Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Honestly I am thinking that this legendary banner will be a skip for me unless there is a beast unit legendary.  I am waiting to see the trailer before I go ham on the stance banner since I need red and blue fodder badly.  I am really hoping that we are able to chose a free CYL 2 hero like last year because the only one I want is Hector.  

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I'm really hoping the colorless picks for the upcoming legendary banner are good.  I'd love to finally get F!Grima, but don't want to commit to sniping unless the other two possibilities are worthwhile.  Personally I'm hoping for Elise and Takumi reruns.  I wouldn't mind Mist either since I don't have her.

Don't really care about the legendary banner. 5 star locked characters aren't that viable in arena for f2p players. Maybe AA, but I have more than enough of them already

I want a weapon shop now. Stuff like Barb Shuriken, Berkut's Lance, and Poleaxe being limited is annoying to say the least. Poleaxe can show up on some other random axe cavalry, but Berkut's Lance is literally Berkut's Heroes-only lance and Barb Shuriken depends on if they want to give it some new dagger unit which also comes at the cost of other daggers that could show up like Firesweep Dagger.

Also, I'm a bit annoyed that new generic weapons are "showing up with refined effects". By that, I mean Safeguard has +7 defense when attacked right off the bat while Berkut's Lance needs to be refined to have +7 resistance, Water Breath despite needing M!Kana to be a 4* to learn it, has the target the weaker defensive stat of ranged units that older breaths need to be refined to have, and kind of Barb Shuriken having decent Mt compared to Smoke Dagger and especially Rogue Dagger.

As for upcoming weapon refinements, the only launch weapons remaining are the Askr trio's and Hector's Armads, Linde's Aura, Eliwood's Durandal, and Merric's Excalibur. I think I didn't forget anyone. I'm going with the pessimistic route of the Askr trio aren't going to be able to refine their weapons until Book 2 begins or even until Book 3 ends. Bruno and Veronica are probably going to get refinements before them. Hey, at least they'd be tougher bosses or even NPC allies. Anyway, except for Durandal, Armads, Aura, and Excalibur all do something different enough from their other counterpart that a refinement would be pretty interesting.

Hector's Hector and he has access to two of the strongest melee weapons. Armads going from QR2 to QR3 is easy, but they could make it like Roy's Binding Blade >= 50% HP QR or just fuck everyone over by giving him Vengeful Fighter as its upgraded effect and Bold Fighter as its unique refinement. How would having all three fighter skills even interact? Would he just prevent all follow-ups against him and be able to follow-up against pretty much anyone he attacks or gets attacked by?

I'm not sure what they could do with Aura other than have its effect go from Breath of Life 2 to Breath of Life 3. Built-in Swift Sparrow 2 or Desperation 3 as its unique refine? Ranged version of Dark Aura's +6 attack field buff? -6 Atk against all reds?

Durandal's in a weird spot where I feel like they should just have the its refinement update go to Blazing Durandal. Yeah, it sucks, Eliwood has to evolve Blazing Durandal to even refine Durandal, but for me, I don't see what they could add to Durandal that would make it substantially different from Blazing Durandal. The obvious is going from Death Blow 2 to Death Blow 3 as its upgraded effect, but you could just have that be Blazing Durandal's unique refinement in addition to maybe bumping up its +3 attack to +4. Hey, Audhulma exists with +5 resistance, so why not. Durandal gaining effective damage against dragons would also be something they could just have for refining Blazing Durandal. Durandal's shtick other than effective damage against dragons in Blazing Blade was its high Mt which unfortunately, is what both Durandal and Blazing Durandal have. Refined Durandal having something like Death Blow 3, effective damage against dragons, and I don't know, Dragonbreaker would work, but part of me feels like any of those could just go to Blazing Durandal which has a passive +3 attack boost and Heavy Blade 3. Watch as Durandal gains a passive +5 attack boost and effective damage against dragons as its upgraded effect and 30% damage reduction from all attacks by dragons as its unique refinement.

Excalibur is currently the only tome that's effective against fliers and compared to LotW Lyn, Merric isn't doing so hot as far as I know as an anti-air unit. Most fliers, pegasus knights, tend to have high resistance. Negating flier buffs could would help, but I wonder if they could program it so that Excalibur targets the lower defensive stat of fliers. Merric would sort of be in a Felicia situation, but he can jump from low attack to average attack with +Atk unlike Felicia who stays at low.

Edited by Kaden

My orb stockpile has gotten pretty big, so I decided to throw a few at colorless pulls from the bride rerun banner in hopes of getting Lyn, and it worked! First non-duplicate seasonal unit I've gotten from a rerun. Now I have all the Lyns except the original.

Now I have to resist the temptation to try to go for Morgan as well. Blue tome fliers are rare, but I have two already by now. Of course, she's the first dark pegasus rider, which is pretty neat. Maybe if the legendary banner goes well.

If we get a fire legendary with better arena points than Ephraim, I'm definitely pulling for them. Also, since this legendary should be red, I'm hoping they'll coincide with NY!Camilla, since she's one of the few red fliers.

13 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

No trailer today, everyday nearing the end of the month I hope the video comes out. One more day of waiting.

Same. XD They tend not to reveal these videos too early, so I try not to get my hopes up, but I always get kind of excited waiting for them to come out. Oh well. It's something to get me through the work day tomorrow at least.

There isn't any sort of event dropping at the reset today, so they could reveal the banner then, but I'm pretty sure they'll choose to do it tomorrow instead.. There's also a chance they might announce who's getting the next weapon upgrade tonight though. I'm kind of hoping that will happen sometime this week. 

24 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

No trailer today, everyday nearing the end of the month I hope the video comes out. One more day of waiting.

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Same. XD They tend not to reveal these videos too early, so I try not to get my hopes up, but I always get kind of excited waiting for them to come out. Oh well. It's something to get me through the work day tomorrow at least.

There isn't any sort of event dropping at the reset today, so they could reveal the banner then, but I'm pretty sure they'll choose to do it tomorrow instead.. There's also a chance they might announce who's getting the next weapon upgrade tonight though. I'm kind of hoping that will happen sometime this week. 

I hope the next Legendary Hero is another OC.  The alt fest does not get me as excited.

Funny that OC probably would be the least amount of controversy. Well that & another alt from the Genealogy Saga.

If Marth somehow does get another alt & there's outcry I don't know how I would react to that.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I hope the next Legendary Hero is another OC.  The alt fest does not get me as excited.

I've been doing much better at saving my orbs. The end of the next legendary banner will mark one month as f2p for me. XD I'm kind of hoping it is another alt so I'm not tempted to pull. I've tried to think through all the possible options for a non-OC legendary, and I'm not sure any of them are particularly tempting for me. Unless they threw in a random Legendary Lyon. But I like seeing new characters...even if they are alts. Lyn was...kind of rage-worthy, but I don't think they could do anything quite that bad two months in a row. *furiously knocks on wood*

I'm honestly more interested to see who's going to be on the next new character banner... 

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I've been doing much better at saving my orbs. The end of the next legendary banner will mark one month as f2p for me. XD I'm kind of hoping it is another alt so I'm not tempted to pull. I've tried to think through all the possible options for a non-OC legendary, and I'm not sure any of them are particularly tempting for me. Unless they threw in a random Legendary Lyon. But I like seeing new characters...even if they are alts. Lyn was...kind of rage-worthy, but I don't think they could do anything quite that bad two months in a row. *furiously knocks on wood*

I'm honestly more interested to see who's going to be on the next new character banner... 

It's going to be Legendary Tharja who wields a Red Tome.

8 hours ago, Kaden said:

I want a weapon shop now. Stuff like Barb Shuriken, Berkut's Lance, and Poleaxe being limited is annoying to say the least. Poleaxe can show up on some other random axe cavalry, but Berkut's Lance is literally Berkut's Heroes-only lance and Barb Shuriken depends on if they want to give it some new dagger unit which also comes at the cost of other daggers that could show up like Firesweep Dagger.

Also, I'm a bit annoyed that new generic weapons are "showing up with refined effects". By that, I mean Safeguard has +7 defense when attacked right off the bat while Berkut's Lance needs to be refined to have +7 resistance, Water Breath despite needing M!Kana to be a 4* to learn it, has the target the weaker defensive stat of ranged units that older breaths need to be refined to have, and kind of Barb Shuriken having decent Mt compared to Smoke Dagger and especially Rogue Dagger.

As for upcoming weapon refinements, the only launch weapons remaining are the Askr trio's and Hector's Armads, Linde's Aura, Eliwood's Durandal, and Merric's Excalibur. I think I didn't forget anyone. I'm going with the pessimistic route of the Askr trio aren't going to be able to refine their weapons until Book 2 begins or even until Book 3 ends. Bruno and Veronica are probably going to get refinements before them. Hey, at least they'd be tougher bosses or even NPC allies. Anyway, except for Durandal, Armads, Aura, and Excalibur all do something different enough from their other counterpart that a refinement would be pretty interesting.

Hector's Hector and he has access to two of the strongest melee weapons. Armads going from QR2 to QR3 is easy, but they could make it like Roy's Binding Blade >= 50% HP QR or just fuck everyone over by giving him Vengeful Fighter as its upgraded effect and Bold Fighter as its unique refinement. How would having all three fighter skills even interact? Would he just prevent all follow-ups against him and be able to follow-up against pretty much anyone he attacks or gets attacked by?

I'm not sure what they could do with Aura other than have its effect go from Breath of Life 2 to Breath of Life 3. Built-in Swift Sparrow 2 or Desperation 3 as its unique refine? Ranged version of Dark Aura's +6 attack field buff? -6 Atk against all reds?

Durandal's in a weird spot where I feel like they should just have the its refinement update go to Blazing Durandal. Yeah, it sucks, Eliwood has to evolve Blazing Durandal to even refine Durandal, but for me, I don't see what they could add to Durandal that would make it substantially different from Blazing Durandal. The obvious is going from Death Blow 2 to Death Blow 3 as its upgraded effect, but you could just have that be Blazing Durandal's unique refinement in addition to maybe bumping up its +3 attack to +4. Hey, Audhulma exists with +5 resistance, so why not. Durandal gaining effective damage against dragons would also be something they could just have for refining Blazing Durandal. Durandal's shtick other than effective damage against dragons in Blazing Blade was its high Mt which unfortunately, is what both Durandal and Blazing Durandal have. Refined Durandal having something like Death Blow 3, effective damage against dragons, and I don't know, Dragonbreaker would work, but part of me feels like any of those could just go to Blazing Durandal which has a passive +3 attack boost and Heavy Blade 3. Watch as Durandal gains a passive +5 attack boost and effective damage against dragons as its upgraded effect and 30% damage reduction from all attacks by dragons as its unique refinement.

Excalibur is currently the only tome that's effective against fliers and compared to LotW Lyn, Merric isn't doing so hot as far as I know as an anti-air unit. Most fliers, pegasus knights, tend to have high resistance. Negating flier buffs could would help, but I wonder if they could program it so that Excalibur targets the lower defensive stat of fliers. Merric would sort of be in a Felicia situation, but he can jump from low attack to average attack with +Atk unlike Felicia who stays at low.

Is that really a fair way to look at it though? Whats they did with Refine for oldies was to update their effect to new standard giving them good stats at the same time. The end result is the same

if anything Killer weapon existing is the bigger issue for me personally.

Durandal is.... weird yeah. An idea i had recently was to make Durandal a 1 hit only weapon, but the damage is treated as 1.5 on top of DB3. Basically the "Heavy blade" to Alm "brave blade" or in Echoes term if Alm have Double Lion Eli will have Tigerstance etc. Someone then mentioned this is hilariously broken(with Eli's 31 a DB3 Eli would have unbuffed 87 attack, atk 3 seal and hone cav that into 107. Enough to one punch Zephiel on physical side)

Dragon slayer is so bland is why i hate it so much lol and IS kinda consider them a low bonus effect. Proof? Sealed Falchion could be a standalone weapon with no Dslayer. It have it. Marthchion is Renewal and Omnidrive. Have it. But Eli have a high res so dslay eli would be funny

As for Blaze Durandal did they EVER give a refine to new standard weapon so far? I always considered every holy weapon after CYL1 new standard while many of the introduced during refinement era an old standard that can be refined to new standard. 

Refine old standard have 2 effect and 5 HP. New standard have stats and effect from the get go or 2 effect

Dragonslaying B Durandal would be really really sick though. Currently brave roys greatest combat weakness is Myrh

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Just now, Rezzy said:

It's going to be Legendary Tharja who wields a Red Tome.

She's got a legendary -blade tome that gives her +3 SPD. It's also got more might and has built in desperation and no special penalty. As far as stats go, she's got slightly more ATK and SPD than her bridal version, and sacrifices some bulk. She probably also gets like...1 turn cooldown Moonbow as her special. 

4 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

She's got a legendary -blade tome that gives her +3 SPD. It's also got more might and has built in desperation and no special penalty. As far as stats go, she's got slightly more ATK and SPD than her bridal version, and sacrifices some bulk. She probably also gets like...1 turn cooldown Moonbow as her special. 

And a mount with an exclusive B skill that lets her traverse forest tiles without movement penalty,

I here I am just waiting for the 8th so I can see whether it is time to evolve from Slakoth to Vigoroth. C'mon Nils! 

I need to find something with my overly abundant time to do until then.

And I'm not quite happy that the current calendar shows only one New Heroes banner, is it reasonable to be fearful that the next after that will be Seasonal? Well if it is swimsuits again, I'll just wait until Vax drops the assets, stare at the male art ignoring the heads and anything else objectionable in the art for a few minutes, and then ignore the Seasonals entirely.

8 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Good luck on your Julia hunt

I am such a meme now, and everyone knows exactly whom I want to get? I should chill a bit, haha. But thank you!

I want her as well. It's kind of silly that I've pulled Seliph, Ephraim, and Eirika ... but not her.

I just realized this, but every time a really big controversy happens in FeH, the community shows anger and hatred, with a small minority not caring, but this hatred dying down once the event was released. Legendary Lyn? Everyone disliked this with a select few not caring, but this hatred seemed to disappear once the banner dropped. Same with Bride Sanaki. Then again, I am using SF for this and it isn’t the most reliable for this

6 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

but this hatred dying down once the event was released. 

Hey, you can rely on me for staying forever bitter at the shit Intsys pulls off with Heroes on a basically weekly basis.

It’s almost like raging on the internet gets old very fast and doesn’t accomplish anything at all. Hmm. I wonder why.

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I am such a meme now, and everyone knows exactly whom I want to get? I should chill a bit, haha. But thank you!

I wish you the best of luck too! Dreams can still come true after a year at minimum, as I recently found.

Spoiler

AKHnFFc.png

10 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I just realized this, but every time a really big controversy happens in FeH, the community shows anger and hatred, with a small minority not caring, but this hatred dying down once the event was released. Legendary Lyn? Everyone disliked this with a select few not caring, but this hatred seemed to disappear once the banner dropped. Same with Bride Sanaki. Then again, I am using SF for this and it isn’t the most reliable for this

Well, it ain't a campaign for civil rights, people have better shit to do than to repeatedly try convince others (particularly those who are not receptive or even listening) that there's a problem

I also would characterize it more as disappointment/frustration/disgust than outright hatred and anger, but I don't speak for everyone

17 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

The community's still angry at Ayra, it's just even the most bitter of croaky old men can't keep it up for months. I don't know if I can ever forgive them for Sanaki, even if FE16 is better than Odyssey and has no fanservice of adults, let alone kids.