• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Armagon said:

Has some rather......sinister implications, don't you think. What is Nepgya hiding? What does she know that we don't.

Nepgya is secretly the most terrifying video game character.
Would be cool if they actually elaborated on that one of these days. On the other hand, I kinda love how there is no explanation for any of it.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

SPOILER_1588120555904.jpg

Who's that guy in the middle there? Can't say I've ever seen him.
Nope, not familiar at all.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I never played Xenoblade and this is already hype lol

Monolith Soft going all out for this remake. Only way it could've been made even better is if you could individually toggle each song but i'm aware that's asking for a lot.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

398885964979634197.png?v=1

Same.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Nepgya is secretly the most terrifying video game character.
Would be cool if they actually elaborated on that one of these days. On the other hand, I kinda love how there is no explanation for any of it.

I would prefer the latter. She's just there one day, appearing with no explanation.

If you poke your nose where it doesn't belong and try to find out the truth about Nepgya, she assimilates you.

Just now, Armagon said:

I would prefer the latter. She's just there one day, appearing with no explanation.

I'd be fine with both, but I like it as-is, too.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

If you poke your nose where it doesn't belong and try to find out the truth about Nepgya, she assimilates you.

This gives me an idea...

Carefully, you open the door in the dead of night, the squeaking of the hinges louder than you are comfortable with. You look around, anxious, sweat running down your face, as you try to make sure nobody wakes. Confirming that you are still safe, you enter the room. Carefully scanning your surroundings, you slowly take a step. The wooden floor creaks and you jolt up, frantically making sure nobody noticed. You find your goal at the end of the room; an old, lone cabinet covered in dust. Slowly, but surely you make your way towards it, paying close attention to any sound that did not originate from you in any capacity. Your breathing laboured as your hearts beats faster and faster which each step you take.
"Almost there."
As if it was a mantra to gather courage you chant this to yourself in your mind. You reach a trembling hand out for the handle of the drawer. As you grab it, you can feel each individual dust mite biting into your skin. Slowly, you pry it open. It proves difficult, but you manage. Inch by inch, the drawer opens, unveiling the secret you have been looking for all this time. As you peer into the darkness, you suddenly feel it. Your neck hair stands on end, a shiver runs throughout your entire body.
Fear.
It paralyzes you. Holds you right where you are, hand still firmly grasping the drawer's handle. Slowly, you turn your head, ready to face the consequences of your foolish actions.
Holding the cursed sword Gehaburn, she stands there, staring at you. Her wide mouth contorts and a singular phrase hauntingly echoes from her throat.
"Smiiiiiiiiiiiile..."

HStAAg0.jpg

Even though Project X Zone has been around for a while now and I have the second game, I still don't think I've wrapped my head around its existence. Case in point...

DyBW_EQWkAAhG3p?format=jpg&name=large

DyBW_uYWoAE5QSe?format=jpg&name=large

I never thought I would see Phoenix Wright of all people talking about the Monado, but here we are. Though he did fight Galactus once, so maybe it isn't too farfetched.

That's the beauty of crossovers.

It's a bottomless well of potential...

Speaking of Project x Zone, I've yet to finish that game. I reached like... Chapter 10 or so, but I've never gone further.

Can't say I'm really impressed by Cold Steel III yet.

The characters are fine yet, but it starts extremely slow and the soundtrack is really underwhelming so far (though I knew it).

Spending eight hours already and still stuck in chapter 1.

Edited by Falcom Knight

Um, yes.

I didn't want to make public at all since there's nothing really to celebrate.

It was just a usual working day.

Comrades sang a birthday song and that was it basically.

I also received a call by my uncle, but it caused me just anxiety...

Anyways many thanks!

Edited by Falcom Knight

Happy Birthday!

1 hour ago, Falcom Knight said:

Spending eight hours already and still stuck in chapter 1.

once it get's out of school it gets alooooooooooooot better (before you head back to it again)

like, me during field studies: plays 10 hours non-stop

me during school segment: takes up to 5 days to get to next field study

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Has some rather......sinister implications, don't you think. What is Nepgya hiding? What does she know that we don't.

Haha..........yeah.

*Meanwhile at Compile Heart* "What if it was a spin-off"

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Alright, so the Xenoblade music toggle has been confirmed. What's even better is that there are two toggles. You can choose if you want the field and cutscene music to be original or remastered while having the separate option of whether you want the battle music to be original or remastered. So you can play with:

• Original field and cutscene music with remastered battle music 
  • Remastered field and cutscene music with original battle music
  • Both remastered
  • Both original

@lightcosmo gets his wish of keeping the original soundtrack.

And in other news, NoA tweeted out this

EWwG2O0WkAAc60P?format=jpg&name=large

Now.....enhance!

IMG_20200429_095028_1.jpg

There he is, that bastard.

YES! Good quality music is a go now! Wow, they are putting a ton of effort Into this, that's fantastic!

Edited by lightcosmo

Happy birthday from me, too, @Falcom Knight!
Even though the day is almost over.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

like, me during field studies: plays 10 hours non-stop

Shrimpy be like

a93RZSx.jpg

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

me during school segment: takes up to 5 days to get to next field study

Shrimpy be like

XE4vidY.jpg

27 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Shrimpy be like

Reveal hidden contents

a93RZSx.jpg

Shrimpy be like

Reveal hidden contents

XE4vidY.jpg

Honestly, no joke, exactly this xD
like, School part just drags on so much

It's even worse than CS1 cosidering they added 2 Mecha battles to the school loop. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

<.<

It's been five days since i finished Chapter 1 now
I am still at Free day chapter 2 lol

Also Musse Memes still goin strong haha

Edited by Shrimperor

Is it weird how I check the calendar every day to see who's birthday it is?

Also, just wondering, can anyone see either of the photos? I'm trying to figure out how to use google pictures as a photo-hosting website. (There should be one on the left and one on the right)

VtVjOEeFCmu-Ow6e2tUoNPcion3zbd29x632USq35QGazGuqvyVBx709SOygOcyABsKvnbaSeMNokrDbgjVtfMK3QwTGP1_S4WaDWCbDWBm2LR2ZuOz0Mw-SZrAq1A-ioT4DuyalYWTDhte1a-V7XWtqJRQBlZQ6nRD-e5HvXiu0uf-7ZQQK1aPSQaPcqZAyYchCdoEkveMJI8W16ic6HU_0LG8y-kxqQO9ol2qlb4ob0HpQ-VbQFVNCANpET3cn0fc_eww0GZpYpKKKCEjl82S4AuWlXS0qGCncFdAeBwzcG3U-T0Prfhzax7GD_J_u-XXzNXve62dboOSURClHKDTXxrVR65y7_fl_RXW4okHR3RH-0Sy5P1AxQB92KEwQu-SD-4jCPDAL1dutPCUvkUhkix75B159XFznVyiHwXraTguVzbx_58sx7PKahbp2wpndUgHneCfOIhsXkWYuYissVJHy08wrVy5B60thkF9-LvqtAfBzlRJMMakT0uFQZGmM25DYcUdirsOR53u833CRdVsZRNdNsRORA9sHTjrAeXEiztQV-DDlCxVLeFiefFCJiapLWFf82mFXBY6sOc9dpCSBGnL0UH3anxBLdTTKNSbrLGUYrcFYPDLz7lVIUGJjiqCAFKyMQE0JfZsYfLfUx9bh4d4iDFbivBxt-Itt8XFx7ZQqdzPxyR1d=w948-h632-no

MvdjOS-kOR2VdTLUtN-cqmwzXo6Ee-1PwW_v70r5q2eIRGQTuVgQaqRs3p91Zz9JQ2uHSKneqPpAQinYBrRz1se6tv2r1OUDGq1rBMVkGQdIFpyy4yOErFXmtr6KOkUlriYHoHkkIv3tHsMmCiwFdPr2YOZcPoN1dwYx-DyJzZ6Li0y4STlHtsSJ2HUMKJFiVrkF68V1i8c8SdgfJ0oR_fDV41s7Rydx9mYZIT-M7XdEFgUUP_tIKlrK4TkFDeCDTE1x0PVC5a8k8usnoZLnlFzfVlIfECY9gEm5lOpLJLV6S_t619LHSHc38zEmDXTYj4xZ1ih3d-Ecbg2C345Sfn-XCPXUxOVa_tr1ThasE7zRuAw1Jcx71eOOYh5D2l1aJoF-JaWEypn_Hzm90xNxnmfdWKNCGKXyTp4uJgp-bpmlOXpndR-rOhezISbiZXUPDzFmC5Py8OH3hNV_JiDHUncI8YireSYkJILv1DJCBgm30zRLWNHhDt6i1uVjsdn7Y-llKv7j9_VKha0RDGzn-AipOTSD6aJQCVrfEZ_xtP1DfccjJrLwdn_qB3hJ70XkKYO2YF_FOnbepfdXseDQivVVrnfhdQD2-nqY2LvVPdfeklqw_6oXPq1j3vLcMO21yCwKFsZNQJTtSjC8SSreb2nP8N4yPw-WRucxNozjDY_UJuNtcb0cp0z_quuU=w240-h160-no

Are them not being leveled a mistake or intended?

---

So, finally begun DQV today. Oh boy, oh boy. Although I only played just a little bit. Up to Whealbrock.

Although I'd say, every time I see it, I'm kinda semi-confused with Sancho's script. Like, okay, I've long known he's a Sancho Panza reference most likely, with the name, his portly appearance, and his connection to Pankraz (who is definitely not a Quijote, however), so I get it that localization took it a step further and make him talk with actual Spanish words here and there (not a name change, though, he's still Sancho in Japan iirc). I'm fine with that. What I don't get is the other... peculiarity. Like, there's a lot of usage of e's. Like, a word like inside is instead shown as "eenside", and I'm like... but it's still the same pronunciation, right? How will that matter on a written text? I don't know... the rest is fine, though.

Also, seeing that little scene with the Briscolettis on the ship does makes me wish they had done more. Well, they already added that scene itself, since it wasn't in the original SNES, but it's still so little compared to Bianca. Ah well... that's where the fans can step in instead. Not that I've actually seen someone do it. A shame.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

This gives me an idea...

Carefully, you open the door in the dead of night, the squeaking of the hinges louder than you are comfortable with. You look around, anxious, sweat running down your face, as you try to make sure nobody wakes. Confirming that you are still safe, you enter the room. Carefully scanning your surroundings, you slowly take a step. The wooden floor creaks and you jolt up, frantically making sure nobody noticed. You find your goal at the end of the room; an old, lone cabinet covered in dust. Slowly, but surely you make your way towards it, paying close attention to any sound that did not originate from you in any capacity. Your breathing laboured as your hearts beats faster and faster which each step you take.
"Almost there."
As if it was a mantra to gather courage you chant this to yourself in your mind. You reach a trembling hand out for the handle of the drawer. As you grab it, you can feel each individual dust mite biting into your skin. Slowly, you pry it open. It proves difficult, but you manage. Inch by inch, the drawer opens, unveiling the secret you have been looking for all this time. As you peer into the darkness, you suddenly feel it. Your neck hair stands on end, a shiver runs throughout your entire body.
Fear.
It paralyzes you. Holds you right where you are, hand still firmly grasping the drawer's handle. Slowly, you turn your head, ready to face the consequences of your foolish actions.
Holding the cursed sword Gehaburn, she stands there, staring at you. Her wide mouth contorts and a singular phrase hauntingly echoes from her throat.
"Smiiiiiiiiiiiile..."

Reveal hidden contents

Lesson of the day: never mess with Nepgya. 

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Even though Project X Zone has been around for a while now and I have the second game, I still don't think I've wrapped my head around its existence. Case in point...

DyBW_EQWkAAhG3p?format=jpg&name=large

DyBW_uYWoAE5QSe?format=jpg&name=large

I never thought I would see Phoenix Wright of all people talking about the Monado, but here we are. Though he did fight Galactus once, so maybe it isn't too farfetched.

This image sums up PXZ 2 the most.

It's also the image that is used the most out of context.

I was never too interested in the first PXZ (never played it btw) but i've always wanted to play the second one simply because of the Xeno and Fire Emblem representation.

@Falcom Knight happy birthday!

Yooooo

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah, so i'm now convinced that Future Connected will have a similar length to Torna (15-20 hours for main story at least). They wouldn't make a new battle system if it was only gonna be like 5 hours long.

Maybe this also means that the Bionis Shoulder is bigger than what was left over on the Wii. I mean, we've already seen new segments to it that weren't there before.

@Interdimensional Observer @Lightchao42 @lightcosmo thoughts?

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Yooooo

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah, so i'm now convinced that Future Connected will have a similar length to Torna (15-20 hours for main story at least). They wouldn't make a new battle system if it was only gonna be like 5 hours long.

Maybe this also means that the Bionis Shoulder is bigger than what was left over on the Wii. I mean, we've already seen new segments to it that weren't there before.

@Interdimensional Observer @Lightchao42 @lightcosmo thoughts?

It's good to see that Future Connected will have a sizable amount of content, and I'm not surprised that the Bionis Shoulder will be expanded on if it's a full campaign. Being as long as Torna would be pretty good. Does "help from the Nopons" mean they aren't full party members? If so, is there a third character or is it just Shulk and Melia? What will the new battle system be? Things are getting curiouser and curiouser...

Looking more closely, I'm pretty sure that the High Entia in the rightmost image is Tyrea. Her fate was left open in the main game so it's not too unexpected for her role to be expanded on. Maybe she'll be the third party member?

Edited by Lightchao42

53 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Can't we get Monolith to work on FE4 remake?

Man, if Monolith Soft made an FE4 remake, it'd actually be good.

Alright jokes aside, i am curious to see what a Monolith Soft-helmed Fire Emblem game would be like. They did work on the Project X Zone games so they do have some SRPG experience.

Maybe i'm a little bit biased but in terms of visuals and story, a Monolith Soft Fire Emblem game has the potential to be the best in the series at both of those things. Gameplay, i'm less sure on (because Monolith Soft doesn't do turn-based that much), though i'd imagine it'd still be great.

39 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Being as long as Torna would be pretty good. Does "help from the Nopons" mean they aren't full party members? If so, is there a third character or is it just Shulk and Melia? What will the new battle system be? Things are getting curiouser and curiouser...

Looking more closely, I'm pretty sure that the High Entia in the rightmost image is Tyrea. Her fate was left open in the main game so it's not too unexpected for her role to be expanded on. Maybe she'll be the third party member?

Hmmm. If Tyrea is a playable character (would be nice, seeing as how she really wasn't that important in the main story), i think she might actually be the fifth. Here's my theory: Future Connected will have five party members, of which four can be active at any time. Xenoblade X also let you have four party members at a time so there's precedent. The reason i think Future Connected will have four active party members is because there is one screenshot with Shulk, Melia, and the two Nopon.

Also, i think "help from the Nopons" is refering to that screenshot where Shulk is standing in front of a bunch of Nopons. Not too sure what's going on there though. Maybe it's just from a cutscene.

Edit: yep

IMG_20200429_190801.jpg?width=494&height

Yeah, i'm really intrigued now, since she was pretty much just a minor character in the main story.

Edited by Armagon

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Man, if Monolith Soft made an FE4 remake, it'd actually be good.

Alright jokes aside, i am curious to see what a Monolith Soft-helmed Fire Emblem game would be like. They did work on the Project X Zone games so they do have some SRPG experience.

Maybe i'm a little bit biased but in terms of visuals and story, a Monolith Soft Fire Emblem game has the potential to be the best in the series at both of those things. Gameplay, i'm less sure on (because Monolith Soft doesn't do turn-based that much), though i'd imagine it'd still be great.

Maybe if they want to revive that old idea they had after Radiant Dawn.

Ss_fewii_screenshot_01.png

Where there would be explorable field maps? Sounds like Monolith Soft's alley to design, heh.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe if they want to revive that old idea they had after Radiant Dawn.

Ss_fewii_screenshot_01.png

Where there would be explorable field maps? Sounds like Monolith Soft's alley to design, heh.

It would but (and i'm aware we don't know much as it was a canceled project) but size of that explorable field map would be way too small for Monolith Soft standards (i'm going off the minimap). If Monolith were to take that canceled Wii game and rework it, the fields would be a lot bigger. Maybe not Xenoblade-sized but bigger than the usual JRPG's field maps.