New Heroes: Ascended Ced & Rearmed Plumeria

Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallelujah, we got a new male Ascended Hero. And he looks like Green Leif, for some reason. Does this mean the normal Ced isn't actually Lewyn's kid lol.

I'm glad that Fee is a sword flier demote instead of a lance flier.

The easiest way to get me interested in a banner that I would not otherwise care for is to add someone with additional mobility effects, and I suppose the new Dance effect granting Charge is just that. I'm still unsure as a whole, but that one skill at least gives this banner a fighting chance.

The rest of the units here - well, I don't know who they are so they'll have to live and die by their kit. For Ced, an Ascended as a cherry on top of a Rearmed banner is always nice but I find him uninteresting to use - special spammer with a bit of DR, zero extra mobility, not really up my alley. Febail has the best art of this batch but his truncated kit on top of the lack of mobility makes him a non-starter for me. And as for Fee, uh, welcome to 2020? The only nice thing I can say is that it's good to get new-gen BST units for every class. That face though...

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

Why is there no mention of an insta-demote?

Emmeryn went completely unmentioned back in the Mirabilis & More trailer.

Surely, this is the same scenario and Patty is the (at the time of writing this) unannounced instant demote.........right?

........I'll just go get some copium for all of us to share, just in case.

This banner's a lot more interesting in terms of skills, infantry pulse teams got an upgrade.

As expected, Plumeria is the I am most interested in, I have about 6 units I'd like to give her time.

While her C skill has me taking a second look at Gatekeeper in particular whose rework I thought split too much between support and offensive use, and I would enjoy it for Valentine's Leo and Cornelia in particular, none of who can use a blue tome. 

I guess I can mull over whether to wait for a more speed focused arcane blue tome or not, may take years.

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Emmeryn went completely unmentioned back in the Mirabilis & More trailer.

Surely, this is the same scenario and Patty is the (at the time of writing this) unannounced instant demote.........right?

........I'll just go get some copium for all of us to share, just in case.

This really better not be the start of a new trend where they just ... don't give us an instant demote to make up for an OC stealing aa spot on the banner.

I'd prefer Coirpre or Lester as the instademote over Patty though, just because Patty's a girl and the former two probably aren't getting preferential treatment even if we held onto them for another banner. (Delmud can make it onto a Thracia banner at least, like Nanna.)

31 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Does this mean the normal Ced isn't actually Lewyn's kid lol.

I think Erinys' Forging Bonds kinda alludes that normal Ced is Lewyn's kid. Silvia mentions it in the S conversation, although she also said it doesn't matter, lol.

6 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

I think Erinys' Forging Bonds kinda alludes that normal Ced is Lewyn's kid. Silvia mentions it in the S conversation, although she also said it doesn't matter, lol.

It was a joke lol

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/03057002001000-2/

Patty actually is a direct demote (and maybe a quest reward, like Emmeryn was). I guess I can put the copium away, then.

Ah yes, IS really be making dumb decisions again when it comes to the instademotes.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Patty. But they could saved her as a secondary banner headliner, especially when characters like Delmud or Coirpre or the Dozel brothers definitely aren't gonna get that honor.

Now that I think about it, if they weren't so stuck on their "themes", they could've also just replaced Fee with a different dude as well, since she's a crappy demote anyway.

Patty is indeed the direct demote character. I wonder why they didn't show it in the trailer, or include it in the announcement? Huh, weird.

Anyway, Gen 2 feels like it's hitting that area of running low on characters now. Oifey is the biggest one left not yet in the game, and you know he likely won't get preferential treatment. I guess Lana could surprise everyone and be a kick-butt staff unit. Ascended Seliph/Lana/Oifey/lady OC/instant demote Lester for the next Gen 2 banner, perhaps?

But that's getting way ahead of things. Way, way ahead.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Ah yes, IS really be making dumb decisions again when it comes to the instademotes.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Patty. But they could saved her as a secondary banner headliner, especially when characters like Delmud or Coirpre or the Dozel brothers definitely aren't gonna get that honor.

Now that I think about it, if they weren't so stuck on their "themes", they could've also just replaced Fee with a different dude as well, since she's a crappy demote anyway.

Yeah, I don't disagree with what you're saying about Patty. 

However, if we aren't getting another Genealogy Gen 2 banner until like 2025, then adding Patty now seems reasonable to me if the alternative was shelving her for years.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I don't disagree with what you're saying about Patty. 

However, if we aren't getting another Genealogy Gen 2 banner until like 2025, then adding Patty now seems reasonable to me if the alternative was shelving her for years.

That is also a completely fair take. Really, I feel like we just don't get enough new characters nowadays, and it's rather frustrating at times.

10 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Patty and her cute hat are present so I'm happy. Also her brother is voiced by Rindo which was a neat surprise. 

WHAT THE FUCK I JUST NOTICED THIS

The Japanese voice actors for Febail and Fee are Junya Enoki (Yuri) and Ai Kayano (Gunnthra) respectively.

So if Yuri and/or Gunnthra show up on a Special Heroes banner sometime in the not-too-distant future, it won't be a surprise especially if it's Yuri because Fodlan is inevitable.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

And he looks like Green Leif, for some reason.

Armor is Jugdral is pretty similar across most of the generic promoted classes.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

My only question is if [Ploy] nullifies only the status effects that grant those effects or if it also counters the weapons and passive skills as well. (Bonus Doubler A and Seal, Unity A skills, Legendary Marth's weapon, Fallen Ike's weapon...)

Based on the wording, it's only the status effects.

Edited by Ice Dragon

And the usual translation notes:

The banner name, "New Heroes, Ascended Ced, & Rearmed Plumeria", is "新英雄&開花セティ&魔器プルメリア" (shin eiyū & kaika seti & maki purumeria), "New Heroes & Blooming Sety & Arcane Weapon Plumeria". As usual, the term for Ascended Heroes is "開花" (kaika), "blooming", and the term for Rearmed Heroes is "魔器" (maki), "magic weapon".

Sety's epithet, "Sage of the Wind", is "風の聖戦士" (kaze no seisenshi), "Crusader of Wind".

Heired Forseti is "継承フォルセティ" (keishō foruseti), "Inheritance Holsety".

Infantry Pulse is "歩行の鼓動" (hokō no kodō), "Infantry Pulse". "歩行" (hokō) literally means "walking", but in context, it refers to units that move on foot, hence "infantry".

Faval's epithet, "Mercenary Waif", is "子供思いの傭兵" (kodomo-omoi no yōhei), "Mercenary With Childish Thoughts".

Heired Yewfelle is "継承イチイバル" (keishō ichiibaru), "Inheritance Ichii-bal".

Spd/Res Hexblade is "速さ魔防の魔刃" (hayasa mabō no majin), "Spd/Res Magic Blade".

Fee's epithet, "Aspiring Knight", is "見習い天馬騎士" (minarai tenba-kishi), "Apprentice Pegasus Knight".

Protection Edge is "守護の剣" (shugo no ken), "Sword of Protection". Because we still can't have "swords" in this game.

Plumeria's epithet, "Rapturous Dream", is "恍惚の夢" (kōkotsu no yume), "Dream of Ecstasy".

Arcane Euphoria is "魔器・恍惚の花" (maki: kōkotsu no hana), "Arcane Weapon: Flower of Ecstasy".

Cloying Dreams is "あまいみつのゆめ" (amai mitsu no yume), "Dreams of Sweet Nectar". The Japanese skill name is a blatantly obvious euphemism. Compare with Sweet Dreams, "あまいゆみ" (amai yume), "sweet dreams". For an unknown reason, all of the fairies' dance skills are written purely phonetically without the use of kanji.

Def/Res Ploy is "守備魔防の謀策" (shubi mabō no inbō), "Def/Res Scheme".

Patty's epithet, "Youthful Thief", is "無邪気な盗賊" (mujaki na tōzoku), "Innocent Thief".

Miasma Dagger is "毒煙の暗器" (dokuen no anki), "Poison Smoke Dagger". As usual, the name of the dagger weapon type, "暗器" (anki), literally translates as "hidden weapon".

Arione's epithet, "Gungnir's Heir", is "天槍を継ぐ者" (tensō o tsugu mono), "The One Who Inherits the Sky Lance". "天槍" (tensō), "sky lance", is Gungnir's epithet..

Heired Gungnir is "継承グングニル" (keishō gunguniru), "Inheritance Gungnir".

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Japanese skill name is a blatantly obvious euphemism.

I... don't get it?

But Plumeria got a new Dream skill just as you said, that's awesome! I'm going to try and get a copy, but I'm more blown away by IS remembering guys can be Ascended too. Congratulations to all the Ced fans out there!

Wow they really took Fee's expression straight out of FE4's era. Also, still trying to wrap my head around Ascended Ced. Like...it's just been so long since we've gotten a male one, it's tough to see this as something that can happen.

Anyway, not pulling, but yay! Travant's son joins in! I wonder how much depth we'll get here, with the whole complexities between Altena (or was this one Altina?) and Travant but also Leif, Cuan and Ethlin. (I don't have super high hopes, but it sure would be nice if that web of relations got explored.) Also, Patty is here, I guess. Still waiting on Dew.

So, yeah, skipping, but at least the story's getting moved forward.

And dang, 1k heroes... That number kind of took me by surprise.

Edit: Why can I only barely remember Febail at all and why did I not remember him AT ALL until someone mentioned that he's Patty's brother; he seems neat.

Edited by Mercakete