Least favorite unit in FE per game

TheAstraWolf

I guess it's mostly due to personality that will make me dislike units. Only Sothe in FE9 really takes the prize due to gameplay, but that's more because I pretty much like all the PoR playable cast.

FE6: Fa (I don't like lolis)

FE7: Karel (I actually don't hate him, his emo personality just sorta rubs me the wrong way in FE7)

FE8: Myrrh (I'm just not a fan of loli characters)

FE9: Sothe (Due to gameplay, he's inferior to Volke in every way and can't promote.)

FE10: Sanaki (Due to personality, my least favorite FE character ever, but she wasn't playable in FE9)

FE11: No one really jumps to mind, but few of them have much personality anyway

FE12: Same as 11

FE13: Nowi (Due to personality, second to Sanaki for annoying me. I'm beginning to see a trend.)

FE14: Takumi (For now, we'll see if his emo-ness still bothers me after I've had time to reflect after a while.)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE6: Too many bad units to count

FE7: Florina ( never been a fan of peg knights and they're a pain to raise )

FE8: The recruits

FE9: Rofl/Sothe ( for reasons everyone else stated )

FE10: Sothe ( locked to Endgame and stuck with a mediocre class? gtfo )

Of the games I've played:

FE4: I stopped partway through due to school. Didn't get far enough to make a solid choice.

FE6: There are a lot unfortunately. I can't choose just one.

FE7: I would say Erk because he just goes down hill partway into the game, buuuuut...unlike Bartre, I actually like to use Erk. Bartre, for me anyway, sucks. I always use Dorcas(because he usually does great for me and he's on my team 95% of the time...yes, I use Dart also)! When I did give Bartre a chance, he just didn't match up to Dorcas and didn't do too well...oh well!

FE8: Hmmm...not too sure. A lot of them are good honestly. Surely I'm not forgetting anyo-...oh wait! Moulder!

Yeah, Moulder is pretty meh for me.

FE9: Devdan. Possibly the only character in PoR that I could honestly not care about that much. I don't hate him, but he's outclassed by other superior units(*cough Nephenee cough*) and he isn't that interesting.

FE10: Meg. You can say what you want about Fiona, but at least I can train Fiona much, MUCH easier than Meg(I know a way to train Fiona to level 20 by at least the endgame of Part 1 and she turns out pretty alright). It's so hard to train Meg! Heck, Donnel and Mozu were much easier to train(WITHOUT grinding)! I could complain about Meg in detail, but that would make my post extremely long. I'm just sad how good could have been( a speedy tank), but unfortunately, that didn't happen.

Edit: Oh, and at least Fiona doesn't die after one fight with most enemies!

FE13: Maribelle. Great character, not so great unit. Even as much as I like her, I cannot overlook how bad she is in battle.

FE14(CQ): Honestly, I can't really say yet since I haven't finished the game. However, most of the characters are pretty good.

If I HAD to say someone...maybe Niles, but then again, I think he just got really RNG screwed on my playthrough.

Edited by Busterman64

FE6: Gonzales is alright for when he DOES hit, so I give this one to the 9/10 knight Wendy.

FE8: Ewan, better known as Dracoshield.

FE14RV: Probably Sakura, outclassed by your first servant and Elise(who joins much later yet still manages to be better than her)

FE10: Nearly all non-royal laguz units. They take too much effort to get anywhere, which rubs me the wrong way, and worse yet, the number of good ones is pretty low.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

FE 4: Arden, because in a game that heavily favors mounted units...you are the WORST off.

FE 6: Cath, because you are such a jerk.

FE 7: Vaida, because I dislike NO ONE in 7 so if I absolutely have to pick...

FE 8: Lute, because you flat-out try to murder Knoll, you stuck up little *bleeeeeeeeep*

FE 9: Sothe, if I'm gonna use a non-promoting Thief it may as well be the best one, and that isn't you.

FE 10: Heather, because you have less character development than even freaking FIONA and you are completely redundant thanks to the forced Sothe and better Volke.

FE 11: Every gaiden chapter character, because stop making me kill units on purpose!

FE 12: All the healers you get at the very end of the game, I like them as characters but giving them to me so late is kinda silly.

FE 13: Kjelle, you sexist, hateful, disgusting excuse for a human being.

FE 4: Arden, because in a game that heavily favors mounted units...you are the WORST off.

FE 6: Cath, because you are such a jerk.

FE 7: Vaida, because I dislike NO ONE in 7 so if I absolutely have to pick...

FE 8: Lute, because you flat-out try to murder Knoll, you stuck up little *bleeeeeeeeep*

FE 9: Sothe, if I'm gonna use a non-promoting Thief it may as well be the best one, and that isn't you.

FE 10: Heather, because you have less character development than even freaking FIONA and you are completely redundant thanks to the forced Sothe and better Volke.

FE 11: Every gaiden chapter character, because stop making me kill units on purpose!

FE 12: All the healers you get at the very end of the game, I like them as characters but giving them to me so late is kinda silly.

FE 13: Kjelle, you sexist, hateful, disgusting excuse for a human being.

FE8: Who the hell cares about Knoll lol

FE13: ?

FE1/3/11/12: Matthis because he's a sister murderer come on dude

FE4: Corple but I mean who doesn't hate Corple

FE5: Tanya because she's bad but unlike Marty, she has no meem potential

FE6: Zeiss because his 19 str base as a lvl 7 wyvern rider just confuses the hell out of me

FE7: Rebecca because I hate it when people call bad units good

FE8: Ross because I hate it when people call bad units good

FE9: Geoffrey because we're lead to believe he's important but he doesn't do jack

FE10: Nephenee because she's overrated

FE13: Severa because she's really mean but we are supposed to sympathize with her

FE14: Elise because her offense sucks but everyone keeps telling me it's god tier

FE1/3/11/12: Matthis because he's a sister murderer come on dude

FE4: Corple but I mean who doesn't hate Corple

FE5: Tanya because she's bad but unlike Marty, she has no meem potential

FE6: Zeiss because his 19 str base as a lvl 7 wyvern rider just confuses the hell out of me

FE7: Rebecca because I hate it when people call bad units good

FE8: Ross because I hate it when people call bad units good

FE9: Geoffrey because we're lead to believe he's important but he doesn't do jack

FE10: Nephenee because she's overrated

FE13: Severa because she's really mean but we are supposed to sympathize with her

FE14: Elise because her offense sucks but everyone keeps telling me it's god tier

Er

um

uh

Have you seen Berserkeross around here? Last time I saw him he was chopping up demon kings

Edited by MagicIsOP

The only thing Ross has going for him is that he can actually become useable without grinding in the tower unlike the other trainees, but there isn't any real incentive to use him over Garcia or even Gilliam since they perform similar functions but have better bases, so they don't need any babying to become useable unlike Ross. Garcia and Gilliam aren't even that great either.

FE8: Who the hell cares about Knoll lol

I do. A lot. But I'm easily amused by summoners.

Anyway. . .will give a more serious answer later since the topic changed. For now, least favorite unit in Fates is Azama/Charlotte (depending on the version). Yes, they're great in combat, and yes, I usually regret marrying them off respectively.

Well I have only played FE13 and 14, but I'll put my input on those 2 games anyways. My opinions will be based on just going through the adventure normally without grinding.

13: Brady (why do we get a priest this far into the game???)

14 Birthright: Hayato (they gave us a better diviner stat wise in the chapter before)

14 Conquest: Nyx (I don't know why I tried using her until the endgame. Her stats never grew ;-;)

14 Revelation: Still playing through it

I'd say that "redundant" doesn't work very well as an argument here because bar endgame, Heather, Volke, and Sothe are never playable at the same time (unless you send Heather off to either of the other teams in part 4, that is, but I don't see any good reason to do that).

Well I have only played FE13 and 14, but I'll put my input on those 2 games anyways. My opinions will be based on just going through the adventure normally without grinding.

13: Brady (why do we get a priest this far into the game???)

14 Birthright: Hayato (they gave us a better diviner stat wise in the chapter before)

14 Conquest: Nyx (I don't know why I tried using her until the endgame. Her stats never grew ;-;)

14 Revelation: Still playing through it

A lot of unit in Awakening is balanced around the assumption you will grind for them, and Brady is probably the most notable since he's ridiculously perfect for a Male unit by having Sage and Galeforce Access.

Of course maximization of Male unit in Awakening is as simple as it can get. Male who have Galeforce like Owain and Brady effectively only have 2 out of 5 skillslot.

Edited by JSND

This is a fun topic! For me, there's usually a unit or two I can't touch due to their design / personality, as well as their bad stats. I can put effort into bad units for funsies, but just... can't bring myself to ever use these ones.

4: Arden, Johan/Johalva

5: Halvan

6: Wade/Lott

7: Lowen

8: Innes (I know a lot of people like him, but for some reason I can't stand the sight of him)

9: Devdan

10: Fiona

11: Bord/Cord

12: Bord/Cord (seriously, why would I ever use these guys)

13: Panne

14: Hayato

I also have strong dislike for Miriel and Azama. Their personalities make me shudder with intense dislike, I never want to use them ever.

I'm surprised to see so many people dislike dancers. I guess, yeah, their movement is pretty bad, and they can't take more than one hit. But I am always aching for a dancer when I don't have one. They are too useful for me. Is it just not worth it for others?

Oh her offense is great, her magic growth is obscene and her speed is great, and she'll always be useful due to her skills and healing. It's her skill stat and durability that suck.

Edited by Alastor15243

I'd say that "redundant" doesn't work very well as an argument here because bar endgame, Heather, Volke, and Sothe are never playable at the same time (unless you send Heather off to either of the other teams in part 4, that is, but I don't see any good reason to do that).

That's true, but there's really nothing worth stealing for all the levels where you'd have Heather, and she's outclassed as a fighter by virtually everyone else. I suppose "redundant" isn't really the right word to use (except for Endgame), but *shrugs* eh.

I think it is time to clarify something that is mostly my fault. This is actually a least favorite thread (hence why some of these units are actually least favorites of mine). I shall change the title.

Oh this changes things. Ill get to my revised list in a sec.

And even then, I find Bartre more workable than DORC

Bartre is my bro, but he does need a specific speed proc to work, and it can be a gamble. But the Bartre hate is kinda sad : (

Hey, Isadora's basically a slightly worse Kent that I didn't have to put any EXP into. Plus she's able to use that shiny Silver Sword she joins with right away for lots of damage against basically everything when she joins, and enough speed to double with it and most other Swords for a long time.

Karla's bases are only slightly better than Isadora's, yet she joins 12 chapters later (less if you skip some gaidens). She's also not mounted and doesn't have the ability to use Lances or Axes for WTA (not that Isadora can use most Lances and Axes very well due to her low con, but still, it's an option she has that Karla does not).

I find Isadora performs better than Kent because i didnt have to put effort into her. She may need the Body Ring in the desert, but thats pretty much it. Training cavs in that game is a pain in my ass.

, but there's really nothing worth stealing for all the levels where you'd have Heather

Whatchutalkinbout, bruh. In the chapter where you raid the Begnion camp, theres LOADS to steal and stuff yer gonna want. You get bonus exp for sparing the senators, but they have damn good loot, like that white gem that Ike's team wants. You can have her nab that Energy Drop in 3-5 too.

Anyway, revised to Least Fave List:

FE6: Still Wendy.

FE7: Still Wil and ill throw in Rebecca for good measure.

FE8: Oh man, i still really hate Ewan, but Marisa makes me irrationally angry. Like, i want to punch her face in for being so bad. The fact she had fanboys bothered me because of how bad she was.

FE9: Mia. Omg...i hate her. Shes bad, and i want her to go and stay go.

FE10: Ilyana, please go away.

FE11: I honestly cant remember... :(

FE12: Need to finish this one to make the call.

FE13: Donnel

FE14: Conquest: Nyx is a terrible person and should feel bad. Birthright: Azama can fuck off. Rev: Azama really needs to fuck off.

That's true, but there's really nothing worth stealing for all the levels where you'd have Heather, and she's outclassed as a fighter by virtually everyone else. I suppose "redundant" isn't really the right word to use (except for Endgame), but *shrugs* eh.

I beg to differ - there's those items the Senators have in 3-3, as well as the Energy Drop in 3-5. Also, whatever weapons you can disarm from enemy units. And the Reaper Card, Elixir, and Statue Frag in 3-2, which I sell for the cash to buy a Dracoshield in the bargain bin.

Bartre is my bro, but he does need a specific speed proc to work, and it can be a gamble. But the Bartre hate is kinda sad : (

I don't see what's with this myth that one speed proc fixes Bartre, because it ain't true. Even with it, he's still too slow to double most everything.

I've never done any of that...never needed to. None of it was worth it.

For curiosity's sake, what do you do to get around the money issues that the Mercenaries have? I mean, sure, the Silver Card helps, but you only have it for the one base session in 3-2...

I don't see what's with this myth that one speed proc fixes Bartre, because it ain't true. Even with it, he's still too slow to double most everything.

It lets him double Soldiers, which helps him snowball into more levels and hopefully doubling more things. I wouldn't say it saves him, but rather it's his only shot at maybe becoming useful one day. Basically, if he gets speed on his first level up, he can contribute and has a chance to continue to grow out of his awful speed base; if he doesn't get it on that first level, then don't bother.

I find Isadora performs better than Kent because i didnt have to put effort into her. She may need the Body Ring in the desert, but thats pretty much it. Training cavs in that game is a pain in my ass.

I definitely agree with Isadora being great immediately, especially if you're pouring most of your Lyn Mode EXP into Sain to promote him with the Ch.9 Knight's Crest. Plus, Kent has a habit of always eating a Thunder crit somewhere between Caelin and the Dragon's Gate in all of my playthroughs. He's still really good, though, and on average will turn out better than Isadora. Just personal preference.

Not sure what makes training Cavaliers difficult in FE7, though? That game is actually really kind to them outside of like, three chapters.

For curiosity's sake, what do you do to get around the money issues that the Mercenaries have? I mean, sure, the Silver Card helps, but you only have it for the one base session in 3-2...

I use the bare minimum of what I need and sell everything else. I concentrate on certain characters, give everyone the absolute bare minimum in terms of what weapons are needed, and only buy certain bargain items.

It lets him double Soldiers, which helps him snowball into more levels and hopefully doubling more things. I wouldn't say it saves him, but rather it's his only shot at maybe becoming useful one day. Basically, if he gets speed on his first level up, he can contribute and has a chance to continue to grow out of his awful speed base; if he doesn't get it on that first level, then don't bother.

I guess, but these are loldiers, aka those scrubs that pretty much stop being relevant once Lyn and her gang join up, we're talking about.

And even then, I find Bartre more workable than DORC

To be fair, at least Dorcas has a somewhat respectable speed base. I'd consider that enough to give him the edge over Bartre.