why did gba Fe warriors get nerfed

MacLovin

I don't believe that's what anyone is saying. The original statement that is being refuted is "put Ross in any of the GBA games, and he'll do perfectly fine". Ross may fare decently enough to be a "mid tier" character in FE8, but stick him in FE6 hard mode and he probably wouldn't rank that high.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the units on the FE8 tierlist are useless, due to Seth.

Even on the Sethless list, scrubs like Ross and Niemi are 100% superfluous.

On topic, Geitz is the best, although FE6!Bartre is decent too, due to massive strength and bows. Garcia is pretty awesome early on in SS too, and isn't too bad until he stops 2HKO'ing.

The Warriors before them consisted of Jehova, Marty, and Dagda. I don't think using "nerf" to describe this difference is fully in line with the direction time flows.

I'd definitely argue Dagda to be one of the best units in FE5 if you ignore all the staff shenanigans that put every staff user at the top of a hypothetical tier list.

Now, I love using Garcia, but most of his usefulness lategame comes from an early hero promotion. Being a warrior obviously nullifies that. Still, he's definitely not bad at all.

so what your saying is Ross is so Unuseable that he's Still in Mid Tier for the FE8 tier list?

talk about an contradiction.

Ross is in bottom tier on the FE8 tier list. He's firmly in Low on the No-Seth Tier List, which I think is too high (he should be at least below Knoll).

The Warriors before them consisted of Jehova, Marty, and Dagda. I don't think using "nerf" to describe this difference is fully in line with the direction time flows.

Dagda might just be the best Warrior in the series before Boyd and Nolan showed up.

Edited by Mekkah

ah alright my bad then, i'm sure ross deserves his place then(IIRC he wasn't that high in mid tier to start with)

but...i never understood why Vanessa is in top tier, i mean, where do you train her without abusing the tower?

this is less of me being stupid and more of me being uninformed, so i'd like to know.

It's less about training and more about that thing she rides.

but without training, won't she not survive in later stages?

i don't see how she gets stronger due to her awful early game(from what i know of, if i'm wrong please show me why)

I guess i'm not seeing yet how an pegasus alone makes her top tier...then again i'm always more of an combat person

Vanessa is top because she saves turns by riding on a flying horse, and she exists from Chapter 2 on. When Seth doesn't exist, she's pretty important, when Seth does exist, the only thing she has credit to is the Chapter 7 drop, and the rest is shared with Tana.

but without training, won't she not survive in later stages?

There are ways to arrange things so that the unit she drops faces all the EP combat. For details, watch the videos.

And no, she doesn't need to proc much to do well in the desert, for example, as long as you keep her away from the enemy-dense areas (which you're doing anyway with the flier utility: carting thieves around or getting to the weak peggy reinforcements). Things don't get really tough for flier survival until right about when you can start warpskipping.

My experience (lol) from trying to LTC Easy mode/Eirika route (lol) is that Tana and Vanessa are pretty close to interchangeable once Tana arrives, except that you're going to need to pick one to favourite the hell out of (I mean feed boosters to, you obviously don't have time to train) in order to meet three key objectives:

1) Being able to not get 1HKOd by the ballistae in 10A (there's something weird going on with the AI: it seems that if she isn't 1HKOd, she doesn't get targeted any more O_O)

2) Being able to take out That One Bael in 12A without getting pwned by the Gargoyle reinforcements

3) ... Ok, obviously you're going to use the better of the two against those desert peggies

And seriously, with everything else that's going on to make the game so fast, those are the only times you ever need Tana or Vanessa to not suck at anything other than having a pegasus, which it is impossible for them to suck at.

Flyer utility really is that ridiculous because this is a team game. You can give Seth the Swiftsole but that appears fairly late in the game and he'll still "only" have 10 move and not be able to take any shortcuts. Fliers = massive shortcuts (Ch 7 is the most obvious example) in a few key places, plus they can rescue-chain as well as cavs do even if there aren't any shortcuts. The way I have 12A planned out, they shortcut Seth and one of them takes out a unit on a rout map that you'd otherwise have to wait for, for 2-3 turns, because it's literally inaccessible.

----

Yeah, and as General Horace points out, Vanessa is going to be clearly > Tana in a Seth-less run, because of availability and because she can actually gain exp during that extra period of availability. BTW, even without Seth OR Warp/Rescue, 3 fliers (I had 2 promoted but that might not be needed) + Tethys + a manry Myrrh + a bit of planning + a bit of luck enables a 3-turn on Ch 20 in which Myrrh is really the only one that faces a lot of combat.

Edited by zahlman

• 1 month later...

Why are you using Warriors anyways? All of them suck and cannot compare to Berserkers.

Only exception to this would be in games where there is no berserker, or FESD. Berserkers really took the nerf there.

Why are you using Warriors anyways? All of them suck and cannot compare to Berserkers.

This implies that units like Garret and Dozla are even usable. I'll take fucking Garcia and Lot over Dozla and Garret any day of the week. Hawkeye's the only good one and that's because his bases don't actually stink.

Only exception to this would be in games where there is no berserker, or FESD. Berserkers really took the nerf there.

Well, because not all pirates/berserkers are y'now-GOOD

This implies that units like Garret and Dozla are even usable. I'll take fucking Garcia and Lot over Dozla and Garret any day of the week. Hawkeye's the only good one and that's because his bases don't actually stink.

Yeah-the only easy to use ones are Hawkeye, Gonzales, and maybe Ross

Dozla is useable...

Dozla is pretty bad but he has his uses. He can take on a swarm of random enemies with a Killer Axe and OHKO roughly half of them, boosting his durability with a mountain or peak if possible. He can't compare to trained growth units obviously.

Still, talking about Berserkers being oh so superior compared to Warriors is very misleading. Most options in either class are rather subpar units overall...I'd say GBA Berserkers are only barely saved by Hawkeye.