Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Duh, I'm given a choice. I just don't really like any of the ones I have, unfortunately.

You really shouldn't be giving people an attitude when they're trying to offer suggestions. 

Also woohoo! More glitches! That means more orbs, though IS has been a little stingy as of late by only giving 5. Hopefully its a larger amount this time as missing out on units is a huge deal compared to a simple skill bug. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

You really shouldn't be giving people an attitude when they're trying to offer suggestions. 

There's no attitude there. They stated the obvious, so I pointed that out and then only said I unfortunately didn't like what choices I had with Titania.

5 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Is it wrong of me to seriously consider sacking my only L!Lyn to give my Arena core Spd Tactics? I mean, she's -Spd anyway and I can have another shot at a better copy latter this month.

Why letting a unit you don't use collect dust, if she could improve a unit you are using a lot? 

I sacked my only Ike at Lvl 1 once to give Heavy Blade to Cherche. 

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

My love for vanilla stuff reaches quite far.

Do you like vanilla ice cream?

42 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Could've been a ploy refine or whatever. Since I'm going to get her the hp superboon for near optimal scoring (don't have DC) I'll be in need of the speed refine. I'll try to get Innes from the summer banner to give his axe to her in the near future

Why is it that I keep encountering so many regular Camillas in arena? Is she some kind of hidden dragon that I'm not aware of?

She gets to be pretty tanky with fairly high attack in the right team. Also helps that she's a bonus unit this season.

30 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Also woohoo! More glitches! That means more orbs, though IS has been a little stingy as of late by only giving 5. Hopefully its a larger amount this time as missing out on units is a huge deal compared to a simple skill bug. 

Considering it only affected very few people, I highly doubt they'll give us more... unfortunatly. Oh well, 5 orbs is a free summon!

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't want to have to waste a 5 star to give her a different weapon when her new weapon could've been good though. Instead, IS dropped the ball hard here and localization gave it a very misleading name.

Why does anyone want mixed teams over non-mixed? Using all horses or all armors or all fliers has always been great and also cool. Nothing wrong with them. If some people want to use a mixed team, good for them, but I personally prefer all horses or all fliers.

Yeah, localization was weird with the weapon, but the effect gives her a unique niche. As far as I remember, she’s the only unit who can give +6 to three stats to any movement type, which is a huge boon to blade mages especially. She’s a good support unit that also retains her ability to act as blue check. Not only that, but as stated before, she can refine her weapon, something regular gem weapons can’t do. Not the most powerful refine, but a support unit that can shut down Nowi with no problem sounds pretty good to me.

I prefer my mixed team over my others. One thing I like about it is that I no longer feel immediately threatened when an enemy unit has something like beastslayer/bows/armorslayer/etc because I’m less likely to lose a unit.

Although the tactic skills don’t buff more than one stat like home cavalry/fliers, their ability to buff stats from two spaces away gives me more flexibility when it comes to unit placement. You also get to use units from every movement type, which opens up more possibilities to different types of teams. Sure, infantry and armors might have a harder time following around cavalry and fliers, but guidance helps to alleviate this issue greatly.

Eirika is also a popular unit for mixed teams because of the ability to give her +12 to all stats when part of a tactics team. She becomes your typical strong/speedy sword, but with good bulk that most speedy swords lack. She’s only at +1 with a budget build for me, but she’s incredibly strong already.

10 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Decided to just squeeze out L!Lyn's HM before I sack her to F!Robin. Maybe we'll get a cheaper source of Spd Tactics before then?

If your luck is in any way like mine (Canas came along a month after I sacked Katarina for her tome though please ignore the fact that I still would've sacked Katarina over Canas anyways), the next GHB or TT unit (whichever comes first) will have Spd Tactic.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If your luck is in any way like mine (Canas came along a month after I sacked Katarina for her tome though please ignore the fact that I still would've sacked Katarina over Canas anyways), the next GHB or TT unit (whichever comes first) will have Spd Tactic.

I usually only grind at Navarre's anyway. At 1.5k/day, i think I can wait a bit longer. My current team is working for the next week as it is. Spd Tactics would just make things more efficient.

Speaking of grinding Navarre's GHB, I should probably get back to HM grinding since I decided to start a new merge project that isn't Nino who I said I'd do next at one point but oh well.

LTFzyN7.png?1iSrSq2u.png?1

And fortunately, it's one that is only a matter of gathering the feathers I'll need. 

Damn, I finally watched the new banner trailer and checked their stats.

Flying Tiki is so OP, and all of the others have fantastic offensive stat spreads as well. Also, Tiki emblem, Takumi Emblem, and Camilla emblem are complete.

Oh and the new Tactics Drills give 12,000 feathers and are really easy to complete so that's cool.

@Anacybele - Yes, Titania's weapon is extremely disappointing based on the expectations of it having Dragon and/or Horse effectiveness, but once you get past that, it isn't all that terrible. Not only are other Gem weapons not refinable, but they have a pathetic 12 MT as well. Titania's new weapon blows the Emerald Axe+ away big time.

Seeing as Emerald Axe+ was a pretty common choice for her weapon, I could see a lot of people running her new weapon now.

As far as mixed teams go, Tactics skills are much more versatile than the Emblem buffs because they buff at 2 range, and they are one of the few ways to give Infantry units +6 to their stats. Titania being able to give three teammates +6 to three of their stats is an extremely powerful support option. You don't even have to give the other 3 units any Tactics or other support skills since Titania can fill her role of being a Blue delete button just fine thanks to her weapon.

Edited by Hawk King

I actually like Titania's new weapon refine. I run a DC + Emerald Axe+ build on her. The extra attack just makes her better at what she already does, so even unmerged, she'll likely secure all the kills I need her to. And I don't have to worry about changing up her build to fit a new niche. The special ability doesn't really do much for me since I haven't gotten around to using tactic teams yet, but I see its usefulness. I might be able to put her on a future tactics team with Eirika perhaps? If anything, I'd probably go ahead and give her one of the stat refines. SPD is probably good, but I don't plan to spend the dew on it quite yet. 

I do plan to upgrade Nephenee's weapon however. I already gave her Steady Breath. The extra SPD and DEF will be MUCH appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

@Anacybele Yes, Titania's weapon is extremely disappointing based on the expectations of it having Dragon and/or Horse effectiveness, but once you get past that, it isn't all that terrible. Not only are other Gem weapons not refinable, but they have a pathetic 12 MT as well. Titania's new weapon blows the Emerald Axe+ away big time.

Seeing as Emerald Axe+ was a pretty common choice for her weapon, I could see a lot of people running her new weapon now.

As far as mixed teams go, Tactics skills are much more versatile than the Emblem buffs because they buff at 2 range, and they are one of the few ways to give Infantry units +6 to their stats. Titania being able to give three teammates +6 to three of their stats is an extremely powerful support option. You don't even have to give the other 3 units any Tactics or other support skills since Titania can fill her role of being a Blue delete button just fine thanks to her weapon.

I see. I was going to give Titania her weapon anyway so she's at least a LITTLE better. And I'm really mostly mad at localization for being so misleading and getting hopes up for nothing. And that's not really IS's fault.

At the very least her new weapon design looks so much better than the Emerald Axe.

not sure if i want to invest in my Titania yet despite my appeal for her character. I face more armours these days so her low Atk/Def isn’t helping against those bulky units.

My main problem with Titania being made for Tactics is I'm not really sure if I'm going to use such a middling-bad horse on a Tactics team.

There's also little reason to build up Tactics teams when there aren't any mixed challenges and trying to whip up a mixed team to face a GHB on the fly comes second to making sure you have the proper niches.

@silveraura25 people have lukewarm reception on it but Camilla is actually ridiculously good now. Her stats is close to those of Cordelia with the bonus active and she offers 3/3 offensive boost to the team. All this is backed by nice mixed bulk for more solid Dragon match up(where Minerva have low ish Res)

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Do you like vanilla ice cream?

I do like vanilla ice cream a whole lot… unless it’s some kind of a lewd euphemism.

EDIT: Meanwhile, the official twitter just released a new schedule some ten minutes ago. English soon, I guess:

EDIT#2: Wait, here it is:
Screenshot_2018-07-11-11-12-53.png

Edited by Vaximillian

Very polite of them. If my understanding of what "Heroes with Fighter Skills" is, we know all of the miscellaneous banners already.

New Power is Katarina/Titania/Nephenee, Distant Defence can only be Celica/Rhajat/Micaiah, and Heroes with Fighter Skills, if I interpreted it correctly, can only be M!Grima/Hardin/Effie.

And I'm already annoyed at the new seasonal. Hopefully that can be interpreted as CYL.

(Also, there's a huge gap in daily orbs, and that's suspicious to me.)

3 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Hopefully that can be interpreted as CYL.

CYL are not “special”. If (and that is a huge if) CYL2 are featured on this schedule, it is the 20th of July banner, not the 10th of August.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

CYL are not “special”. If (and that is a huge if) CYL2 are featured on this schedule, it is the 20th of July banner, not the 10th of August.

I'm being open to the idea of mistranslations. I recall CYL had a special kind of 'X Heroes are here' last time, I just don't remember what it was.

Same reason I won't conclusively say Fighter skills is Grima/Hardin/Effie. If it is indeed referring to the armour-exclusive Fighter skills, those are the only three permanent units with those skills.

2 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Not only are other Gem weapons not refinable, but they have a pathetic 12 MT as well.

Gem Weapons do not need super high might. In fact, regular Gem Weapons (without the +) is perfectly serviceable in Arena Assault, although units with really low Atk will still need +Atk and Attack +1 Sacred Seal to help them out. Against the right color, dealing 140% of your damage and receiving 60% of the enemy's damage is pretty insane.

I assume that special heroes banner is a typical seasonal banner and not CYL. I wonder if they're seriously going to be a 3rd summer banner or maybe they'll actually be something else.

So I guess we'll have had 1 single new heroes banner for practically the entire summer, with everything else being seasonals. I personally don't mind them, but people that have been hating the alts/seasonals are really getting destroyed by IS more and more lately.

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

I'm being open to the idea of mistranslations.

It's not.

3 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Same reason I won't conclusively say Fighter skills is Grima/Hardin/Effie.

It is.

So....are we just going to have a Tap Battle event running at all times from now on? Or perhaps the better question that’s already been asked ten thousand times: why do these damn things need to last an entire month when they stop being relevant after about two weeks?