Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

Henry. The better of the game's default dark mages in my opinion, if only because Tharja's reclass options are lol-worthy and the RNG has never, ever favored her in my games. Ever.

At least Henry's speed is fixable if he spends some time in the Trickster class - hand him a sword (his strength is fairly good for a mage) and he's good to go (and Recuse abuse), plus Lucky Seven and Acrobat are wonderful for him to have if you make him a perma-Dark Knight. Also, Henry has a far better Skill growth, his accuracy doesn't fucking suck to the point where I have to reclass into the game's worst class set to make you hit 80% of the game and he can take more hits than her. Yup. Far better.

7/10 unbiased, 8/10 biased because this IS my Avatar's in-game husband we're talking about here.

Gonna steal this, incuding the Bias, (Official FeMu's Husbando ahoy !)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry...

Pros:

* Durable Dark Knight.

* Bases allow him to double unpromoted enemies on his starting chapter with Sumia and a Speed Tonic, while Ruin can let him attack far stronger enemies with the potential to snuff them out, thanks to Henry's natural crit chance.

* Support options are downright superior to Tharja, giving him everything he wants to fix (Speed, Resistance). A Dark Flier pair-up also mutually benefits the Dark Flier on the magic side as well.

* Better Magic and weapon rank than Tharja for most of the game, much better Skill, and also better Defense, Hp, and Luck, and Dark Flier pair up gives him the edge in Resistance as well, and evens out the Speed advantage Tharja has over him.

* Speed growth is on the high side.

* Training phase can be ended in as little as two chapters.

* Can use Nosferatu in his training phase to much better effect than Tharja.

* Midgame is fantastic once trained, while lategame is great.

* Can support with Sumia, and is Sumia's best lategame Support.

Cons:

* Joins latter than Tharja.

* Speed will be a problem that must be fixed with Tonics and a Support, though this is more because of his base, and not his growth (which is good enough to last him the whole game).

* Your army may be finalized by the time Henry comes around.

* Nosferatu is required to make his training phase go smoothly in the second Chapter you take him to, whether it's an early-game paralogue or Chapter 14.

Henry joins latter than his female counterpart, but he can end up better than her, getting the Supports he wants with the units (Dark Flier units) he wants. Having the ability to use Nosferatu smooths out his training phase and the Speed needed to get him up on par with the rest. Once he does, and is promoted to Dark Knight, he starts giving back his investment with gusto, and paired up with a Dark Flier, he can surpass an Anna!Tharja pair-up in just about everything except Speed (which can be evened out a little with a Speed Tonic thereafter, and made into an advantage with a Speedwing) and keep his lead in Magic. Not to mention that he will be fantastic throughout Valm, doubling and damaging the majority of enemy units for a lot of damage thanks to the enemies' lol Resistance and his high Magic. Lategame, he will perform similiar to Tharja, just with higher Defense, lower Speed, and better overall Support options. What strikes against him are the fact that he comes fairly latter than Tharja and his Speed base when starting out, but he's able to make up for both.

Rating: 7/10 (8/10 with bias because he humours me, and has some of the most awesome lines in the game!)

Henry's disadvantages are his late join time for a unit and his initial Speed. However, his advantages are how downright powerful he becomes with the right supports, how fast he can reach that point, how beneficial he is to his Support partner (particularly if it's Sumia), and the not-at-all non-existent ability to surpass Tharja and be the better unit as a whole. All in all, he can be a pretty good unit, and be a sound investment, if you let him.

Hmm, I'm having a tough time seeing Henry on equal footing with the likes of Anna and Fred here.

Henry's speed isn't awful to fix, but he really, really wants DF!Sumia to be in play and open for a support, as well as whatever speedwings you have, and tonics as well. There's some good news for Henry, too - dark magic. Nosferatu is great for getting him EXP as it lets you dump him somewhere and tank, while Ruin is helpful for maximizing his ORKO chance. Once he promotes, he becomes basically an invincible ORKO machine, like much of the cast, but doing so with 8 MOV or while giving Sumia MAG/DEF and +1 MOV is pretty sweet. Unfortunately, he doesn't really do anything too unique to make up for his cost, so I'm giving him...

5/10 He's neutral. But he amuses me, so 6/10 with bias.

Edited by Rewjeo

3/10

His stats aren't good for the time he joins, and his speed is the worst offender of this; doubled by Myrmidons and easily 2RKOed in his join chapter. Not much help in combat at all for a while until you've dedicated yourself to using him and give him a lot of attention. But with so many better options on the table, sadly, there isn't much reason to.

+1 bias because he's Henry, and I shouldn't have to explain that. 4/10

EDIT: Nah, that's the same score I gave Nowi. Henry is definitely a point better than that. 4/10 +1 bias = 5/10

Edited by Inference

Nah, that's the same score I gave Nowi.

Can't tell if that's intentional or not

Henry's pretty good, but his speed absolutely cripples him. The upside to this is support options with Sumia, which can offset that speed issue. He's definitely going to be eating a lot of speedwings, though.

His other stats aren't a problem, with his skill laughing in the face of Tharja's. His reclass options are okay at best, with Thief being the only one you would want to go to for Movement+1 and Lucky 7, maybe.

I give Henry a 5.5/10 with +1 bias for 6.5/10.

Edited by Melonhead

Henry joins in a little underleveled, but with that Ruin tome and the stupid crit he gets from it, he'll probably catch up if you're training him. He lacks speed, but not so much that it cripples him completely.

I find him a lot better than Tharja. His speed is really the only thing that I tend to find lower than Tharja's, and while his reclass options are pretty much just as bad (with the exception of Trickster where he can utilise healing and Levin Swords), he gets a better skill choice out of them. Tharja, Luna and Pavise is nice, but your alternate classes have no use of magic, and the archer line sucks. Meanwhile, Henry can acquire Wrath, Acrobat/Lucky Seven (the former works great with Dark Knight), Lethality and Pass. While Luna is more useful than most of these, it's clear Henry is more versatile in his skillset.

He also has good skill, which works great with Ruin tomes, and is in sharp contrast to Tharja's butt-awful skill. I actually find Henry comparable to Cherche when it comes to base class effectiveness (although in base classes Henry has 5% more speed growth), because he does wonders in turning enemies into mincemeat there, but his reclassing options are not suited for him (though better and one of them is saveable). Aside from that, the only stat that might get screwed is speed, but if Cherche's 50% growth in speed is fast enough to double, then so is Henry's 55%.

Henry gets a 7.8/10 for me, though if it's bias it's 8.8/10 for being my favorite character in the game, with his detailed if slightly complex backstory, his amusing harrow optimism and HIS GODAMN PUNS PLEASE TEACH ME MORE OF THESE PUNS

(look I couldn't decide between 7.75 and 8 ok)

Edited by The Fush

Henry is pretty much Ricken a lot of chapters later. His spd isn't unsalvageable at this point, but it's still pretty terrible for awhile. Dark Knight Henry is pretty cool though.

3.5/10 +1 bias because Henry 4.5/10

Henry is pretty much Ricken a lot of chapters later. His spd isn't unsalvageable at this point, but it's still pretty terrible for awhile. Dark Knight Henry is pretty cool though.

I'll use this instead, but keep it at a 3.5/10. I've been playing FE13 this morning, and I realize he isn't that great at what he does.

Though Berserker!Henry is strangely amazing.

Henry

+ Dark Magic

+ Good defense, skill

+ Thief gets him some decent skills, Barbs can help with his speed (but at the sake of his magic)

- Last of the marriage candidates to arrive means he may not get an S partner or even a spot in the army

- Low speed, resistance

- Magic is kinda slow to grow in my experience, even though he does like getting criticals so it's not a huge issue

6/10 above average, +1 bias cause he's cute and his supports are cute 7/10

nobias steal

Henry's start is typically hated on by a lot of people. I don't understand why though. He joins leveling fast and has very good bases for his level (14 magic, 15 skill, 13 defense) (barring speed ofc). His growths are better than Tharja's (like everywhere that matters because he can start doubling after a few levels) and he makes a better Dark Knight than her as well. He also has great ability as a supporter because Dark Mage gives magic and defense (I like supporting him with Valkyries).

I'll give him a 8/10 because his only cons are his base speed and his late join. +1 bias just becaws

Henry. The better of the game's default dark mages in my opinion, if only because Tharja's reclass options are lol-worthy and the RNG has never, ever favored her in my games. Ever.

At least Henry's speed is fixable if he spends some time in the Trickster class - hand him a sword (his strength is fairly good for a mage) and he's good to go (and Recuse abuse), plus Lucky Seven and Acrobat are wonderful for him to have if you make him a perma-Dark Knight. Also, Henry has a far better Skill growth, his accuracy doesn't fucking suck to the point where I have to reclass into the game's worst class set to make you hit 80% of the game and he can take more hits than her. Yup. Far better.

7/10 unbiased, 8/10 biased because this IS my Avatar's in-game husband we're talking about here.

Agreed. Including the bias :D Love himmm

That Speed is near unfixable. He needs a partner who won't want to switch in order to reasonably function, and doesn't even start out good, though he'll grow into good durability.

4/10

Oh im not too late for Henry!

YAY!

Pros:

"IM GONNA KILL YOU!"

Nosferatu use.

Badass magic base.

"SPECIAL DELIVERY!"

Decent luck stat to help with the Ruin.

Good support pool.

Cons:
Base speed is smelly.

Reclass options are smellier.

Henry has potential to be your tankiest magic user. He hits really hard. Sadly, hes got a problem with his base speed. Oi. Fixing that is not exactly easy either because his reclass options blow. Dread Fighter helps Henry loads in this department... But hes gonna be critting junk right out of the box with that Ruin tome. That thing is awesome. Henry will want a speed partner and hes got a lot of peeps to choose from there. I rarely reclass him outside of DF due to me really liking him using dark magic. DK Henry, i dont really recall very well, but he isnt terribad there. Gets tankier. But loses Nosferatu use D:

6.5/10.

7.5/10 out of bias because i adore this guy with every ounce of my being. He and Virion are my absolute faves.

Day 27: Lucina

We can do it the like this:

*List every parent and give them separate ratings which will be averaged into the final score.

though that could get problematic for the other kids...but those are for later. It works for Lucina I think, due to Chrom's limited supports.

Anyway, henry got a 5.39 unbiased and 6.01 biased.

EDIT; We could also just assume their best realistic pairing and go from there...*scratches head*

Edited by Peekayell

Day 27: Lucina

We can do it the like this:

*List every parent and give them separate ratings which will be averaged into the final score.

though that could get problematic for the other kids...but those are for later. It works for Lucina I think, due to Chrom's limited supports.

Anyway, henry got a 5.39 unbiased and 6.01 biased.

No, the parent changes the child completely.

You need to keep the scores separate depending on the parent.

No, the parent changes the child completely.

You need to keep the scores separate depending on the parent.

But, that could get really messy...

Rating Children are messy, as there are multiple ways to create the Children, especially because the Avatar exists with variable stats.

Edit:

EDIT; We could also just assume their best realistic pairing and go from there...*scratches head*

That's always going to end up being the Avatar then.

Edited by Ƶerker

My suggestion was to only rate viable parents. Whether we decide as a whole, you impose a set or everyone does who they want.

I still think that that's our best bet.

I'm rating Lucina on how I want to rate Lucina.

Depending on who her mother is, she can either have fairly high stats (Sully, Sumia, and Female!Avatar, IMO, would be her best mothers in that case.), pretty average stats (Maribelle at least has a decent time at gaining EXP.), or pretty lame stats (Olivia and Maiden. Bleh.). Still, she comes with Aether no matter what, and that's pretty sweet. Depending on how her mother fared, she can potentially have Galeforce or another rad skill.

She grows really fast, and if you did it right and she has pretty great stats, she'll potentially outdo her father and become an even better lord. The Parallel Falchion rocks as well, since it's an infinite use forged silver sword that hits hard and makes wyvern cry.

I don't use her often, but when I do, she's pretty awesome. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a paralogue to potentially train in, but hey. And she comes a bit late, too, but the next few chapters are pretty easy to rake up kills. Plus, kid paralogues.

7/10

EDIT: Though this might be a bit too high. She's pretty good, though, and is definitely one of the better kids.

Edited by Zeem

I'm also rating Lucina on how I want to rate Lucina

she has a pretty good prf, and ok bases (usually) and auto aether is pretty bro, but being swordlocked for a while in Valm is kind of shitty, and she'll never really be a competant magic user. Mediocre unit all around really. Obviously any kid of the avatar is going to be really good, so I'm going to assume nobody but Morgan is getting that luxury.

5-1 bias boring character zzzzz 4/10

Edited by General Horace

Lucina (ugh...)

Overall notes; she has the Cavalier tree to train other weapon ranks because her main problem is having a mediocre starter weapon (swords have no ranged option and are typically weaker (you all knew that though)). She has Aether no matter what which helps her out despite having no reliability. Other than that I can't really think of much.

w/Sumia;

+Pegasus Tree for Galeforce

+Massive speed base and growth

-Bad defense

-Bad strength (compared to a few of the mothers)

6/10

w/Sully;

+Wyvern Tree for tankyish flying

+Ability to inherit Discipline for quick weapon ranks after class change or promotion

+Second highest defense out of Lucina's mothers (hypothetically)

-Again defense

7/10

w/Maribelle;

+Balanced I guess...

+She can go to a healing class and rescue spam I guess...?

-Terrible base stats and growth is mediocre since Chrom is purely physical and Maribelle... isn't

-Did I mention her bad stats?

4/10

w/Olivia

+Pretty great growths tbh

+Peggy Tree

-Bases

5/10

w/Maiden

Should be obv

3/10

w/Avatar

+VETERAN

+ANY RECLASS YOU WANT
+DEM BASES
8/10

There you go. Might change around things... I think my Olivia is a bit high but I can't put her on par with Maribelle imo...