Foot soldiers vs. Mounted knights

Galenforcer

Since I don't play for LTC (yet), I genereally use both. However, in chapters that require you to rush (i.e. FE6 Chapters 8 and 11A), I lean towards mounted units for the extra Move. (Then again, everyone does for those chapters.)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find something romantic about the perfection of fighting footwork, possibly because I'm biased by martial arts. Horses are cool too, but the idea of a master fighter predicting attacks and blunting or moving around them interests me more than the horse rider simply going NOPE and riding away.

In fact other than fliers, the only way I'd favor a unit over horsies is if FE introduces a war elephant cavalry mountbiggrin.gif

That'd be interesting. Then they'd really have to consider trample as a skill. Or shove then canto. Where the shove did damage.

I use whichever I particularly feel like. Sometimes I gravitate more to one side or the other, depending on how I want to go through the playthrough.

Edited by Dave Strider

I tend to have a mixture of both, though I'm rather distainful of overuse of mounted units because of how much LTC crap pushes them.

"Oh no, another playstyle favours a certain kind of unit! SHUNNED FOREVER"

Seriously, is that your ONLY reason?

"Oh no, another playstyle favours a certain kind of unit! SHUNNED FOREVER"

Seriously, is that your ONLY reason?

Because it's totally not annoying at all to have everyone going on about how mounted units are "objectively better" and shit because of that?

Also "Oh no, another persons dislikes things for reasons I don't agree with! SHUNNED FOREVER"

Because it's totally not annoying at all to have everyone going on about how mounted units are "objectively better" and shit because of that?

It's not annoying, actually, it's just true. And no one goes on about it unless people make ridiculous claims to the contrary.

Like you and Furret can ignore what I say?

Seriously, he really didn't need to bring anything up about it, it just seemed like a random attempt to start a shitstorm.

I was just saying that your reasoning for it was ridiculous :/

...okay perhaps it was slightly unnecessary

Even so!

I was just saying that your reasoning for it was ridiculous :/

...okay perhaps it was slightly unnecessary

Even so!

If we were going to worry about that, his reasoning was anti LTCers to begin with so he'd be the one causing the storm. I mean, seriously, calling it "LTC crap"? Hello?

If we were going to worry about that, his reasoning was anti LTCers to begin with so he'd be the one causing the storm. I mean, seriously, calling it "LTC crap"? Hello?

That's not necessarily derogative. Like if I say, "interesting shit bro" on an art topic, that has positive connotations, at least to me. I'm not saying Kirby was praising LTC, but that could just be his pronoun type thing for "stuff".

Edited by deranger

That's not necessarily derogative. Like if I say, "interesting shit bro" on an art topic, that has positive connotations, at least to me. I'm not saying Kirby was praising LTC, but that could just be his pronoun type thing for "stuff".

If Crash were a complete stranger, you might have a point. He isn't.

Nope. There's no need to flame me just because you don't like my reasons. AT ALL.

Nope. There's no need to flame me just because you don't like my reasons. AT ALL.

Your posts tend to be highly provocative. Which is fine, but don't deny it and try to make other people out to be villains just because they take your bait.