Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh, I think an Embla Reinhardt is inevitable at this point. Maybe not right after this but soon enough. 

Maybe at some point. But I don't see that happening anytime soon at all. Maybe much farther down the line.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

14 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh, I think an Embla Reinhardt is inevitable at this point. Maybe not right after this but soon enough. 

Oh you know they will totally do Embla Reinhardt at some point. It feels like an IS thing to do

53 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I'm sure we'll probably see Embla Reinhardt eventually. He's a homegrown Heroes meme, and they probably aren't concerned with what effectively equates to giving him +2 attack, and then a bunch of stats he doesn't care about. Being already strong didn't stop Eliwood from getting one.

Eliwood's weak though. As a year 1 launch unit with no stats that really stand out, he's meh. He's outclassed by many of the sword cavaliers that came later. Sigurd, Hrid, legendary Seliph, etc. His own kid outclasses him too (for the most part. I don't know if OG Roy is better), if you ask me. And I prefer Eliwood as a character over him.

Now legendary Eliwood is pretty damn good.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Eliwood's weak though. As a year 1 launch unit with no stats that really stand out, he's meh. He's outclassed by many of the sword cavaliers that came later. Sigurd, Hrid, legendary Seliph, etc. His own kid outclasses him too (for the most part. I don't know if OG Roy is better), if you ask me. And I prefer Eliwood as a character over him.

Umm, ever since Blazing Durandal got a refine, OG Eliwood has been one of the best f2p units in the game. 

Also, Hrid/Sigurd/Legendary Seliph are enemy phase units, so not even competing with him. Honestly, Sigurd hasn't aged well either, and is in desperate need of a refine and Resplendent stats himself. I would know, as Sigurd is one of my few 5 star exclusive +10s out of pure favoritism.

OG Roy couldn't outclass him because they aren't even the same movement type. Brave Roy could, but the difference is small, and we're talking about a premium unit and a free one. I know a whale doesn't make that distinction, but most players do.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Regular eliwood, even without resplendent stats, is the best sword cavalier in the game, it’s not even close. 

Eliwood is for sword cavs what reinhardt is for blue tome cavs.

3 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Regular eliwood, even without resplendent stats, is the best sword cavalier in the game, it’s not even close. 

That doesn't sound quite right. Brave Roy is essentially a clone of him, with slightly higher stats than non-resplendent Eliwood in exchange for way worse accessibility, no access to regular Durandal, and no resplendent version. 

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Agree to disagree then. I 5-starred a +Spd Eliwood once and his stats are so bad. He's not worth it to me.

It's not about his stats, it's about refined Blazing Durandal.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He still needs the stats to use it well, obviously.

Sure, but a strong weapon makes it possible for him to use it very well even with weak stats. +Atk and merges help, and those are easily accessible to him.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He still needs the stats to use it well, obviously.

The stat difference between Eliwood and Brave Roy is relatively small. 1 point of atk and a few points of spd less. With the Resplendent bonuses, he has 1 less spd and 1 more atk. 

Given that most of Eliwood/Brave Roy's player phase actually comes from the refine, Swift Sparrow/Atk Spd Solo/Atk Spd Push, and choice seal, the difference is negligible. Both units have absolutely insane player phase atk, spd, and defense.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Sure, but a strong weapon makes it possible for him to use it very well even with weak stats. +Atk and merges help, and those are easily accessible to him.

Eh, maybe. Either way, I don't have enough interest in him to build him up further anyway. He isn't a favorite.

Turn-one Galeforce activation without requiring the Heavy Blade seal (or indeed any other help at all) is absolutely glorious. And it's unconditional so he can still do it in the face of constant stat inflation in all modes these days, something my Oscar is sadly falling victim to these days. Probably the only Resplendent I could ever see myself paying for - though admittedly I'd only do so if I didn't need to sign up for the FEH Pass on top of that in order to buy old Resplendents.

I built him because I was getting annoyed at no Ares showing up for like 6 months, so now I have two +10 sword cavaliers with absolutely no regrets. Of my fifteen 5*+10 units, both are in my top five, if not top three. I can only dream of there eventually being blue and green equivalents to him. (Legendary Leif is already kind of a grey equivalent)

Edited by Humanoid

Uh... forget Eliwood, Cordelia was and still is one of the best Lance Fliers in the game (great offensive stat spread, great Prf Brave Lance while still having synergy with inheritable lances, just as available as Eliwood, even already comes with Galeforce) and she also got a Resplendent attire.
Eliwood I'd argue only came into his element when Brave Roy got that refine, but Cordelia was always really good. So... take that as you will.

15 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Eliwood I'd argue only came into his element when Brave Roy got that refine, but Cordelia was always really good. So... take that as you will.

And she’s even better if you give her blatant favoritism like I did:

Spoiler

kyxHD3Y.jpg

You can judge me for the lack of Life and Death 4 if you wish, but that is out of my hand as I’ve never pulled Igrene or Leila.

My poor Cordelias - I got a +Atk one and a +Spd one in fairly close order back near launch. Now they have an unrefined Prf and a Firesweep Lance+ respectively but still only have DB2 and LnD2 (don't judge me, this was 2017 😛) because I've been too indecisive about which of them to really invest into. That and I'm waiting on Shigure's refine in case it ends up suiting my needs better.

Then again, Duo Palla is just so amazingly good for how I use my fliers that even unmerged, I don't really feel the need to have another player-phase lance flier. Altena might suit my needs better, but I can only get her to +5 currently.

EDIT: Ugh, the insufficient copies thing is hitting me on all fronts. My candidates for next +10 are Reyson, Tethys and Altena but I can only get them to +8, +6 and +5 respectively. 340k feathers now, once I get to 400k I'll just pick an older unit to +10 while I wait for the units I really want. It's probably going to come down to a choice between Tharja, Klein or Gordin.

Edited by Humanoid

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Then again, Duo Palla is just so amazingly good for how I use my fliers that even unmerged, I don't really feel the need to have another player-phase lance flier.

Neither do I. Really lucky to get an Atk asset for her as well.

Thanks to the Resplendent artwork, Olwen looks more like Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell series), down to the, erm, posterior.

13 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Neither do I. Really lucky to get an Atk asset for her as well.

Thanks to the Resplendent artwork, Olwen looks more like Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell series), down to the, erm, posterior.

the same. she's really good. 

Chalk another one for OG Eliwood being the best sword cav. i have him and ares. and it's all good there. 
I will also do Cordelia. (honestly, for most units in the 3-4 pool i have no problems slowly building them all up, because i feel they all have their place. building units are fun). 

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I'm hoping that one of the future Askr costumes is Laslow. He even comments on how joining the Order of Heroes might make him more popular with women (but that white isn't his color).

Felicia mentions wanting to try the capes I believe, so that could be fun too. 

5 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

not really, the resplendent stats made him shine, he wasnt bad, but he wasnt as good as he is now due the resplendant stats and his refine. Brave Roy was better in Player phase.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

not really, the resplendent stats made him shine, he wasnt bad, but he wasnt as good as he is now due the resplendant stats and his refine. Brave Roy was better in Player phase.

Technically yes, but unless you’re a whale or have had B!Roy as a specific merge project, he won’t be +10. 

Based on pure combat performance, before resplendent stats Eliwood was slightly behind, but for most people in actuality he was miles ahead since he is easily merged. It’s like looking only at 20/20 units stats in FE, it doesn’t tell the whole story. 

I’ll read through the rest tomorrow, see if the discussion was interesting.