Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

You can use Poke Pelago for hatching eggs? Wow, the things you learn.

Speaking of things I don't know, what ways are there to reset EV? I realized my story team Tsareena is jolly and was thinking I would want to EV train it for future use.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard, the only way is to use the EV reducing berries.

You can gather them from the berry tree in the route that is before Mount Hokulani. I think that is guaranteed to drop those berries. After that just farm in a level 3 Isle Aplenny. You get 14 berries per tree.

I have like 200+ of each

I ust learned that synchronize has a glitch in SOS battles.

It synchronizes the nature of the lead pokemon, instead of the synchronize pokemon. So if you start with an admant marowak and switch to a modes synchronize kadabra, the pokemon has a 50% chance of having adamant nature.... This makes so much sense as to why i kept getting brave and adamant Vulpix by chaining... lol

That sounds like it would be useful for cutting down on Synchronize mons.

yes yes indeed.

I found this out from this reddit topic. It seems legit from my experience, although it makes me sad cause i found this out in the middle of chaining a dewpider for a relaxed one :C

Edit: caught one after 53 kills and it is Naughty, the same nature as my decidueye who is the lead. It may not have the nature, but its IV's are best HP, Def, Sp Def, and speed with fantastic attack :D. Chaining is great

Edit2: why doesnt spider web affect Decidueye? Is it a grass type immunity? oh nevm ust looked it up, it is a ghost type immunity

Edited by SlayerX

Pfft. Saw something I never knew about.

"Champ's Quick Claw let it move first!"
"Mimikyu used Shadow Sneak!"
Mimikyu goes first.
Edit: Okay, and now it happened again...only this time, against a Klefki using Draining Kiss. WTF?
Edited by Dai

Shadow Sneak is a move that always goes first no matter what, but I don't know why the Quick Claw would fail against a Klefki...

So, another question again. Does Alolan Grimer evolve the same way regular Grimer does or is there some other requirement now like with Meowth?

Shadow Sneak is a move that always goes first no matter what, but I don't know why the Quick Claw would fail against a Klefki...

So, another question again. Does Alolan Grimer evolve the same way regular Grimer does or is there some other requirement now like with Meowth?

Level thirty-eight, like usual.

As for failing against Klefki, that would be Prankster-but I thought it worked only with non-attacking moves.

What priority rank is Quick Claw? Shadow Sneak is +1, so if Quick Claw is +1 as well, the faster one will go first.

I also believe Quick Claw doesn't allow lower priority moves to go first, so if you used something with lower priority (Counter, Trick Room, Vital Throw, etc.), I believe it retains lower priority, so it would go after Draining Kiss. Again, that depends on your situation.

Could you explain it more?

Edited by Emerson

What priority rank is Quick Claw? Shadow Sneak is +1, so if Quick Claw is +1 as well, the faster one will go first.

I also believe Quick Claw doesn't allow lower priority moves to go first, so if you used something with lower priority (Counter, Trick Room, Vital Throw, etc.), I believe it retains lower priority, so it would go after Draining Kiss. Again, that depends on your situation.

Could you explain it more?

From Bulbapedia

A hold item that gives the holder a 20% chance of going first in its priority bracket and ignores the effects of Trick Room and Stall.

So if I am reading this right, if the move is something like cros-chop, it should win over draining kiss but not over shadow sneak. It could have been the move you used. Did you use moves like Vital-throw which have a negative priority? That would cause Kefki to move first...

Same way as old grimer, according to serebii.

Edited by SlayerX

It was Vital Throw, so that makes sense. XD

Yup, that explains it. It's still -1 Priority.

From Bulbapedia

That doesn't say what Priority level it gives. I already checked both Bulbapedia and Serebii anyways.

EDIT: OH, I get it now. So if it was Vital Throw vs Vital Throw with Quick Claw, which are both -1, the Quick Claw moves first even if its slower, but it would lose to anything with 0 or higher priority.

Edited by Emerson

Speaking of Quick Claws, once an enemy Pokémon's Quick Claw activated... while it was asleep. It stayed asleep, too. I was pretty confused about it.

Speaking of weird occurrences, how often do people get critical captures? I've had three, but I don't remember what the third one was on (maybe a Pyukumuku?). The first two were both on Xurkitrees, but they weren't quite in a row because there was one Beast Ball thrown in between. I don't know what the chances are for that but I assume it's to make up for me never encountering a shiny despite playing Pokémon since Diamond and Pearl...

Edited by Lightchao42

Speaking of weird occurrences, how often do people get critical captures? I've had three, but I don't remember what the third one was on (maybe a Pyukumuku?). The first two were both on Xurkitrees, but they weren't quite in a row because there was one Beast Ball thrown in between. I don't know what the chances are for that but I assume it's to make up for me never encountering a shiny despite playing Pokémon since Diamond and Pearl...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate#Critical_capture

It has a higher chance of happening the more 'mons you capture.

In Sun, where I had caught like 8 Pokemon, I've gotten 1 crit-capture.

In Moon, where I've caught almost everything I have access to at this point, I haven't gotten a single one.

Go figure.

I have had quite a few critical caputres, I even had some near the beginning of the game... guess i was just lucky in that regard. Now i have many more pokemon and i see every now and then

I didn't even know this was possible, but a wild shiny Rufflet has found its way onto my Poke Pelago. I didn't even know you could get shiny Pokemon on your Poke Pelago.

All I have to do now is hope it stays. Which I have not had the best luck in.

I don't think I've ever seen a critical capture. Unless I have and just didn't recognize it.

Also, thanks for the info on the EV reduce berries. Time to update berry island then.

Ever since Gen V, if a PokéBall makes a higher than usual whirring sound when thrown, shakes once in the air, and then does one shake on the ground, it's a Critical Capture, because this improves the shot of capturing significantly.

Yeah, what Glac said.

Shiny Pokemon can visit your Pelago? Cool! I got an Emolga recently from mine. It was the first wild Pokemon to visit it, actually.

I've gotten three critical captures so far, and I've still only gotten 64 different Pokemon. xP I must have good luck here this gen.

I do know what critical capture does, I just meant that I've never had one myself or watched videos of it. Thanks though, both of you.

And cool to know about shinies in the Pelago. Pretty surprising those can appear.

I got a Wingul and a Trevenant from it this far (latter I didn't have yet).

I just caught a Braviary and I'm satisfied with its nature and stats, w00t. It has a neutral nature, but it looks like it has pretty good HP and attack IVs, so I'll go nickname it Ike. <3 (Braviary fights for its friends lol and Fates Ike has crazy HP and strength! Plus Ike is <3)