Fire Emblem Confessions~

I ended up using AR codes to give myself ALL THE STAT BOOSTERS for Tiki and Marth to finish it because the game is what I would consider not good. I honestly wonder how people can actually say they ENJOY playing it.

I've only played through Awakening once because I realized how boring it really is after the first few chapters. the avatar should never be a thing again

I despise how Radiant Dawn is split up into to parts because it just completely screws over like half the cast and you just end up using Haar, Elincia, all the Royals and Greil Mercs anyway because why bother investing in anyone else.

I haven't played any Fire Emblem game that hasn't been released outside Japan because I just don't want to bother shoddy translations until Nintendo comes up with their own official shoddy translations for the games if they ever decide they want to remake or just release a game for the 10 billionth time.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't beaten FEs 1, 2 or 5.

I didn't find FE10HM difficult. I however got stuck at FE8HM EphCh11.

I like Sheema.

I have an unhealthy obsession with Peg Knights.

Edited by Topazd255

I like playing on the easiest modes. Sure, I'm probably capable of beating (and probably have in some games) the harder modes, but I like stomping through the enemies.

I like playing on the easiest modes. Sure, I'm probably capable of beating (and probably have in some games) the harder modes, but I like stomping through the enemies.

I agree with this.

.I find Female Avatar (FE 13) cute. :p

I agree with this too.

Never played FE1-5 unfortunately.

FE6 + 7:

• playing the Elibe-series at the moment, cannot say anything yet

FE8:

• chapter 11 in Ephraim's route on the ship against the monsters was difficult for me
  • Ephraim and Tana are amazing
  • I would say hard mode is harder than FE9 hard mode, because the enemies have stats unlike in EM/HM

FE9:

• too easy without maniac mode. However I really enjoy the story and gameplay
  • never used prepromoted units except for Titania and Shinon in the very beginning
  • Nephenee and Mist always suck in my runs, Mia and Oscar sometimes too
  • many physical units have ridiculous high magic growths for some reasons

FE10:

• never used Meg except on EM
  • never used Fiona at all
  • never used Boyd, Ilyana and Aran on HM
  • never needed to use Laura on EM
  • never used Sothe in part 4 because he's terrible mainly his speed
  • I ALWAYS use Leonardo
  • don't use prepromoted units either in part 1 except for Zihark on HM
  • Mist is even worse than in 9
  • always use Rolf instead of Shinon in the endgame
  • I absolute hate the final map in part 1!
  • Jill > Haar
  • Ilyana (if I use her) > Soren and Micky
  • my favourite FE part, because it includes best game mechanics; however removing weapon triangle in HM was a bad idea

Only two ladies always content about being #1 in FE9 and FE10: Jill and Marcia

FE11:

• never played higher difficulty than on H3
  • never used prepromoted units
  • on EM in the prologue I always sacrifice Jagen
  • never had access to the sidechapters except for the chapter with Nagi, because I don't sacrifice my units
  • don't reclass at all
  • archers suck
  • one run completed in only one day (9 hours)
  • most of my units get terrible level ups
  • Whitewings and Caeda FTW!
  • my least favourite FE part, because it's too short and the characters too generic

FE12:

• played the JP version, had to watch a LP first to get all the information about this game
  • never played higher than on H2
  • never completed the extrachapters (they're intense!)
  • never used prepromoted units
  • don't reclass at all
  • had trouble in the sidechapter with Katarina
  • seems to be the hardest FE game on harder difficuties
  • once more again: Whitewings and Caeda FTW!

FE13:

• never completed lunatic +, stucked in chapter 3
  • don't use Frederick except on lunatic
  • don't use Virion at all
  • didn't buy all the DLCs except for Marth (for free)
  • only use the "second generation" for the final maps and sidechapters
  • Severa and Gerome are always my best units
  • story and gameplay bored me to replay this part
Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

i have a ridiculous grinding addiction. if a fe game offers any vaguely simple way to level grind, i will do it ad nauseum until my fingers bleed. needless to say, 2, 8 and 13 are the biggest victims of my compulsive grinding

I found the three Pegasus Knight sisters on the final chapter on FE4 ridiculously hard to beat on my first playthrough. I finally managed to beat them, but with a sacrifice: Aless/Ares

I got up to chapter 5 on Shadow Dragon then stopped, as I found it pretty boring. Ogma died on I think chapter 4

I always use Matthew over Legault on HHM

Not sure if this is a bad thing or not, but I did Priam's entire paralogue with just Nowi+Stahl

I have not played FE5 because I'm scared.

I bring Wolt to the Endgame of FE6.

I pump Sophia with Secret Shop Stat boosts to make her useable.

I consider Roy good.

I consider Eliwood superior to Lyn and Lyn superior to Hector.

I prefer Erk to Pent.

I like using Ewan and Amelia.

I think Ross is bad.

Eirika>Ephraim

Rolf is my favorite unit in FE9.

And my favorite beorc unit in FE10.

Micaiah is good.

I warpskip the final chapter of FE11.

I grow bored of FE13 every time I try replaying it.

I like Nowi.

My first FE playthrough ever was in Path of Radiance and I only used Ike, Soren and Titania.

I thought Soren was overpowered.

^ I played Easy Mode.

I replayed FE10 around 30 times before I joined SF.

I didn't like Shadow Dragon in my very first playthrough because characters barely grew.

Shadow Dragon grew on me on subsequent playthroughs.

I beat H5 the first time with Gen Wolf.

I used to grind heavily in FE8 before joining SF.

I used Nosferatu in my first FE13 Lunatic playthrough to cheese the game.

I BEXP units in FE10 prep screens to .99 and rig their first level all the time. Aside from the map saves, this is the only rig I just can't resist.

I have a love/hate relationship with FE13. Sometimes I hate it, sometimes I don't.

I once tried to rig an Elincia Stun on FE10 2-E's Ludveck...little did I know that her bio played a part on her proc chances and she only had 1% of stunning him.

Edited by PKgone

I used to never use Raven in FE7

I denounce arena abuse, but do it all the time

I always use the mine glitch to get through Ch14 on Hector Hard mode

I love pairing Hector with Florina maybe too much

I hate using Oswin

I've never recruited Karla in the maybe 10 playthroughs of FE7 I've done.

I hate recruiting Shinon again in FE9 and usually kill him.

I always choose to escape when facing the Black Knight in FE9, have never beaten him

I think the fixed mode is totally useless

I've never beaten FE10 on any mode other than easy, but I've almost finished a normal run, just haven't gotten around to it in months

I actually like the Dawn Brigade chapters the most

I tell people I've beaten H5 mode in FE11, but in reality, I always die in the alleyway to Medeus on the final chapter

I hate Olivia

Edited by rhaynes

I use Deke everytime I play FE6

I've never made an effort to use Dorcas because he's boring compared to Bartre (or anyone for that matter)

I didn't know Geitz existed because I never use Lyn

Thought Garcia was trash until I used him...he's probably in my top 3 favorite units for FE8 now

The plot for FE9 bores me

Didn't use BEXP my first couple of playthroughs on FE10 because I thought it was broken

Thought Boyd was trash until I used him in a draft.

I never use any of the laguz besides Tibarn or The Herons

Never forged weapons in FE11 because I thought they costed too much.

If I play EM, I kill Gordin because I'm a jerk.

I think reclassing ruins Fire Emblem

- I haven't ever used Lewyn!Ced in FE4. I've always used Lewyn!Arthur, or haven't paired Lewyn x Ferry.

- I haven't ever finished FE6 HM without using Marcus at least once. I know it's possible and rather easy, but I lack the patience.

- I don't have the patience to train Allen and Lance, so I use Noah instead.

- FE7 HHM bores me. I am more amused even by FE11 because it at least offers me Warpskip and reclass, which are fun mechanics.

- I haven't ever recruited Geitz.

- I don't like Ike's unit performance in FE9, and I believe he's really overrated by the fandom.

- I haven't ever defeated the Black Knight, nor recruited Nasir. Kind of wasted time for me.

- I haven't ever defeated Ashnard without Resolve. Nor do I plan to because I don't have the patience.

- I like Nowi as a character in FE13, but I find her design to be atrocious.

- I haven't ever felt the need to use Nosferatu in Lunatic, and I find the weapon to be inmensely overrated.

the first time i played fe (fe11) i lost literally my whole army but marth and two others (athena and horace)

i thought units like Guy and Geitz were midchapter bosses the first time i played fe7

when i first started drafting i'd always wait for someone else to start so I could try to beat their turncounts so I could win, I'm actually a sore loser.

Xator Nova hasn't accepted my FB Friend request, never deploying him again

I refuse to take FE1-6 and FE12 seriously until NoA makes an official English translation. I just assume that they aren't good enough to get released in the states, and thus, they're not good enough to warrant my time. Wow i'm horrible

I think BEXP is terrible

I can't stand Cynthia

I took Wallace to endgame in my first FE7 run

I rarely, if ever, get supports in GBA games, because I will never have the energy or devotion to complete a support log

Edited by Sara.

in my first fe7 playthrough i didn't realize vaida was recruitable and thought lloyd was, resulting in me attempting to face a moving lloyd and vaida at the same time with very bad units

i also don't think i remembered vulneraries existed after lyn mode ended

• Thracia 776 would have been my favorite video game of all time if it was polished enough.

I also tried out said game before Radiant Dawn was released in North America.

I have yet to play through New Mystery.

I have tried Shadow Dragon, but I got bored very quickly of it. It looks like the same could be true of me regarding Awakening, despite getting through that game further, and despite wanting to like it (I even changed my favorite FE from Thracia to Awakening for a short bit)

I have been playing Fire Emblem for almost 10 years.

I would have liked Radiant Dawn's Hard Mode, except that viewable enemy range and the triangles were removed.

Despite liking her since I first played Sacred Stones in the summer of 2005, Tana actually didn't become my top favorite FE character until early 2008. Before that, it was Marcia when I first borrowed Path of Radiance from a friend in 2005. Before her, I had no top favorites.

Lara is no longer my top favorite character from Thracia 776.

I don't hate any classes.

On a reverse note, I do like the Pegasus Knights much more than any other class. I always use at least one in every playthrough, if one is available to use.

I played FE7 so much back in high school that my Calculus grade dipped down to as low as the 30s in a progress report because I wasn't doing my homework for that class (addictions lol). That was a wake up call and I got my act together and thankfully, I eventually passed the course.

Edited by BLS

I didn't like Shadow Dragon in my very first playthrough because characters barely grew.

I BEXP units in FE10 prep screens to .99 and rig their first level all the time. Aside from the map saves, this is the only rig I just can't resist.

I have a love/hate relationship with FE13. Sometimes I hate it, sometimes I don't.

I once tried to rig an Elincia Stun on FE10 2-E's Ludveck...little did I know that her bio played a part on her proc chances and she only had 1% of stunning him.

So much this:

I didn't like FE11 mostly because characters had low growths at a time I loved growth units so much #Est

BEXPing units to .99EXP is pretty much a habit for drafting and good level ups.

I love FE13 at times, but totally hate it because I want to have my units get the most (if not all) skills upon reclassing/promotion via DLC but can't buy DLC and have to get used to average units RAEG screw FE13, srsly.

Rigged an Elincia Crossbow dodge in HM to LTC 2-E, So scrub.

Apart from the above mentioned:

Arena abused like hell always, and stomped the games (FE6, 7, 8 and 11).

Rigged level ups even if unneeded for the sake of seeing green numbers. Capped Klein.

Killed Shinon in my first FE9 playthrough.

Thought Angelic Robe was a weapon for Serra hahahahahahah omg.

Full trained Ests.

Played FE12 in japanese and enjoyed it with its gameplay and units, despite I knew a shit about plot or dialogue.

Before joining SF, I totally wasted hundreds of turns in arena, grinding, supports and casual play.

I've only done 3 casual plays of RD, after them, all of my clears are because of drafting.

-I find both HHM and FE8's HM harder than FE10's HM. I don't know why, but FE10's HM was way easier for me than people said it would be, while the other two give me trouble in some chapters while everyone says they're easy hard modes.

-Even though I've beaten HHM many times, I still have a lot of trouble with some chapters, like the one in which Isadora joins. I can't beat that chapter with less than 10 tries lol

-The first time I played Fe4, I ragequitted because a brigand reached a village in the other side of the map, and only returned to it 3 months later.

-FE12 is boring. Really boring. I CAN'T play that game. Shadow Dragon is waaaaaaaay better. Every time I see Kris's and Katarina's faces I get the urge to punch something.

Edited by Valesca Popozuda

I have a lot and maybe even more to come if I can think of anything else

-Beaten FE 13 Lunatic with Donnel as my savior

-I usually use a lot of myreidrons

-Arena abuse

-I hate Marcus and the only good jeigans are Titania and Seth (Frederick too)

-I haven't played Any FE outside of FE 7-9 plus 13 (though I want to)

-I have been 1% CRITED once and got 1% crits 10 times

-Save states

-Couldn't get past Chapter 2 of Lunatic+ (RIP my sanity)

-I am enraged too easily

-I have the best Ross ever