Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

57 minutes ago, Hilda said:

shutting down 80% of the ranged units with a weapon upgrade isnt balancing its just bullshit imho.

Pretty much very green tome user in the game is currently shut down by Effie. A blue unit.

Effie also survives and kills Micaiah on the counterattack.

It's very clearly a design decision to make it so that dragons are a natural counter to ranged units with lopsided defenses. That's not too different from Parthia, Deathly Dagger, Felicia's Plate, and Kitty Paddle being designed to counter tomes, entire series of weapons designed to counter cavalry and armors, and an entire weapon type that counters fliers.

57 minutes ago, Hilda said:

The fixing to ranged units being opressiv should have been via Team-Synergy, skills inherited and map layout.

It's easy to list abstract ways of fixing a problem, but what concretely can be done along these lines to have the intended effect?

For example, I'll touch on why the last one is not possible in a way that is interesting to the player:

Ranged units have a natural advantage on any map that has obstacles by virtue of the fact that they can attack over them. A unit with 2 movement and 2 range has an advantage over a unit with 3 movement and 1 range because

1. Obstacles block movement, but not attack range.
  2. A unit with 2 range is closer to the rest of your units when attacking, allowing them to be more easily supported by 2-range combat buffs. Furthermore, being closer to the rest of your units means they have easier access to assist skills to extract them out. One-range units need to spend their passive B slot to use Hit and Run or Drag Back to have a similar, but weaker effect.
  3. A unit with 2 range has more flexibility on the tile that they attack from. On unobstructed terrain, a unit with 2 range can attack an opposing unit from any of 8 tiles, whereas a unit with 1 range can only attack from 4. This also means that maps with fortification tiles favor ranged units because they are harder to force off of fortification tiles.

Thus, the best (somewhat balanced) map for reducing the power of ranged units is vertical with the enemy side covered in fortification tiles and the player side with 2 fortification tiles, spaced with 2 non-fortification tiles between them and each other and the enemy's fortification floor. Then add some trenches to prevent cavalry from exploiting the lack of obstacles.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

We are at the point where its not feasable to run ranged units anymore unless they run a Firesweep bow, Dazzling/wrath staff combo, Watersweep or have the stat spread to run a desperation litrblade built or desperation + brash assault built. This hurts the game because its not feasable to go anymore for interesting skill combos, because your units are guaranteed to underperform otherwise.

Triangle Adept is still a thing. As is Fury. And Drive Def. And Atk Smoke. And Atk Ploy.

I want Steady Blow to have more availability because that could actually be useful.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

The time has come that IS introduces a Dragonstone breaker skill imho.

What we actually need is a Guard Sacred Seal.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Ice Dragon, how busted would Karel have been if he had his Binding Blade growths? I saw a thread about Karel doing stuff on Reddit and someone mentioned his high growths in FE6. Out of curiosity, I wondered what his stats would have been if he did have those growths.

Edited by Kaden

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@Ice Dragon, how busted would Karel have been if he had his Binding Blade growths? I saw a thread about Karel doing stuff on Reddit and someone mentioned his high growths in FE6. Out of curiosity, I wondered what his stats would have been if he did have those growths.

In Heroes?

Karel's 3-star level-1 base stats in Heroes are 18/7/8/5/4.

Karel's growth rates in FE6 were 210/130/140/110/100, ignoring Skill (140) and Luck (120).

5-star Heroes Karel with these parameters has level-40 stats of

HP: 108/112/115
Atk: 62/65/68
Spd: 67/71/74
Def: 51/54/58
Res: 46/49/52

Total: 350~352

So yeah. That.

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In Heroes?

Karel's 3-star level-1 base stats in Heroes are 18/7/8/5/4.

Karel's growth rates in FE6 were 210/130/140/110/100, ignoring Skill (140) and Luck (120).

5-star Heroes Karel with these parameters has level-40 stats of

HP: 108/112/115
Atk: 62/65/68
Spd: 67/71/74
Def: 51/54/58
Res: 46/49/52

Total: 350~352

So yeah. That.

Yeah, in Heroes unless you want to go with his base stats in FE6 and treat those as his level 1 stats in Heroes. That stat spread is glorious. Thanks, Ice Dragon. :p

1 hour ago, r_n said:

Karel's high growths in FE6 were because he was a promoted level 19 unit given to you on the penultimate (ish) map, right?

And because they had to make the Sword Saint the best in terms of stats to back up his status.

9 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Debating on refining Lucina's Falchion just so I can run a support with her and Grima. For the lulz.

Well you can marry Robin to Lucina in Awakening or make Robin Lucina's mom, alters one scene a bit, rather nicely too.

Which reminds me- the pinnacle of Awakening's plot is the Chapter 13 reveal that Unmasked "Marth" is Lucina, quite touching. Everything thereafter is downhill unless you're really invested in Robin, then it picks up at the end if you are. Me, well I might get invested in my avatar units more than I let on, but I always consider them to be truly not me. 

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

You just have to have a personal weapon if you're gonna survive in this meta.

Personal weapons and skills aren't a bad idea at all, otherwise everyone is the same beyond unit type and BST distribution. This said, they should make sure 100% customizable units are viable, and may want to consider expanding on the inheritable weapon selection for this reason, although they do this plentifully with Seasonals as is.

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Grima's stats

HP 48

Atk 42

SPD 14

Def 37

Res 38

That's 179 BST. Powercreep

Skadi effect is bonkers. SPD +3. At the start of turn 3 foes facing unit 3 columns cardinally take 10 damage and bonuses become penalties

This stat line is fake. The pic with it was fake, as the artist listen on it was incorrect.

Stats are still being datamined.

Amidst all the talk about the new characters, the datamine also has a set of quests that require you to defeat foes of various colours using a hero with a Water Blessing, so those of you who have been sitting on them will be none-too-subtly made to use them.

Edited by Humanoid

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Amidst all the talk about the new characters, the datamine also has a set of quests that require you to defeat foes of various colours using a hero with a Water Blessing, so those of you who have been sitting on them will be none-too-subtly made to use them.

Could I just use Fjorm as my hero with a water blessing?

Just now, Coolmanio said:

STATS:

Reveal hidden contents

5b997-iz3UmOlw7WT1xjgeW8dUBfqxnH_w_Skl1p

Yeah, these are the ones from an actually reliable source.

Grima has 174 BST, so not setting any new records. Hardin has 175.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Could I just use Fjorm as my hero with a water blessing?

The quest text goes out of its way to explicitly state that Fjorm doesn't count:

" MID_MISSION_S201802BLESS01_A8: Tower: 10th Stratum MID_MISSION_H_S201802BLESS01_A8: Clear the Tenth Stratum of the Training Tower\nusing a Hero that has the Water Blessing\nconferred on them. (Note: This is not a water-\ntype Legendary Hero.) "

@Coolmanio@silveraura25

Interesting that Grima and Celica stats are agreed upon but the Hardin and Takumi ones are different, hmm.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well you can marry Robin to Lucina in Awakening or make Robin Lucina's mom, alters one scene a bit, rather nicely too.

I know, that's precisely why I want to do it. If it had been F!Robin as Grima, I would've done a Chrom support. Provided I even pull Grima tonight...

Oh...Well, that's not what I expected but it is pretty nice nonetheless.

Spoiler

Celica's just red Cordelia with a nicer weapon, not OP by any means but she's quite good. At least Beloved Zofia puts her at 39 Atk/Spd which is on the level of a +Spd Soleil but with a drawback.

Hardin is cool, a mixed tank with good Atk is great for a blue armor. I guess he can rock a refined Berkut's Lance+ in whale land where everyone has DC.

Grima is bonkers. 40 Atk and 35 Def is just...ugh he's going to be a pain to deal with. At least his Res sucks so someone like Sophia can ruin his day before he ruins ours. Also, Alm decimates him unless he's Ward stacking.

BETREYAL is kinda meh, 31 Atk makes him inferior to normal Takumi but he's free so I suppose that's ok. At least Skadi has a cool effect (even if it is useless in arena but that mode isn't the be all end all of this game).

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I only get it when I create or edit a thread.

I get it every time I refresh or open a page. It’s bloody annoying.

Edited by Vaximillian