Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmao Garfield.

The circus seal might learn Teeter Dance, idk.

"First the movie short, then TV, and now this!"

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

People keep calling Popplio a seal when, if you look at a picture of one, it's not a seal at all. It's a sea lion. I can't link anything on this computer I'm using, but just look up a picture of a seal and a sea lion and compare them.

People keep calling Popplio a seal when, if you look at a picture of one, it's not a seal at all. It's a sea lion. I can't link anything on this computer I'm using, but just look up a picture of a seal and a sea lion and compare them.

kthnx

maybe it's a sea lion that'll evolve into a seal. Screw logic!

#TeamLitten #TeamMoon

I don't particularly like the other two starters, but at least one has to be good enough, I assume. Still a far-fetch from Charmander, though.

Due to my pace of progression in Fire Emblem, I might just start Pokemon Moon and finishing Fates when they come out on the 20th of May in Europe.

Truth be told, Water Mage, I do want to think Popplio is cute. But it has a resemblance to a clown and I have culrophobia (fear of clowns), sooo...

I will really not like it if it keeps looking clownish as it evolves. Which it probably will. ._.

I just hope it can actually grow on me over time like Oshawott did (I initially didn't like it either because I thought it also had clown features). Same with the other starters, really.

Truth be told, Water Mage, I do want to think Popplio is cute. But it has a resemblance to a clown and I have culrophobia (fear of clowns), sooo...

I will really not like it if it keeps looking clownish as it evolves. Which it probably will. ._.

I just hope it can actually grow on me over time like Oshawott did (I initially didn't like it either because I thought it also had clown features). Same with the other starters, really.

Oh, don't worry, I'm not asking anyone to love Popplio, I'm only trying to stop the shit Popplio is getting.

Popplio is getting an unreasonable amout of hate and it's getting kind of ridiculous.

Oh, don't worry, I'm not asking anyone to love Popplio, I'm only trying to stop the shit Popplio is getting.

Popplio is getting an unreasonable amout of hate and it's getting kind of ridiculous.

Oh, I understand that. And I can definitely believe you there, even here hardly anyone is giving the little guy any love. I actually feel bad for it despite being a little scared of it.

Edited by Anacybele

I like it more than Rowlet, but I want as few people to choose Popplio as possible because type effectiveness.

Some people believe Popplio will be able to learn Ice type moves. As if Water starters being able to learn them was a new thing. :/

Squirtle, Totodile, and Piplup say hi.

Edited by Anacybele

Water types get Ice moves often, so unless this winds up like Keldeo and can't learn the Ice Beam TM for some reason, I don't have many doubts it'll get an Ice type attack of some kind.

And Popplio is cute imo. But it's competing with a kitten and one of the cutest bird pokémon ever created, so yeah.

You know, I encountered an interesting theory that the island could be Mallorca, not Oahu.

Not sure on this. Considering previous things, it does like it is meant to be Oahu...

It's called the Aloha region, and there's two guys named Kukui and Hala. All signs point to Hawaii.

Eclipse, are that any places in Hawaii that could have Ice-types?

Sorry if I'm bothering you, but I'm just really curious to hear the opinion of someone who lives there. Must be an interesting feeling to have a region in Pokemon based on where you live.

Yep! Would be on top of a giant mountain, though (Haleakala, Mauna Loa, or Mauna Kea). I'm placing bets on Mauna Kea, due to the telescope there.

It is interesting, and I want to see how accurate they make things. Like, they somehow got Diamond Head right (even if that crater is brown for most of the year).

Looking at the map of the region, you can only see 3 Pokemon Centers: one in the Honolulu City, one across the road from the blue roof building in the south, and one on the north end.

This seems to be the first time since Route 9 that PokeCenters aren't tied to cities. But why would there be so few of them?

The state of Hawaii is several different islands. Oahu's the most populous one, but hardly the most interesting!

Hawaii's known for its monk seals. Hence why I thought it was a sorry attempt at one.

---

The only other island I could make any half-informed comment on is Kauai - generally a slower pace than Oahu, but it's really pretty! I'll leave Maui for Naui, if he feels like chiming in. All I remember of Maui are the humpback whales and a scary landing.

I can already see it now Ana

316.jpg

I hope this becomes a meme

he's in the sewer because he's the Bulbasaur of the tiro

anyways I usually go with water type so Popplio will be my starter

Edited by Captain Karnage

It's called the Aloha region, and there's two guys named Kukui and Hala. All signs point to Hawaii.

I think the point that link is trying to make is that Alola could be geographically close to Kalos, despite Hawaii and France being on literal opposite sides of Earth.

Things I like:

_The owl

_The kitten

_Female protagonist

_Moon legendary pokemon

Things I hate:

_The silly seal

_The generic boring male protagonist

_The generic boring Sun legendary pokemon. It belongs to Digimon, not Pokemon.