Least favorite unit in FE per game

TheAstraWolf

I've been wondering about this for a while and I want to see what you guys consider the worst units.

Me first:

FE1/3/11/12: Tomas/Vyland/Macellan/Dolph/Frost

FE2: Boey/Robin

FE6: Sophia/Wendy/Cecilia/Juno

FE7: Karla

FE8: Amelia/Knoll/Tethys (plzdontkillmekaythanksbai)

FE13: Brady/Say'ri/Ricken

Haven't played enough of 4, 5, 9 and I haven't played 10 and 14 yet

Edited by SSL01

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she has no combat and only 5 movement what a scrub

FE1 - One of those armors that are trapped with Midia

FE3 - uhh... no idea, Est? Sheema?

FE4 - like Tiltyu or Ardan for Gen 1, and for Gen 2 it's Hannibal

FE5 - I never understood the point of Shanam myself.

FE6 - Sophia? Wendy? I lean towards Wendy but I'm not going to get into this argument

FE7 - Nino

FE8 - Ewan

FE9 - Rolf

FE10 - Lyre, Meg?

FE11 - see FE1

FE12 - I haven't played enough to judge

FE13 - I legitimately think Ricken has nothing going for him

And it's tough to say for Fates who's the worst in each game.

how is Tethys bad in any way, shape, or form? Shes amazing

While her character is great, I found myself barely using her due to the way FE8 maps and difficulty is designed. I was pretty relucant on putting her here due to the hate I will certainly get from people here.

Worst Unit? Then...

FE1/11 : Really too many trash tiers to decide. Though Tomas, Matthis or one of the knights/cavaliers.

FE3/12 : Easily the late trash. Tomas and Sheema might be workable if you baby them enough thanks to their high bow rank and growths on steroids, but Dolph, Macellan, Vyland and Roshea are all awful garbage. You can also talk about Matthis the generic cavalier if you want to.

FE6 : Wendy. Sophia is really easy to grind with patience : Stick her a flux tome, create a bodyblocking wall in 14x, and make her spam it to the mobs so she gains truckloads of xp (while sniping the hand axes pirates). Sophia also brings to the team a Guiding Ring. Wendy? All she can do is throw shaky javelins to level her up, and doesn't bring anything on her own. Wendy is awful.

FE7 : Hard because everyone is pretty good. Nino's a little bit annoying to grind when we have Pent, so she takes the spot.

FE8 : Marisa. Hard to grind, and not worthy of the exp at all. Marisa it is.

FE9 : Another hard one due to everyone being viable, but it'd be Devdan just for coming so late (most of the team is decided by the time) with nothing really interesting.

FE10 : Lyre. Meg is decently trainable with 1 Speed BeXP on Hard Mode, and Fiona requires 2 BeXP. Lyre would probably require 5 levels of BeXP for me to even think of using her. Her stats are garbage. She joins next to Ranulf, who's close to Satori Sign, and with better stats than her on every area. Just. Trash.

FE13 (No-Duo) : Donnel. In my playthroughs, I'm not reclassing so he takes the palm.

Otherwise...

Maribelle. Her character is great, but her stats are too iffy for her to be worth. She's usually ending up way too much on the lower end regarding her durability and speed, and that is sadly a killer for her.

While her character is great, I found myself barely using her due to the way FE8 maps and difficulty is designed. I was pretty relucant on putting her here due to the hate I will certainly get from people here.

yeah but she makes it even easier!

those other units actively make the game harder

4: Ardan's pointless for most of the game in a game with no population limit.

6: Sophia and Wendy are liabilities.

7: Reluctant to admit it, but probably Wallace.

8: Amelia and Ewan.

9: tbh any laguz besides 'the one with the demi band'

11: Est, I guess, is the classic answer.

12: literally like 40% of the cast are equally worthless and unusable, like I'm pretty sure everyone after Virgil/Robert/Raiden

FE1/2/11/12: Marth. If he dies, the game is over.

FE6: Roy. The ultimate troll, he promotes one chapter before the end of the game.

FE7: Tactician. He can't even be deployed.

FE8: Ephraim! What a prick!

FE9: Soothe, who continues to be terrible in FE10.

FE10: Makolov. Pink hair AND a drinking problem? Please.

FE13: My unit. You started this.

I haven't played FE3-5, nor Fates.

Edited by Comet

FE6: Sophia/Wendy/Cecilia/Juno

How are Cecillia or Juno on the tier of Sophia and Wendy.

Cecillia has access to C Staves, and Aircalibur, along with 8 Mov, Juno while not having good combat is still a flier and by default that makes her at least passable.

I havent played much before 6.

FE6: Wendy. Sophia, i think, can be salvaged. Shes hella bad, but Wendy man....

FE7: Hmmm...Wil

FE8: Ewan and Marisa. I find it really amusing that one must recruit the other in Eph route. Shit units stick together lmao

FE9: Rolf and Sothe

FE10: L Y R E. i can make Meg and Fiona work and it be relatively rewarding in some way. Lyre? Not a chance. I made her "good" once, and it was so much effort (even more than Meg or Fiona) and the result wasnt even worth it.

FE13: Yeah i think Ricken is pretty terrible, even in a game where everyone can stomp.

FE14: BR: Setsuna omg. Conquest: Nyx. (at least Gunter can be a pairup bot). Revelation: Nyx again, but a lot of people are bad here due to join time and base level imbalance.

FE6: Wendy

FE7: Nino

FE8: Amelia

FE13: Donnel

As far as Cecillia and Yuno are concerned, an 8 move Restore user and another unit to rescue-drop dudes over the mountain in Chapter 21 to avoid the reinforcement zones are far better than whatever Wendy and Sophia aren't doing.

6: Sophia and Wendy.

7: Mm, I dunno. Wallace? Geitz? Karla?

8: Marisa probably.

9: Laguz in general suck here

10: Meg, aka Wendy II

11: half the cast isn't even worth paying attention to

13: The Spotpass people for lacking supports and not even having foreign avatar reclassing to make up for it.

fe2 - booey, so bad

fe4 - hannibal

fe5 - the lance bro without sword rank

fe6 - wendy

fe7 - nino

fe8 - amelia

fe9 - sothe

fe11 - macellan

fe12 - maria, totally counts

fe13 - pothead

conquest - benny

birthright - hayato

revelation - odin

4: Arden

6: Wendy

7: Wallace (hands-down Nino can be good Wallace is never good)

8: Amelia

9: Sothe

10: Meg

11: half the fetching roster

12: half the fetching roster

13: in a no grind no reclass setting I say Kellam, Donnel or Ricken.

14 Conquest: Izana or Gunter

14 Birthright: Setsuna or Hayato

14 Revaltions: GUNTER, Gunther for president of worst unit ever....

Edited by Locke087

FE4 - Arden for first gen, Corple for second gen. The former's an armor in a game with ginormous maps. Enough said. The latter comes in as a level 1 healer... when you only have 1 1/2 chapters before endgame.

FE6 - Wendy, Wendy. Wendy. Joins at the absolute worst time, underleveled, poor bases, the whole nine yards.

FE7 - Karla. Needing me to use someone who is himself one of the worst units in the game, and being pretty awful statistically for the pain I had to endure is just ugh.

FE8 - Garcia. He has good HP and Strength... but that's about it.

FE9 - Rolf. Takes too much input to get anywhere, and the payoff ain't worth it.

FE10 - Hmmm.... Meg or Lyre... Meg or Lyre.... Screw it, I'm saying Meg, though Lyre's pretty awful herself. TBH, though, any non-royal laguz not named Ulki, Janaff, Skrimir, Volug (in part 1), Muarim, or Mordecai are pretty lackluster.

FE13 - Donnel. Takes too much effort to get anywhere, and he needs a Second Seal that has better uses. As if that weren't enough of a kick in the nuts, he has to fight his way out of E rank twice.

Fates CQ - Arthur. His low luck makes him a massive liability who's prone to blowing up if even looked at hard, and his crappy personal takes his already crap crit evade and knocks it into the gutter.

Fates BR - Hmmm... I dunno. Though personally, I'm inclined to say Mozu, if only because she doesn't really bring anything to the table that you don't get.

Fates Rev - Odin.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Going off the ones I've actually played...

FE4: Gen 1 is Arden, who has the misfortune of being an armor knight in a game where movement is really important and has awful everything but Strength and Defense. Gen 2 is probably Finn or Hannibal, but that's only because of how overpowered everyone else is.

FE5: Marty. 0 Skill and Speed and awful growths in both those categories on an axe user? No thank you.

FE6: Wendy. You join with a much better Armor Knight in tow already, and your brother is better than you as well.

FE7: Lowen. Sorry buddy, but you're outdone by pretty much every other Cavalier and Paladin.

FE8: Sorry, Knoll. I really like you as a character, but as a unit you're pretty bad.

FE11: Hard to pick, considering how bad the growths in Shadow Dragon are in general. Bantu gets it for having even lower growths than Jeigan and not even Dragonstone boosts saving him.

FE12: Abel, mostly because of how much of a downgrade he was from Shadow Dragon.

Awakening: Ricken. The only advantge he has over Miriel is his ability to get Luna.

Fates/Birthright: Setsuna. That Speed growth doesn't help when you can't damage anything and can't take a hit, and she's outclassed by Takumi who joins only two chapters later than her.

Fates/Conquest: Nyx. Her abysmal HP and Defense make her a major liability, and much like Setsuna she's outclassed by a much better unit who joins a few chapters later.

FE1 - Same as FE11 for me
FE3 - Arran, Samto, Bantu
FE4 - Arden for first gen, Hannibal for second gen.
FE5 - Shanam
FE6 - Hmm. No one mentioned Merlinus. Not a fighter, but he can't survive at all in this game if he isn't guarded. Aside from him it's Garret, Dayan or really any theif as they can't promote.
FE7 - Wallace/Vaida (as Heath will usually be better than her)
FE8 - Garcia
FE9 - Rolf and Sothe
FE10 - Meg
FE11 - Totally debatable Jagen, Darros, Castor, Matthis, Radd, Boah, Beck,Tomas, one of the Knights alongside Tomas
FE12 - Add Ceasar, Wendell(based purely on my personal experience) , Athena, Abel (I love abel) to FE3.
FE13 - Ricken/Kellam

Fates: BR: Rinkah Conquest: Nyx Revelations: Awful stats make for multiple contenders Nyx, Arthur, Azama, Odin and personally Orochi

Here are my opinions, skipping the games I haven't finished (and FE11 because I only played it once and don't know it well enough):

FE4 - Hannibal, with Ardan as a close second.

FE6 - Wendy. At least Sophia can chip from range.

FE7 - Wallace, although I could also see Karla taking this spot. Nino is at least fairly useful for the EXP rank in ranked runs.

FE8 - Amelia. Marisa is pretty bad also, but she has better stats and Amelia can't even use Javelins at base.

FE9 - Sothe, but he's definitely the best 'worst unit' on my list thanks to thief utility. Everyone in FE9 is pretty solid honestly, thanks to the ridiculous amount of BEXP you get.

FE10 - Kurthnaga. While there are many units in FE10 with awful bases, at least the rest of them have the decency to have some semblance of availability.

FE13 - Donnel. Virion and Ricken can at least do heavy damage to all of the Wyvern Riders in FE13's earlygame.

Conquest - Benny. While Charlotte is also pretty bad, at least she isn't a Knight.

Birthright - Mozu. Birthright's the one path where Mozu brings nothing unique and/or useful to the table.

Revelation - Nyx. At least Owain can help do things in his joining chapter, Nyx can't even do that due to her starting position.

FE7:Ninian/Nils- I always manage to get one of them killed, and I've never had the patience for trying to get 19xx.

FE8:Garcia- Ross can be better, and can reach Lv.10 in the next chapter easily.

FE11:Vyland. He isn't even good if you reclass him.

FE13: Spotpass characters sans Walhart.

FE1/11: matthis

FE2: booey or whoever the male mage is

FE3: that Shota mage.

FE4: Arden (but i do like him)

FE5: can't recall off the top of my head

FE7: Dorcas

FE8: Ewan

FE9: noone that comes to mind

FE10: Lyre

FE12: too many to choose from

FE14: Nyx, refuses to gain any stats for me.

FE1: Matthis
FE2: Boey
FE3: Maria
FE4: Hannibal due to his recruitment and not much payoff (despite liking his character, Ardan at least gets you a pursuit ring)

FE5: Tanya
FE7: Wil
FE9: Rolf
FE10: Fiona
FE11: Macellan
FE12: The Wolf Guard

FE14BR: Hayato
FE14 CQ: Benny
FE14 RV: Odin

TRS: Ruka

Edited by Jedi

FE4: Hannibal

FE5: Hey Xavier, fuck you.

FE6: Dunno between Wendy and Sophia

FE7: Wil

FE9: Rolf. Sothe can open chests, so while Volke is better, I think he has an edge over Rolf.

FE10: Lyre or Fiona?

FE13: Don't really know, probably Donnel or a spotpass unit.

FE14: Only finished Birthright so far. Of the units I used a fair amount, Shigure was pretty meh and Setsuna was pretty bad.

From the ones I've played (bit of a short list...):

FE7: From my distant memories, I'd have to go Bartre, who I don't remember ever being useful. Dorcas and Wil could've had this spot since I never use them, but they have Lyn's campaign where I actually find them useful, so they're cool. Wallace could've been here too, but I never saw him again after his brief stint of okayness in Lyn's campaign.

FE8: From memory, I'd have to go Marisa, who is just pointless when I'm so invested in Joshua and Gerik by the time I recruit her. Garcia might've taken this spot, but I always benched him for Ross, so I dunno, he could be awesome and I've just never seen it.

FE9: One of these days, I'll go back and replay FE9. Until then, I'm gonna go Rhys, since Mist exists and has swords and a horse after she promotes. And horse-healer is awesome.

FE13: Less of a definitive choice for worst unit than the one I never really found useful, but Ricken. Could've been Kellam, once I remembered he existed, but then I remembered that I like Knights and his defense is actually useful for me sometimes. Dunno if Ricken's actually so terrible, but I never once felt the need to use him (Miriel was more useful for me, probably more for her join time than anything, don't really like using her either tho, especially once Tharja and Henry join).

FE14 Birthright: Setsuna. Mozu can come earlier and always gets ridiculous levels for me, so I can't call her worst (plus, she doesn't start an archer, she could go Merchant or be a neat Master of Arms or something). Setsuna, on the other hand, just gets dropped onto the bench forever once Takumi shows up with his superbow.

FE14 Conquest: Nyx. Why can't you take a damn hit? There's really no one else who can contest this one, haha. Closest to a worst-unit that isn't Nyx would probably be Peri, who joins in the unfortunate area between I've-already-invested-in-Silas and I'm-about-to-get-Xander, but she's pretty good in her own right, just joins at an awkward time for me, more a personal thing than anything else, definitely not actually a contender for worst unit, or Arthur, who, while I like the guy, makes me worry more than I'm comfortable with, but he's a good unit outside of the part when he eats crits more often than your other guys, and he has the HP and Defense to absorb a crit and live (or at least he usually does for me...), so he's above Nyx for me.

FE14 Revelation: Not sure if Odin, Orochi or Nyx. On the one hand, Odin forces himself onto a map full of enemies that can murder him in one shot, but on the other hand you could probably pair him up with Leo and it'd probably be nice (I feel like the point of the suck brigade showing up alongside Xander and Leo in that chapter was that you were supposed to pick one of them to train up, then pair two of them with Xander and Leo and the third with the one member of the suck brigade that you wanted to raise up into usefulness... I'm not sure, I just feel like that's how it was supposed to work). On the other hand, Orochi isn't on as bad of a chapter to show up in (Master Ninja aside, are there any enemies that can easily one-shot her?), but she just feels like an inferior version of Hayato (who joins a couple of chapters earlier at a higher level) to me. Yeah, Odin's outclassed by Leo, but he at least isn't total dead weight on his join chapter (more pair-up fodder than anything). And then there's Nyx, who requires hanging out around the start point of the chapter despite having no other reason to do so in order to recruit her with Corrin, and is rather underleveled, and joins on the same chapter as Shura, who is ready to go as soon as Corrin speaks to him. Honestly, out of these three, any could take the spot.

I'm inclined to say it could most easily not be Odin tho, since he at least can do something on his join chapter (making Leo better is something). Not sure what Orochi's supposed to do (does anyone benefit from pairing up with her on her join chapter?), and Nyx just feels like a victim of a lack of thought being given to unit balancing on Revelation (especially given how Shura is, in the same chapter no less).

So I'll tentatively call it a tie between Orochi (who just feels pointless when you get a better Diviner in Hayato) and Nyx (I dunno what IntSys was thinking with her, I really don't).

Edited by ILikeKirbys

FE2: Robin

FE4: Arden because of low movement

FE5: Shanam his bases make me laugh

FE6: all the knights because of low movement and worst weapon types
FE7: Dorcas
FE8: all the trainees
FE9: Sothe
FE10: Lyre
FE11: too many unfortunately
FE12: ^
FE13: Ricken