Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

*I meant Lucina instead of Lyn, as I don't think you have Lyn yet. Unitwise, Lucina is a better unit than Karel, but Karel will be a bonus unit next week, so he can be used then.

Right. I actually meant Lucina rather than Lyn as well. Rush of you-know-what to the brain. I think Lucina will be a better overall team member, and using Karel for the bonus as you suggest. I'm thinking the new team will be Effie, Lucina, Minerva, and Odin (Once he is trained to a usable level).

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

17 minutes ago, Effies_Home said:

I'm thinking the new team will be Effie, Lucina, Minerva, and Odin (Once he is trained to a usable level).

I like it if that means anything :)

18 minutes ago, Effies_Home said:

I'm thinking the new team will be Effie, Lucina, Minerva, and Odin (Once he is trained to a usable level).

I like this team as well.

However, were you able to get Ursula? Because if you train her up, I think you could replace Odin with her. She has Death Blow and Blarwolf, so she'd be reasonably powerful (and very damaging vs. horses), and she probably would do better vs. mages with her higher RES compared to him. Plus, she has Growing (I think? Might be Blazing, I don't recall) Thunder, which, hey, if you get it off, that's probably a kill right there, and if not it softens up enemies around the target, which is usually a good thing.

Just a thought.

5 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:
  Hide contents

Lachesis:
1) GIVE HER PAIN. You have an Azama, so burn him for it. Absorb won't do that much for Lachesis unless she's fighting Knights or some other low-RES unit, so switch it for a better staff.
2) Also, give her Rehabilitate. It's the best staff, and free Lissas had it, so I'm sure you can pluck it off of one of them, assuming you didn't get rid of them.
3) Heavenly Light would be a good choice for your healer, since it heals your whole team instead of just giving a DEF buff. Unless you need the DEF buff, in which case keep Solid-Earth Balm.
4) Poison Strike. I'm sure you have a Matthew lying around (you started with a free one, hope you didn't toss him), so you can push the post-combat damage to 20.
5) I would probably go for Fortify RES rather than Spur RES on Lachesis, primarily for Minerva. Although, if you intend to keep Lachesis just behind your frontliners where only 2-rangers are, I could see keeping Spur instead. You don't have to do this, but I would. Then again I use Nino so...

Minerva:
1) Going a bit out of order here, but starting with the A Slot here. First things first, I would suggest removing Life and Death, and replacing with Fury, to boost Minerva's defenses (might salvage her RES), unless you aren't comfortable with taking 6 damage after every combat. In which case, keep Life and Death, it's a good skill too.
1.5) Of course, if Svalinn Shield can be transferred from Sheena, maybe give her that instead of Life and Death so she can take on archers (read: Takumi) and Merric.
2) Reciprocal Aid, so that when Minerva gets hit she can just steal an ally's HP (I would recommend Lachesis, who shouldn't be seeing combat anyway so she won't miss it) and get back in the fray.
3) For the Special Skill, Holy Vestments isn't a bad choice, but I would go with Glimmer/Noontime/Moonbow. Glimmer gives Minerva even more damage, which can only be good, while Noontime gives Minerva self-healing. Moonbow probably isn't as good as either of those first two, but has a 1-turn cooldown, so it will proc more often than those.

4) For her B Slot, I recommend Escape Route, so that Minerva can run away to Lachesis for healing after she gets hit, or Desperation, so you can get a Brave-style double-attack at low HP.
5) C Slot should change since Minerva's the only flyer on your team, so her Flyer-boosting skill wouldn't help here and Spur DEF 2 wouldn't be as good as a fully-upgraded skill you can inherit. You can easily get Spur DEF 3, since she already has Spur DEF 2 and should be in the middle of combat with your other frontliner Lucina (as opposed to Lachesis, who should really just end her turn next to Minerva/Lucina when possible and thus should get Fortify for full-turn RES boost). Personally, I would recommend Threaten DEF/RES, so that enemies who fail to kill Minerva have to deal with near-guaranteed death by either Minerva/Lucina (for Threaten DEF) or Robin (for Threaten RES: Lachesis could probably do a bit more damage before Pain+Poison Strike after Threaten RES, but I wouldn't rely on her to score kills).

Robin:
1) Blarraven's fine. Bonfire too. For a Command Skill, Give him Ardent Sacrifice. No reason for this, just lets him emergency-backup-heal when Lachesis has to give someone else the bigger healing.
2) For the A Slot, Defiant SPD is alright, but there are better options. Consider Triangle Adept, so Robin can take greater advantage of his Double WTA. See LuxSpes's Sanaki-with-Raudhrraven posts for why this is a good call. Alternatively, Defiant DEF would make Bonfire stronger if you want that instead.

3) Bowbreaker. Makes Robin even better for killing Takumi than he already is. I'm gonna give it to mine.
4) Spur DEF is fine on Robin IMO.

Lucina:
1) Give Lucina Moonbow. With the short cooldown (if she didn't have Falchion, I would suggest giving her a Killing Edge so you can constantly proc Moonbow), Lucina will deal greater damage very often.
2) Also, Pivot. Lets Lucina hide behind Robin when she needs to get away from enemies.
3) For the A Slot, again, Defiant SPD is alright, but I feel Lucina can do better. Give her Armored Blow, so she can better combat physical foes. Alternatively, Defiant DEF could make Lucina survive a bit longer.
4) For the B Slot, give Lucina Brash Assault. Being able to double more things would be pretty good for Lucina, yeah?
5) For the C Slot, Spur ATK is fine, but I would suggest whichever of Threaten DEF/RES wasn't given to Minerva.

Just so you know, I've already decided not to inherit skills. But let's see...

Spoiler

Lachesis:
-Pain: Obvious choice
-Rehabilitate: Another obvious choice
-Heavenly Light: Personally, I find Solid-Earth Balm more useful since it's saved me quite a few times. Because of Pain, I would also use her more as an offensive healer
-Poison Strike: Yet another obvious choice
-Fortify RES: If Lachesis has Pain, I would use her as a more offensive healer. So I would find myself using Spur RES more often. Still a good skill
Overall, very good skill set. 9/10.

Minerva:
-Fury: I think I rather play it safe and use Life and Death instead. Could be useful when paired with Lachesis
-Svalinn Shield: Must-have
-Reciprocal Aid: Don't think I'll be finding that very useful. Since she's already so frail, I'd feel like I would be wasting HP. Unless I had a dancer on my main team (not going to happen though), it ain't gonna work out
-Glimmer/Noontime/Moonbow: Pretty good skill to have in order to OHKO many enemies. If I were to choose, Glimmer would be the best in that situation. Holy Vestments can be ditched because of Svalinn Shield
-Escape Route: If Lachesis is not an offensive healer, this would work out so well. Otherwise, not.
-Spur DEF 3: Another must-have
-Threaten DEF-RES: If not Spur DEF, this would be an alternate must-have
Overall, good skill set 8/10.

Robin:
-Ardent Sacrifice: Good idea.
-Triangle Adept: After training Roy with Triangle Adept equipped, I am NEVER touching that skill ever again.
-Defiant DEF: Another good idea.
-Bowbreaker: I don't really need it since I can handle Takumi just fine. I think Robin can benefit more from another skill.
Overall, solid skill set 7.5/10.

Lucina:
-Moonbow: Would work more effectively, if Lucina wasn't a -SPD nature... If Lucina used a Killing Edge, I would honestly use Sol or Aether instead.
-Pivot: Not really a fan of this skill. Sure Robin is tanky, but when up against say Linde, I'm screwed either way
-Armored Blow and Defiant DEF: Again. Would work more effectively if she wasn't -SPD. So I'm better off using Defiant SPD
-Brash Assault: Okay forget everything I said about Defiant DEF. These two skills are mean on a Lucina
-Threaten DEF/RES: I think i'll stick with Spur ATK
Overall, another solid skill set 7/10.

And there ya go. ;D

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I like this team as well.

However, were you able to get Ursula? Because if you train her up, I think you could replace Odin with her. She has Death Blow and Blarwolf, so she'd be reasonably powerful (and very damaging vs. horses), and she probably would do better vs. mages with her higher RES compared to him. Plus, she has Growing (I think? Might be Blazing, I don't recall) Thunder, which, hey, if you get it off, that's probably a kill right there, and if not it softens up enemies around the target, which is usually a good thing.

Just a thought.

A good thought, but one for the future. I don't believe I have Ursula currently...Maybe I do. It's the same situation with Minerva. She's turning out excellent as she gets trained up, however, if the RNGods bless me with a 5* Camilla, it's all over.

Man, this game really punishes me in Arena if I try to deviate from my main team:

Spoiler

Lyn (+HP/-Spd; 5*)

Cordelia (+Res/-HP; 4*)

Cecilia (+Atk/-Def; 4*)

(insert available bonus hero here)

Like if I try to run somebody else (like replace Cordelia with Effie or Ursula or replace Cecilia with Olivia) I end up losing to even Intermediate teams.

Spoiler

My list of options (all lv. 40; if no Boon/Bane combo is shown, the unit is neutral):

5* Lyn (+HP/-Spd)

5* Sharena

4* Cordelia (+Res/-HP)

4* Effie (+Res/-Atk)

4* Cecilia (+Atk/-Def)

4* Lissa (+Atk/-HP)

4* Olivia

4* Ursula

4* female Robin

4* Anna

4* Felicia

3* Sophia

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Man, this game really punishes me in Arena if I try to deviate from my main team:

Reveal hidden contents

Lyn (+HP/-Spd; 5*)

Cordelia (+Res/-HP; 4*)

Cecilia (+Atk/-Def; 4*)

(insert available bonus hero here)

Like if I try to run somebody else (like replace Cordelia with Effie or Ursula or replace Cecilia with Olivia) I end up losing to even Intermediate teams.

Hide contents

My list of options (all lv. 40; if no Boon/Bane combo is shown, the unit is neutral):

5* Lyn (+HP/-Spd)

5* Sharena

4* Cordelia (+Res/-HP)

4* Effie (+Res/-Atk)

4* Cecilia (+Atk/-Def)

4* Lissa (+Atk/-HP)

4* Olivia

4* Ursula

4* female Robin

4* Anna

4* Felicia

3* Sophia

Ordinarily I would say Effie completely beats Cordelia, but since you only have a 4*... Not to mention a -Atk, given that Effie's main draw is her huge attack power. Depends on the level difference.

For you, I would suggest Lyn, Sharena, Effie (or Cordelia), and Cecelia. Keep Sharena protected and let her buff Effie and Lyn, use Cecelia to take down Armored, Colourless, and weakened enemies

Just now, Effies_Home said:

Ordinarily I would say Effie completely beats Cordelia, but since you only have a 4*... Not to mention a -Atk, given that Effie's main draw is her huge attack power. Depends on the level difference.

For you, I would suggest Lyn, Sharena, Effie (or Cordelia), and Cecelia. Keep Sharena protected and let her buff Effie and Lyn, use Cecelia to take down Armored, Colourless, and weakened enemies

Remember that I do need a bonus hero in order to achieve a high score; otherwise, I only get half points. As much as I like her, Cecilia more often than not feels like the weakest link (aside from the bonus season character since I prefer to use a weak lv. 1 unit to keep enemy levels down; my team struggles if not outright loses to the enemy team on any difficulty higher than Beginner based on previous experiences). Given her -Def (she's already slow and frail to begin with), she's incredibly fragile to the point that she cannot win against any Takumi unless she has a significant level advantage over him or Takumi has been weakened first and Cecilia gets the jump on him. She even loses against a lot of blue units simply because they can double and ORKO her.

Problematic enemy units I can name immediately: Catria (she ends up walling Lyn and Cordelia and has no trouble killing both of them; Cecilia can't OHKO her or put her in KO range for anybody else to finish off and also gets ORKO'd by Catria), Takumi

29 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Just so you know, I've already decided not to inherit skills. But let's see...

Hide contents

Lachesis:
-Pain: Obvious choice
-Rehabilitate: Another obvious choice
-Heavenly Light: Personally, I find Solid-Earth Balm more useful since it's saved me quite a few times. Because of Pain, I would also use her more as an offensive healer
-Poison Strike: Yet another obvious choice
-Fortify RES: If Lachesis has Pain, I would use her as a more offensive healer. So I would find myself using Spur RES more often. Still a good skill
Overall, very good skill set. 9/10.

Minerva:
-Fury: I think I rather play it safe and use Life and Death instead. Could be useful when paired with Lachesis
-Svalinn Shield: Must-have
-Reciprocal Aid: Don't think I'll be finding that very useful. Since she's already so frail, I'd feel like I would be wasting HP. Unless I had a dancer on my main team (not going to happen though), it ain't gonna work out
-Glimmer/Noontime/Moonbow: Pretty good skill to have in order to OHKO many enemies. If I were to choose, Glimmer would be the best in that situation. Holy Vestments can be ditched because of Svalinn Shield
-Escape Route: If Lachesis is not an offensive healer, this would work out so well. Otherwise, not.
-Spur DEF 3: Another must-have
-Threaten DEF-RES: If not Spur DEF, this would be an alternate must-have
Overall, good skill set 8/10.

Robin:
-Ardent Sacrifice: Good idea.
-Triangle Adept: After training Roy with Triangle Adept equipped, I am NEVER touching that skill ever again.
-Defiant DEF: Another good idea.
-Bowbreaker: I don't really need it since I can handle Takumi just fine. I think Robin can benefit more from another skill.
Overall, solid skill set 7.5/10.

Lucina:
-Moonbow: Would work more effectively, if Lucina wasn't a -SPD nature... If Lucina used a Killing Edge, I would honestly use Sol or Aether instead.
-Pivot: Not really a fan of this skill. Sure Robin is tanky, but when up against say Linde, I'm screwed either way
-Armored Blow and Defiant DEF: Again. Would work more effectively if she wasn't -SPD. So I'm better off using Defiant SPD
-Brash Assault: Okay forget everything I said about Defiant DEF. These two skills are mean on a Lucina
-Threaten DEF/RES: I think i'll stick with Spur ATK
Overall, another solid skill set 7/10.

And there ya go. ;D

Regarding your thoughts on my thoughts, here's my thoughts on your thoughts on my thoughts! Even though I really need to get some sleep already! In a spoiler!

Spoiler

Generally: I hadn't taken into account that Lachesis would be more offensively-oriented with Pain+Poison Strike. That changes things quite a bit, I would've probably recommended keeping/getting the Spurs if I had considered that (though I don't really think of them often, so maybe I wouldn't've, but I should've).

Lachesis: My complete misunderstanding of how she would work aside, looks like we mostly agree. If you like Solid-Earth Balm, by all means, keep it.

Minerva: You can't have Svalinn Shield and Life and Death, they occupy the same skill slot. However, if you can get Svalinn off Sheena, then I agree that you should give it to her. Reciprocal Aid is just an emergency measure so Minerva doesn't have to worry about running out of HP and can steal Lachesis's if she has to and Lachesis has already healed someone else. Glad we agree on Glimmer, and yeah, Svalinn kinda makes Holy Vestments not as good for Minerva. Escape Route was suggested with the thought that Lachesis would be staying away from combat like a regular healer, so Minerva could get to safety by teleporting to her. You didn't comment on Desperation. And as I said under Generally, I would agree with getting Spur DEF 3 for your team.

Robin: I understand your pain with Roy (I got mine to Level 40. A -ATK/+RES Roy. It was painful at times.), but Robin takes advantage of Triangle Adept far better than Roy did, since he gets to take the +20% damage over both Red and Colorless foes, so he's more capable of using it to its fullest potential. On Bowbreaker, I suggested that primarily for Takumi, but since I suppose Minerva could take him on with Svalinn Shield, he probably doesn't need it. Maybe he should go with Vantage, or maybe Brash Assault would work for him too?

Lucina: Ah, your Lucina was a -SPD nature. Wouldn't have guessed... Yeah, that makes Moonbow a bit worse, but I'd still recommend it, if only because every other skill has a longer cooldown. Pivot's just a filler since I'm not sure what else could go there that would be useful (Draw Back?). Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing on Defiant DEF, since you said it wouldn't be as good as Defiant SPD, but then you said it would work great with Brash Assault, so I dunno if you like that or not. And see Generally, I should've thought of Spur ATK as an option.

And now, I'm getting some sleep already. See you all again when we can make our favorite units amazing!

Edited by ILikeKirbys

10 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Remember that I do need a bonus hero in order to achieve a high score; otherwise, I only get half points. As much as I like her, Cecilia more often than not feels like the weakest link (aside from the bonus season character since I prefer to use a weak lv. 1 unit to keep enemy levels down; my team struggles if not outright loses to the enemy team on any difficulty higher than Beginner based on previous experiences). Given her -Def (she's already slow and frail to begin with), she's incredibly fragile to the point that she cannot win against any Takumi unless she has a significant level advantage over him or Takumi has been weakened first and Cecilia gets the jump on him. She even loses against a lot of blue units simply because they can double and ORKO her.

Problematic enemy units I can name immediately: Catria (she ends up walling Lyn and Cordelia and has no trouble killing both of them; Cecilia can't OHKO her or put her in KO range for anybody else to finish off and also gets ORKO'd by Catria), Takumi

Some of these are granted. This is the prime reason I stopped using Cecilia (that, and that she is a 3*). She tends to be underpowered, and vulnerable. Also, given the fact she has no useful buffs, I would say she is the one to replace.

As for dealing with certain enemies: Catria gets hard-countered by Effie, mostly because Effie can take a hit, then obliterate her. As for Takumi, he is very difficult to deal with. Effie can eat his arrows, especially with Wary Fighter. If she gets close enough, she can put him down.

Got a Karel 5 stars +ATK -DEF, he looks godly as a Sword master sould be. Also got a ranom Tharja 5 stars +RES -ATK ( an atack bane for a tome user again....ugh...), Is she worth it?

Edited by Rapha666br

Holy moly, things like Takumi's 'Close Counter' and Kagero's 'Poison Dagger' can actually be inherited. I feel there is very, very little that can't be inherited. This is gonna be tough...

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

There are barely any restrictions at all. Anyone can learn close/distant counter. The nightmare is real

Counter being an A-skill weakens it a lot, however, since that's where Death Blow, Fury, Etc. all go.

So it looks like you don't need to know the skill to pass it on, you just need to be high enough level to potentially learn the skill. This is a huge SP buffer for youe 3*/4*/5* units!

I did my first inheritance!

I gave Leo defense+3 from Stahl

and then you ask "why would you give him such a meh skill?"

Because I am making Leo my takumi killer!

My Leo is +HP, so with def+3 and sharenas buff in defense, not even a +atk Takumi can kill him, and Leo has that skill that doubles when an enemy enters combat so yeah.

I love my Leo thank you very much.

Takumi + Vantage who?

(and nope, I dont have a "one shot takumi mage... yet)

1 hour ago, Lucıůs said:

Check out the Training Tower quest rewards! It's raining orbs!!

Mamma mia, them orbs!

Those tenth stratum quests though. Ouch.

Edited by Vaximillian