Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

On a completely different topic, I saw a video of Lilith being used to help for Galeforce strategies and it's edging me closer to the idea that I should pick her as my freebie summon over Rinkah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK28LRM26qY.

Lilith's utility is amazing even if having another new axe infantry with high offenses would be nice. Problem is the whole support thing which I forget/ignore to use most of the time.

Speaking of Galeforce shenanigans, I remember having to deal with a CYL Ike running Galeforce in a past Grand Conquests and that was a thing of hell. I knew about the strategy from a solo video of a Nephenee using enemy phase to charge Galeforce to clear I think it was fallen Takumi. Pretty neat, but then I was on the receiving end of it with CYL Ike who used unique refined Urvan to tank everything and laughed as you charged his Galeforce.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

22 hours ago, XRay said:

Getting that BH!Ike is not about doing well in PvP modes. BH!Ike is crucial for following free guides for some of the more difficult content.

That content is permanent, and can be completed whenever.

22 hours ago, XRay said:

They do their jobs at +0, but if a player has been using their Grails to follow guides for doing other content and then crap like LHBs show up, they might not be able to scrounge up enough Grails, Sacred Coins, Feathers, and Orbs quickly enough to follow LHB guides.

LHBs are permanent, and can be completed whenever.

22 hours ago, XRay said:

That Orb collection process takes time, and they do not have access to those thousands of Orbs immediately. Squad Assaults and Chain Challenges also demand quite a few built teams. The fact still remains that they cannot rely on permanent resources as much as people think because they cannot access those resources in a timely manner to complete time sensitive modes like LHBs.

LHBs are not time sensitive, they will be rerun as long as legendary banners exist.

You're underestimating how easy it is to build up a few teams, and overestimated the percentage of resources that require multiple teams. For single team battles, there are 675 story battles and 450 paralogues. If we conservatively assume you only gain one level per character per battle, by the time you complete them all you will have 28 level 40 units.

22 hours ago, XRay said:

The resource advantage does not stop new players from pursuing their projects,

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

That content is permanent, and can be completed whenever.

LHBs are permanent, and can be completed whenever.

LHBs are not time sensitive, they will be rerun as long as legendary banners exist.

I was referring to Limited Hero Battles. I have not seen any confirmation that Limited Hero Battles are permanent or on a rotating schedule. It is best to treat LHBs as time sensitive content and prioritize completing these over permanent content.

As I have already mentioned, new players are bottlenecked by resources. Players still need to acquire resources like Reposition, Life and Death, Fury, Desperation, etc.

Just because a player can attempt a thousand maps does not mean they have access to a thousand Orbs on demand. New players do not have hundreds of Stamina Potions and there is real life fatigue too.

Exactly.

The resource gap can significantly slow down their progress depending on the type of project, and that makes the game unnecessarily daunting for new players.

Not quite sure what I am going do in the final round of Rokkr Siege. I still never figured out who to use to deal with colorless Rokkr bosses. I been thinking of quading with Klein or maybe trying a raventome unit.

On 4/17/2020 at 9:08 PM, XRay said:

The resource gap absolutely matters.

A new player still has to spend extra Sacred Coins to create Sacred Seals and extra Grails to summon Grail units to follow free guides. It is not like they can quickly get 500 Orbs on demand and summon whatever 3*/4* unit a guide happens to use.

For PvP, having a huge amount of 4*+10 units from before the Combat Manual era helps a ton for selecting bonus units or to Bless them for Arena Assault scoring. Veteran players also are less likely to run out of high demand fodder like Reposition, Desperation, Fury, and Life and Death. Having all the extra conveniences 5,000 Orbs and 3 million Feathers provide absolutely makes a difference. For Arena Assault alone, I use at least 52 units on a semi regular basis (4 permanent Team 1 units; 4 groups of Blessed units with at least 12 units each), and at least half of them got Reposition; you can make do with Swap and Draw Back, but having a huge amount of Reposition definitely saves me a lot of hassle from restarting.

5,000 orbs and 3 million feathers is far, far larger than the number of resources needed to make a competent barracks.

You're still describing the difference between a new player and a competent barracks and not the difference between a new player and a veteran player, but you're using the resource difference between a new player and a veteran player and not the resource difference between a new player and a competent barracks.

Pick one comparison or the other, justify why that comparison matters and not the other, and then argue whether or not a new player can meet that demand.

Unless I'm reading you wrong and you're actually arguing that having a competent barracks and being a veteran player are the same thing, in which case, I can definitely shift gears and argue against that, too.

For PvP, having a huge amount of 4*+10 units from before the Combat Manual era helps a ton for selecting bonus units

A friend of mine is currently holding steady at around Arena Tier 17 with a solo Askr team (i.e. solo Alfonse during Alfonse bonus weeks, solo Sharena during Sharena bonus weeks, and solo Anna during Anna bonus weeks).

It is not at all difficult to get decently high in the Arena without ever bothering to deal with bonus units other than the Askr trio.

For Arena Assault alone, I use at least 52 units on a semi regular basis (4 permanent Team 1 units; 4 groups of Blessed units with at least 12 units each),

For Arena Assault, I use fewer than 40 units period. I don't bother to match blessings except on my first team, and a new player won't need to match blessings, either. Matching blessings helps boost your score, but it isn't necessary to have a competent set of teams, and performance is far more important to a new player than boosting score.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

For Arena Assault, I use fewer than 40 units period. I don't bother to match blessings except on my first team, and a new player won't need to match blessings, either. Matching blessings helps boost your score, but it isn't necessary to have a competent set of teams, and performance is far more important to a new player than boosting score.

Personally, I've just been using a consistent set of 7 teams regardless of the season. I don't find AA to give enough payoff to be worth swapping around a bunch of teams every time.

5,000 orbs and 3 million feathers is far, far larger than the number of resources needed to make a competent barracks.

It is not necessary to create a bare bones Barracks, but it helps. The extra resources from those 3 years also provides the player with a ton of conveniences like easier scoring, Reposition on most of your relevant units, having a wider selection of bonus units to use, etc.

You're still describing the difference between a new player and a competent barracks and not the difference between a new player and a veteran player, but you're using the resource difference between a new player and a veteran player and not the resource difference between a new player and a competent barracks.

Pick one comparison or the other, justify why that comparison matters and not the other, and then argue whether or not a new player can meet that demand.

Unless I'm reading you wrong and you're actually arguing that having a competent barracks and being a veteran player are the same thing, in which case, I can definitely shift gears and argue against that, too.

Yes, I am arguing that for practical comparisons, being a veteran and having a competent Barracks are nearly synonymous. Unless a veteran severely mismanages their Barracks, the vast majority of veterans have a diverse and competent Barracks. I know they are different and anyone can have a competent Barracks, but I do not think there is a need to distinguish veterans and a competent Barracks. Being a paying player is also almost the same as having a competent Barracks, but a veteran paying player compared to a new paying player still has an advantage in Sacred Coins, Grails, and other resources.

A new player can have a competent barracks but that is going to take a while, and during that time, it is easy for them to miss out on LmHBs due to resource constraints, which further increases the resource gap.

Missing out on LmHBs speeds up the widening of the resource gap, and that is the main issue I have with LmHBs. The resource gap makes pursuing certain projects severely more expensive than necessary for new players. The resource gap also gives veterans a lot of convenience that new players do not have. While I do not think we should take away the convenience of veteran players, we do not need that convenience as much as new players do.

I think it is okay to have a resource gap, but it should be kept to a minimum as much as possible. We already have a lot of modes that increases that resource gap every week and month, and we do not need another mode to speed up the widening rate of that gap any further than it already is. That resource gap combined with certain stupid game mechanics like the increasing cost of Grail units and Sacred Seal creation costs makes pursuing certain projects severely more expensive and difficult than necessary, and it punishes new players for no other reason than simply being new.

The resource gap also gives veterans a huge advantage in terms of convenience in many modes, including PvP. Convenience is not super necessary, but it certainly helps and matters. Being able to Firesweep with Pain/Gravity or having a large selection of counter units to choose from makes Arena Assault a lot easier and more bearable, and being able to score higher with Blessings also helps. It is not just one or two minor conveniences that veteran players have in a few modes, it is the combination of all the minor conveniences in a lot of different modes that makes convenience a big deal.

Matching Blessings is not necessary to do well, but it certainly helps.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

It is not necessary to create a bare bones Barracks, but it helps.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Convenience is not super necessary, but it certainly helps and matters.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Matching Blessings is not necessary to do well, but it certainly helps.

Here is the entire problem with your argument.

A job that pays a million dollars a year will "help" a person live a comfortable life, but it's far and above what is necessary to do so. Of course everything "helps", but anything above and beyond the amount necessary to reach the baseline no longer contributes to reaching the baseline. Anything that is not necessary is not necessary.

We're discussing how quickly a player can reach the baseline to clear content, not how quickly a player can become the game equivalent of a rich old geezer.

By your own admission, having a competent barracks and being a veteran are not the same thing, and yet you provide no justification as to why it is reasonable to not distinguish between the two. A player can and generally will have a competent barracks long before they become a veteran, especially a veteran of 3 years, when it takes at most a month or two to do so.

Once again, I will say that you are too fixated with the difference in resources between a new player and a veteran when we're instead talking about the difference between a new player's power and the amount necessary to comfortably complete game content.

If you want to argue that the difference in resources between a new player and a veteran is the same as the amount of power you need to have to comfortably complete game content, then you will have to show that having any less than that difference in resources will prevent a player from comfortably completing game content, not just make it more difficult: that this amount is, in fact, the bare minimum needed. And in fact, you have stated completely otherwise. The resource difference "helps", but "is not necessary to create a bare bones barracks".

9 hours ago, Othin said:

Personally, I've just been using a consistent set of 7 teams regardless of the season. I don't find AA to give enough payoff to be worth swapping around a bunch of teams every time.

The reason I have a pool of about 40 or so units is because I choose to counter pick the opponent's team instead of relying on my preset teams. It's easier to expend effort on building a counter team than it is to expend effort trying to make a less optimal preset team win, especially when I'm constantly dealing with all of the new and shiny annoying units that they added to the game.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Once again, I will say that you are too fixated with the difference in resources between a new player and a veteran when we're instead talking about the difference between a new player's power and the amount necessary to comfortably complete game content.

But those two issues are linked. Having more resources helps a player. It sure is not necessary to have Reposition on everyone or have enough Firesweep Pain/Gravity nukes, but that convenience helps in obtaining resources and stop the gap from growing.

Anything that is not necessary is not necessary.

Player Phase teams technically does not even need Reposition and you can go with Swap or Draw Back, but it sure as hell is going to be a lot more difficult.

We're discussing how quickly a player can reach the baseline to clear content, not how quickly a player can become the game equivalent of a rich old geezer.

And there IS an issue with clearing baseline content for new players. We do not know if LmHBs are permanent or on a rotating schedule, or if it is a one time thing like Rival Domains and other weekly/monthly modes. LmHBs can be difficult for new players to complete because of the large amount of maps in such a short time span means that there is a possibility that new players may run out of resources to follow free guides.

By your own admission, having a competent barracks and being a veteran are not the same thing, and yet you provide no justification as to why it is reasonable to not distinguish between the two. A player can and generally will have a competent barracks long before they become a veteran, especially a veteran of 3 years, when it takes at most a month or two to do so.

It does not take just a month or two, there are still Sacred Coins, Grails, Divine Dew, etc. that goes into a Barracks, and many of those resources are time gated. Additionally, the Sacred Coin and Grail incomes of new players are significantly reduced, due to the additional fees for creating Sacred Seals and spending additional Grails to obtain extra copies of Grail units.

Even if a person is a whale and got unlimited Orbs, there are still limits to the amount of grinding that a sane person can do via auto battling on Rival Domains for Feathers.

If you want to argue that the difference in resources between a new player and a veteran is the same as the amount of power you need to have to comfortably complete game content, then you will have to show that having any less than that difference in resources will prevent a player from comfortably completing game content, not just make it more difficult: that this amount is, in fact, the bare minimum needed. And in fact, you have stated completely otherwise. The resource difference "helps", but "is not necessary to create a bare bones barracks".

The resource gap does not stop new players from doing anything, but it makes things unnecessarily more expensive and difficult to do so. You do not need whole bunch of Firesweepers and hard counters, you do not need Reposition on everyone, you do not the free copies of Grail units the game gives. However, having those things makes the gameplay experience much more pleasant and the tedious modes much more bearable.

While I enjoy Aether Raids more so than most, Aether Raids is not exactly the idea of fun for many players. For the most extreme case, I only need to spend a few weeks playing Aether Raids to get my Marth!Lucina to +10 since I already have 9 copies of her. A new player has to wait over three-quarters of a year (assuming 400 Grails per month; 3,700 Grails to summon 11 copies) to get Marth!Lucina to +10. The resource gap sure does not stop players from pursuing a Marth!Lucina project, but it does make that experience a hell of a lot more asinine and uncomfortable. Even for Tempest Trials units with only 2 free copies, a new player still has to spend an extra 2.5 months acquiring 1,000 Grails for the last 2 copies that they missed out on.

We already have a lot of modes that continuously widen the resource gap. We do not need to add another mode that speeds up the widening of that gap.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

But those two issues are linked.

Being linked does not make them the same. You still haven't substantiated any of your claim that their linkedness makes them interchangeable as benchmarks. All you've done is assert the same claim again in different words.

Having lots of money and having lots of stuff are linked, but not always interchangeable. In most urbanized areas, having lots of money is generally more useful for daily functions, like buying groceries or filling up on gas, than having lots of stuff. You typically cannot use stuff to buy stuff without first turning it into money, and most kinds of stuff cannot be turned into money immediately on demand.

So while having a competent barracks and having the resources of a veteran are linked by the fact that having the resource of a veteran generally means you have a competent barracks, you have not yet justified the fact that you assert that the reverse of having a competent barracks means you need to have the resources of a veteran.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Having more resources helps a player.

Saying that "having more resources helps a player" is utterly meaningless. Resources help a player when they are first starting out, help a player when they have just acquired a competent barracks, help a player when they're a veteran, and still continue to help a player even when they're a veteran whale.

It's no different than saying "having more money makes you less poor". More money makes you less poor whether you're broke or have millions.

The statements are both true, but convey absolutely nothing.

What matters here is not whether or not resources help, but whether or not resources help reach a specific goal. In the case of this discussion, it's the goal of having a competent barracks. In which case, yes, more resources help you get a competent barracks, but they stop helping once you already have a competent barracks. Having more money helps you pay off student loans, but it stops helping you pay off your student loans after your student loans are paid off.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Player Phase teams technically does not even need Reposition and you can go with Swap or Draw Back, but it sure as hell is going to be a lot more difficult.

I've had no problem with Draw Back. My Ophelia still runs it over Reposition (she has both). I think you might have spent too much time using Reposition to play around with the other movement Assist skills and see that, while they are not always optimal, they are still perfectly viable.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

LmHBs can be difficult for new players to complete because of the large amount of maps in such a short time span means that there is a possibility that new players may run out of resources to follow free guides.

New players should be willing to accept that they won't be able to complete absolutely everything the game throws at them immediately in the exact same vein that they should accept that the boat has already sailed on past limited rewards.

If a player hasn't get gotten to the point where they can follow a free guide, then content above their ability is functionally no different than content that they have already missed.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

It does not take just a month or two, there are still Sacred Coins, Grails, Divine Dew, etc. that goes into a Barracks, and many of those resources are time gated.

You do not need a lot of Sacred Coins, Grails, or Divine Dew to make a competent barracks.

Many of the more recent free units are fully functional without merges or with minimal merges, and we still get roughly 2 new free units and 1 repeat old free unit every month.

The majority of Sacred Seals are situational or niche or are back-up skills for when a better seal is already in use by another unit. There are only a few must-grab seals that make a huge difference in performance, and the rest are not needed to make builds work. It is perfectly possible to have a competent barracks with just a few Sacred Seals.

28 minutes ago, XRay said:

For the most extreme case, I only need to spend a few weeks playing Aether Raids to get my Marth!Lucina to +10 since I already have 9 copies of her. A new player has to wait over three-quarters of a year (assuming 400 Grails per month; 3,700 Grails to summon 11 copies) to get Marth!Lucina to +10. The resource gap sure does not stop players from pursuing a Marth!Lucina project, but it does make that experience a hell of a lot more asinine and uncomfortable.

That's nice, but also irrelevant. Using egregious cases can be nice for making a point, but that only works if the egregious case is reasonably likely to occur. A new player would likely choose a different, more recent Grail character that would be cheaper to build both in terms of base skills and in terms of having higher stats and therefore needing fewer merges and fewer expended Grails to match in strength, like Astram.

Being linked does not make them the same. You still haven't substantiated any of your claim that their linkedness makes them interchangeable as benchmarks. All you've done is assert the same claim again in different words.

They are not completely the same, but they are similar enough to be interchangeable in this context. I am not sure how else to explain it.

So while having a competent barracks and having the resources of a veteran are linked by the fact that having the resource of a veteran generally means you have a competent barracks, you have not yet justified the fact that you assert that the reverse of having a competent barracks means you need to have the resources of a veteran.

You do not need a lot of Sacred Coins, Grails, or Divine Dew to make a competent barracks.

Many of the more recent free units are fully functional without merges or with minimal merges, and we still get roughly 2 new free units and 1 repeat old free unit every month.

The majority of Sacred Seals are situational or niche or are back-up skills for when a better seal is already in use by another unit. There are only a few must-grab seals that make a huge difference in performance, and the rest are not needed to make builds work. It is perfectly possible to have a competent barracks with just a few Sacred Seals.

A barebones competent Barracks does not need huge amount of resources, but that is hardly easy or comfortable to use as I have already explained multiple times.

Having more Repositions, Sacred Seals, etc. makes the gameplay experience much more pleasant.

What matters here is not whether or not resources help, but whether or not resources help reach a specific goal. In the case of this discussion, it's the goal of having a competent barracks. In which case, yes, more resources help you get a competent barracks, but they stop helping once you already have a competent barracks. Having more money helps you pay off student loans, but it stops helping you pay off your student loans after your student loans are paid off.

But having a competent Barracks is not the only goal. The player still needs resources to pursue whatever project they want to work on.

I've had no problem with Draw Back. My Ophelia still runs it over Reposition (she has both). I think you might have spent too much time using Reposition to play around with the other movement Assist skills and see that, while they are not always optimal, they are still perfectly viable.

I know they are viable. Many of my hard counters run Swap or Draw Back before I gave them Reposition. However, it is all the minor conveniences combined that gives the game a better, overall experience. Instead of being frustrated and settling for a 1-death win streak in Arena Assault, a player with an easier to use and convenient team would more likely go for a second run and aim for deathless.

I am willing to put up with how shitty my Team 1 armor team on most weeks since it is pretty easy to win using Teams 2-7. If I had to replace half my nukes' Repositions with Swaps or Draw Backs, I will probably just settle for 1-death win streak instead of trying for deathless win streak.

New players should be willing to accept that they won't be able to complete absolutely everything the game throws at them immediately in the exact same vein that they should accept that the boat has already sailed on past limited rewards.

If a player hasn't get gotten to the point where they can follow a free guide, then content above their ability is functionally no different than content that they have already missed.

They should not expect that they will be able to do things in the same vein as veteran players, but requiring at least an extra 2.5 months of work on every Tempest Trial unit and many Grand Hero Battle units starts to feel a little unreasonable in my opinion.

That's nice, but also irrelevant. Using egregious cases can be nice for making a point, but that only works if the egregious case is reasonably likely to occur. A new player would likely choose a different, more recent Grail character that would be cheaper to build both in terms of base skills and in terms of having higher stats and therefore needing fewer merges and fewer expended Grails to match in strength, like Astram.

Lucina is a pretty popular waifu. While I advise players to prioritize powerful units over favorite units first, after they are done with investing in powerful units, they can do whatever they want with the extra resources on favorites.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, Thane said:

"Now that we have all the children together, we can't lose." - Veronica, 2020.

Kind of reminds me a little of Digimon and Bernie Sanders.

Huh... so before I knew it, I had enough copies to +5 Ross, but I'm so indecisive as to weather or not I want +ATK or +SPD for his final nature, I'm sitting on those two respective copies in my barracks.

I know the SPD ceiling for Echidna is significantly higher and she'll almost certainly be that instead of +ATK but I can't help but feel like Ross will benefit a lot from the +3 SPD, especially in AR and PvE content rather than the +4 ATK even if it is a fantastic superboon. I just don't know.... maybe it'll matter less at +10, you know? 

At +4 Ross will have 40 SPD with his +SPD, +5 DF and the +3 SPD on his weapon which is pretty freaking nice. On the other hand he could have 58 ATK and 37 SPD which will eventually be around 60+ and 41 at +10 if I opt for +ATK.

Question is what's better? 61 ATK and 39 SPD or 57 ATK and 42 SPD?

With Echidna it's a much simpler choice. +ATK is 56 ATK and 44 SPD and +SPD is 53 ATK and 47 SPD. 

9 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Huh... so before I knew it, I had enough copies to +5 Ross, but I'm so indecisive as to weather or not I want +ATK or +SPD for his final nature, I'm sitting on those two respective copies in my barracks.

I know the SPD ceiling for Echidna is significantly higher and she'll almost certainly be that instead of +ATK but I can't help but feel like Ross will benefit a lot from the +3 SPD, especially in AR and PvE content rather than the +4 ATK even if it is a fantastic superboon. I just don't know.... maybe it'll matter less at +10, you know? 

At +4 Ross will have 40 SPD with his +SPD, +5 DF and the +3 SPD on his weapon which is pretty freaking nice. On the other hand he could have 58 ATK and 37 SPD which will eventually be around 60+ and 41 at +10 if I opt for +ATK.

Question is what's better? 61 ATK and 39 SPD or 57 ATK and 42 SPD?

With Echidna it's a much simpler choice. +ATK is 56 ATK and 44 SPD and +SPD is 53 ATK and 47 SPD. 

It mostly depends on application.

I went with +Atk for my Ross since I am using him as a Brave Axe Galeforcer with Time's Pulse. If you are giving Ross a regular Desperation build with Slaying Axe, +Spd is better. If you want him to stick with Brave Axe, then +Atk is better.

Same for Echidna. +Spd is generally better to future proof the unit against fast enemies. +Atk is better if you want her to use Brave Axe.

Edited by XRay

13 hours ago, Thane said:

"Now that we have all the children together, we can't lose." - Veronica, 2020.

Yeah, and hiding behind literal children was a certainly a new low for them. And no, the Injustice-brand Happy Pills that Thorr apparently gave those kids doesn't make the scenario any less despicable.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

It mostly depends on application.

I went with +Atk for my Ross since I am using him as a Brave Axe Galeforcer with Time's Pulse. If you are giving Ross a regular Desperation build with Slaying Axe, +Spd is better. If you want him to stick with Brave Axe, then +Atk is better.

Same for Echidna. +Spd is generally better to future proof the unit against fast enemies. +Atk is better if you want her to use Brave Axe.

He's my favorite FE8 character so I'm going to give him a lot of stuff. Guard Axe, Slaying, Rearguard, Rouse SPD/DEF, Aether and I'm also considering using him as an AR tank with Null-C at some point down the line, but this is my current build goal with him.

EyxIla2.png

He's supported with Lute who I have Infantry Breath fodder for when the time comes. The idea for him in most content will be to take a hit and heal up with Sol +20. He does a pretty good job with Odd Spd Wave/Rouse SPD/DEF and Noontime in place of Sol/Time's Pulse but his survivability would shoot up with TP. Only thing is the QR seal would be a lot less necessary if I keep +SPD at high merges, it'll probably have to be a staple if he's +ATK though.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

He's my favorite FE8 character so I'm going to give him a lot of stuff.

If you do not mind the extra cost in Feathers, I recommend building 2 Rosses. I got two Cecilias, two Cordelias, two BB!Cordelias, four Reinhardts, etc.; besides the Reinhardts (3 of them are +Atk, 1 is neutral for following guides), everyone else has a different build to better take advantage of their particular nature. Since he is a 3*/4* unit and he does not have any particular valuable skills for inheritance, you will eventually have a lot of copies for him.

12 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Slaying, Rearguard, Rouse SPD/DEF, Aether and I'm also considering using him as an AR tank with Null-C at some point down the line, but this is my current build goal with him.

EyxIla2.png

He's supported with Lute who I have Infantry Breath fodder for when the time comes. The idea for him in most content will be to take a hit and heal up with Sol +20. He does a pretty good job with Odd Spd Wave/Rouse SPD/DEF and Noontime in place of Sol/Time's Pulse but his survivability would shoot up with TP. Only thing is the QR seal would be a lot less necessary if I keep +SPD at high merges, it'll probably have to be a staple if he's +ATK though.

I lean towards +Spd if you are going with a tank build to help him avoid doubles. Spd in the low 40s is not exactly fast. Low 40s should be enough to avoid most doubles in Abyssal, but I do not think it is enough for him to double naturally, so I think Quick Riposte would still be good.

I am kind of hesitant to use Wrath on Enemy Phase units since it needs the tank to be almost out of Quick Riposte range in order for it to work. But if the enemy does not deal enough damage, then Wrath does not do anything. I personally prefer Lull Atk/Spd on the B slot for increasing bulkiness.

On 4/17/2020 at 4:32 PM, Ice Dragon said:

As a veteran player and a former whale, I know full well that it absolutely doesn't matter that I have 137 level 40+10 5-star units and 461 total level 40 5-star units when I only ever use the same 30 or 40 of them on a regular basis. Having a huge amount of barracks variety is utterly pointless after you reach a certain point where you have enough of your bases covered.

Considering how FEH revenue is dropping, I want to investigate the reasons behind it so I'm wondering what caused you to become a former whale? Anyway, new players are probably not going to make the best decisions and might waste a lot of their precious resources so it'd take a longer time for them to catch up than a hypothetical veteran who restarts the game. For that reason, I think sacred coins and maybe divine dew should be grind-able in training tower, at least for players who recently join FEH. 

On 4/18/2020 at 4:34 AM, Kaden said:

On a completely different topic, I saw a video of Lilith being used to help for Galeforce strategies and it's edging me closer to the idea that I should pick her as my freebie summon over Rinkah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK28LRM26qY.

Lilith's utility is amazing even if having another new axe infantry with high offenses would be nice. Problem is the whole support thing which I forget/ignore to use most of the time.

Yeah, it would have been awesome if she was the first dragon with a GF-like special. 

20 hours ago, XRay said:

If you do not mind the extra cost in Feathers, I recommend building 2 Rosses. I got two Cecilias, two Cordelias, two BB!Cordelias, four Reinhardts, etc.; besides the Reinhardts (3 of them are +Atk, 1 is neutral for following guides), everyone else has a different build to better take advantage of their particular nature. Since he is a 3*/4* unit and he does not have any particular valuable skills for inheritance, you will eventually have a lot of copies for him.

I lean towards +Spd if you are going with a tank build to help him avoid doubles. Spd in the low 40s is not exactly fast. Low 40s should be enough to avoid most doubles in Abyssal, but I do not think it is enough for him to double naturally, so I think Quick Riposte would still be good.

I am kind of hesitant to use Wrath on Enemy Phase units since it needs the tank to be almost out of Quick Riposte range in order for it to work. But if the enemy does not deal enough damage, then Wrath does not do anything. I personally prefer Lull Atk/Spd on the B slot for increasing bulkiness.

In his current state he triggers Wrath pretty quickly but a Lull is a good idea as well. I kind of used him as a mixed phase unit as well but I understand he's very incomplete currently. He'll probably get something like Lull ATK/DEF at some point.

Also that feeling you get when you grab the Emephera from the TT and excitedly go to claim your free Alm to fix your -SPD only to realize you FORGOT TO CLAIM THE 40 EPHEMERA FROM ROKKR SEIGES ALONG WITH THE ORB BEFORE IT EXPIRED.

Sitting at 290, feels bad man. Life is so busy. First time something like that slipped my mind. I hope I'll still have enough to get him and the free Olwen before the next update.

39 minutes ago, Zeo said:

In his current state he triggers Wrath pretty quickly but a Lull is a good idea as well. I kind of used him as a mixed phase unit as well but I understand he's very incomplete currently. He'll probably get something like Lull ATK/DEF at some point.

Also that feeling you get when you grab the Emephera from the TT and excitedly go to claim your free Alm to fix your -SPD only to realize you FORGOT TO CLAIM THE 40 EPHEMERA FROM ROKKR SEIGES ALONG WITH THE ORB BEFORE IT EXPIRED.

Sitting at 290, feels bad man. Life is so busy. First time something like that slipped my mind. I hope I'll still have enough to get him and the free Olwen before the next update.

Hm? I just checked and I also have 290, and I don't think I missed any. By my calculation I believe we got 120 from the latest FB, 120 from the Rokkr, and 50 from the TT that's just started. Will pick up Alm with the income we get from Hjall of Fjorms on the 26th.

Anyone who has more want to chime in?

EDIT: We got a total of 750 Season 3 Ephemera by the way, so hopefully there's a similar buffer for this month anyway.

EDITEDIT: This post should confirm that 290 is the current maximum.

Edited by Humanoid

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Hm? I just checked and I also have 290, and I don't think I missed any. By my calculation I believe we got 120 from the latest FB, 120 from the Rokkr, and 50 from the TT that's just started. Will pick up Alm with the income we get from Hjall of Fjorms on the 26th.

Anyone who has more want to chime in?

EDIT: We got a total of 750 Season 3 Ephemera by the way, so hopefully there's a similar buffer for this month anyway.

EDITEDIT: This post should confirm that 290 is the current maximum.

Oh... That's a relief then. Thanks for the clarification.

On 4/20/2020 at 9:51 PM, Icelerate said:

Considering how FEH revenue is dropping, I want to investigate the reasons behind it so I'm wondering what caused you to become a former whale?

The trigger was back in October when I needed to do repairs on my car (broken diagnostics sensors), which ended up costing me a bit over $1,000 and dug pretty sharply into my gacha fund, requiring me to reduce spending for a while. Additionally, the meta has been pretty stagnant since then and there really hasn't been anything that has been added to the game that has been a must-have to merge (besides Altina, but I got lucky and pulled 9 copies of her on a fraction of my usual budget on her release banner), so I haven't really felt the need to spend the same amount of money on the game as before.

There's also the fact that I'm splitting my (now smaller) gacha fund four ways now due to the release of Monster Hunter Riders and the fact that I'm buying console games again (and that's now coming from my gacha fund instead of my anime merch fund).