Pokémon20 QotD - #6 - What's your favorite Poké Ball?

solrocknroll

I guess I can make this into basically a general Pokemon20 topic.

Who's your absolute favorite Pokemon?

My favorite is probably Blastoise. The memories tho. I was upset when Squirtle was cut for Smash Wii U/3DS.

I also enjoy Ampharos, Altaria, Leavanny, Scolipede, and Lucario a lot.

Edited by Miss Kira

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keldeo! Used to be Rapidash, but when I first saw Keldeo, I couldn't help but say "omg, he's SO CUTE!!" And I also have a bias towards equines/horses. :P Keldeo, Rapidash, and Zebstrika are my top 3.

Also, here's this year's schedule. I actually have it down in my calendar and notes on my phone.

All Months - 1st - 24th

February - Mew

March - Celebi

April - Jirachi

May - Darkrai

June - Manaphy

July - Shaymin

August - Arceus

September - Victini

October - Keldeo

November - Genesect

December - Meloetta

Mew, Darkrai, Arceus, and Genesect are gotten from GameStop codes ala Diancie. The others are through Wi-Fi.

Every Mythical Pokemon will be getting a plush and a TCG box with a figure, a Full Art card, and some booster packs for next year's Generations expansions. Of note is that Deoxys is confirmed to be no longer a Mythical Pokemon anymore and that Shaymin, Mew, and especially Manaphy haven't been given away anywhere for a while. You can get them with any Gen VI game.

(yes Ana go buy a Keldeo plush)

Edited by Miss Kira

You...you can't force me to choose one! You just can't! It's impossible for me!

There's so many I like!

Greninja

Empoleon

Samurott

Slowking

Ludicolo

Gardevoir

Lapras

Altaria

Driblim

Starmie

Absol

Vaporeon,

But I aslo love the pre-evolutions of all of them

Huh, more than half of this list includes Water types, who would have thought it?

I honestly can't choose just one. Top 10 (in no particular order): Metagross, Aggron, Greninja, Lugia, Sceptile, Charizard, Abomasnow, Gengar, Absol, and Salamence.

All Months - 1st - 24th

February - Mew

March - Celebi

April - Jirachi

May - Darkrai

June - Manaphy

July - Shaymin

August - Arceus

September - Victini

October - Keldeo

November - Genesect

December - Meloetta

Thanks for this. Looks like it's time to dust off Alpha Sapphire. Edited by Griffonite

Fucking Lucario. Gen 5 made me go from loving him to adoring him when I got a LV 75 Lucario via negotiations in a trade on White and I started messing with him a bit in battles. Not only his design looks slick and part of him is based on egyptian myhology, but this thing can hit well and hard with it's many moves and really great stats. I started using him in every game since and not a single other Pokemon could come close to top him. Also he is the protagonist of my favorite of the anime movies so yeah, instant win. And really, I could go on about more awesome details he has, even at the point on doing a favorite list just to explain more but for now, know this. He is my absolute favorite and from the looks of it, he isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. Oh and Riolu is pretty cute as well.

Runner ups

2-Garchomp

3-Infernape

4-Rayquaza (my previous favorite before Gen 4)

5-Samurott

6-Ampharos

7-Delphox

8-Tyrantrum

9-Ho-oh

10-Jolteon

11-Yveltal

12-Chandelure

13-Espeon

14-Swampert

15-Electivire

Jolteon. I learned to love that little guy during my attempts to conquer Poke Cup in Pokemon Stadium. Along with Starmie, it was the backbone of my team.

Speaking of which, there is also Starmie itself. Starmie can do basically anything. Ice, Thunder, Psycho, healing, confusion... you name it. And to top it all of, it was one of the fastest Pokemon of Gen 1.

I also learned to adore Ivysaur through Brawl. It was utterly adorably awesome there. It's like the only time in Smash were I actually like the performance of one of the few German voice actors. (why does Lucario even have a German voice actor? It doesn't say it's own name and even if it did, it wouldn't matter since it has the same name everywhere)

Aaaanyway, I'm also rather fond of Dragonite since it's just so adorable.

Edited by BrightBow

Spoilered because giant image of CUTE BEAR!

teddiursa_by_skittystrawberries-d6cvclx.

I'm always a sucker for the cute ones.

/disappoint

> thought you would keep the legacy of the BIDOOF

My favorite is definitely Gardevoir. The moment I saw Ralts in Sapphire by earlygame I said "hey this weirdo looks not like a silly normal pokemon like Ratatta and might be pretty good, white, green and red horn seems like it should be ghost or some mystic stuff" and when I knew it was Psychic I definitely called it my fave. I'm a fan of Psychic types and Gardevoir is a mon I've always had since Gen III: in Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Pearl/Platinum, XD: Gale of Darkness, Y and Alpha Sapphire. And now that it is Fairy type and blasts Dragons its much better! So happy Gardevoir made it to Pokken!

Btw, is the monthly legendary diatribution not exclusively for Japan? I read it was Japan exclusive. Is it also a NA event?

Who's your favorite character?

I love Misty. Love love love Misty. I also really like Cilan, Iris, and the entire Kalos cast.

Ingame, I really like Lance and Falkner.

From Mystery Dungeon, I really really like Wigglytuff, Ampharos, and Quagsire.

I remember seeing toys back when the show was first getting started and liking the way the Pokemon looked. That's probably how I got into it, and Smash Bros. helped. I can't remember exactly.

I don't think I have just one favorite Pokemon. Snorlax, Charizard, Blastoise, Feraligatr, Krookodile, Mightyena, Nidoking, Dragonite, Raticate...those are some of my favorites.

I don't know who my favorite character is. I mean, I guess I kinda like everyone equally. As for the show, I always liked Misty and James, but again everyone was pretty equal to me.

My favorite pokémon as to be Eevee. Cute, can be either male or female (even thought they are more males for some reasons), can evolve into various evolutions and I can safely said that this is the only gen 1 pokémon (except pikachu, of course) that has been in every single region in the anime.

My favorite has to be Misty too (Serena is really close). When I was little, I had no female protagonist in both the tv or in the book until I watched a few episodes of the anime. She's not exactly the protagonist but still.

Edited by Nym

Game wise it has to be N or Silver both characters I like both of their personal backstories.

Anime wise it's Paul for being the only rival that Ash has had that made him question his own training methods.

Favorite characters would be Steven since he was a wonderful champion and he got interesting as you progressed through the story as you met him. Same goes for Cynthia. For the anime, it's definitely the Team Rocket Trio.

Question 4 - What's your favorite spinoff?

There are a ton of excellent spinoffs. I really like the Stadium games, Snap, PokePark, the Shadow duology, and Mystery Dungeon.

I also like Battle Revolution. I enjoyed character customisation.

Oh, and I unironically love Pokemon Channel. Never played Hey You, but Channel is a game I'd be willing to LP tbh

Edited by Miss Kira

Hmm, spinoff huh, I had tons of fun with Stadium and Mystery Dungeon so I'm gonna go with those.

Although Snap was my first N64 game so I do have some memories with it, and I do have quite a bit of fond memories of Colliseum and XD partly based off the fact that they are based on the more deserty areas of Arizona. My home state.

Edited by Jedi