Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Spoiler

Poor Clarisse. Her and Takumi's stats are nigh identical with Takumi having 4 more res. The powercreep is real

Edited by silveraura25

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Spoiler

Hardin and Celica still I can live without. Their spreads are decent and Hardin's mixed bulk is going to make for really, REALLY annoying armor emblem Ward Armor stacking + Brazen DEF/RES making him virtually impossible to kill if you don't one round him, but there's nothing particularly special about Celica. She's a one and done unit really. One battle and that's it. 

Grima Robin on the other hand I want even more now. His spread is delicious and I'd love to have him in my barracks. Helps that I don't have a *5 Green Dragon either. Takumi is actually decent. I don't entirely understand his bow but his spread is alright and he would actually be superior to Takumi if he could have natures (+SPD would have 40). Honestly he's just as good already.

Despite this. I still want Hector and Lyn, so yeah. One full pull on this and I'm out for now.

Re: Stats

Spoiler

Holy shit Grima's tied with Effie for highest base ATK. And that DEF looks great. And that HP also looks pretty good. 24 SPD is a slight bit odd, but if he gets a superboon then I guess it's usable. I super want this guy.

Hardin looks great, as I had hoped. 36 base DEF makes running Bonfire on him tempting, especially with Bold Fighter to basically guarantee that it activates on his turn. I want him.

Celica... Eh. She's alright, but I can't see her being someone I would use regularly. I would be okay with getting her, but I don't especially want. Do wonder if Chill SPD is gonna be inheritable tho. And if we'll get other Chill skills in the future.

Takumi... Well, he looks alright. His offensive stats are passable, and his defenses seem okay too. His HP bugs me a little, but that's okay.
I want him to have Close Counter so I can have Close Counter fodder, but at the same time I don't expect him to because I can't see them giving away Close Counter like that.

Now I want Grima and Hardin slightly more than I did previously, and probably won't bother pulling Reds beyond the first couple of rounds to get my pity rate up because Celica doesn't look all that appealing. Takumi looks neat, though I'm curious as to what his skills will be. At least I won't have to wait too long.

And for the Water Blessing quest... well, I have Airzura. Guess I could throw my all-flier team at stuff and watch her kill everything with +6 to every stat. That'll be fun. She can finally put that Brave Axe+ I 5-Starred a Camilla to give her a while back to good use. At long last.

46 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

24 SPD is a slight bit odd, but if he gets a superboon then I guess it's usable.

If his level-1 neutral Spd is 5, then it's a super boon. If it's 7, then it's not.

EDIT: According to Gamepedia, it's 7, which means no super boon.

EDIT2:

Spoiler

On the other hand, he does have a super boon on Atk. Fuck yeah.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Now that I think about it, Laegjarn's sword seems a bit short for a flier. Caeda, Elincia, and Palla's artwork makes it seem like their swords are possibly longsword-length and New Year's Camilla's basically wielding a fat club. Laegjarn's on the other hand seems to be using a sword-length which could work for mounted combat, but she's riding a wyvern and I'm not sure if wyverns being bigger than pegasus could cause a problem. Well, whatever.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If his level-1 neutral Spd is 5, then it's a super boon. If it's 7, then it's not.

EDIT: According to Gamepedia, it's 7, which means no super boon.

EDIT2:

Reveal hidden contents

On the other hand, he does have a super boon on Atk. Fuck yeah.

Aww... Ah well. 28 SPD would've been cool (though I jumped to that conclusion because of Hector, who also has 24 SPD and a superboon so I figured they were related), but with Armor buffs and Skills even 27 can be made into a number that can double.

Regarding EDIT2:

Spoiler

Yeah, I just pulled +ATK Grima. Feels good. Feels real good.

4 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Aww... Ah well. 28 SPD would've been cool (though I jumped to that conclusion because of Hector, who also has 24 SPD and a superboon so I figured they were related), but with Armor buffs and Skills even 27 can be made into a number that can double.

Yeah, super boons and super banes are related to the growth rate and not the final stat.

21 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

He is hot.

Damn, how could I miss that D=.

Now I'm empty on orbs. If Laegjarn joins on the legendary banner I would be pretty sad.
Hope they give Laegjarn and Laevanteinn still some time.

Edited by Stroud

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I like how the story around Laegjarn and Laevanteinn seems to evolve. 

I wonder if the story point that makes Laegjarn defect will be Surtr ordering Laevantein to set herself ablaze, destroying her soul.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder if the story point that makes Laegjarn defect will be Surtr ordering Laevantein to set herself ablaze, destroying her soul.

It sounds pretty much like one sister would join Askir at some point and the other's soul being destroyed by the family flame. 

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

I really need to start investing into red units... i have neglected them for too long ._. (6 months +)

There are plenty to chose from, do you have some in mind? 

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This is how IS will deny us of having a blade-blade unit

But if we get the new character instead, I wouldn't mind. She's only been in one set of chapters but she's my favourite already. Love her design, too.

@Ice Dragon A new thing, from the latest update

Edited by mcsilas

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

With animations on, tapping the screen while a round of combat is initiating (before the battle sprites appear) allows dragons to start already transformed.

Is this new, or have I just not noticed all this time?

It was announced that the dragons start transformed on the second battle they participate in. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

It was announced that the dragons start transformed on the second battle they participate in. 

Ah, so tapping isn't what triggers it. Okay.

I generally don't read announcements because it's a pain to translate them this late at night when I should be sleeping.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With animations on, tapping the screen while a round of combat is initiating (before the battle sprites appear) allows dragons to start already transformed.

Is this new, or have I just not noticed all this time?

As of the latest update, the dragons only transform the first time they enter battle on a given map. Saves time!

EDIT: my Spd bane strikes again!

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

With a lag of 13 minutes, no wonder the forum asks you to fill out captchas. ;-p

This is just mean of both you and the forum >:(

Anyway, I used Marth, CYL Lucina, CYL Ike, and Celica to take care of the Lunatic quests, and it was fun. Grima quickly found himself on the end of Falchion, and Hardin got acquainted with Urvan.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This is just mean of both you and the forum >:(

Didn't mean to be mean, sorry. The captcha always occurs when I try to send big chunks of text, like with my posts in the project topic or when my connection is slow (also a reason for forum-Galeforce). I tend to have second tap open with long posts copied into it, just in case (to not lose what I wrote). 

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Anyway, I used Marth, CYL Lucina, CYL Ike, and Celica to take care of the Lunatic quests, and it was fun. Grima quickly found himself on the end of Falchion, and Hardin got acquainted with Urvan.

I just used my arena team, since these days I have few chances to do some Galeforce shenanigans. Cherche is especially useful, I'm really looking forward to fodder her my first regular Ike on sight give her Heavy Blade + QP.