingdom, and Solm as the desert kingdom...

AIL4fc_8yh_pZLICZJ5oayzTVEfCEcyOOu0Xll2A

There is something funny about this moment where the distance that legitimizes power is stripped away by this closeness to their subject, and the young prince and god awkwardly try to live up to ideals that the state otherwise have already failed at (just look at the dead village we are about to fight in).

AIL4fc9r4wv39660_3icemS-aGC53TbJsD1fpf4zAIL4fc8id0KJyaqa9rcnMCezmCdgus4h6XeQy756

Yunaka's silly vocal mannerisms, over the top reaction and goofy star filled hair, are utterly charming.

AIL4fc_01k1jLYK-lc6Qm_hkFCtq3pic08gvQ96x

I do also find it funny that she felt the need to generically describe a ring...

AIL4fc-Cb7jfzIn5sublfvvXJyE219qbWw_AkEq3

When you have this bombshell to drop.

AIL4fc_B5XVcjPhBhUG6d33SZbtgPqqyY0ho2Qne

I guess that makes TeeHee the Holy Broccoly 😛

AIL4fc-SOK_liocXU89BRV_8VkDDku3m5osJd-ZL

This sounds rather odd to me, are there really that few of ports on the continent, that passing through the Firenese capital is really the fastest way to get passage to Lythos from so close to the Brodian border?

AIL4fc-q0m7u95aGwvtJKFgSg5-STsO0Gjkd0m9N

Damn, Yunaka has some great eyesi-

AIL4fc-Mgs1PwFRNsYpKXJz1p13KgUWPEPY1paRS

Hey, stop stealing my lines TeeHee

AIL4fc8UEiA81F2L7mJnE0EQyq9SY65bddZHY4RYAIL4fc9B7M7XPDoa5JTUIsvFpPAAmmtwFTSSDieO

The way she always seems to trip up like this are rather silly. Honestly if she just didn't try to correct herself no one would even notice.

AIL4fc80WNRdhybOal3CCIa2Or402dScQQFsKM4f

And then she suggests the totally not suspicious idea of a Yunaka and TeeHee solo mission.

AIL4fc-qBMkh-mRjNHOy5dtEbqw2DRJMTgBmr351

Here's my deployment for this map, and I make sure to buy an Illume staff, and torch for the occasion. Honestly, this is the map I most regret losing Chloe for, as there is an annoying Thunder mage that like to hide behind a fence that she can fly over to punish, but here we go.

AIL4fc-ZbNs9HliK8gmY4HBJO-V3kYs2UmuKKrFc

That is an oddly specific way of tutorializing thieves having better vision, as it makes it seem more like a personal skill of hers or something.

AIL4fc-Ee0ho_jg3po2wjBXz99f0QjvLRVUxryiO

Now I open by trying to get some good vision on that Thunder mage, and its more physical defenders.

AIL4fc8tO0hFOfLWWqKyUlKIvKzTIaehVxznjBap

And I need to kill this one immediately to protect Framme, although not trying for the Javelin kill instead of this far more accurate Slim Lance one is something I will come to regret a little, but I will get to that in a little bit, there are still other fronts to this map to cover

AIL4fc88W0i-XV5lKqyC4xlgyT_2dOYSA9aOR_UK

Which is to prepare Bouchy Boy to draw in some enemies, and ignoring the Long Bow I remember being in the southern fog for now.

Meanwhile in the TeeHee Yunaka solo mission, I was still deciding if I would follow Shrimpy's rule about thieves being unlinked, or just acting like I initially thought, but

AIL4fc_eBqSF4XP8jKeCP_Tl-cAR1p5ZVtM4nJgn

Who am I to defy the RNG making it clear TeeHee should solo this section of the map. I will still move Yunaka around, but decided I will ensure she sees no combat.

AIL4fc9dUJm5s3DgNiHEsz6vrRI82dPkUXyI_0D0

Or staff using, as she was gifted that potent Micaiah ring.

AIL4fc_3Ep2ukhW69FRalOpsBQFNKAEIc6gReod8

Also enemy light snuffing AI is kind of funny on this map

AIL4fc8CP_c3GT0H9fBe8C_1mgJzcD_JY36VLGLq

For instance, it made the enemy that could break Boucheron extinguish the light instead

AIL4fc_nQs67geMEwSGScEOtL1-MYKBocnQHOnZ1

Which let's me secure the Hammer with Boucheron

AIL4fc8hLFLDSGAvc1n4pb_Ad-vFraBLP0euym5h

While Etie and Clanne manage exact damage on the swordie

AIL4fc8VzKMXOOLCasCPmZ_xV18ho93eY-5F_k98

Now for the thing I regretted with my positioning last turn, it let this jerk get the avoid bonus from the terrain, and while that doesn't stop Celine

AIL4fc-T6ePWZnOdTElcII7FzKT6gsYi1ZseWDaQ

It does make it physically possible for Alfred to miss the kill here

AIL4fc-lZckFhLDhXGe5aJJ1uwoe29lGnhBeQYAu

Which he does. This was such a mistake, in retrospect, I should have engaged Louis for the perfectly accurate override kill, and now I am in a bit of a pickle. I could try for the Javelin kill with Louis, but that is even lower accuracy than the hit that missed, and the lightning has a 1% crit kill chance on him, although he does have exactly 1 HP above double the mage's damage, so he could theoretically survive a miss...

I wish I had just a little more vision as I seem to remember there being something ahead of us in the fog...sigh, I decide to risk the unknown instead of the 1% crit chance

AIL4fc8L24GKK9RZABTeMUifLCVOmlUSRiulNPce

Which proves to be the right move, as Alfred does live being thundered again, and being jumped by this thief.

AIL4fc9Dz8JYURyc41bjizPjsRTW2znxMmvcw9M9AIL4fc_qtz57hTejXdTdW0Q8utAfEWw2qh7lGdO3

And like that we have cleared the path ahead.

AIL4fc_OFSCJiC_wbb3xFcc_hNruPN3SCFYYpsvR

Also Framme gets this rather underwhelming levelup, for a 3 stat levelup.

AIL4fc_4PFisuV0IUCsNyDLPDhtIxjaxnnBD8fJs

Although that Long Bow has finally gotten close enough for us to see. Also TeeHee has done fine solo

AIL4fc8rr8-n_mUfYbMAGj0EzIzSNgeuV8pfWYz8

but does finally need to pop a vuln.

AIL4fc-pcdyNXQuvv2xnP1mzN_NoZxalhdhOIgo7

...Alright, she lives it on 1, and that takes care of that little issue, and lets me added the Longbow to Etie's inventory easily. I seem to remember there was something some physical defender down there, so we aren't quite done with this little southern path quite yet.

AIL4fc8lqIxKPunG9ioru4fIhWpB40Rvs0TK7tAP

I do also want some more vision ahead as well, so its time to pop an actual torch.

AIL4fc-y0aNK_GfJ1j91dE9q-aZNBvgJeLFmpmJ4

And TeeHee gets this nice little levelup from enemy phase chip. Onto next turn the long bow's defender shows it face

AIL4fc_-vvI9RD00qkYWgoLmZoNotzpA0QXq0C7y

Which lets Celin get this rather defense leve lup from the chip

AIL4fc_qdiZdy4Tdm0RgmUmS1rksRUdZSZSMZopg

And thanks to it walking right into Boucheron's hand attack chain attack range, I can finish it off with the Longbow as well.

AIL4fc_xLhlC3c1QJiGHc27A2efjYuc71n-akDwR

...What a terrible levelup Etie...

AIL4fc_4Hh2ChpjsD8R2iwG5LvhKfjphr81ZSnF0

And time for some more funny enemy extinguising AI shenanigans

AIL4fc9f7TfW55ogRWuvxy5HQ6hHAGFFpj8iokkW

I might be playing a bit too cautiously now...

AIL4fc_UWfJD5q4aJdUJNu5OBLPQWV61jsstA0IC

But it was funny how the Axe enemy just sat there extinguishing the flame, so I had Alfred light it up again

AIL4fc8ZGiIf5LmrjlrdCbQ4kWMEmjf4m2IlTBT9

But this time it was the swordie is the one that extinguished the light, as they managed to find a physical enemy capable of harming Louis.

AIL4fc9Rbcgwn_6EgoLuS3k4y3zQWsVJXF9EHUkxAIL4fc-6lCsKdztkj51JAAxYdUZ3VocGXKbP56wR

These weren't very accurate shots for this kill, but I did have Clane in the back to cover a miss.

AIL4fc8mDC1iWmXh0Rvw38qgzpczMRzKkZRzGSv-

Although doing do did put me in a bit of danger

AIL4fc9hFNnODnTIl0S6dGPXX1XC0VAQa7Q53BsC

As Bouchy boy got jumped from the darkness, so I decide to light things up with Framme again, but I simply don't see anything

AIL4fc-rQKisISiz66OgXuOWg4fyWmeoCK_3t3iz

Although Alfred did get this excellent level killing the one that jumped Bouchy

AIL4fc96EABfZzoIWuRWygGBTDSQGMbVlLCk_x8x

But my lack of enemies in vision is really bugging me, so I trade chain to light up a little more area with Alfred's torch

AIL4fc_Buc7LoVIbtztuegiF1vWMPgWyJ46NSRqM

Finally reveals an enemy archer, so I can trade equip Louis to a Javelin for some enemy phase chip.

AIL4fc9CCMXT0BX5zpqj7yIxRrW9CKvWPgG1Xj5g

That lets Bouchy Boy easily get the kill, but I decide to burn another Illume staff, as I remember there being  a mage somewhere ahead, and I really don't want Louis to bite it to some fog jumping...

AIL4fc-jhgbmhPnPZzIsFLGyjhC_2xASTniSmAZZ

This should be safe, as I can see far enough to where a mage could jump him, but I want to see if can find that mage anyway.

AIL4fc9-2z5jeqGWJR03U8XW_xkfDJ-v2jO9wXyk

But its just not close enough. Oh well, I am baiting the boss with Louis already, just in time for TeeHee to rejoin our main army.

AIL4fc9SvHijWi9VCMa_xSs-HYIo-lxI40ja6Ynf

And this little monster just had to brag about brutalizing this dead little village.

AIL4fc-ZPt2upD6AfraP3FO72XBXKILujQuOkmKr

I do finally see the little mage, so I wipe him out with an override while I am here

AIL4fc-weoX9XYv8dGypUhDInT_M36LHqU8f1dZF

Which even got Louis some Resistance.

AIL4fc_qhStS0Wy6-BPmeAM2O4CcZ_eUzcCOFB-lAIL4fc-5u03Oq10DT6PAV6czU46p0uKFHVwpmARS

I did also have enough supers ready to utterly cripple the boss, which lets me easily feed this kill

AIL4fc_wKTJeRCC2QbAmAbloR1HNcV5EywXsHubN

To my Bouchy Boy.

AIL4fc8yyZDJl-3QJapNYS0h1yDO6cLZZn0Qc2Ed

What else would you call it, after admitting to slaughtering this whole village with your little band.

AIL4fc96YtanPxmtwZkJ57UtApBnVpzeq3jdtDhx

I guess TeeHee did earn the MVP with his solo performance.

AIL4fc-JylbIndAKMlVVeNRW_UERbyg-FfVd220A

It is a nice little touch to have Yunaka confess...to this crime at least

AIL4fc8adiIkk1UJ_7FByOnhidGaxEVSlQDmVT2d

And seek out redemption, with an

AIL4fc_gqaoAA9TH_50pPHdhdxUKPFrkJNdYi4w-

An adorable punish, of being recruited, although with me considering her link-dead

AIL4fc-4P9x2E0iYzKow4SoAgNUBAWoS-sNTj3yu

Its bye-a Papaya to you Yunaka.

AIL4fc9gP_kq9TuvE1m8EqpEA1qMotlpuUt1zVHV

Although we do have one more scene with Veyle before I finish this update off,

AIL4fc84yeh8dsziD_1zmywdvMHy1zSqS8p4-mjV

Although I kind of wonder what brought her here, this isn't exactly close to the Elusian troops, or the hounds. Was she trying to track down the Dawn Maiden ring on her own?

AIL4fc8nvAy3R6xaYPdzWAGiBepkykVNbIVwlKD2

The interesting how TeeHee is clearly use Lumera's death as a means of empathizing with Veyle's missing sibling issue...

AIL4fc_4e52Bjf22OTlabNK0BjSm8JqT8Kiu9jsZ

Although how she expects to actually find TeeHee when she knows nothing about them...or actually identify them I guess.

AIL4fc8AgXpcf9KCmTNrlCrVmQlR5IE_IM0obc0Y

This is why you should wear shoes...

AIL4fc90ZxdZ5Adj-5PYoogOE1McSXKj2fWHIDMOAIL4fc9suI7O7K8Y91LsaExkyslq7OlY3oV1rF20

The literally friendless villain trope is an odd one to appear here...but that is enough story nonsense for now, see you next time when I likely hit up some of the early paralogues.

I do also now have a Talisman that I am not sure what to do with, whether try to make Louis more likely to survive a magic hit, or just pump up another of TeeHee's defensive stats, so feel free to give your suggestions.

On 8/24/2023 at 12:44 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, you're right, it's not, but I support it nonetheless. I mean, look at my sig - I've also had a rather legendary dracoMatthis! He killed Camus before he could even speak his battle quote!

Ah yeah.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

To be fair, the 59% just before it could have missed as well, so I was a bit above 50% chance of making it out of that blunder.

Multiplying the hit rates tells me it was a bit over 55% chance that both hit, but I could be completely wrong on it being True Hit.

Huh, I forgot you could find Dunsparce this early in this game. I guess I haven't actually played Black/White 2 since my fascinating with the line (after getting Zelda the Dunsparce from my Crystal nuzlocke).

It's funny that Dunsparce is kinda prolific in Unova of all places.

Now that is clever trick to happiness grinding I never actually thought of for gen 5.

Had to account for it not giving happiness at 200, so still needed some running about.

Was it an intimidate, or flash fire one?

Intimidate, which might be better overall because while Flash Fire boosts Fire Type damage, I can't think of any major examples of non-fire types using Fire type moves in this version-

Remembers the box legendary

Oh no.

Ah the power of pre-nerfed Steel...well kind of, it traded Dark and Ghost resist for a Fairy one, so how much of a nerf that trade was is up for debate.

Considering it lost both, I'd argue slight nerf with how useful Fairy is offensively (though imo Grass could have used it more /s). It really stung the Steel/Psychics; Metagross (being harmed from it's high position prior), Bronzong (who tripled it's weaknesses) and Jirachi's defensive potential are all harmed by the variety of moves that those types do have now dealing double damage.

I would say that decision is entirely up to you.

Although personally I would treat it as is, as that theoretically gives you the interesting choice of risking the double random encounter for more choice (although you probably want to team kill Hugh's pokemon as fast as you can), or repelling for a safer encounter

About how I expected that to go.

Spoiler

AIL4fc9Ux4DUUMXzjT83nZHDsjeIF7H8zhwUSHj8

There is an adorable water fight between our young siblings here.

Of course, these two are happy siblings.

Then I spend about a quarter of my money on buying all of the clothes. All of them...which is surprisingly affordable from a purely monetary perspective... and its time to show off the fruits of that

Oh it'll be expensive eventually.

Especially if you go for the Level 4 clothes as well.

AIL4fc_8yh_pZLICZJ5oayzTVEfCEcyOOu0Xll2A

There is something funny about this moment where the distance that legitimizes power is stripped away by this closeness to their subject, and the young prince and god awkwardly try to live up to ideals that the state otherwise have already failed at (just look at the dead village we are about to fight in).

I almost want to say something about death as an equaliser, but, well, it seems a bit inappropriate to the fallen.

AIL4fc-ZbNs9HliK8gmY4HBJO-V3kYs2UmuKKrFc

That is an oddly specific way of tutorializing thieves having better vision, as it makes it seem more like a personal skill of hers or something.

True enough, though there's how many other chapters? 20? 13? I can't think of any paralogues, so it ends up being a minor issue.

Who am I to defy the RNG making it clear TeeHee should solo this section of the map. I will still move Yunaka around, but decided I will ensure she sees no combat.

AIL4fc9dUJm5s3DgNiHEsz6vrRI82dPkUXyI_0D0

Or staff using, as she was gifted that potent Micaiah ring.

RIP Yunaka this run.

Which he does. This was such a mistake, in retrospect, I should have engaged Louis for the perfectly accurate override kill, and now I am in a bit of a pickle. I could try for the Javelin kill with Louis, but that is even lower accuracy than the hit that missed, and the lightning has a 1% crit kill chance on him, although he does have exactly 1 HP above double the mage's damage, so he could theoretically survive a miss...

I wish I had just a little more vision as I seem to remember there being something ahead of us in the fog...sigh, I decide to risk the unknown instead of the 1% crit chance

AIL4fc8L24GKK9RZABTeMUifLCVOmlUSRiulNPce

Which proves to be the right move, as Alfred does live being thundered again, and being jumped by this thief.

Phew, Alfred living is good.

AIL4fc-rQKisISiz66OgXuOWg4fyWmeoCK_3t3iz

Although Alfred did get this excellent level killing the one that jumped Bouchy

Even gets to showing there's still fight in him yet.

AIL4fc_4e52Bjf22OTlabNK0BjSm8JqT8Kiu9jsZ

Although how she expects to actually find TeeHee when she knows nothing about them...or actually identify them I guess.

Veyle's face blindness is a cruel fate

Yeah, her having amnesia too is mighty convenient. Maybe her having doubts that it's Alear at first could have been done because of their having been converted AoE style could have been expressed, but I'm not sure how to be going about that in the first half of the game.

I do also now have a Talisman that I am not sure what to do with, whether try to make Louis more likely to survive a magic hit, or just pump up another of TeeHee's defensive stats, so feel free to give your suggestions.

I'd lean towards a combat unit who might actually face magic without melting instead of Louis.

Sorry for the delay guys, this week has been very busy. I had a vacation, I was sick for a couple of days and at the moment there is a storm that is severely limiting my internet speed, so I hope the images are embeded correctly.

ALPHA SAPPHIRE - GYM 2

Spoiler

As we leave the Gym, we see a Team Aqua grunt escaping from the Devon Corporation building with that same Devon researcher from earlier close behind

Z4QW7iHL_o.pngRv8NDi2N_o.png2GxCf062_o.png3rpNhF26_o.png

We say goodbye to Sapphire and put her in the box, where she will never come out...

Dayni...

xm2zrCvn_o.png

I urgently need to reorganize my boxes

We meet again with the researcher, who once again asks us to save his skin and recover what was stolen

34RKMz9C_o.pngjCrRCmKX_o.pngM0BKtmir_o.pngU5sL33Nx_o.png

Carefully avoiding some trainers, we get our new dead encounter, Useless the Nincada

NoN5kYYm_o.pngIYqad5UD_o.pngqNHaBfnQ_o.pngqNHaBfnQ_o.png

Maybe she wouldn't be so useless if Shrimpy was more careful

YPHnZz4y_o.png6c60z9ON_o.png

Peeko, Mr. Briney's trusted Wingull was stolen too, so off we go to help them too

JQOQZh8S_o.pngrLjY7sGP_o.pnguAg4n41G_o.pngeyShWEdO_o.png

We pick a pokeball and catch another one, this time Garbage the Whismur

OLM7P576_o.pngcOQPElxY_o.pngm8upVl47_o.pngl7Cm8jM7_o.png

Maybe she wouldn't be so garbage if Shrimpy was more careful

MtkVCnV4_o.pngayyJRoiD_o.png

Up ahead, we meet the thug, who challenges us to a battle but is easily defeated by the teamwork between Tybalt and Mia

TeboChj2_o.pngBUvWQmLU_o.pngoNSDgakB_o.pngX2Elh19D_o.png

I know man, Wingull sucks so much

Lfd9qQqa_o.pngdNC5Q7ms_o.pngjlhJYq6d_o.png87JEuYTu_o.png

0ni0s2ofofv51.png

At least he gracefully hands us the Devon parts and Peeko

rluBWNUw_o.pngvi2Np0za_o.pngN78CROHb_o.pngaUGCc70b_o.png

Oh, I will, and it will be sooner than you think

We send Useless and Garbage to the Box of Doom together with Sapphire and head to the Devon Corporation building, where the researcher gifts us a Great Ball and invites us in

aqvaHHhD_o.pngxrDwl3b1_o.pngFFkibhdC_o.pngG6iAwXie_o.png

Here we meet its owner Elon Musk Joseph Stone, who upgrades our PokeNav and asks us to deliver a Letter to his son Steven in Dewford

cyurZXUt_o.pngKiY57wry_o.png78tS2WsY_o.png

QqMpNxtr_o.pngCQaF4QdY_o.png

I'm doing better than you

Mr. Briney then returns his favor and takes us to Dewford, where we waste no time and, after talking to a fisherman and earning an Old Rod, we head straight to the gym.

XerIlcXA_o.pngz3m8X1IY_o.pnguEYEbO7z_o.pngt7pnUJlb_o.png

I hated that part in the original as a kid, I found it hard to get into the middle of Mr. Briney and Peeko

ujdWhr0U_o.pngK5xagp1F_o.pngjBBXWfSP_o.pngg3RzB6Su_o.png

I'm sorry this part is rushed and half-baked, I'm in a hurry here

A5pRXYzX_o.pnglOapUotz_o.pngLXfYcEPH_o.png7Gso6ih9_o.png

Here we put into practice the Kaizo master tactic and Nelson sweeps the Gym, anticlimactically winning us the Badge

9bnXGlgw_o.pngpvpEFdys_o.pngqT2s0HMp_o.pngVieuSD6w_o.png

Now I'm scared shitless because I know I won't be able to do the same in the next Gym...

POAzPlug_o.pngy6Yn3SM4_o.pngtSvftDIL_o.pngEzezgrTu_o.png

It's late at night here and I'm tired, I'm going to sleep

Good night

On 8/19/2023 at 6:49 AM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Really wish the remakes were based of Emerald instead/gotten an Emerald remake...

On 8/21/2023 at 2:54 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am still bitter about the Battle Frontier being under construction...

But what I'm most bitter about is this right here

WRqpmuuI_o.png

Everything wrong with the remakes in a nutshell

On 8/19/2023 at 4:44 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Calling out Norman, like he deserves. Then again, he is at least more present in the life of his child than most Pokemon protagonist's fathers...

And it's still funny because like, he's the only protagonist's father we see in the entire series???

On 8/19/2023 at 6:29 AM, Punished Dayni said:

Huh, guess I didn't anticipate Emboar being as well regarded.

The best starter for BW1 and the second best for BW2.

On 8/23/2023 at 12:13 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Yeah...

I just did what I was going to do anyway. Granite Cave, Dewford and Slateport's encounters are more important

On 8/24/2023 at 8:39 AM, Punished Dayni said:

That crit's still stinging, thank you /s

Imagine how I feel now that I'm facing Wattson without a good counter

On 8/24/2023 at 8:39 AM, Punished Dayni said:

Some neat options in Castelia City and around Route 4 and the ruins, some if which I'm about to lose, but I suppose the real deliberations will be based on what I get in Virbank Complex. Can't count the higher level part of Route 20 either, it's like Pinwheel Forest like that.

I would catch Eevee and Zubat, they're just too good to pass up

On 8/25/2023 at 11:50 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

18 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Considering it lost both, I'd argue slight nerf with how useful Fairy is offensively (though imo Grass could have used it more /s). It really stung the Steel/Psychics; Metagross (being harmed from it's high position prior), Bronzong (who tripled it's weaknesses) and Jirachi's defensive potential are all harmed by the variety of moves that those types do have now dealing double damage.

Tbf, Metagross and Bronzong were too OP, so I think it was for the best

Edited by Newtype06

OvvazKr.png

Checkpoint 2 List!

On 8/24/2023 at 1:39 PM, Punished Dayni said:

Somehow I don't think a crit from her is recoverable

Armors probably would, thanks to how min max'd they are in Engage.

On 8/24/2023 at 1:39 PM, Punished Dayni said:

What should I do about that bit in Castelia Sewers with Hugh? Treat the encounter as is or not? Because if so probably choose to repel through

For you to decide.

On 8/25/2023 at 4:50 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

the special treatment of thieves doesn't feel as warranted in Engage.

fair

On 8/25/2023 at 4:50 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

are they prepromotes here? I

according to the spreadsheet they don't promote, so i guess so.

Their growths are good, but not what i'd call bonkers

7 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

if Shrimpy was more careful

anime-oops-my-fault.gif

7 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I know I won't be able to do the same in the next Gym...

That one i remember gave me alot of trouble as a kiddie when i first played Gen 3

9 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I would catch Eevee and Zubat, they're just too good to pass up

All I say to that is hope I get lucky, Eevee is 5% and I've gotten that once already.

Tbf, Metagross and Bronzong were too OP, so I think it was for the best

Bronzong was more pain in the ass wall than busted, but sure.

xm2zrCvn_o.png

Fresh Off The Boat GIF

Carefully avoiding some trainers, we get our new dead encounter, Useless the Nincada

RIP we never knew ye.

Jeez, Nincada would have had immunity.... or Shedinja to all but the Voltorb

I know man, Wingull sucks so much

Remembers his Pelipper being crucial in a run of Ruby

Certainly if he can't use it well. And he could have Drizzle! I couldn't.

Here we meet its owner Elon Musk Joseph Stone, who upgrades our PokeNav and asks us to deliver a Letter to his son Steven in Dewford

Wait he has a first name?

Now I'm scared shitless because I know I won't be able to do the same in the next Gym...

For all I know, my electric gym could be fatal

it's shocking how low of a chance Geodude is in Granite Cave, but Lightning Rod Electrike would at least block Volt Switch (But then again how much damage would it be capable of?), Couple of other maybes on 110.....

Ugh. Emerald's gym would have been worse in power, but that Magneton's no fun.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

OvvazKr.png

Checkpoint 2 List!

Wait, we're at the checkpoints?

Oh, okay.

E3cxq5p.png

Welcome to Ch.6

Spoiler

O28TaGq.png

THIEFS!

Let's hope i don't mistake their aggro again

fZ36zcM.png

Buy myself couple throwing weapons

AGhmmvf.png

get myself a new thief

ulQnXsY.png

and start advancing!

YChQUoh.png

Speedy Armor

UV4LKVf.png

So early O:

4mgCvah.png

Gordin stronk!

gfnz3J1.png

I keep advancing

QcKEiUp.png

Throne Squad looks like a bit of trouble

w1IYTXI.png

Get some Magic damn it

ktMlmp3.png

Muscles!

And he learns Rally STR 😮

tcT2GlR.png

Okay!

l0dbjzC.png

I keep taking out the thiefs to take my rightful treasures!

Annd....

PDZRhRs.png

I accidently reset the emulator lmao

Keyboard pls....

I will do it later today or tomorrow

You guys can advance if you want

Also posting to Serenes has been a pain

I decided to divide the chapters into parts to better manage the screenshots

ALPHA SAPPHIRE - GYM 3 PART 1

Spoiler

oytygqKm_o.png

Picking up where we left off last time, I already put the Old Rod to use and adds one more to our team, Dennis the Tentacool

4OhYtB2n_o.pngwJi7QxW0_o.pngJUC9FeaA_o.pnghXscQ2Qd_o.png

He doesn't have Liquid Ooze as ability, but Clear Body is still useful

T8IZlMJB_o.pngV03abFxz_o.png

We fight a trainer ahead in Route 106, and catch the next one, Theresa the Magikarp

M8sYoOOC_o.pngQvhXpY5o_o.pngja4pnirn_o.png

We got a Protein, TM Flash and Slappy the Makuhita!

rv2JH0Vt_o.pngWav6JCX8_o.pngedY9T54f_o.pngxvaGcGdF_o.png

This is another one that could be much better if it had Guts as an ability, but Thick Fat doesn't hurt

vYX14dOI_o.pngPxoF8O4S_o.png

In the depths of Granite Cave we find Steven, handing over the Letter

CMUmc14F_o.pnggeU5JC6E_o.png

We even got Steel Wing

2uoMf7F9_o.png

m74gsPxq_o.pngMtJrqxBf_o.png

Of course, always another favor

0MQvtfse_o.pngJQkz2wXo_o.pngeDt2rrVX_o.pngaXtRpl7Y_o.png

Carefully avoiding all trainers on the beach, we reach Slateport. We receive a Soothe Bell by showing a poke with high happiness and prepare to engage Team Aqua, who took over the museum...

iT4gU7YQ_o.pngK1ocynHi_o.pnglWVNNxYv_o.png

To be continued...

On 8/28/2023 at 7:45 AM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That one i remember gave me alot of trouble as a kiddie when i first played Gen 3

Wattson is harder in Emerald, but he's trivialized by a Marshtomp. Since I won't be able to use mine, I'll have to resort to some Lightning Rod strats...

On 8/28/2023 at 10:37 AM, Punished Dayni said:

All I say to that is hope I get lucky, Eevee is 5% and I've gotten that once already.

Buy a few repels from the store. Then make sure you have a level 19 as your primary pokemon, get to the garden and activate your repels while in the dark grass. Now walk around in the dark grass and if done properly you should have a close to 100% chance of everything being a Eevee.

Bronzong was more pain in the ass wall than busted, but sure.

Defending yourself well is an art, Dayni.

Jeez, Nincada would have had immunity.... or Shedinja to all but the Voltorb

Yes, but there was a high chance of a Zigzagoon there, so I preferred not to risk it.

Certainly if he can't use it well. And he could have Drizzle! I couldn't.

Oh, yeah, Pelipper has Drizzle now. Perhaps it will prove useful yet.

Wait he has a first name?

According to Bulbapedia, yes.

For all I know, my electric gym could be fatal

Bold of you to assume that you will get there in the first place. Remember, the run is over if I wipe to Wattson, and the chance of that happening is greater than zero.

it's shocking how low of a chance Geodude is in Granite Cave, but Lightning Rod Electrike would at least block Volt Switch (But then again how much damage would it be capable of?), Couple of other maybes on 110.....

I have a plan

https://i.imgur.com/tIV5HCe.gif

It's not Electrike tho

On 8/27/2023 at 2:08 AM, Punished Dayni said:

Multiplying the hit rates tells me it was a bit over 55% chance that both hit, but I could be completely wrong on it being True Hit.

My calculations puts it at the odds of both hitting at a bit below 41% without true hit, and is just barely above 49% with true hit included (I am ignoring the chain attack, as it never mattered in this case).

It is debatable, Ghost and Dark are almost identical offensively, so it feels more like only losing one weakness (only pokes with no other option would bother with both type moves), and those types tend not to be a major threat offensively, whereas Fairy were a major threat on the scene as soon as they arrived, so outside of the Psychic-Steel types, it didn't seem like as large of loss for the gain.

Especially if you go for the Level 4 clothes as well.

I doubt I will have the funds to get many of those tragically...

Yeah, her having amnesia too is mighty convenient. Maybe her having doubts that it's Alear at first could have been done because of their having been converted AoE style could have been expressed, but I'm not sure how to be going about that in the first half of the game.

They should have had a scene like the one Zephia has, where she seems like she might recognize Alear, before Alear says they are the divine dragon, to dispell the thought.

On 8/27/2023 at 8:34 PM, Newtype06 said:

NoN5kYYm_o.pngIYqad5UD_o.pngqNHaBfnQ_o.pngqNHaBfnQ_o.png

Maybe she wouldn't be so useless if Shrimpy was more careful

Oof. I guess that solves the question about what to do about Shedinja, and whether or not it counts as its own encounter...

OLM7P576_o.pngcOQPElxY_o.pngm8upVl47_o.pngl7Cm8jM7_o.png

Maybe she wouldn't be so garbage if Shrimpy was more careful

Don't kid yourself, the obligatory Whismur encounter is lucky to find use as a sack pokemon in most Nuzlockes.

Here we put into practice the Kaizo master tactic and Nelson sweeps the Gym, anticlimactically winning us the Badge

9bnXGlgw_o.pngpvpEFdys_o.pngqT2s0HMp_o.pngVieuSD6w_o.png

Classic Guts sweep from the Tailow

WRqpmuuI_o.png

Everything wrong with the remakes in a nutshell

Emerald really did make the gym leaders much more interesting, with more gen 3 focused pokemon to their teams, like Wattson for example going from all gen 1 pokemon to having the Electrike line, with Manetric as his new ace.

Imagine how I feel now that I'm facing Wattson without a good counter

Wattson is a tough gym leader if you don't have some kind of plan for him. Good Luck, that Magneton can be tough to deal with.

On 8/30/2023 at 4:05 AM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

AGhmmvf.png

get myself a new thief

At least you got another thief before you needed that valuable utility again.

And he learns Rally STR 😮

Now that is a nice skill to get.

PDZRhRs.png

I accidently reset the emulator lmao

Keyboard pls....

I will do it later today or tomorrow

...Oops. Hopefully you didn't lose too much progress.

16 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Eh, that is a really minor thing, especially after a pair of quite excellent water type encounters.

This is another one that could be much better if it had Guts as an ability, but Thick Fat doesn't hurt

Although this ability is much more significant to the pokemon...although from a linked perspective it might not be that bad, as it is changing a high risk, high reward offensive ability, for a defensive one.

I am almost suprised you didn't go for the bottom floor encounters, but odd as this sounds, this is another case of me being far too used to Emerald, where Saybeleye is a far better encounter (it is literally immune to Brawley, and having two Dark types at all makes Tate and Lisa into a MUCH easier fight...)

Since I won't be able to use mine, I'll have to resort to some Lightning Rod strats...

Intriguing, which Lightning rod pokemon do you even ha-

Oh, ooohhh, heh, interesting. I guess it will be funny to see that special pokemon take center stage 😛

17 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Yes, but there was a high chance of a Zigzagoon there, so I preferred not to risk it.

Unless you were planning on personally banning your use of Gyrados (in which case you should have repeled through there and kill your Petalburg City old rod encounter instead), that was probably the safest option to go with.

Alright, time for an update that pushes nothing forward, as it is just the first two paralogues, and which ended up annoying me with my bad luck

Spoiler

Lets start with

AIL4fc9uhKrNFO1ozDsik7sDrZGIgILxvbsZ_xB1

This nice little defensive, and accuracy levelup for the Bouchey Boy from the arena, but now onto the Anna paralogue

AIL4fc82YMLAuQPgbOJFdP7rYhJ0qF4AmSuYuhAa

Adding insult to this injury, the "thief" isn't even a thief...

AIL4fc_3O4bJDG8MQYjMUr8i4LBbAtIh7r3RgPer

Seems there is no honor among thieves.

AIL4fc-yGVnEWm8jQWvJ6Rl-54xnf2tIL6Enygc3

She really had to jinx it like that didn't she.

AIL4fc_DUteeUjxDaoywlCjFQ1UbaaAonNIp6rJm

Now one important bit of preps before I start the map, I give Etie the Micaiah ring so that

AIL4fc-dw8QIYpho9I1Mpw8hzPQt9PzLVs6ilSXwAIL4fc9zV_OHPbyyTSYHscar17vTDqW4iLfJgaAo

I have access to healing on both fronts, and for similar reasons I make sure to split up my mages, and have armor effective weapons on both sides.

AIL4fc9p9Go7lFyd_xSE11E1cj1wH8kkQDdpSHbP

In the East, Boucheron and Louis manage to kill the nearest swordie,

AIL4fc8ycF4DFn8N3zGvSxQwfI5WcK-CYN7vYPmR

With the invincible Louis cantering as far ahead as he can after the kill

AIL4fc_U3hkmPzOGBXkrsVqM6uvFUdnPmghnBOdV

While in the West side, I open with a very aggresive enemy phase strat.

AIL4fc-sBUjACh_Udl9961fzVvrytvQbp2ckQYI6AIL4fc_BRD6IFby-uMPSujQDfOnsb9KugYyukUT-

Which goes very well for us.

AIL4fc9RHoZhT6RDTGYZ--qqD1X6MNwizFgcQm3W

And I will gladly take a defense and resistance levelup for TeeHee.

AIL4fc8r3yVYnSI7wCc1lQeS6VPODS2MeR9dcOGdAIL4fc-orZ7j782DeENmuDv6Q8hagKhS1tN8wY6s

And on both fronts we still have one more axe to deal with after that enemy phase action

AIL4fc_B7iP-8e6TCpq0gveDkzoMAWipKrEVOTBh

And that lets me get some nice Override damage on the eastern thief, while setting up some nice enemy phase chip for Louis

AIL4fc-N9ZkOgzGmlJYFEhK3N8MWHb3ExY_QXxpg

And I don't end up taking this hit here, but I do have her wait there to get this hit on enemy phase.

AIL4fc8SS6A4mR6dPV1yUju-atRI7CzujDQmNBI2

There is less action in the west, but I do make the decision to bait in one of the enemy axes ahead with Alfred (the positioning is such that while both can reach, there is only room for one to attack).

AIL4fc9g3oLhTYmi-YuhL9dNfaLzCQk3BGVnrqWn

And with TeeHee alread commited to drawing this Swordie in as well, I will be in an uncomfortably enemy rich enviroment on this front

AIL4fc_4rX2OsZGg5Aa8FQFdlkYaIbrQA8Arxb73

But with Alfred lucking his way into a dodge makes things a little easier

AIL4fc-PDIQnDW7FytDJih6QwAIiCbvcRUE96C6OAIL4fc_QI6XbiDIIhBvL4RjvtbtnYsttJoSKTWL1

But after these two easy kills on this side

AIL4fc9l4_LVRU2Qlz2iAu5UCiWIStH5zvNfouQN

I end up forgoing this last kill to avoid the 1% crit chance.

AIL4fc_R75HQP1sDq8VaPi3Uw9aF59KMlm46Ok1Y

On the other side, Louis gets his thief,

AIL4fc8tyNDN9KwIm8e5w_nVvYX5g0PPfrt0I8r-

And Bouchey Boy makes my life much easier (and saves me a use of Warp Ragnarok) by landing this handaxe hit here.

AIL4fc8ccvQYxXmT-PjKjzEhNWS2yCpb-GPoG-VN

I again play things safe with Etie by having her Vuln up to deal with the thunder on enemy phase, instead of risking the miss-death on player phase.

AIL4fc-UeLoMrtfYuoySdhyVji6FuIYcUgubdfAC

I then try to bait the enemy armor into an enemy phase death,

AIL4fc_9VCjGViiwwbbOl3g33V27un2sn_juawCX

But it defys my expectation by going for the safer, but lower damage hit on Boucheron.

AIL4fc_LSLcsmSOQc0Q7ODlaVDluMdGJF6SH_0ai

The western thief does grab this loot as well, which I will try to secure, but is a survivable loss.

AIL4fc-72a-z4mKq5l-jTVND03GbJ5NwYuw9BmrI

Louis should be able to deal with it, but you never know. Speaking of which, I have Louis canter back to block access to the last chest, just in case.

AIL4fc-65eAc51KJWdOUW-NfQw5N51DRxhj1IuSD

It is beautiful when TeeHee's personal lets me get my choice of kill like this.

AIL4fc_P1MiR_YNBx2yNVIeRA5C3wYxOHg3GS8Uy

My Bouchey boy again making my life easy with the sketchy accuracy kill here, so Celine can grab the armor kill safely, and

AIL4fc8NYJecpW6jUO2qWy383NqonecmVFLoe4W4

That frees up Etie to heal him up.

Onto the next turn

AIL4fc_RRxibvd8EZOLbWeiI8DioMpF3-0QXy-OR

TeeHee secures the stolen tonic for us.

AIL4fc_iR4nAJkzdllK_Dg8bWQHae-c8iR3lR5fh

I then have Louis take down this enemy healer with ease

AIL4fc_d1YdxPzh_Yfbf7E4lnrqRhLSaeZHaODxs

And Framme gets this nice little levelup from healing.

Although otherwise, we are having our troops converge on this center treadure room, so moving onto next turn

AIL4fc9ppNsMy99DyUF03RuWoqsJsY9BENaHeJPC

I grab the first Master Seal, while casually ignoring the Armored knight chasing Louis.

AIL4fc-kejf9bc6JucEvuxMOGVZeSr9GSQumON-r

I even let it choose its own death on enemy phase

AIL4fc-2MktqeMYDFMF7j_qgJMpXqo6fqWlwox9s

And it chose Bouchey's hammer.

AIL4fc_EfxllMxznK3ldcHfcUncKBD49o-wLiUtm

Now for the last loot from the chest, a little bourgeois brat.

AIL4fc-iWlHmqACFnCI4N80IppY3qLfcwSHn37iy

This bit of dialogue feels a little silly with how we have already basically rescued her

AIL4fc_MVumk5dCES1FEnF7ik5rMDGtGZ2wQr-_o

while this one feels silly due to how immediately it followed the reveal of green Anna dialogue.

AIL4fc_Zz2NSV5MmQMFwNKHO8GxmTbhwxy_zMj-h

I sure hope so. I haven't heard the best of things from her (unless you reclass her), but we will see.

AIL4fc844qHdwry30wk3yfFU6gxp78ce3mEOGe_N

I then give Framme the one point of healing needed for chain guard, which conveniently also gives Etie a level

AIL4fc-5gLrxD2OlfVOMTkG-2ZFBPHScbd3QkD4B

...and another tragically terrible levelup on Etie, really justifying my plans to use Alcryst this time around.

AIL4fc_qfpnphcc59pdXpqo12UbpSFpDbTX2Bdeo

So I chain guard TeeHee for safety, but

AIL4fc-O3P391jpjFqnbzUycxjjqw38e32vjAVzP

They save the most dangerous attack on TeeHee for last, after the chain guard block...sorry about leaving that risk in there.

AIL4fc8nBbGhuJd1DaVHPcdqf3wEd_RXTjVUzCn7

On the next turn I can go for Anna's first

AIL4fc-FdF9K4vMeNG-mG1kAppc7DwBALVaxSUIO

Embarassing miss of the run, so TeeHee has to clean up instead. After this, I take a bit of time positioning, healing up

AIL4fc-pJ61Td6CoaRhbCmxNNtm3ZFIiCS_bh6LN

And refilling Louis's Engage guage as we go. It takes a few turns, but

AIL4fc_rZe3JyEdEslDwGzR1hNXUX0yXWupgqd2f

Eventually we prepare to bait in the side axes

AIL4fc8qvoN6d1jb0h8VJ_elMODJGq5b6_Ct5eP7

And TeeHee gets another sweet levelup from that enemy phase kill

AIL4fc-0BuLXTGrtHeCIICo62KwL0Bzno8xQsx8j

Anna also finally gets her first kill

AIL4fc8InDDP-njGQ3lIPtKTP4q1rIVAPQzpG8Eg

I am a little irritated by her getting all these strength levelups, instead of Magic ones (I was planning on giving her tome access to promote into a staff-magic class...and might still anyway), but I can't complain too much about the solid levelups she is getting overall.

AIL4fc8byKc7BLVS8QwWH_HJ7ctdmhH_i2sZPKG0

And I am playing things safe here, and waiting for next turn to finish this map off.

AIL4fc-JV7H5URQ93FQNb5nMYDSUTdiV6eSWvsij

You fool, I already have all the treasure.

AIL4fc9sk4ynuPJIl1SehH3PxxvPs-IXbzzw1Dib

And Louis gets this levelup from the free override chip

AIL4fc-7pkek-WHiWmVWKysJX0aJwl7FAzUOhvUi

And then Boucheron manages to dodge and miss, making this a wait with animations.

AIL4fc_4eQqcMBGZDrJSIpL__4yz9RALV-r5YC5X

But the chain attack is enough to let Alfred finish off Mitan's first health bar.

AIL4fc8DWobNo8KGVo-62yBd-irtkVIxHXpl1JkL

And then I get some free Ragnarok chip

AIL4fc9V1QE4P2-KnaBI5mBaWg1t6HpOzpkfYtOe

...I was so very, very tempted to give Anna this little trial by fire. Honestly, if this wasn't a linked ironman, I would have gone for it. Instead I let TeeHee finish it with his super for a much safer kill.

AIL4fc9P4a4J3rV_l5LkS9LoqTa8Hi-CCYPZZ0WC

..."Local authorities".

AIL4fc9VupEqeJe_5WXNk4Z4e9-7CsqLyb3cpYVC

Sadly enough I do Anna. Welcome to the team small child

AIL4fc_4C8qsF2Ih3dt11LFl3lx027Wicvjj3UId

I hope so, but you are worryingly low level, and I have heard you really want to reclass her to a magic class ASAP, but I haven't unlocked any Second Seals yet, so that will have to wait.

AIL4fc_qseIWn5oUaXhWA89Ag2rnL5NxQHHHwAut

This does have an odd feel to it, with her insisting on such a formal way of addressing her.

Back at the Somniel

AIL4fc-6Ux4P2G2Cs9IJCznVIBVDmObJyOK-Qdt-

I let Anna keep her adorable little Christmas sweater, with some glasses for now.

AIL4fc_5jRlNlkx-jvSAn1rIvcJGC_sM708xtuw_AIL4fc8CZe2a-wPOJ4LKsQvHxOFR25MkTCLxFkCk

The arena also gets us this pair of OK-ish levelups.

I do end up waiting on using the Master Seal, until after the other paralogue, as I figured it might give me a chance to get Anna some experience.

AIL4fc-10Iey2YOU82c3k1WPs1cUIHUHeHvWfu7d

And the other paralogue is a generic corrupted attack with doctors around.

AIL4fc-DWiWA9qPywxqh9iSoo8oyoYtWXSEH0W0R

In retrospect, I should have given this to Anna so she could get healing exp, as I am not far enough into the game to really make that extra staff range useful, but oh well.

AIL4fc_P2dMcMC4PSUHDFwmpkWTrqMbYrQsAXdgk

And this is the crew I am sending in, just leaving Etie, and Clanne behind

AIL4fc--djhvdozRw2h8TGV0Ugtq3hbLuK9cBmzAAIL4fc-Y93GRD7v1wjybcw2SEcPbrj8RYiiqngKC

And I open by setting up this kill for little Anna.

AIL4fc8zH6JfxlP8olZ5kO-JAKNTEhOAQh7bCSNG

And I have Celine immediately visit this village, which is in range of the a nasty Axe enemy

AIL4fc_Ub7tmgczSSbRNVmTR7eJNoKT9sbqJ2XAE

So I make sure Framme covers her with a Chain Guard (admittedly she lives it even if I didn't).

AIL4fc8oP0TUpuqtBaOciSN02QLCgQ-4OTCCPDKB

...3% of crit death is a bit spicy, but she does live it.

AIL4fc_rxu_CP7HxcpdWT6ex8zL8qcay3V_DZ15D

Meanwhile Celine gets this easy enemy phase kill with the help of that chain guard.

AIL4fc_Jpfw2xJSX1hrJcnRzCkBwJNf1x2hHcwrZ

Anna can then safely get this easy kill from range, and I let Boucheron get the kill on the little crit archer

AIL4fc8TdP32YQ7o9Q-f8Ew9SD110Diw-s5vsVSP

I do also decide to send Louis off to pop all the northern cavs with the SIgurd engage.

AIL4fc8bGpZlHPX7PoxQzFssGtiHjPdcuO2FUtHR

Admittedly having TeeHee draw something in was a bit of a mistake

AIL4fc-5onlOeQ_ditUm853NvUQ1EmmSmSRzKUme

As they easily one shot.

AIL4fc8uKPcYdk8JT6i2lp3FAemhlUoI54CAiij2

Oh well, Alfred should be able to chip it for An-

AIL4fc9haZ6AYf1bve5Br7eIlhNj6xHmohK8HnTs

...sigh.

AIL4fc8pgRwlQZUllFjyD_2vU20Dl9IFEDma_PsD

Eh, he should kill it, and I am not going to worry about the...calculating...roughly 1 in 4750 chance of death.

AIL4fc_LWhWWfaddy22zu3bxVb6Cwy4E3P4DVXAr

I should probably buy an extra handaxe, as now I have to trade this one over.

AIL4fc8ez47uovj8isNHQB_j3BKdshH6-m_YRsoS

So he can get a little chip in on enemy phase, and with that chip Anna should be able to

AIL4fc8e6qwrBT55SQyiUOX6OQzgeYYt5B8xOead

...miss the kill.

AIL4fc_cw45R02MJyhhdUIbvESIATuObSUKKkxNx

Oh well, let's have TeeHee pop the mage

AIL4fc8LveRjEPqcM2hhaHc_VUllwauSAVq7eMPs

Well let's make that pop two mages, with Celine this time

AIL4fc9eo6nvSlmao-BaJxZOPyYK1AdFpWJBsN2W

And Louis can miss the kill here on the flier, but it is the thing most likely to lead to a green unit death, which I think reduces my loot.

AIL4fc8Snu6qJwRvL0P-7WpRtGcZn37BABFN_tbN

And that should let me box off the archer, so Anna can

AIL4fc_K3acN2ekZLsEmYNX1--faWXfg2L82Yf8g

MISS AGAIN....for the love of Lumera you little brat, I have trapped this little thing like a fish in a barrel...

AIL4fc-BI1C6X5ZbE5g0BC-U1UzfUdv6MVC895A5

Oh well,  guess Celine can get the kill on the Peg

AIL4fc9w3KBya2sshUS_l3EMVe7d0Q9XTOYqYnRK

For this solid little levelup on Celine.

AIL4fc9x78ok8etgv3Z8DrcrGF0zM-uw_odD_2ed

Lets try this again

AIL4fc-2QFuHlTAlojmE6iRK0Q2EcwnH1crDOmvT

FINALLY.

AIL4fc8lTlqp3NSFLcw_Tk2JBuRqljTADDu7MKZ5

...Eh, just barely good enough, but you are on some thin ice with all those misses Lady.

AIL4fc-UCemEq9nGlzN5RTgCKay3pXfhSjp_KG55

Who to use this on...

AIL4fc9j8OTzIpK7nSBuEVWJ2pdytuS36dfnIufH

Celine pops this one while I am here.

AIL4fc-srs45oDx_jwUmA9Z0AVGHlpdDouAUCS0I

Although the plan for Louis here is to draw the boss here south to feed the kill to... hopefully Anna, but the way she keeps missing, you never know.

AIL4fc-jWGmrKnXidjoVR-ddxbAQbq_v1MRg6vvv

Eh, it goes for the free break, but its fine, my healer is protected.

AIL4fc-E3zUzGUNiGa3FdR0b0gdyCeXNbxHBQsY1

Jeez, the power of coverts in terrain on full display here.

AIL4fc-59VpVvZ3XDjxB59zc4h4-ljtaRXgz161D

Alright, Bouchey helps to feed this kill to Anna

AIL4fc9aZjrFnJa01A0HcpNZ8tamvXzJpJwBdEfJ

And Framme just managed to reach promotion level, and another great little levelup at that.

AIL4fc-UuKFPSzoliqt1v3uYyGlh11dLtINd702G

In a lot of ways, this was really reckless

AIL4fc-LN5DfaGe-m8YaprcP3i99350-a5Iwadf6

As that is a dangerously large crit rate, but I was never punished. I was just so irritated by her repeated misses that I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have, speaking of which

AIL4fc98soZhFIowH1jQm2BOeWfBx2yN8eQo_lIj

She missed right there AGAIN, so I have to get the kill on player phase. This is what I get for coddling her, and not giving her that trial by fire in that first chapter.

AIL4fc-CBkHV6gvT1HktDmlTmaJ2SUMHnOllTLxc

...Fuck you game.

AIL4fc_FccmYTKuWH9AyGAu9kmkTWLClSA16r5x1

We put the fear of gods into them 😛

AIL4fc-u9itRZerSwj2TJJEA5IGa___yEbUTpubQ

Such a simple summary of the whole game right here.

AIL4fc80xOR-l27p3Z6yZPyvyz3mNG9UX8Bz-l2-

Sorry kid, but you are already on the dead list, but I will take that free staff you come with.

AIL4fc-_blkJYScXwkmTKYIcBIPkgSBFGs8mi2G-

Eh, permabenched isn't the greatest of burdens to deal with, but its not like he will be any help.

AIL4fc9h6oR6eokQgg0jro_U-c31pS2d4xu_g-Q5

LOL, nope, its all natural 😛

AIL4fc8qfkOUYkHYHWJuniE4UdZCPZpfzQREHByX

Anna, the way you were hitting it was more like one kill for the price of two.

AIL4fc_TQM2i39j_Dn6FkQSgCD7hITL_n9el_x19

This is a cute touch, as it is refenced by Celine's supports, as Chloe helped sneak her over here in disguise. I might highlight some of these after battles convos at times, as I learned in my last ironman, it is possible for some of the characters to mourn the death of their friends in these scenes, plus some fun little references like this at times.

Sorry this took so long, I probably should have gotten this up and posted earlier...and be more careful in the future.

I do the chapter again fast

TXzz1On.png
GRPgjqc.png

This wasn't in OG Fates was it?

swEaUVP.png

Seizing without any Casualities!

nDhQkJU.png

Title.drop

Sorry for being a bit late. Not only has Serenes been slow lately, but with how sucky embed'ing has been i didn't bother creating a full log.

Inm2l9T.png

Current list

10 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hopefully you didn't lose too much progress.

it was a bit annoying and pushed everything a bit back

10 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Sorry this took so long, I probably should have gotten this up and posted earlier...and be more careful in the future.

No Problem, and all well that ends well 😉

21 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

GRPgjqc.png

Nope, unless it was DLC or something.

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

nDhQkJU.png

Title.drop

Just out of curiosity, does it still give Marth thief powers?

Alright, time for Chapter 7, and the first enemy Emblem.

Spoiler

AIL4fc9mYkT_JkC8nPNjDlAOBxpxv-fBjeaq3D-W

I start by using the arena to prepare for future events, although I ultimately decide to promote someone else first

AIL4fc9Pnu82sZcXvPmWJldxLAKpLa9v35BHRCVG

I also do my first skill inheritance here, and I am a very basic bitch with regard to skills. Expect me to get Canter onto everyone I can, Dual Assist + onto all my backup units, Pair Up on my Armored and Thief units, and reposition on my cavalry and fliers.

AIL4fc82AA_5yCnQSWUIa-wH7H1n7nde9ZPvVylL

I do also use most of my Arena unses getting TeeHee this solid level, so they don't lose as much experience points when I

AIL4fc88ch1-xseaKUX9pTlt_mX1xBYK7zYxXfOF

Promote them. It just made the most sense on an ironman like this.

AIL4fc96Fbb0dFml3cEOYx-TNFs-LI0SgZcP4TXQ

Back with the story, we almost get shot.

AIL4fc_CkAi8MzIxFsRqf64JPmfelKNCToHg5ty3

As the Brodians are giving us as warm a welcome as the US police force.

AIL4fc9_gDMszpObPQkAGrdCqQtHMQDWjbJfZ31l

Until they find out we are important, at which point

AIL4fc9Q0XTJrQeCgVn10oRCXN5PhK2DoQIBCrX9AIL4fc-6roHIdCIF_vowRnfDCMcJkNeU2V16q5ZQ

We see the most ridiculous apology in existence.

AIL4fc9lKCq_Q3S4kjXdyc2-IjK0-qkDXRrLN1rT

TeeHee, you were almost filled with holes...

AIL4fc-ONnTxB-Sem3r-Ni_NrKMTrLIfp_6u3AD2

That is a far more reasonable response.

AIL4fc9zPJi6BnSIPA-pF3ocWsz4EeJjQbd1jg9-

Terrible choice considering, but to be fair

AIL4fc85A6_2RUDjB4uZpCExX5bQM3UWB4R9Q_Xc

They have had to defend themselves from the same troubles we have been facing on the way up here, so I can understand the caution a little.

AIL4fc98N7_wJJ6eWIzYyh9c3I49E7xiVpUNgnsn

It is odd how trusting we are of information the enemy gave us so willingly.

AIL4fc9UwZEpgnKb6u5IXNV6I_FZfEYNbJQZKFu-

On the one hand, hearing voices is generally considered a bad thing, but I guess its a bit more accepted around magical rings.

AIL4fc-r-1LvDuRd8q8WCN5xY7HkRIXyGd0tpJZF

Alcryst has some deep imposter syndrome going on, so expect him to unfairly put himself down to the point that it gets a bit annoying.

AIL4fc9wiDEVChkZb2mYez69LIEBTLQYr985m_F5

And now we meet one of my least favorite playable characters. Not that I don't like her design, and sense of fashion, but the first support she has with TeeHee was enough to convince me never to field her again. Cuteness is not a replacement for a personality, and the annoying brat we see here is what is under that candy finish. Hopefully we don't have enough deaths that I have to end up using her.

AIL4fc9zNrWuZ5MpLQmcM49VJMJmxZbW4sqI7dU_

I must admit, I also find heterochromia fascinating.

AIL4fc8G7mRDHqBvx9mdurC967qXGmUCEdTc5Rg6

But at least in this, she has a bit of a point

AIL4fc8ObutY1N8CNDCw95nX3WMNi3c5XU1IZ7na

As Brodia has definitely earned Elusia's animosity with these invasions of theirs. Alas this feels like another one of those plot points where the Engage writers again walked back from a far more interesting idea so as not to portray our characters as having any darkness in them, as they don't go far enough in showing us how villainous the Brodians really were to the Elusians, as we don't get much more than passing comments like this.

AIL4fc8CHo3siFTHI9UvJ203AwJ1fl9wGqKOVodP

Did she really just think she was given all these troops, so she could ask nicely for those rings?

AIL4fc9nAosrO1mMQDkTcwJQKoQaHagc18q8Sba1

Loose lips sink ships...yeah this slip up is dumb, but this annoying brat is very clearly still a child.

AIL4fc9h_YrwxcB7_V0HL2NeOK41lPZJPbAatG-P

I mean look at how willing she is to admit that this is all to please her father...

AIL4fc_fiBoE0vXtXPkTSJLtKtxc3479lD9pWtub

Here comes my deployment, and it is fitting that all of my "living" units fit my deployment exactly.

AIL4fc_CR9BOeT3-_22w4GsuPK86Sx8WZeAMZhlOAIL4fc-Qucu6_B_YQJgoEzV59Uk7D-tGpA0qj8nW

It is strange to be getting such basic tutorialization as don't expose your mages and archers, as late as this into the game.

AIL4fc9bY6r81wR-cTPojBQgSffS7ah3_XprLaOt

Onto the map, one of the first things I do  is pass that Longbow off to Alcryst, while simultaneously

AIL4fc8lUb4iJxKf0G-H3w8Q8y3EcPZcRS5wyeUJ

getting some useful chip on this terrain sitting jerk.

AIL4fc-LGZzpqc96sHqb597cO8TlIO5-KCIPHKb5

That doesn't hinder Mystic units though, but I save my magic for the armored one

AIL4fc8auI1K8eE6HyDwx3xOqnwytMTBFjmuvxIv

Alcryst gets his first kill on a flyer as well, but unfortunately he did need the less accurate steel bow for the damage.

AIL4fc-8befYdvZrgW4l7KsRTw_ozD_WyuH807Np

Louis manages to get the kill on the ranged one at least.

AIL4fc9iIi0bn4v3oyhf3GVE_sE4LcqQuhQUBTkV

Alfred also gets in just enough chip that I can try for this kill

AIL4fc8yxiKXx4MfhrpqNJ4aVr-lHA3Q3HLVnAXi

With Anna after Engageing with Micaiah, which I gave her so I can grab some exp on the girl using healing

AIL4fc8a9b4J20FuqrVFAtGhZ1bjaG8EG62IkrOx

As Anna has proven to be the mistress of misses.

AIL4fc-VCQpW17o5z6qlSuqLZDum6YOnX4fOxzmU

And yet that 1 exp was exactly enough to get her another OK level.

AIL4fc9S9cNNVZIR02CjW-uSw9hxwemCEgxKoIJa

Alright, time to stop fighting with one hand tied behind my back in an attempt to feed Anna exp.

AIL4fc8mJuLKPNd8dXKCiZB7RJ_17ygC7DNcn-Ag

I do also trade equip Javelins onto the two at the edge of enemy range to ensure some chip

AIL4fc9cCvN7Fhf89ygBgp-v-Vx85ZyW793rn2Gs

But now the game reveals to us that enemies will be using emblems again too, but with the least offensively threatening ones (bond shield, and learning Dual Assist + are her main uses).

AIL4fc8U4W2Tmv2NgQy9yvAHnPR4xEp4x4wqe8ZO

I do love the way she is pointing that out, that this super power isn't just for you.

AIL4fc9CNeblOIctuGCv7pzNiJVW1ZbE2ySSY2ne

And they do make it far clearer to those not paying enough attention, that it was Elusia that invaded, and stole the rings of Lythos.

AIL4fc9_8D8XD3GMKGJrJQh3dk2SxS9WibCeqVzm

I open by next turn with Boucheron killing the chipped one

AIL4fc8KLMR6AFS-2C7S1AwCt6orx71Jm4M_son7

And then I use two of my mages to successfully feed a kill to Anna this time, while she has some Engage magic in her.

AIL4fc-Y5vhBG72Q28PdzN82KWT38_3E-XY3d57c

🙄

AIL4fc8UFs-rEu_PdCKEDJWUpANjCn38AsxqLaMz

In the southern section, I have TeeHee pop one of the mages, and canter back a space to

AIL4fc-HkCRlmAviaMlOkF6ARRWWJCcQLbFvvmbI

Use their personal to give Alcryst perfect damage on the other one.

AIL4fc9SXnePmq88Wfs8wdkYBw1Fje6u7aYfJc0T

Although I couldn't get close enough for any enemy phase action this turn.

AIL4fc9uBxQLitiv5uCII9UZK-TODqOVIn1booeP

And I let TeeHee open the next turn with an easy kill, and canter a space forward

AIL4fc-ksZchceElw9gQ8VAyse7FTVcGXN9Xt2UB

For another beautiful instance of perfect damage, but in retrospect, I probably should have just gone for the more accurate Steel Bow kill instead. Admittedly, I wasn't punished for this, and could have tried for the Steel Bow kill with Etie if I missed, so it isn't really that big of deal.

AIL4fc_KisUbW0BxO891xALQfHNq4LnQTFWD1RIB

On the other side, I open with a hard Louis chip on the other Cav, and canter ahead in preperation for next enemy phase, but more locally, next

AIL4fc8SSaU_JQFFEiP54bRxmdO6T8it6ReaBSq1

I have Anna use her last turn of Engage for the big exp boost of a Great Sacrifice, and I do this now, so that

AIL4fc8NwATtpxQ9LQd9T8vqM1QlznLvJAC6IcJu

When Framme heals her up, she can help trade chain my only hand axe over so that Bouchey Boy can th-

AIL4fc8lScJ9ofn-Ig3wi7553vzuTU2mb-rsBNzA

..oops, looks like I miscounted by one.

AIL4fc9JoyaI2CXegKzDh_OcJUySyVGnV4NcVWXm

I can still easily get the kill, but that does mean I only have my mages left to deal with the Pegasus in the north

AIL4fc8mC3BczpGTWgpjj0wfPgPVwP4heANCGN2v

So I have to pull out a Warp Ragnarok for the kill.

AIL4fc_Fh1JGbraOBQkvu7hPMCmFpgBHfdhA2yEe

What a beautiful crit on enemy phase there

AIL4fc_YfR-eA4MOnAF_8xK9LdZYfZf8BhTh5wA7

but with those cavs coming in behind the armors, I decide to let them come at me for another turn

AIL4fc8eL4ve0SWxWph3h5xR1BMlhSfSWBXkwEmr

And give one of those armors an easy enemy phase death with TeeHee

AIL4fc-GQQTYZXY7k2T1wmQTbVv0Ei5AoU_roi7j

Onto player phase, I open by wiping out the other armor with magic

AIL4fc8hUXjXQTjbaaD-oEP0elXAI30IdCgfDRcf

Then I use the weight of the Armorslayer to merely chip this first cav, so I can

AIL4fc9kTBI3YyrFZoMXZY2StaevncIUnEph72tV

feed the kill to Alcryst instead.

AIL4fc98bVzprcLYIM_kE1jciKm7O7dEcugAFrGi

I am way more proud than I should be about legitimately using a smash weapon, for its smash effect here, because

AIL4fc-9EKYyWnSJLGU7cprW7byzcTd46nAk0jDr

it pushed this cav just into range of a Riderbane kill from Alfred.

AIL4fc-_pL2pFV6l_LEl9D4M7TOm0SjFibJ2_o5TAIL4fc_30JdC7juNFCjo4GzU8RZUVSBDaqcHQUqP

I finish off the last healer enemy here with my Bouchey Boy, as apology for the missed kill before, and now all that is left is boss's posse. I spend a few turn preparing, by healing up

AIL4fc9jILPBrdpEsQXSu1TiiWe0v_tDVP0oAobo

And Anna gets an underwhelming healing level while doing so

AIL4fc_26MNdUFGRct3HmaPSGzEYqwJ67i19u2mSAIL4fc8I7MOE29Uu25ZKhJaePl34IcEjSZiVjEXY

And I refill my two Engage gauges before making my stand

AIL4fc8WJypOVYvIJ-3xKArVajIF_0DqeZrIG-_H

And I pre-Engage TeeHee as they draw in the boss on some terrain, while Louis baits in Rosado personally. Now this position is not without risk,

AIL4fc9n-zY405QAQZsNw8zU0JIuucptIzY6tD73

Not for TeeHee though, as they can wipe out the generic that can reach, and Lucina's super is hilariously weak

AIL4fc_zob6rriTkTisP3X9Lc139tRdWV-Ixr5hw

Its if Rosado has the luck they wish on me

AIL4fc9ieOxBoCP3oZCRN5d4qBiCCD8k3905vf0R

As there is about a 1 in 200 chance of a double crit death here. I had some unconformable flash backs to last linked ironman, with Benny's 1 in 400 double crit death there, but fortunately Anna has sucked all my bad luck into her hilarious mastery of missing.

AIL4fc9MZWZI-22Saw5hA9In4rMfOyVcHEiLQuAV

AIL4fc_HgGYUY88rnitI5if6tD0yHu0cEo4WRjGA

Dink

AIL4fc9BXKI38oYLo6tgPcSCDEir9frt13qxubHM

I open the final turn by using TeeHee's super to drain all the exp I can out of Goldmary

AIL4fc-sWd6VuL3eCYGREd3mymaP6170YyYodvzB

...I missed this boss quote on previous runs, and never bothered to use Goldmary before, so discovering her random crush on the MC is a bit of a shock. Perhaps she isn't as thirsty for fem Alear, hence why I never noticed before.

AIL4fc_yb8tOJsQft0dYcqGsvUDQQtfAhlk3GerJ

At least TeeHee got a respectable levelup from the Mercurius kill there.

AIL4fc9UDLaN2mPveFDa2BcnKqnl97QMIo-ia2rB

Next I cripple Rosado with some Warp Ragnarok

AIL4fc889Ds0OK-D8EP7KrEoZsPmqUef5SprSFLK

And have Boucheron both try for the kill, and setup for chain attacks on all remaining enemies

AIL4fc_EIjWUONH0ajWIr0VxC7thNO0epqNcMkpU

And he even landed that kill for himself (instead of the assist).

AIL4fc-guFdG5_QFxFyzodQBxDQfVhprcgO6jPIl

For a level...shrug.

AIL4fc-4yeUPay8lWc1lJ-30-tseiN8HIhGKf__i

Now to start chipping at the boss, and while the chain attack gets its chip, Etie herself missed

AIL4fc_MoUMZmp2g31ExJEuLN0nqoLDrTcYiR3y0

But that is enough chip for Alcryst to break the revival bead.

AIL4fc-PfkmXHi9s5opZpwPaysE4lXzXTWotWEs9

And after Alfred gets his round of range chip in. With her so close to death, it is time to eek out the last bit of exp from this map

AIL4fc-Mt4iEHODiMV3HB5D38a7JXaCliImk0uKlAIL4fc8b9pkIJI024ODgMb2KIzUO3R_yjEpJ90uU

By setting up this funny kill for Framme

AIL4fc-UFrngFINkJ-4oIRRmTBX1GVpiOGHpIeKT

And one last use of Great Sacrifice for some more Anna Exp

AIL4fc9CJS5xNha-P2iERNU1pUL2Q-iG1UcxET1T

Before finishing things with a perfectly accurate override kill.

AIL4fc_7o9TchLY4-e-5Ftx3CdyGPCujrshHgfSd

It really wasn't fair due to her choice of ring, imagine if she didn't cripple herself by switching to a 1 range sword to use her weak "super", and instead kept her 1-2 range magic equipped so I couldn't get all that free 2 range chip...

AIL4fc8h3PC3YlLY9Q1DxiVnD0z19J2UpjmVNubN

Alas we don't get her ring yet, and she escapes to disappoint her father another day.

AIL4fc9VAPwfRHGlpaD15IEwYveVj5risd6ayZZX

Its funny how the "MVP" tend to be units I am babying a little.

AIL4fc_pDZaViaiGvDl4uCqD2zAMMZ-anAyQUOeB

The damage to that bridge is rather reminiscent of Mekkah's bridge...I am almost surprised they didn't bring that gimmick back.

AIL4fc-k-jBxIq3-Lv16Ay0daqXyzWHG96m4t7jO

We end things off talking about ring, but Alfred does a good job putting things into an important perspective, as this whole little thing would end if TeeHee fell.

AIL4fc8xrFf6WhJz8C0d60CWF-VESV-NttwmevH8

It is interesting to think about how that is half of the rings that will be around for this arc, with two of them trapped in Solm for the latter half of the game, but unfortunately we never get an equal emblem fight (unless you count Lumera's tutorial) like we do in the latter half.

AIL4fc83WvJ_X3ULdthfkQdYS-dEQ0I9BqsOB3Z1

It does seem like an odd choice for Elusia to be given, but tragically the kingdoms weren't really given what I feel are the most thematically appropriate rings, other than perhaps Firene being given Celica, and Solm given Corrin. I think better fits thematically would be Ike for Brodia; Micaiah for Elusia; Celica and Roy for Firene; and Lyn and Corrin for Solm, assuming the same rings are given out.

But I digress, lets finish off the last little bit of exploration and story

AIL4fc-GqYUEJy3R6YYLHhzAZfupbzH6lqpSbIFD

And once again, I am denied animals to "adopt", and worse yet

AIL4fc-lNp7HpJS3vN6TTpCVDDOVQPn27EhEmPLt

One of those I am denied is the America bird.

AIL4fc_t3TEuOjMkiVCAMzTn83Aci0SwE8Kj0O_C

Finally the game reminds that Veyle exist, by having her killing corrupted she presumably created, in a clearly ruined village, she claims to be saving, just in case we have forgotten she existed.

Whelp, see you all next time for the next chapter...

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Just out of curiosity, does it still give Marth thief powers?

fTSgYdd.png

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

dats a good Alear

Also wow you're really unlucky with Anna lol

-----

n14Gqsw.png

Ch6x

RiuI7oX.png

Oho

We got some villagers to save here. Let's do that

Spoiler

Draug rescues the first villager and we advance
W81G47b.png

Myrmidon in disguise?

kI8tqkr.png

Muscles!

jiVzbSJ.png

hmm

uiOTCvo.png

We advance further

XREh0kD.png

Armors are not memes!

1sFvMZQ.png

We rescue the 2nd villager

BXYHy0K.png

I pair Marth up with Matthis to go the to bottom villager

n5Lmfty.png

Set up rallies to EP some enemies, however...

VYgdcwi.png

after Clearing the enemies i notice this swordcatcher guy, so i probably shouldn't advance with Marth lol

7Zw7Qff.png

Stronk Archer

bw8RYpA.png

Accent Myrmidon lady, get!

Wc9DIM0.png

Wrath and Armored Blow? This girl seems fun

PSmXeZc.png

Matthis misses an 80something...This guy has only been useful as a carrier honestly lol. Will probably hit the bench once i start getting better fliers

donZLTL.png

The MVP

IA5VGI9.png

We rescue the last villager and...

nvV3z98.png
yTx5xnp.png
bjJWm7z.png

Defeat the boss!

We Seize to finish and get the rewards!

m4E0EpV.png
ZhCb3QD.png
ksCH0Yf.png
AobrKKL.png

--------------------------------

XSYxqd6.png

Ch.7 lessgo

I gave Marth the Seraph Robe btw. Ironmand and all, he needs survivability.

Spoiler

5tqyte1.png
vSFcRVj.png
K1fR2ah.png
wFZa4l7.png

Minerva and the Squad. They don't attack us on this map, just scare us to death with flying around lol. Whitewing's Personal skill is - you guessed it - Triangle attack!

pjhji0E.png

Gordin and Athena take out the 2 Archers

qqrBRAm.png

Fliers advance and i gotta be more careful

3CglEqw.png
19rnHzK.png
GNLRanz.png

We take the generic fliers out

And then

p54HSD5.png
09IApZA.png
mX07YSU.png
5yroquC.png

Minerva and Catira...

2mYZI9C.png
EYrLU9X.png

Leading to the others retreating

N4cvSLP.png

Hi there old dragon

Y7zcLxm.png

I gotchu

PPaOI9x.png

Hmm...Hitrate without Weapon triangle stuff or Rank bonuses could be a problem.

KLG4VOo.png

STR would've been cool tho

XbEQs4H.png

We advance and get hit by mageknt and cav. reinforcement waves, that we take out for...

CYu6PyV.png
cMzAjc6.pngi9A2Mgc.png
Talw6E2.png
these lvlups!

Also Navarre going full crit i see!

Xzj3VOT.png

This dude looks dangerous.

First Gordin Debuff, then..

yVKPccr.png
4pGFcC0.png

Marth finishes!

gGJZQsq.png

ALPHA SAPPHIRE - GYM 3 PART 2

Spoiler

AlNBWjcH_o.pngnVYZtKbr_o.png

As if it weren't enough for us to have to save the asses of these incompetent people, they still CHARGE US to do it

fb5EFWZc_o.png

No, I won't enjoy it

jOCjJ1rY_o.pngV0yYbcwn_o.pngNuOfXHTG_o.pngqIessHvG_o.png

The Grunts here are more interested in the exhibits than battling with you, but we do get something from the guy we beat earlier.

aL5COhq8_o.pngJbdPVdfj_o.png4H8yKOQP_o.pngGIjjW9ha_o.png

After that, we head upstairs to find Captain Stern and hand him over the Devon parts, but we are attacked by two grunts (that we effortlessly defeat)

BD4rrbkc_o.pngFPFhKaPF_o.png

sZFLJF2A_o.pngpoqGwpoY_o.pngQcSZuc6H_o.pngbhvzr6Z3_o.pngUYuSYQDV_o.png

LMAOOOOOOOOO

onGYasGJ_o.png4ob6cnrI_o.png

Doesn't that remind you of something?

5f83981d50c66.jpg

While they're desperate after losing yet again, their leader Archie shows up and infodumps everything Team Aqua plans to accomplish and leaves after threatening us

E62J2RK0_o.pngcOuk34RY_o.pngTwXrfav6_o.pngfBGdYD7T_o.pngO6oy3y7Z_o.pngpDfxrryk_o.png

I have to say, Team Aqua and Magma's plans were never very smart, but even compared to the rival team, Team Aqua's plan is very, very dumb. Anyway, we deliver Devon Parts to the captain and when we try to leave Slateport, a celebrity catches our attention

rCMARTLZ_o.pngDGCPCFa4_o.png

ona1Suuc_o.pngGMEpJlKo_o.png

This is going to be us in the future

SoRsNY2I_o.pngdtg8mMij_o.png

H-hi?

tUmhRqeE_o.pngB70NjGvo_o.pngdCWCJtkK_o.png

Uuh, thanks, I guess?

cShBOnTH_o.pnglWQ8loml_o.png

Sure, what we don't do for an encounter. Also

🚨🚨TEEHEE ALERT🚨🚨

cDAJ9dGh_o.pngL8O0n8d8_o.png

The contest is easily won, with Nelson emerging victorious

JAWOYpfE_o.png

I will never play this ever again

uakvuZwk_o.pngFYywcXGB_o.pngWYG5bTcf_o.pngVx0CupBm_o.png

As we're leaving, we received from a breeder the reason we participated in the first place, Marin the Pikachu!

F23B5dpz_o.pngMi9IO4Da_o.pngmoTJWRRO_o.pngsQWts93C_o.png

She can't evolve into Raichu and Eviolite doesn't work on her, but she will be useful for at least the next Gym thanks to her hidden ability, Lightning Rod.It would be my ace in the hole since I lost my Marshtomp, and it looks like RNG is favoring me , since when we step on Route 110...

MzHfE78i_o.pngsvw20rhG_o.png

We find an Electrike with a Lightning Rod as well, and he quickly joins the team.

YtZyYiBv_o.pnghgCZI28R_o.png

As the grunts clear the way for us, we prepare for one of the most infamous battles in the game...

Serenes is really slow these days

On 9/2/2023 at 6:57 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am almost suprised you didn't go for the bottom floor encounters, but odd as this sounds, this is another case of me being far too used to Emerald, where Saybeleye is a far better encounter (it is literally immune to Brawley, and having two Dark types at all makes Tate and Lisa into a MUCH easier fight...)

Can't access the bottom floor in ORAS without a bike 😔

Intriguing, which Lightning rod pokemon do you even ha-

Oh, ooohhh, heh, interesting. I guess it will be funny to see that special pokemon take center stage 😛

Actually, nevermind

Unless you were planning on personally banning your use of Gyrados (in which case you should have repeled through there and kill your Petalburg City old rod encounter instead), that was probably the safest option to go with.

I plan to get a guaranteed Corphish in Petalburg

On 9/4/2023 at 3:42 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ch6x

How are the gaidens treated; are there any requirements for them? are they optional?

RiuI7oX.png

Oho

We got some villagers to save here. Let's do that

That is a cool take on the Fates mechanics for a fun map gimmick. Also feels a little reminiscent of Thracia.

after Clearing the enemies i notice this swordcatcher guy, so i probably shouldn't advance with Marth lol

Good job catching it, before it became a problem.

Matthis misses an 80something...This guy has only been useful as a carrier honestly lol. Will probably hit the bench once i start getting better fliers

If only I had the sense to do the same to Anna...but it has become kind of funny to me 😛

Whitewing's Personal skill is - you guessed it - Triangle attack!

I hope you end up using it at some point in the run, as I am a fan of the classic Triangle attack.

STR would've been cool tho

Classic Myrmidon.

On 9/5/2023 at 3:47 PM, Newtype06 said:

As if it weren't enough for us to have to save the asses of these incompetent people, they still CHARGE US to do it

Time for a pair of fun fact (from the original at least), of you somehow don't have the money for it, she will still let you through, assuming you are with the evil team, and secondly, grunt talk indicates that the reason there was a massive unmoving line before was that one of the grunts couldn't afford it, and had to talk their way in instead.

UYuSYQDV_o.png

LMAOOOOOOOOO

I almost want to check how many Grunt fights there are in the game...

5f83981d50c66.jpg

Heh, its a Persona 4 version of them.

cShBOnTH_o.pnglWQ8loml_o.png

🚨🚨TEEHEE ALERT🚨🚨

OMG, actual TEEHEE use in the linked run...Lol

moTJWRRO_o.pngsQWts93C_o.png

She can't evolve into Raichu and Eviolite doesn't work on her, but she will be useful for at least the next Gym thanks to her hidden ability, Lightning Rod.It would be my ace in the hole since I lost my Marshtomp, and it looks like RNG is favoring me , since when we step on Route 110...

I am excited to see someone actually use the cosplay Pikachu in an run for legitimate reasons...

We find an Electrike with a Lightning Rod as well, and he quickly joins the team.

...I guess that is some extra insurance.

Can't access the bottom floor in ORAS without a bike 😔

I completely forgot about that change...I guess all of my Hoenn knowledge is mostly Emerald.

Now for chapter 8 of Engage

Spoiler

For the first time, I get a three level arena

AIL4fc8qEREJLsL5-YHiXgWEJsFHYhRK9TzO7t4w

Lol, speed

AIL4fc9my1bsYaAhFqZ2Ias8TmF27M3pgjk6HRzp

Even speedier...yeah Anna is just too funny to bench...for now.

AIL4fc9xKMHXQtxfbLnAmnCUOkE2yjWjHq27QFy7

And then a great levelup on Alcryst.

Now I have another promotion, which I agonize over for far too long, but in the end I decide to give it to

AIL4fc_Sri3TDUzbGsNVVzI0_nhvaU33kwIzq8ku

I was very tempted to give it to Framme, and both Louis and Alfred are doing well enough that I think they can wait for their promotion, but now, for some fashion

AIL4fc_cu26NlpFhVm8RDn0H_ld3I-kUjerR7O9o

And Citrinne is rocking those gold rimmed sunglasses, and gold embroidered crimson.

AIL4fc_zB-V3cS_gL2KPWGu7v6LSnvhNL1qE5gqw

I love that jacket to much to abandon it, but he definitely needed the more sensitive look of the glasses

AIL4fc_sT1V0HFMKYytNTNLiPKvQS_V1_szKGdRH

And Lapis's look is already adorable with that purse to boot (only improvement to make is with the glasses again)

AIL4fc9Nybu6qILC-AW6eN-wiLpm_n3E0bfe3s4q

The change to these sunglasses almost gives little Clanne a secret agent look to him 😛

AIL4fc8hqSItyPWiJS9a9DGl3YNcO5bw2QlNL41U

Boucheron finally has his first major outfit change by rocking the furs

AIL4fc8rU4mPAvV2ooi2cD-XpIk431Uon2NN-x3o

But with a donation to Brodia for more animal "adoptions", our fashion addiction leaves us basically broke, with only fiddy g to our names

AIL4fc-vgk-XDNmATBaOE-xgy4WSgDWbEeLAMdw1

In better news, we arrive in time to prepare for the Elusian attack, instead of in a more desperate situation.

AIL4fc90FjoinwLtg48n3VVoHtj7mGqg7tBzgAdF

And we get to meet this charming prince...

AIL4fc_sPpQ3gOmrM5w-Dq4rDFM4bqAC4PG_LKky

This kind of reminds me of an old family joke, that the only thing that gets the extended family together are weddings, and funerals, and too many of them have been funerals.

AIL4fc9y0UkKtccQDVpXCW1X3UreH-Suh2czUKh5

And speaking of family dysfunction, Diamant is acting excessively cautious with his father

AIL4fc8hekhYNwWkXuGagDAODLbYTa1k6JprPVCg

King Morion here's health.

AIL4fc-gVjX45Etnf0MeGwpQ9KTp12wmXiNCqLZy

And both Diamant's erratic behavior, and the extremely present low self esteem and/or imposter syndrome of Alcryst is treated very... delicately... by their father, like this soft comment on Alcryst's issues here. Morion walks a fine line, where he is a good enough father to recognize his children's issues, but too uncomfortable with emotions to fully engage with them.

AIL4fc8SXFYGiKyJAxZ9gH15O1ukcc_NeRBv7B2B

Poor Roy getting treated like the smash bros character he is, and getting thrown around.

AIL4fc_01lHhgtNrkHvwD1JyfxszhUSw9uaKMCBvAIL4fc9stKscabL917BCSRUxYaoULq13RlAvT9me

In another instance of what feels like the writers shying away from an interesting idea, we never really see this demon side of his come out, despite being told about it.

AIL4fc92pSjz2IrGItboJh6j8rXJKHhwRlZAcduP

And then the Elusians cutscene their way into having an army of corrupted appear in the middle of the castle, and I regret missing the image on the really BS line about Ivy matrix dodging all the castle's defenders to arrive here.

AIL4fc83D1wlRPtaywe7JmYttmYE0VbsWjvT0fVW

Take our SOULS...Really Ivy?

AIL4fc8xiPMSMOuRv17sy9QSEzB4dU73s5j5zh1x

...I mean you can see your corrupted soldiers already being here in your arrival cutscene. I do also appreciate the offer for surrender.

AIL4fc_0PTIywHPvmAFjYDCkcqrAQi8aYXIW8r55

The overprotective son then saves us the hassle of protecting a green unit, although that might be more of a mixed bag.

AIL4fc9VPMOTSIdDJICmxJofPv1RS-FWNhd2LFAH

Oh no, did Hortensia have a crush on us like Goldmary?

AIL4fc-u-G8VxVSGz7yq5SHx1-LeNGY3imP25MEw

Will do Ivy, speaking of which

AIL4fc93lJJLrSSg9PyLZWeD284fp91vC7nKxEKF

Here is what my deployment is looking like so far, as we finally have enough troops to bench a couple duds, like Clanne, and Etie...also sorry Lapis, I still haven't really given you a chance, but we get a brans new swordie in Diamant to replace you in this very chapter.

AIL4fc_fEgP78JQju1yvJRln4sE_BIwUZwDbcwUB

Then the character who I find so forgettable that I have had to look up who he was when people mentioned him on multiple occasion. I don't plan on using him on this run either, unless things go horribly wrong real fast.

AIL4fc9PhgXViWo_ZVk3WzA81daKgM9fGql1mO7D

It is kind of cute how they try to call back to Conquest chapter 10 with this gate region we have to defend (and with some non-aggressive flyers reinforcements later), but this map really doesn't compare.

AIL4fc_hbOZSQWt2BuJZUfJmosgZboaNbHNm6Kzh

An I open with an immediate override

AIL4fc-j22Ra4M_vYHXyZavvgAwFRW5RqiVofG8C

to put Louis in the middle of the action immediately

AIL4fc_fn30qlqqy7i1o9PYF2qEk6Z0bPav5HudI

Also, immediately promoting Alcryst gave me the move to use this ballista first turn, to

AIL4fc-RS3KnkuOFRz_uo8LoXpANqyEktqUnpn_H

give Alfred a kill on enemy phase, but we started far enough away that this is the only action we get on turn one

AIL4fc8qSMfZZDfkkbQVUWeJ-1CvwWqpMyxh7hF2

On turn 2, Alcryst shows us what he will be doing most on this map, popping fliers. But I should probably point out that we have split our army here, with Alfred and Boucheron as the phsyical force heading east, with Citrinne as their magic support, and Framme as their main healer

AIL4fc-y7-Mb2tPBJgTMbfdP2DRH5srlKmK_9VY5

But I clearly over favored the west here. Louis's opening gambit killed the two closest enemies in the west here on enemy phase, so TeeHee can use that promoted move to slaughter this flier

AIL4fc-7FzizbFSG4UhErKh0Ix7Y85_Tstd6aR-l

And Louis can get the kill he just barely missed on enemy phase on the other flier. He did end up taking a little damage from enemy chain attack, but it isn't a big deal yet. Alas these two have done a good enough job that the rest of the west, Anna as healer, and Celine as magic support, plus the newbies I am not sure what to do with yet, can't reach this forward front they set with higher move and canter.

AIL4fc-axhl8dQEpgdgYto2gJhOCoQlVnwrkSrw0

The east takes a bit more work, as Boucheron sets up this Citrinne kill

AIL4fc_ZSgTBoUaIZvfC1wkAjxdRMNZXK4zaglD5

And Alfred sadly misses the kill here, so I have to take a hit from it come enemy phase

AIL4fc8tNbRELzNqM9fP1qaOh5Iw2dwISJoCdRtj

And he does get another solid levelup from the chip.

AIL4fc9MCT7RLrl5EQj9_LPhCV7ss_DLo0iYVMdh

TeeHee does take a fair bit of damage on this enemy phase

AIL4fc_YOLY0EsSlxNXRKwJM_6aSDV3JgLvkXV2s

And Citrinne takes a lot of damage cleaning up Alfred's mess, but I have healers on both sides, so it isn't the biggest deal in the world

AIL4fc80J0qQQSarNIRBak1lkgKIsAqxp2xqF2my

What seemed like a bigger issue, at first, was that the east moved far too slowly to keep the barricades around Alcryst intact, but he perfectly deals with the physical enemy approaching him all on his own.

AIL4fc_94kYyQ-zsAPOKJp-8iyEdwCII1liUknuk

I should probably buy a thunder tome for Celine, that way she could have gotten this kill instead, but with TeeHee getting the kill instead, they can canter a space over

AIL4fc_L37jlL_bnmDMjrkDB9mU6miWkCK0_pQOD

To give Louis the extra point of damage he needs to go for the kill on this flier...well he could have also repositioned for the momentum damage for it instead, but his current position is able to canter out of mage range after the kill

AIL4fc-qVkXIBXcSCCuXKX7iynoH-sMme7aMQxJt

But he managed to both miss, and get this little levelup while doing so

AIL4fc-5-VbDk8IlUnDVjEmdqD2RcjzeSgMphhJ6

He does have to Canter out of mage range (whom TeeHee is now baiting instead), so I need to put Diamant in position to protect the squishier ladies in the back.

AIL4fc88-gafXY95ASkhcad3sjbiXV2WRNoxCVED

We are again unable to kill a flier in the east, as Alfred is the only one that can reach

AIL4fc-4Dvc-wC9yjK71wEb76_8RObL4BYO7t5tr

I should have probably split up TeeHee and Louis, as the east is really floundering without their help.

AIL4fc8PJp7tSbMEo_CtbLiA1h36TtCyz2MNVXUw

Alas that was one of the non-aggressive flier, so it does noth-

...huh, I guess Framme became a better fighter than I thought will all those insane levelups of hers.

AIL4fc_XdkgJ5HQNz84sX6iLYUyOV8fB3O-lb7dS

And it just keeps getting better, doesn't it.

AIL4fc_kUx_uoonf8hZTTV4xxLW69cPjvAocRQtw

That takes care of another of those non-aggressive fliers

AIL4fc9dwdwm1uPNRCcG_Pi0CuU5n368KVCNyCd_

But an important thing to note, is that Ivy's retainers are on the move, so I have to be a bit careful dealing with the rest of those non-aggressive fliers (as if I literally ignore them, they will go for the defend points). Both TeeHee, and Louis are defensive enough for the extremely high crit of Kagetsu to not be immediately fatal, but I need the mage dead to hold a line with Louis

AIL4fc8WAKWPHh86jjuRYsXhjAr2NLqizEcA0rI5

Louis can then use momentum, and TeeHee boost for the Javelin kill, which is close enough to canter back into a defensive line of just him and TeeHee

AIL4fc-gsFeH1VRZ_ET3t43usw_gmdGygxdnZT9E

In the east, Alfred has to go for the Javelin hit on the other flier, to avoid Kagetsu's range, and with the infantry close enough to help out, we can actually kill it

AIL4fc-9h_niWqidNNSHRBwR9mw0aY1RiAvNvHzv

But I go for the kill with Thunder to avoid Zelkov's range.

AIL4fc-HGx-PP5dkDsOF2f4bplrlsfzmqy9JHvxL

We are getting close to the end, so I bait the more distant mages on the flanks as well, which I fear might be a bit more than I can handle.

AIL4fc9MxMpyDee_xHUgzoXSnU5KnkLKh0DSnMtMAIL4fc_q-37inFo5ceCxNw3yylAX09WofYPwCF-z

As I am not taking any of these enemies down on enemy phase.

AIL4fc_de4Bx91By1XSEuaEselKIdpU4mm-hlZS5

Although Alfred does better than I expected with Zelkov, tanking well, and hitting for half damage.

AIL4fc8xYmS1F6x1JvB-riXOu20Q0-jnebr_P3ud

But Kagetsu was always the most dangerous threat for this turn.

AIL4fc_DuzqdX9nnp38tXxCllWjm4ws1lSifZw2u

And then TeeHee's levelup from this chip is exactly enough

AIL4fc9aWLey305hZEOEUxPZhIPjqLI-l77bbkal

To get the kill on player phase, but I am jumping slightly ahead

AIL4fc_4XgNBW3RkONtLjdYv1OfaOZtBvADw0tBs

As first Boucheron killed the mage he baited

AIL4fc_9V4cg0yKQeN0s79q18cRWKkJau8wA8zmO

...How did I get to the point that fighting with Framme legitimately seems like a good idea?

AIL4fc-Px3i1VXbKLxJEjbUxKyqfGui_ilmOc5yY

Framme is supposed to be the funny unlikely kill, not a surprisingly good option.

AIL4fc9zF5k31-kYG36sQxGapijGt2jcEQU1yWFe

Diamant then gets the kill Celine baited in, that lets

AIL4fc9cBHpDc0UH8w2-U1X5FQfoaMmFBBF7knOR

Her finish off this flier,

AIL4fc_Fq4WQmu8zpDddmyLXWbJ1N_6SWpmhabg0

who is too close to an enemy mage for Louis to get the kill himself...

AIL4fc9f_8xgblwaJ2nSgsNxfAbpcsxWoY-enwv4

And she gets an ok levelup from it

AIL4fc8j_WRNgL41vTzgX42L6pm44eyB35DRFZJr

And is just in range of getting chip on the mage that was threatening Louis away from the getting the kill. On the other front, I am trusting a bit in flier being non-aggressive like the last few have been.

AIL4fc_M1AN-x5EN2F3Ef9s2CsBOFucS-Hp8Bryy

Ivy has now given us a kind warning that she will start moving next turn, so I have to get the cleanup of this map done real quick.

AIL4fc_21HJ9qidvURFoPgAv0fpJlT51RiaVxY_u

I open by popping one of the remaining fliers, intentionally in range of the last enemy mages as well

AIL4fc-J8dBIAljI1wpcGBE7uo713A0EceOBlzAM

Cetrinne and Boucheron get the kill from range on the other.

AIL4fc8D1h3PRcSUTxwJ7e2i9UKJBh49OghheVTR

I let Diamant cleanup another of Celine's mage chips

AIL4fc_1DPLAvl_uk0KuSrvYRfiJPRU9ZZ3PtQCX

And intentionally have Louis chip the last normal flier

AIL4fc-64sdxLr-lnnvLPrPpV6Hb4yx9AKLKLOy6

Because it would be funny for Anna to get one kill this map...and she actually does.

AIL4fc_HcZWBErh0_Wde9fdQG1cqBkBWCV_8cGBz

There goes the last enemy mage

AIL4fc-FPwlyyuUxSf5xnPYO3NwuvZcd8YkmTvNT

Which leaves just Ivy...except for some more flier reinforcements.

AIL4fc-9DYxKV9h74zmxzJwRLtyD_h-L3SGyxxdo

With enemy Lief's power protecting Louis from enemy phase magic, Louis can get some very easy chip without a super, and this is enough that I think I can squeeze more exp from those last reinforcements before the end.

AIL4fc-NBMf8J_yEt-OvDCVWbsqEolkR3PCCNqN1

This is literally just for the chip exp, as

AIL4fc-O-_o_k2CG3H9OedufAmQepjxg5Fo2FTVm

As Alcryst can trivially get the kill on his own.

AIL4fc__MVIIpddnSEIM1zG7x7EJSp7pOjCX-yQC

For a solid little levelup.

AIL4fc_nmcc08-59TRmoetnrQkjOb80m5m3cJYIn

Fun fact, this thing's defense stats are at the exact point that her physical, and magic damage are identical here, so I go for the sword hit for funsies... and to give slightly more experience

AIL4fc_xtHjwxQA0Lqs0bK1SIMOMUo5Ja_AZGF_d

With this last Great Sacrifice for the exp on Anna

AIL4fc-rNdo2p8qE91ZJcGzjgRSYOpyMM07YQ67I

For a kind of garbage levelup on Anna here. Alas now I have to make a difficult decision

AIL4fc9GwB4TYNo0Cky7IgrDYpDvK-ULOe4Cq76Q

And I decide to play things slightly more dangerous here, as I could use this Warp Ragnarok for the certain kill on Ivy

AIL4fc_V4xVFbifuh37oRjgx6cW_rFu6qA8alcVm

As I figured the 94% kill chance here was likely enough, and even if it missed, I could try for the kill with both...wait let me look it up...Amber, and Framme, although they would be risking a low accuracy Killer Axe crit death to do it.

AIL4fc9VQWy4ky_n28-30KXAYDYbm_Kb6DtF1FUP

Alfred pulls though, so we don't reach that more desperate position, and recover the ring

AIL4fc-8gE6kmuS7qBzeaTUOHIpgwu0JX1-ZEJZ_

Which we now establish has to be resummoned by us,

AIL4fc_ZH3h0NPmRfGIXJOfXa6_X1KHLfVlMyGgj

so they can show a fancy animation for all the emblems...even the ones blatantly neglected by IS, like my boy Lief here.

AIL4fc9JSrxQNjNMZfJE_g_e7asSExSzyVzdnGq1

We then ask for Ivy's surrender, but she matrix flies away (must be all that practice at the Wyvern minigame she runs shining through)

AIL4fc-YN_YAhVp01bJ-gm33OBlmd8Wi71tOrs3K

We then hear about the obvious trap next chapter is going to be.

AIL4fc82vYXMo8av6WW39x0287kJMuyw1EBo8QvB

Because it is very obviously baiting Morion to his death.

AIL4fc-PB3lZ4I9W2RjGVJW1NE7YAnc_pJy0SQRM

I have to give credit to Engage's writing here, for having Morion actually talking to his son about this, instead of letting it fester into one of those stupid sitcom issues that is solved if people actually talking to eachother like this

AIL4fc-z2RdAt6vY0bCup5hKQQrcxPufxQSJnUTzAIL4fc9WVGSbAHuq8m9UMbEx8w9mqONsYmPvgKfX

And the way Morion show how much less comfortable he with emotional things, by how he shies away from the emotional heart of this issue by making it less personal,

AIL4fc8OWsnf0SEIYuXUZqEV7IezNdb_6GhieTSr

And deliberately showing Alear in frame for this line, to link it back to Alear's personal experience with parental death

AIL4fc8xEazmnPxgRiT-Tx59qDtNE3IKdmSk9YsVAIL4fc8-v9Amj2lTvovH_bBZKwrE47zR854--dwK

It is interesting how positively they frame such a clear instance of toxic masculinity here, where Morion admits he would literally rather die, than be known as a coward. It is such a clear weakness in the man that our enemy are exploiting to make this next arc a tragedy.

I guess I have been talking around how I think Morion is fettered in these emotional discussions by toxic masculinity, but he is overcoming that thanks to the more positive sides of masculinity of trying to be a good father.

AIL4fc_q7PKhOCYhdAUfwFhwJFPSplol-jCan8gv

For his faults, Morion is a good enough father to truely understand his children, recognizing Diamant's fears, and

AIL4fc93bk5MJ6eqEWcVt-e0lLfqj5Xarw2dvCOF

Knowing how to draw confidence from Alcryst

AIL4fc96yqV28GQJQN_Yj4sxQ8dIJ19UvC-d1188

And reinforce that confidence when it shines through

AIL4fc8HjFuxakwiRypkfvtrwHOnFVPaNzmtSZJI

Oddly enough, I have to agree Morion, TeeHee probably is my strongest warrior at the moment.

AIL4fc-ewSM876YMHpUP0D0dhq72vSh5H6Kjygmz

Then the game cruelly teases us with the lack of any true dragon forms with our dragons...

AIL4fc8bvltBqDlOLPFtmTzEbU_gx2QLew1S7_TY

Oh thank goodness, more money for fashion.

AIL4fc8kaVKhC_RxdbehRM0B5G1YPWkSD8uWsBcy

Again we see more hints at a darker story, that the writers continue to she away from...well kind of. I guess there is the Lindon-Saphir support that touches on something close to this sentiment.

AIL4fc8ieME_BOuji5b_2WWkuIUH9g1lvCYerd0w

And I will end things off with the game taunting us with us leaving the castle protected by a future recruit that will return at an arbitrary point later in the game. Hopefully we get far enough to see you again Saphir.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

How are the gaidens treated; are there any requirements for them? are they optional?

Gaiden requirements:

6x: kill 5 thieves

12x: beat the map in 14 turns, OR have one of Midia, Boah, Tomas, Dolph, or Macellan die in 14 turns (either one).

17x: kill 3 bishops.

20x: kill Camus, OR, DO NOT recruit Lorenz, (killing him off after recruitment doesn't work).

24x: have neither Tiki, nor the Falchion.

That is a cool take on the Fates mechanics for a fun map gimmick. Also feels a little reminiscent of Thracia.

Now i want Thracia remake in Fates

I hope you end up using it at some point in the run, as I am a fan of the classic Triangle attack.

I hope so too!

On 9/6/2023 at 12:47 AM, Newtype06 said:

that will help!

non-aggressive flier,

huh

til

i usually kill them so fast i didn't notice this

So they are like the pegasi in CQ ch10? Just going to the seize point?

..How did I get to the point that fighting with Framme legitimately seems like a good idea?

Now give her Eirika/Lunar Brace later on and watch the music

NIEkqNH.gif

This is from Maddening iirc.

Punchies is hella good with Eirika/Lunar brace.

even the ones blatantly neglected by IS, like my boy Lief here.

Leafy boy actually has quite a few niches others can't replicate. He is one of the weaker ones yeah, but i think people quite underestimate him.

Quite hate what they did with the Master Lance tho. Like atleast don't half it's Mt from Thracia :sob:

-------------------

Wh8EDUg.png

Chapter 8!

This one doesn't look that bad....but i have 1 big problem

ab4clDj.png

I don't have Caeda...Which means i will have to win without killing him or you guys will lose a unit...I will try xD

Spoiler

pSnpZgs.png

Hi

0pSSSnd.png

That's a cool skill

gC11GWM.png

Eh

Thanks for the Dual Katana tho

yt4UgoS.png

I am doing something a little risky

SaQYI8o.png
vDn4GVI.png

With Marth's Charm that's 31 Atk. That should kill the Bow Knights and Dark Knights on counter while still surviving.

My first idea was to dual attack with Devil Aex, but that puts Draug at a much higher risk of dying, especially since the enemy paired up cavs are quite strong

vVx3FKn.png

Radd shop Turn 1 - get a couple Lunges, a Shove and a Swap

jG9fqtM.png

cool Dragon

VhlfCzW.png

Omg so much speed

XFadDbX.png

Miasma dude ignored Draug. Other than that plan success and enemies start coming to me....

Including Roger

This is tricky

But first

4CYRxLN.png

Time to buy heals and rapiers.

F7ve7cW.png

I setup for Draug + Marth to take out the some more the Cavs. I use Rapiers a bit more liberally thx to shop lol

YPsJpHM.png

Shop turn 3. I buy me some HP/Def tonics

5pLnYoG.png

toughening defenses by becoming an evasion tank 😄

zFOyFUj.png
SjFOizz.png

nice

Marth paired with Draug take out the rest of Armors and cavs and then...

Pwmt5ln.png

Roger Suicides

Damn it.

OOkcl7N.png

Marth crits him even.

"If my fiancee was alive she would've seduced you, alas..."

Funny stuff

WRvEHbE.png

Blessed

aU2jFlm.png

I start parking units to stop the reinforcements that will eventually spawn

EizAYDX.png

Spawn earlier than expected. RETREAT

58QJTtG.png

clearing the initial group and ending with this sweet lvlup

bS9Wzoj.png

Classic debuff tactic

11zKiCw.png

Then poison into Marth finish

vHbGjTd.png

Bolt Naginata nice

F97Sqyv.png
eFOKLZi.png
OMG
ZUG0Vpq.png
ImPT2xh.png

Mop up some enemies then

5AvIhsm.png

Seize to finish

8PyTn8N.png

Checkpoint 2 reached....with one more casuality

On 9/9/2023 at 2:05 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

huh

til

i usually kill them so fast i didn't notice this

So they are like the pegasi in CQ ch10? Just going to the seize point?

I haven't ever waited to see if they will actually reach the seize point, but I noticed this behavior when trying to enemy phase them on my last Enagae run. I will also note that it is specifically the reinforcements that do it.

On 9/9/2023 at 2:05 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Leafy boy actually has quite a few niches others can't replicate. He is one of the weaker ones yeah, but i think people quite underestimate him.

Quite hate what they did with the Master Lance tho. Like atleast don't half it's Mt from Thracia :sob:

He has his uses, but he is very clearly the worst of the Emblem Rings. Also I meant it a bit more generally, as an extension of how Leif and Thracia get treated by FEH as well, and with how much inspiration they took from his Genealogy form (in both FEH, and this appearance here), when Thracia had a lot of interesting ideas they could have drawn from.

vVx3FKn.png

That is a very interesting shop, and way to deal with the mobility skills...although the lack of shelter there is very telling for how overpowered it is in Fates...

Roger Suicides

Damn it.

OOkcl7N.png

Marth crits him even.

"If my fiancee was alive she would've seduced you, alas..."

Marth is showing us what he truly feels about that, without Caede around to curb his anger. Yeah, that was a tough spot to be in, and poor Goldmary was a unit I ignored last time, and it looks like will remain so this time.

Time to reach that checkpoint by finishing chapter 9

Spoiler

Back at the Somniel, the biggest change to things

AIL4fc9DVnMr8FJUrQsmMuAofGgGIErXff1JLdu5

Is the first buyable seals. That means another promotion to agonize over, an the potential for Second Seal class changes...

AIL4fc_WGfJM6eGRvdjetbGV1W0Axgv8t-y5tc-n

Additionally I was given enough funds to get this rather expensive clothes, and buy out the clothier's again

AIL4fc-pbhUgw2dp-HCFUJuexKZbhkh8ba6vEdEp

And I put that new drip to use immediately with an improvement of Bouchy Boy's outfit.

AIL4fc8WjQkGihxVfbKZBjrBKiMvOBcN3k0RYGbM

The shades add to the cool guy sense of that fabulous jacket and shirt.

AIL4fc-2IZI_wducgeyA16dO7toOSrWphBognn0C

While I am usually not a fan of the vest designs on the guys, the floral patterning just meshes well with...with... Amber here.

AIL4fc_mX8qivW55uK4YqVq5e6DLEvmPP8HM0V6V

The Arena is enough to critically get Boucheron to promotion level

AIL4fc9zjuNxH0cke7Ov1bitxQDfo-fTO6deZDuw

And Anna continues to disappoint with even more mediocre levelups.

Now to figure out my promotion. Giving it to one of the mages is starting to get tempting, but I get the feeling I will be dropping at least one of them soon, and I am still a bit uncertain as to which. Promoting Anna, and then reclassing her with a Second Seal is very tempting as well, but what I ended up going with

AIL4fc-vqJda2kqXwmnDer5Si517jLstjyLI59GU

Was to fix an issue with my team composition, only having one bow user, so with Boucheron

AIL4fc9HuxkIeWJLlM3G47J3OWYvyhSdduPZ9cPB

Able to go Warrior for the bow access with Lief's help, I now have another bow wielder to better cover Etie moving to the bench.

AIL4fc9yo1CmSZ8st81J4fN_u0mUmmUvl2PfChyE

Alas the story gives us an explanation for why we aren't in a position to aid in the duel, or respond to its results quickly

AIL4fc-pj1K_jhL-LNzLizLay2ggpvxcFcTci16S

On the one hand, I can kind of respect the cautious analysis of this decision, but

AIL4fc-_nPcKyX0QMNS11giPuMMAFzFNkx4XYs87

That is heavily undercut by knowing that it is covering for a very stupid insistence of following through with obviously dumb toxic masculinity shit

AIL4fc-BL1nuCnRpixD7QiLUFpy7O5Ko33WEV-3o

Especially when it is so obviously a trap that even TeeHee recognizes it. Its like he is going out there intending to die.

AIL4fc_AzAfUptnAxahENHrYIEgc85qyfOoXssa5

Hyacinth is so gleeful at his opportunity for revenge against Brodia

AIL4fc93JbEaHLkpfZe3WLOp_ba7GKf2FzTWGsqx

And seeing Hyacinth do the punchy combat against Morion's sword is kind of funny to watch.

AIL4fc8KE2x3q9a4K6a_VR3Bo29WC4LSr87ptjDBAIL4fc-LukaUBt6ZoJY96PZOj2MguFkFjl3ItAjA

But once he puts on the ring he changes completely, with those glowing red eyes, and dark purple energy surrounding him.

AIL4fc-7KRn0so2UyXksQ8yFA_ld6xZmwXI6mWx3

And he kicks Morion's ass

AIL4fc-cxo4nCJ-gSWQ7ooVV74azW4eCqdosPm9d

Hyacinth makes it so obvious that chapter 10 is going to be a trap, goading Diamant right in his fears.

AIL4fc9xK8rivcsl7dSXDgVwl7Za7ZHu70XYUygO

Huh, is this the first time we see Griss and Marni, here carrying off the body of Morion? Its so minor a scene that I kind of forgot about it.

AIL4fc-iva5iUHNs2V5_zHHQJTjqb9yJpEKONeiB

And then he callously tries to sacrifice Ivy quite pointlessly here.

AIL4fc-9ulznCO67BUIleBXSHYt1PAD7IzeNnvix

We do have two major ring changes here, first Lief made a lot of sense for Alcryst so that dynamic weapon changes can let him enemy phase at 1-2 range. Also, while it isn't relevant yet, I like Lief on a proc unit to make the Quadruple Hit super better. Giving Roy to Bouchy Boy was some simple favoritism.

AIL4fc_6skfcbvv6ztcFQzBmdfRzQFT_lgBpiPsK

As for my deployment, I am mostly bringing the same crew I did last time, with Diamant earning a real spot for now.

AIL4fc_OrVpF8DdWX6-KWoMmFifAsru2fpSI6jk8

We also have a recruitable green unit in Jade here to deal with, and if I ignore her for long enough (or get really unlucky with crits) she can fall here...

AIL4fc9Fuy-qKRIHFwGOp80OHPwXyGONsQ3eK35k

Now I am splitting my party in two for this first section, learning from last chapter I made sure to split up TeeHee and Louis, I am splitting my healer"s" with Framme going south, Anna going north, also splitting my mages of Citrinne north, and Celine south, and my archers Boucheron north, Alcryst south (who has not moved yet in the image). That just leaves Diamant and Alfred, who I split north and south respectively. I think this is a bit more balanced split than last time.

AIL4fc-NQgTTILeNEFD6EtZuS6F-y4iPn_NOUYhXAIL4fc9dww8z5Lsww5taAFPBb6dFykMfhNtomXwZ

Ivy really has been left out here to die, with only the slim hope of dragging a ring off one of our heroe's corpses.

AIL4fc8Fhpay657ll17W8VhnrU-rEXbUBRFryurf

Alas she hasn't thought of the idea of jumping ship over to our side, but she will come around eventually.

AIL4fc-6SPAaC6LzsIUEer667nLpW1rUmmUhwK7Z

Alas, the crit luck is on Jade's side this time around, as she crits one of these enemies on the first turn.

AIL4fc8NwIFb9jhc8RqAH7mJSrA0bNeapL17vlld

Onto turn two, I open by putting Boucheron's hand me down bows from his friend Etie to good use here.

AIL4fc9uJasjsYmxMuzsHjKWJWH1FjPqaTZRbjn4

Citrinne wipes out the infantry unit

AIL4fc-YOtREjzF-LIAnaWpWappIzL_anTbhXgvg

For an OK levelup. Not really what she needed, but not bad for a mage.

AIL4fc9jXhuyAQnwjvcXHzsvwXR6G3UvNXCBz9Si

Diamant kills the remaining flier

AIL4fc-KD37QnbJw38AHjZ6OlwUSRu33l5o0QpCi

With Louis then getting the reliable kill on the last mage. The north was an easy clear

AIL4fc8ZLxqHz39NaZuPJotqCbU8762-epwjxJ-XAIL4fc_SmLPL96GwRhejKNXxHAfbtjaBfbtCZhOC

Things are a lot more complicated in the south, with a LOT of these off by just a few damage point ranges coming up

AIL4fc96ZOXCPiIfJNzrPVgT-YkTK5_oEe3OG0ON

So I feel the need to open with TeeHee

AIL4fc9g4rvAd3Oo_o-DY7jbDLfYlmd0DFFxXX7q

As their debuff lets Alcryst get a perfectly reliable kill on the full health pegasi

AIL4fc8TzQONnZG1pDvgqFvzAs6DQPsRTp9sPZ4cAIL4fc8qyRZiyn6Ib56zghbJirlOfViEU3l_M3ng

Lets Celine get the damage she needs to finish off the full health infantry unit

AIL4fc-gGTjT3mvylvZkWUbi8TVJIRFdmvivLVz3

And even gets Framme the extra damage she needed to kill the last Pegasi there. That was uncomfortably close little section, but we cleared both side on turn two. Onto turn 3

AIL4fc-xHAzNuGfv24N_ncfCjwUT0Azv81xxB7Xb

I open with Alcryst Engaging in an instance of undue caution (the only enemy in ran is Zelkov who will stop in the fort)

AIL4fc_igjYpwiLSWHYgDRoLc3eTeY-ZZ1shPLn0

Before killing this pegasi

AIL4fc8hg1gbvmngZ6eb2dvd5WA33aCYN-NsLLld

And I even blocked off melee access to him to make the Engage on this turn even more unnecessary, but with all these power pools lying around (and probably wanting the Engage for next turn anyway) its not a big deal.

AIL4fc8EY8MCcU1tHjpzzTw2m4y3_zA2rW5VlNsd

Similarly Bouchy Boy pops the peg in the north

AIL4fc9cZNvAK_7V1prLRA9aO6SU5r38Yx6JZAwe

But I can be even more aggressive in this direction

AIL4fc9XT-gFxRrrx65JnZTfXGwe6frD3HksJ8lJ

with Louis actually getting the hit here

AIL4fc_Hsk-YKpQ-IXA7M2WjUhewCpk4EYZyC0sX

That lets me get the Warp Ragnarok kill on the otherwise scary Kagetsu immediately

AIL4fc9ZYe3vNFLFafkSJgd_duRmTC7KcNnWiPtG

Thanks to that early crit, green Jade even managed to get a kill all on her own.

AIL4fc-GY7PLSOvFf44Nt1P_EBLXgC2QdNQpguFe

Zelkov managed to release some reinforcement by reaching his fort, but we prevented the ones on the other side with the early Kagetsu kill. Also sitting on the fort is going to make him annoying to deal with.

AIL4fc8szBFuDZ9EV-TZ9cN2zF-X8XCZrujRo_ax

Back in the north, I clear out the other unit harassing Jade

AIL4fc-i9LfTNYLFI2wcxg6DfZcZTxdh4xVddfTO

I then have the invincible wall of Louis draw in all the physical threats in the north towards him, as we advance in that direction

AIL4fc9eaFZvpuu17Z9wktMkD4n8roaihrTuGiyq

In the south I open with Celine...missing.

AIL4fc_mYnSLSNbX8DBvzMupU8PTAxQEPfHsAYYR

I guess that means I have to do something a bit more extreme, and reliable to this thief instead

AIL4fc_o9-UXOOrKwPnJd6xnHI0sc276jp7VObz2

That way I can use TeeHee's super to bypass Zelkov's double fort avoid bonus for the kill.

AIL4fc-Dc1lBJufHsnBA5lInFohBriiujkqQcH-o

And with Mercurius's help TeeHee gets this... mediocre levelup for them really.

AIL4fc8L6N9UpHfiJAaubNi9qINohEiXMG6ils6S

Alfred gets some chip in before

AIL4fc8FqwWEv905nidAl4YnFOSbX8dmKL2AW-Lc

And I end things off by holding the line with an Obstruct staff use. Probably unnecessary, as Framme and Celine can take a physical hit if they have to, but it makes me feel safer.

AIL4fc93xsm4wPubG2lH1Hw-UPp2QNzB9iMhCjPh

Leif's dynamic weapon changing does some good here, getting Alcryst this kill here

AIL4fc_kStkkn6VsH0EpHA-97miqdb47pRHm8PxM

On the next turn we finally recruit Jade, although I don't expect to end up using her.

AIL4fc-Jq1AeZzuwyE382ae6NiM3AxS-loiwLhJS

Meanwhile in the north, I have Louis override to kill the only magic unit in his direction.

AIL4fc_J-Vkbhx9IZOW8055nbf_m5I9iO04_Fcym

I then have Bouchy Boy Engage to make it certain he can't die, while preparing to enemy phase this section of the map with his trusty hammer, and a fort.

AIL4fc9EDep5yHeg3FJhVPLjBd93ZCiZeqhtPAI0

The south is more player phase focused instead, with TeeHee Rapiering one armored knight

AIL4fc-FzU6NbV9ZxlhIt4tVwxQC7azZzyVpoixo

Alcryst pops the mage

AIL4fc99WDuMWpxuy-6lfNCSds2cDvoYR3nLnq94

Celine pops an armored knight (although notably still needing TeeHee's boost to do so). Next I can

AIL4fc9zk7u7LCjJaGGkOLr2M-j_m3eh4YgLdSYo

...sigh, miss the kill by 1 on the already injured armored knight

AIL4fc-BYlwYvsQJkLQmiP82SrPo8bF7GQnO_zqO

Framme then trade switches Alfred to a better one range weapon for enemy phase while getting into this safe pocket away from the enemy.

AIL4fc_-hLy8I4V2ARU6uwLOIWRFy-KTYEeSAsq5

In the north I just let Bouchy boy do his thing

AIL4fc_Z-ody_rnHAJgvrbo8ODNK6OxYQipPmaEj

And he even managed to get a solid enough levelup on his enemy phase slaughter here. Alfred also gets his enemy phase kill on the one health armored knight as well

AIL4fc_MpupKEz7ePT1xNVDpNPsQ8XFH6yoK-ux-

Onto next turn Framme gets another solid healing levelup

AIL4fc_zf7lqw3u1YsDL4gSijdm3wxmSm_Q5l7ER

Before Celine finishes off the last enemy in the south. Now I spend a few turns here moving my units towards the center, waiting for engages to run out, to then refill it with gauge refill spaces

AIL4fc8JubGhtIIY8-_tyxsYfYOssYvgt4HclL2y

I also have Jade and TeeHee get their talk in as well, which is obvious an alternate recruitment conversation possibility, and eventually I am all ready to draw in the bo-

AIL4fc-clLEV8HLdbmZDPydKIriew2pdJIu9C-LE

...If this wasn't an ironman, I would probably RNG rig an S rank Dierdre ring, so I no longer have to run into this obnoxious nonsense. Really its fine

AIL4fc-TG9dOz3wU2mjoXl3qlx9Ao59t3j0DtsLd

I have a second healer

AIL4fc847pRnmjIIJH9U2b8VWLsPzNvlxEnts1st

So I can get the chain guard in anyway

AIL4fc8Vh5VhH7zfIag1BsSa8ygNHTo24L9HVPxQ

Which gets me a very safe opening pot shot on Ivy

AIL4fc9viu10TEcc6b4rzau4HQXObbma0Cu6NV8e

And I open the final turn with Louis removing Ivy's chain guarder.

AIL4fc_HwqhRBJBTBfL8rndZfmhXNuINElVECl_NAIL4fc8Z3hL0N_J435XrcnJiu2oTA60b0CDSeiLS

I kill off a few of the cavalry before

AIL4fc8w_VWmTDEYuzVcybxQCULWpeHE3RivTXZX

TeeHee supering through the rest of Ivy's first health bar

AIL4fc8FmrcT66swEswwhgZ5pG4I6CY7AmlhvH0Y

Which also lets Framme kill the last cav with their boost

AIL4fc_FDcLydsxbS2JdnUFjf2LGFjdwyoedNAla

Celine also safely milks a little chip exp on Ivy

AIL4fc_q2kYoajHjfzqCqC7Gi0aCnBcgjX9L817X

For an odd levelup on her.

The chip also lowers her health for more exp

AIL4fc_lSL9Rfen4rIKU8gyw7OLrVUbhGmPTiMG6

On Anna's cynical Great Sacrifice for exp move, which gets her another underwhelming levelup.

AIL4fc-gn-r9DZTtOJ-TZK0N7aqK0CnjcJH9-BbU

Let's finish this

AIL4fc_9e6luolxRwGa02u3gN-67tTViGBkqH6XK

And earn a nice little survival levelup on him while I am at it.

AIL4fc_hMFs6JV1sOO-JHFom9ViPPJOTZG2rq32G

Ivy, this is a linked ironman, doing so would have ramifications on everyone playing. Plus I kind of like your flying magic class

AIL4fc9UDlUTtdH_ntKc6LU833b7rrrC3f3nTlaa

TeeHee is even in agreement with me here.

AIL4fc_AzK_SAiRw1Tuc2neP5PWcv9q7V_lThzfz

She really is trying her best to summon up the strongest argument for her death here

AIL4fc81AwrPUaC3kKCo4zifFgzqFEnlVuf--OdK

But that just encourages TeeHee to brutally tear her argument apart here, by pointing out that se doesn't have the support to pull that off

AIL4fc9wgGyYCkNeQUK9tgrxnzjpvEIvq-G7AZoo

Brutally point out that her father sent her into just battle intending her to die

AIL4fc8Sr8PeU_x7FdVV2KAg3igpIn2IXnvY62_q

And just drives the knife in deeper by pointing out that it wouldn't have even been a meaningful death.

AIL4fc9kvgXsbnckzQyAh5_YIAVkkMvmG3JZflcK

Ivy, we will not assist you in suicide.

AIL4fc_mSyHMSnwQfGdMc4Wobtwh4VXQoJOZfQmr

I do wonder when she decided to be a divine dragon worshiper. Just last chapter she was asking to take her "deity's" soul. Did Hyacinth know, is that why he threw her life away so pointlessly?

AIL4fc-WVKbdcUaAkawRTb2YEKE7U1BAoAr9_0wV

And now she rewards us for saving her life, with the information we need...to fall into the Elusian trap.

AIL4fc_hP7jygCWp2E2dpCj-Qc5T6Wy09l_DkAkF

It does sound like we have an opportunity to catch Sombrom when he is weak, but we are just a little too late...

AIL4fc97yEFtVM6TGKhUPE-0fcBf7ER1AYOijmeF

Is that why TeeHee can't transform into a dragon? Did they just need to eat a Sovereign or two to get that power back?

AIL4fc_PJLtfdk8PcYF35d4TedLQbWlyRHpMab_z

Hyacinth is about to learn why you don't ally with the leopards eating people's face party

AIL4fc9d6HC_mRB01sbXgdp02CydwqUHz-5JfILb

See you soon, I might even use all three of you, we will see, as actually using a busted unit like Kagetsu feels wrong...

AIL4fc_JVHIwi_psWNkfdp7TO3r85p9jLpAkboBw

It will be as friends, and it is funny that they act like it will be any other way.

AIL4fc_mdvPWgiz4cGpoMesXHJQ6vyk8yq8LXO5uAIL4fc-FUf0lpve1C5DslThf9_NkNTOzw6ZHSpKR

It is interesting how we are seeing phenomena of the physical world being attributed to the sinister nature of Sombrom here. Is this how dragons get called deities?

AIL4fc8qZZyix-8jqKKhGLsrTkdQ7zsXvBg5rRCC

A village of winter festivals? What a strange turn of phrase. It makes me think she is saying she comes from Santa's workshop or something.

AIL4fc9ToBg1cXjOXU_ZTMBjv7tAHTkgdjs__5YA

We do have one more talk with Veyle before I end things off, but now all the people get to meet her too.

AIL4fc907J8nuigtSHQYVKKf2S8u7yOEq6fjH-0Z

Really lamp-shading the oddities of her split personality induced amnesia there. Evil Veyle is clearly the one directing her movements through the world.

AIL4fc-0kAjnoa0Xx3oTbRtVYYiFlXfhJXyzFDonAIL4fc-uRTgZl0tPzs0hxpvvC5kDKntMJHNo34Lh

Again we are helpfully directed towards our doom by well meaning people with ties to our foes...

AIL4fc8OyLTRu7-oU9EYq1mh7w_-Qr9hsJyIyV0Y

Evil Veyle almost breaks through here, when she notices our ring, but she stumbles off before that awkward reveal can occur, and with her disappearing into the snow, we can move on to the next checkpoint, and I have a fair bit of prepwork to get through for that.

Apologies for taking so long, a combination of stuff going on irl (like my headache being tooth based and needing some direct work or getting stuff sorted out for some work involving talking with a bunch of people) and a bit of distractions. And a sin I must confess.

Spoiler

Gamestop decided to shut down here back in June. They were selling everything at discounts and while I could have been more patient for some things (especially on stuff I'd bought before these sales started), I ended up getting 5 games: Kirby and the Forgotten Land, the Klonoa remaster (It was 9 euro, the place I got it was closing down on the day, Of course I got it)...... And several Pokemon titles, because those going any lower in price before disappearing out of stock I wasn't really anticipating.

So I've been playing Pokemon Sword over the last few weeks, ended last week. And man, if this ain't proof Gen 8 is the worst one. Dynamax as a gimmick has the issue of oversimplifying because you have 19 moves at most while Dynamaxed (if you're gigantamaxed one of the moves is switched out and not being able to choose is a weird and bad call imo) and the den raids are too hit and miss if you don't have others to work with and it's integration feels like the gimmick it is with how rare it is outside the stadia, especially with how rare it that that you do raid-style fights in the story before end/postgame. The story is fucked, with Macro Cosmo's leadership being so condescending and stupid I'd believe Elon Musk was CEO if we didn't see Rose and thus dooming everything about the evil team plot. The game would be better with just the gym challenge. Eternatus's part in the lore is honestly too confusing, what does this pokemon made of lineart mean? Is it the cause of the Darkest Day or not? How was it imprisoned and why was it at the energy plant? Leon is pretty annoying and useless, Hop I feel better about but I still take issue with things like how his arc ends and the amount of beating up the game's writing does to him, Marnie is weridly not relevant for being pegged as a rival and is underwhelming, which I'm disappointed to say. The layout of Galar and the routes bothered me personally, not a fan of how the routes were in this game at all, though it can express areas being higher and lower they don't feel as complicated to traverse as the routes of the older games could get. Visually some of the wide shots were fine I felt, a contrast from the obvious deficiencies in stuff like textures and draw distance. The music's kinda meh in the world, but alright in towns and the battle music (with some exceptions, Marnie, the Championship music and those raids come to mind). The handholding isn't on Gen 7's level, but not by much and it's still very railroady. And that's not even talking of all the cut moves and mons, not to mention how limited some 'mon's movesets can feel at points. Or the catching formula being altered to avoid someone catching a level 60 early by making it so if they're any level above you it's 0.1 times catch rate for you. This is a fucking shitshow when it's 1 level above because I'd rather not curbstomp the game because I tried to catch shit. Or the knockoff Jedward arc that they decided to add as the sole postgame not tied to towers, tourneys or titanslaying.

But there's things I liked. Bede is the best rival since Hugh down to his bopping music, high praise. I like the concept of the wild area, much as it's less interesting than I'd have hoped and with how the routes feel in this game SV can't be that much worse. The towns are more hit and miss than I'd like but I do like a decent amount of them (Motostoke, Stow-On-Side, Ballonlea, Circester, even Postwick and Wedgehurst though maybe they should have been the one town) but few if any of them feel that explorable compared to even Gen 7 in terms of the houses (And Stow-On-Side/Ballonlea feel so small), but then again, Stow-On-Side has a moment where you're exploring rooves, which is nice. I'd like to add Spikemuth and Wyndon, but both have the issue of not being able to enter enough places for their size and Wyndon isn't hitting the limits like Lumiose did. And honestly, having the team you used to beat Leon show up in the opening menu once you've cleared the game is nice imo.

Moving on from the sin, let's play a great game! I'll reply to everything I haven't next post, it's late here and I wanted to prove I hadn't died.

Spoiler

Last time, we left off on Roxie having to chase after her dad because he wanted to pursue his dreams of stardom. Let's break a man's hopes and dreams. We go to Pokestar Studios in the pouring rain of Virbank and the moment we enter the talent scout who spoke to us before is talking to an old white guy (aka hollywood exec #321) about us being a star (I am concerned by this coming out of nowhere) and the exec speaks in such strange intonations that there's no way they're implying Stu Deeoh is anything but a stereotyped gay man. We get dragged in and get the tour of the place. Roxie's dad sees us and asks that we watch and learn from him. They also say 8 screens is impressive, but I'm not exactly in a big city and there's 3 cinemas with as many screens. Ah, the joys of condensing stuff like this in video game settings. He's called Midlife Man of Justice in the film intro, oof. The dialogue is about as cheesy as you'd expect from a mid superhero flick, while the audience sleeps. The film even says goodbye Riolu-Man. Roxie's dad is broken by this, retreating to his captaincy.

We get dragged off to make a film now, taking part in recasting after Roxie's dad as Riolu-Man to Brycen-Man. Before that, I note there's possibly a scab in the studio because there's at least one screenwriter. I just get on with clearing this one, which is simple enough with the rental. Get a good ending (Apparently this film made 24 billion pokecurrenccy, which yeesh), leave and go to the pier. Team Plasma are in the way, ugh. I beat the guy, he shouts PLASMAAAAA, we have to chase them, Roxie thanks us saying she might have lost one of her 'mons (Why, you'd have been ambushed in a horde battle? Wrong gen) and get Cut. Then we search for the runaways, find one on Route 20, beat them up (Took a bit more work because rain and Sand Attack), hear them ask why they ran fron the coast when they had a boat, Veardiy notes this and says we should get a boat if they have one. We head back to Virbank and leave for Castelia, after Roxie says to her dad he shouldn't give up on his dreams (but does say don't let them prevent him from ferrying people, effectively dooming his career in acting)

We get a shot of Castelia at night, then arrive. Veardiy notes a weird sailboat after registering me on the Xtransciever, but doesn't realise it could be where he's looking for. After heading towards the city, we get immediately jumped by a clown, who asks us to look for other clowns and gives us a bike.  Accepting this won't be the weirdest thing about Castelia, I get on with looking around the city. I find one in the Battle Company, which will not be faced until I have more mons, I buy repels in advance of the master plan, get items around town without fighting, find out Burgh ain't at the gym and some sassy lost child shows up saying she'll help look for Plasma 2: Icy Boogaloo. After more looking, we find the child leading us to the sewers. Anticipating my death, Veardiy shows up and I can shake the child by following him in. I spray repels, then team up with him. We find the grunts stupid fast, but after beating them rather than chase more we get told not to by Burgh, Veardiy gives me Strength, Some guy in a lab coat and accessories like he's a Vtuber and Burgh says to challenge him.

Might as well do what I repelled for. Takes a shocking amount of time and all the repels I bought (All 5 of them), but Eevee does show up. It also does some good damage when I switch in Abelanne to put it to sleep. Thankfully, the Hypnosis lands, the catch goes off first try, but jeez he took some effort to catch. Welcome to the team Drauis! I'll admit I feel like he'll be a project that I'll debate for a while about what evo I go for, because he could fit in most teams but it'll be dependent on what I'm missing. With that done, might as well get one of my lost catches out of the way with the sewer, which turns out to be a low level Zubat. He gets called Chloeda, one of the ones I never get to use. After leaving the sewers, the lost child tells me to fight Burgh, I go to the centre to deposit Chloeda and save because it is too late for me to be fighting for Exp and prepping for a gym.

TL;DR: We shoot for the stars, reach the mainland and get some future versatility for the team.

Spoiler

Team:

Frain the Lucario

Abelanne the Patrat

Gordie the Growlithe

Drauis the Eevee

Forever boxed:

Chloeda the Zubat

Edited by Punished Dayni

Let's do ALL the replying I missed:

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Spoiler
On 8/30/2023 at 12:05 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

fZ36zcM.png

Buy myself couple throwing weapons

Kodachi in Archanea is a weird one for sure.

On 9/2/2023 at 9:56 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

GRPgjqc.png

No, it looks neat.

On 9/2/2023 at 9:56 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

nDhQkJU.png

Title.drop

It's the thing!

On 9/4/2023 at 11:42 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

RiuI7oX.png

Oho

Well that looks interesting. How'd they make that work?

W81G47b.png

Myrmidon in disguise?

Draug will change his name to Hsams

Wc9DIM0.png

Wrath and Armored Blow? This girl seems fun

Comes with a Sunrise Katana too, odd with a +Def skill and a crit skill arguably.

nvV3z98.png
yTx5xnp.png

I think he'll need a Bathysphere after facing Marth.

Minerva and the Squad. They don't attack us on this map, just scare us to death with flying around lol. Whitewing's Personal skill is - you guessed it - Triangle attack!

Well, that makes sense.

PPaOI9x.png

Hmm...Hitrate without Weapon triangle stuff or Rank bonuses could be a problem.

Please be good Bantu

i9A2Mgc.png

Also Navarre going full crit i see!

Makes more sense than Arthur getting it.

On 9/9/2023 at 10:05 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

12x: beat the map in 14 turns, OR have one of Midia, Boah, Tomas, Dolph, or Macellan die in 14 turns (either one).

Tight enough I'd think, but maybe the Fates mechanics changes that.

20x: kill Camus, OR, DO NOT recruit Lorenz, (killing him off after recruitment doesn't work).

So Camus has to die then?

Well I hope you don't kill Lorenz then all things considered.

ab4clDj.png

I don't have Caeda...Which means i will have to win without killing him or you guys will lose a unit...I will try xD

OOOFF

0pSSSnd.png

That's a cool skill

gC11GWM.png

Eh

Thanks for the Dual Katana tho

Caeser could be solid eventually, if this skill gets to be active often.

RIP Radd.

vVx3FKn.png

Huh, that's a nice way of keeping skills in this game.

(Is there a shop between maps?)

eFOKLZi.png
OMG

This guy is going to be a mainstay in this army.

Almost worth benching Drauis to be safe.

13 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ixbSERw.png

I really have to figure out who's the next sacrificed encounter, going to impact my choices for Elesa for sure.

13 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hoping that's better now!

It is.

@Newtype06

Spoiler
On 9/1/2023 at 3:42 AM, Newtype06 said:

hXscQ2Qd_o.png

Can't think of enough cases where Liquid Ooze would be very useful personally, so Clear Body seems the better choice to my mind.

vYX14dOI_o.png

Guts is a tad risky, but this line can take the damage.

Buy a few repels from the store. Then make sure you have a level 19 as your primary pokemon, get to the garden and activate your repels while in the dark grass. Now walk around in the dark grass and if done properly you should have a close to 100% chance of everything being a Eevee.

It worked. Just about. I almost ran out without getting any encounters.

Bold of you to assume that you will get there in the first place. Remember, the run is over if I wipe to Wattson, and the chance of that happening is greater than zero.

My chances of wiping to Cheren was greater than zero with how it went.

You can do it!

I have a plan

https://i.imgur.com/tIV5HCe.gif

It's not Electrike tho

Oooh, mystery.

On 9/5/2023 at 11:47 PM, Newtype06 said:

nVYZtKbr_o.png

They'll argue Aqua paid to get in and are causing no scenes..... so far.

Truly, they are desperate and need the money.

qIessHvG_o.png

The Grunts here are more interested in the exhibits than battling with you, but we do get something from the guy we beat earlier.

The scenes of him giving the player thief.

bhvzr6Z3_o.pngUYuSYQDV_o.png

LMAOOOOOOOOO

That is a worrying sign about the quality of Team Aqua's goons.

5f83981d50c66.jpg

What's this from?

cOuk34RY_o.pngTwXrfav6_o.png

Okay what mod is this?

GMEpJlKo_o.png

This is going to be us in the future

So, you're doing contests while I do the filming?

lWQ8loml_o.png

🚨🚨TEEHEE ALERT🚨🚨

The Teeheegnal!

*rushes out window

L8O0n8d8_o.png

The contest is easily won, with Nelson emerging victorious

The competition wasn't even close.

JAWOYpfE_o.png

I will never play this ever again

Oh phew, guess not.

moTJWRRO_o.pngsQWts93C_o.png

There we are, the answer. Eviolite is useless though? That sucks man.

(Also, you got a Electrike with Lightning Rod, lol.)

@Eltosian Kadath

Spoiler
On 9/2/2023 at 10:57 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

It is debatable, Ghost and Dark are almost identical offensively, so it feels more like only losing one weakness (only pokes with no other option would bother with both type moves), and those types tend not to be a major threat offensively, whereas Fairy were a major threat on the scene as soon as they arrived, so outside of the Psychic-Steel types, it didn't seem like as large of loss for the gain.

Fair enough.

They should have had a scene like the one Zephia has, where she seems like she might recognize Alear, before Alear says they are the divine dragon, to dispell the thought.

Probably.

Don't kid yourself, the obligatory Whismur encounter is lucky to find use as a sack pokemon in most Nuzlockes.

Oh, I know Exploud isn't amazing or anything......

Yeah, I can't defend it too hard.

AIL4fc-yGVnEWm8jQWvJ6Rl-54xnf2tIL6Enygc3

She really had to jinx it like that didn't she.

It's moments like this that cemented her as never playable without mods.

I even let it choose its own death on enemy phase

AIL4fc-2MktqeMYDFMF7j_qgJMpXqo6fqWlwox9s

And it chose Bouchey's hammer.

It was big and Bouchy, I'd be surprised if they didn't.

AIL4fc_EfxllMxznK3ldcHfcUncKBD49o-wLiUtm

Now for the last loot from the chest, a little bourgeois brat.

I suppose she didn't expect to be the first unit in the series to be gotten from a chest.

Bourgeois, how apt a descriptor.

AIL4fc_4C8qsF2Ih3dt11LFl3lx027Wicvjj3UId

I hope so, but you are worryingly low level, and I have heard you really want to reclass her to a magic class ASAP, but I haven't unlocked any Second Seals yet, so that will have to wait.

People seemed to defend Warrior Anna with Radiant Bow if I recall Engage discourse.

AIL4fc8oP0TUpuqtBaOciSN02QLCgQ-4OTCCPDKB

...3% of crit death is a bit spicy, but she does live it.

Least she didn't.

AIL4fc8e6qwrBT55SQyiUOX6OQzgeYYt5B8xOead

...miss the kill.

AIL4fc_K3acN2ekZLsEmYNX1--faWXfg2L82Yf8g

MISS AGAIN....for the love of Lumera you little brat, I have trapped this little thing like a fish in a barrel...

Anna clearly doesn't want to fight with performance like this.

AIL4fc9aZjrFnJa01A0HcpNZ8tamvXzJpJwBdEfJ

And Framme just managed to reach promotion level, and another great little levelup at that.

Framme getting ready to box Sombron's ears.

AIL4fc-LN5DfaGe-m8YaprcP3i99350-a5Iwadf6

As that is a dangerously large crit rate, but I was never punished. I was just so irritated by her repeated misses that I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have, speaking of which

AIL4fc98soZhFIowH1jQm2BOeWfBx2yN8eQo_lIj

She missed right there AGAIN, so I have to get the kill on player phase. This is what I get for coddling her, and not giving her that trial by fire in that first chapter.

Hard to blame you, she's really bad at this.

AIL4fc9h6oR6eokQgg0jro_U-c31pS2d4xu_g-Q5

LOL, nope, its all natural 😛

I mean (Spoilers)

Spoiler

Not in practice

On 9/4/2023 at 12:53 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

AIL4fc82AA_5yCnQSWUIa-wH7H1n7nde9ZPvVylL

I do also use most of my Arena unses getting TeeHee this solid level, so they don't lose as much experience points when I

Promote them. It just made the most sense on an ironman like this.

I get it, Internal level being the only impact on experience and all.

AIL4fc_CkAi8MzIxFsRqf64JPmfelKNCToHg5ty3

As the Brodians are giving us as warm a welcome as the US police force.

How the right wants their border patrol

AIL4fc-6roHIdCIF_vowRnfDCMcJkNeU2V16q5ZQ

We see the most ridiculous apology in existence.

Alcryst would win the Gold for performance in apology, by being completely sincere in apologising for being there.

TeeHee, you were almost filled with holes...

But he wasn't is what he'd say.

And now we meet one of my least favorite playable characters. Not that I don't like her design, and sense of fashion, but the first support she has with TeeHee was enough to convince me never to field her again. Cuteness is not a replacement for a personality, and the annoying brat we see here is what is under that candy finish. Hopefully we don't have enough deaths that I have to end up using her.

Hortensia; a character who's fittingly annoying.

AIL4fc-Qucu6_B_YQJgoEzV59Uk7D-tGpA0qj8nW

It is strange to be getting such basic tutorialization as don't expose your mages and archers, as late as this into the game.

Considering Alcryst is in front there I believe it.

AIL4fc-VCQpW17o5z6qlSuqLZDum6YOnX4fOxzmU

And yet that 1 exp was exactly enough to get her another OK level.

MISStress Anna indeed.

I am way more proud than I should be about legitimately using a smash weapon, for its smash effect here, because

AIL4fc-9EKYyWnSJLGU7cprW7byzcTd46nAk0jDr

it pushed this cav just into range of a Riderbane kill from Alfred.

WOO SMASH STRATS

Alas we don't get her ring yet, and she escapes to disappoint her father another day.

That sounds like Hyacinth's default though.

AIL4fc_pDZaViaiGvDl4uCqD2zAMMZ-anAyQUOeB

The damage to that bridge is rather reminiscent of Mekkah's bridge...I am almost surprised they didn't bring that gimmick back.

It's a surprise it wasn't explicitly referring to that bridge, I was expecting more like that from Engage for a while.

One of those I am denied is the America bird.

AIL4fc_t3TEuOjMkiVCAMzTn83Aci0SwE8Kj0O_C

You on being denied the birb.

On 9/9/2023 at 12:49 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

AIL4fc9my1bsYaAhFqZ2Ias8TmF27M3pgjk6HRzp

Even speedier...yeah Anna is just too funny to bench...for now.

Warrior Anna confirmed?

AIL4fc_cu26NlpFhVm8RDn0H_ld3I-kUjerR7O9o

And Citrinne is rocking those gold rimmed sunglasses, and gold embroidered crimson.

Peak Citrinne fashion.

If she could wear it to battle she'd have 100% crit with the Slay effect.

AIL4fc9Nybu6qILC-AW6eN-wiLpm_n3E0bfe3s4q

The change to these sunglasses almost gives little Clanne a secret agent look to him 😛

Clanne and Framme forming the Elyosian MIB to protect Alear from future Sombrons

But with a donation to Brodia for more animal "adoptions", our fashion addiction leaves us basically broke, with only fiddy g to our names

Left with 50g total.

Fashion is killer on your wallet.

AIL4fc-gVjX45Etnf0MeGwpQ9KTp12wmXiNCqLZy

And both Diamant's erratic behavior, and the extremely present low self esteem and/or imposter syndrome of Alcryst is treated very... delicately... by their father, like this soft comment on Alcryst's issues here. Morion walks a fine line, where he is a good enough father to recognize his children's issues, but too uncomfortable with emotions to fully engage with them.

Morion, good father, foolish king?

Now the queen being missing sucks.

In another instance of what feels like the writers shying away from an interesting idea, we never really see this demon side of his come out, despite being told about it.

If Corrupted Morion had been less Shouty monster and aggressive but cogent, cunning and fierce that could have been nice. His charging later on just makes him look foolish.

Take our SOULS...Really Ivy?

She's really playing the bit.

AIL4fc9VPMOTSIdDJICmxJofPv1RS-FWNhd2LFAH

Oh no, did Hortensia have a crush on us like Goldmary?

I mean, 14 year old being "this be cute" is one thing.

Ivy takinge her at her word is another. A concerning one.

...huh, I guess Framme became a better fighter than I thought will all those insane levelups of hers.

AIL4fc_XdkgJ5HQNz84sX6iLYUyOV8fB3O-lb7dS

And it just keeps getting better, doesn't it.

Framme is insisting on being in your party

I might have to insist on benching her to keep Frain safer.

AIL4fc_9V4cg0yKQeN0s79q18cRWKkJau8wA8zmO

...How did I get to the point that fighting with Framme legitimately seems like a good idea?

She kept getting attacking stats.

AIL4fc-9DYxKV9h74zmxzJwRLtyD_h-L3SGyxxdo

With enemy Lief's power protecting Louis from enemy phase magic, Louis can get some very easy chip without a super, and this is enough that I think I can squeeze more exp from those last reinforcements before the end.

I keep thinking Loui's hit is always a concern, yet here he is at 83%.

Sure, no WTD on it but still.

AIL4fc_ZH3h0NPmRfGIXJOfXa6_X1KHLfVlMyGgj

so they can show a fancy animation for all the emblems...even the ones blatantly neglected by IS, like my boy Lief here.

I'm disappointed you didn't go for the t-pose stance all of them do.

AIL4fc8-v9Amj2lTvovH_bBZKwrE47zR854--dwK

It is interesting how positively they frame such a clear instance of toxic masculinity here, where Morion admits he would literally rather die, than be known as a coward. It is such a clear weakness in the man that our enemy are exploiting to make this next arc a tragedy.

I guess I have been talking around how I think Morion is fettered in these emotional discussions by toxic masculinity, but he is overcoming that thanks to the more positive sides of masculinity of trying to be a good father.

He seems to find showing physical strength to be essential to his reign, to the detriment of logic and how others will behave. He pushed Brodia into invasions of Elusia, but wants to at least keep his sons holding the line if it does go wrong. Maybe he has tried to make his children more open to their emotions and possibly not take his approach to these things.

I wonder how much of this was taught to him from his own youth? How much Brodians were told to aggro others? Engage never engages with the question enough.

AIL4fc96yqV28GQJQN_Yj4sxQ8dIJ19UvC-d1188

And reinforce that confidence when it shines through

Morion loves his sons, at least he has that going for him.

On 9/13/2023 at 1:55 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

He has his uses, but he is very clearly the worst of the Emblem Rings. Also I meant it a bit more generally, as an extension of how Leif and Thracia get treated by FEH as well, and with how much inspiration they took from his Genealogy form (in both FEH, and this appearance here), when Thracia had a lot of interesting ideas they could have drawn from.

Leif: left to seem undercooked, but at least he can do easier Wrath-Vantage combos.

Marth is showing us what he truly feels about that, without Caede around to curb his anger. Yeah, that was a tough spot to be in, and poor Goldmary was a unit I ignored last time, and it looks like will remain so this time.

Marth will kill all comers confirmed.

AIL4fc-pbhUgw2dp-HCFUJuexKZbhkh8ba6vEdEp

And I put that new drip to use immediately with an improvement of Bouchy Boy's outfit.

#Bouche Fashion

AIL4fc9HuxkIeWJLlM3G47J3OWYvyhSdduPZ9cPB

Able to go Warrior for the bow access with Lief's help, I now have another bow wielder to better cover Etie moving to the bench.

Promoted Boucheron lessgo

AIL4fc-BL1nuCnRpixD7QiLUFpy7O5Ko33WEV-3o

Especially when it is so obviously a trap that even TeeHee recognizes it. Its like he is going out there intending to die.

Morion = I Moron.

AIL4fc-iva5iUHNs2V5_zHHQJTjqb9yJpEKONeiB

And then he callously tries to sacrifice Ivy quite pointlessly here.

What is with this arc and people doing Suicide by combat?

AIL4fc8Fhpay657ll17W8VhnrU-rEXbUBRFryurf

Alas she hasn't thought of the idea of jumping ship over to our side, but she will come around eventually.

I feel like she wouldn't be willing to go for it at the time because she's fought against them and still can't get over the situation with her dad, wanting his approval even as he only wants Sombron to make invasion easy for him.

AIL4fc-6SPAaC6LzsIUEer667nLpW1rUmmUhwK7Z

Alas, the crit luck is on Jade's side this time around, as she crits one of these enemies on the first turn.

For some reason I'm thinking of Beyond Good and Evil with one of the NPCs saying Bravo Jade.

AIL4fc_kStkkn6VsH0EpHA-97miqdb47pRHm8PxM

On the next turn we finally recruit Jade, although I don't expect to end up using her.

Huh, he does have a convo with her, news to me.

AIL4fc_Z-ody_rnHAJgvrbo8ODNK6OxYQipPmaEj

And he even managed to get a solid enough levelup on his enemy phase slaughter here. Alfred also gets his enemy phase kill on the one health armored knight as well

Low Str still a worry though.

AIL4fc_hMFs6JV1sOO-JHFom9ViPPJOTZG2rq32G

Ivy, this is a linked ironman, doing so would have ramifications on everyone playing. Plus I kind of like your flying magic class

Please don't, I still don't have a full party and won't before Nimbasa at best

But that just encourages TeeHee to brutally tear her argument apart here, by pointing out that se doesn't have the support to pull that off

Brutally point out that her father sent her into just battle intending her to die

And just drives the knife in deeper by pointing out that it wouldn't have even been a meaningful death.

Alear is a savage sometimes.

AIL4fc_mSyHMSnwQfGdMc4Wobtwh4VXQoJOZfQmr

I do wonder when she decided to be a divine dragon worshiper. Just last chapter she was asking to take her "deity's" soul. Did Hyacinth know, is that why he threw her life away so pointlessly?

I mean, Hyacinth doesn't seem to give a shit either way to me. Maybe he could have figured it out but I can't say.

AIL4fc97yEFtVM6TGKhUPE-0fcBf7ER1AYOijmeF

Is that why TeeHee can't transform into a dragon? Did they just need to eat a Sovereign or two to get that power back?

Alear being Fell and Divine made it impossible for him to turn, calling it now.

AIL4fc8qZZyix-8jqKKhGLsrTkdQ7zsXvBg5rRCC

A village of winter festivals? What a strange turn of phrase. It makes me think she is saying she comes from Santa's workshop or something.

Oh the Annas wouldn't work on the toys, that'd be off brand.

Evil Veyle almost breaks through here, when she notices our ring, but she stumbles off before that awkward reveal can occur, and with her disappearing into the snow, we can move on to the next checkpoint, and I have a fair bit of prepwork to get through for that.

Eveyle realised the moment wasn't dramatic enough.

I'll be back on this soon enough.

I procrastinated too much. Without further ado,

ALPHA SAPPHIRE - GYM 3 PART 3

Spoiler

In preparation for the arduous battle against the rival, Mia evolves

8Iy8pS5t_o.png

The plan is to bait his Grovyle after beating his Slugma with Dennis so that Nelson one-shots him with Guts-boosted Wing Attack (with the help of Toxic Spikes).

brdOUua1_o.pngzX1p8ILQ_o.pngQtYELbUZ_o.pngPjbewDhB_o.png

They accomplished more than yours, I guarantee

snpJEYtB_o.pngP6cfp9ME_o.pngKlFcOb0T_o.pngp6TWZ5Ec_o.png

The plan proceeds well at first, but begins to fall apart when Grovyle's Fury Cutter lands on Nelson. Combined with his poison status his HP is almost in the red after defeating Grovyle. Thus, this causes the next Wailmer's AI to choose an attack randomly. I was expecting Wailmer to use the super effective Rollout, so I sent Slappy, but he preferred to use Whirpool, which critted and left Slappy trapped. Unfortunately I couldn't do anything else to save him.

Rbk9KpJu_o.pngbJ1OTScN_o.pngGJ1Nj8hw_o.png0PbOomJs_o.png

yeah-giorno-giovana.gif

Marin made short work of him after that, but the damage was done.

z25EUGnv_o.pngCDuAitdz_o.pngOj27H7Un_o.pngc9VaGjP6_o.png

Yours more than mine

LLQuQtDu_o.pngU96zal9f_o.png

At least we got that. Making our way to Mauville, we met a familiar face right at the entrance

NK7FsTeX_o.pngi8ffbJqB_o.png

How can you tell?

6SmI1DRe_o.pngQ8BKhHWk_o.pngKNG0yDAZ_o.png

Terrible idea, but we'll get more into it

dU7oHo0y_o.pngyWZvtQfp_o.pngO98SMUfd_o.pngGhGxdMu7_o.pngg9ERAGv3_o.png

Listen to him, kid

tLWx2NLg_o.pngTCKkLlz9_o.pngwXgsIP2F_o.png8K0EKsX3_o.png

You sure?

6eXtTaYr_o.pngGhhzL8Uc_o.png

Well that was anticlimactic. Mia one-shotted him with Bite

VY2yRH4Z_o.pngst4Nlp81_o.png

Not really, it is simply a difference in skill

lbzH6CXU_o.pngHq5PNV3Z_o.png

No

Fortunately, after that we receive the HM06 Rock Smash and make the final preparations for the Gym. We get a bike some TMs and Theresa evolves

lzbe3hai_o.pngC2cP2UFF_o.pngTThJeEOn_o.pnghBVn0Ghy_o.png

And last but not least

xLMLroEu_o.pngS7MRkTwV_o.png

We add Nick the Marill to the team! Luckily his ability is Huge Power

Zakl5wp4_o.pnghDW4sf3x_o.png

After that, we finally face the leader

3lPMTfue_o.pngXnjkpDsL_o.pngCdaRqjnQ_o.pngMiOpOLcD_o.png

I put a Cheri Berry on Mia so I could safely two shot the Magnemite with Rock Smash. This baited his Magneton, who after having his attack lowered and being hit by a +1 Draining Kiss, was promptly one-shotted by Theresa's Bulldoze, which swept the rest of his team as well.

3ughI9fm_o.pngsYdLQm6G_o.png9URM8ume_o.png0Fut0AkG_o.pngpCkWzKIy_o.pngvLPFa3NV_o.png

I was worried about this Gym, but it was easier than the battle against the rival

vcY0kpiY_o.pngeKFk6gKk_o.png1JyCVe0l_o.png

I'm sorry.

URwq9JzO_o.pngxVecrezL_o.png

Guts is a tad risky, but this line can take the damage.

OOF 😕

My chances of wiping to Cheren was greater than zero with how it went.

The chances of someone wiping to Cheren are almost always 50%. Challenge Mode Cheren is the only gym leader in the franchise who can consistently wipe you and there is nothing you can do to stop it unless you have Lucario.

What's this from?

Persona 4.

Okay what mod is this?

Mod?

So, you're doing contests while I do the filming?

Only this time around. Also,

Pokestar>>>>>>>>Contests