• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

The nice thing about losing at 9-5 in the Ch9 Lunatic CC is that retrying the full CC costs less stamina than retrying just 9-5 Lunatic in the regular story mode.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I noticed yesterday that someone finally got around to moving Reinhardt up from A+ to S-tier on the vanilla tier list. Lawls.

He wasn't already S-tier?  He doesn't even need horse buffs to be OP.

5 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Hide contents

v6FM745.png

Good lord, I now have three Mathildas.

But still no Delthea. :[

At least she can Horse Emblem.  Mine hits 46 Res.  I only have one, though.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

He wasn't already S-tier?  He doesn't even need horse buffs to be OP.

I specifically set the cut-off for my Grand Hero Battle challenges at A-tier or lower because Reinhardt was A+-tier.

55 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I specifically set the cut-off for my Grand Hero Battle challenges at A-tier or lower because Reinhardt was A+-tier.

Wow, Est is a higher tier than Ursula.  I love my Est, but she had been C tier last I checked.  What makes her so good?

Is there something the game isn't telling us in terms of pulling? Like, Focuses, to be more exact. The game states the probability is the same, yet, that doesn't explain how people are far more likely to pull on a certain Focus. I find it far too rare to pull a *5 that isn't part of one. Hell, didn't think it was possible until I saw other people do it...

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Wow, Est is a higher tier than Ursula.  I love my Est, but she had been C tier last I checked.  What makes her so good?

Ursula is considered dogtrash so her position would be pretty low regardless of logic

Funny enough Ursula is actually one of the more prominent character for Ice Dragon challenge

12 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Is there something the game isn't telling us in terms of pulling? Like, Focuses, to be more exact. The game states the probability is the same, yet, that doesn't explain how people are far more likely to pull on a certain Focus. I find it far too rare to pull a *5 that isn't part of one. Hell, didn't think it was possible until I saw other people do it...

If you're pulling all orbs regardless of color, your chances of getting a focus 5* should be the same as your chances of pulling a non-focus one, but there's always the possibility of variation. If you avoid colors without focuses and/or pull more from colors with multiple focuses, you'll be more likely to get focus characters.

To my recollection, I've pulled 12 focus 5*s and 8 non-focus 5*s, so I certainly haven't found it to be rare. I initially pulled regardless of color, but I've since started tending much more towards focus colors.

Edited by Othin

26 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You're looking at the wrong tier list. Est is C-tier on the vanilla tier list because her default kit is abysmally terrible. Est is A-plus-tier on the inheritance tier list because her 35 base Atk is great for using a Brave Lance+.

Ursula is low because she's the weakest of the blue cavalry mages and the Gamepedia tier lists don't account for buffs (or at least, that's what they say). Olwen and Reinhardt both have better stat spreads for Blarblade+ due to access to non-neutral natures (+Atk Olwen has strictly better offensive stats than Ursula) and merges.

19 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

The displayed probabilities are accurate as long as you pretend you don't see the color of the orb you are pulling. What the game effectively does is pick five units, then show you the color of the unit, which means if you are only hunting for focus units from three or fewer colors, your chances of pulling focus character will be higher than your chances of pulling off-focus five-star characters.

Furthermore, there's always the fact that most players don't have a large enough sample size to actually have results that are guaranteed to be close to the average. When your sample size is small, the statistical noise is at the same intensity as rare occurrences.

14 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

the hell is that

To bring more attention on the less-used units in this game, I put out challenges for the Zephiel and Camus Grand Hero Battles.

For Zephiel, the requirements were

• No unit A-plus-tier or higher on the vanilla tier list. This disqualifies all dancers and almost all of the "good" mages.
  • No skill inheritance.
  • No merges that would change the outcome of a round of combat.

For Camus, I added the requirement

• No Triangle Adept or gem weapons.
Edited by Ice Dragon

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

To bring more attention on the less-used units in this game, I put out challenges for the Zephiel and Camus Grand Hero Battles.

For Zephiel, the requirements were

• No unit A-plus-tier or higher on the vanilla tier list. This disqualifies all dancers and almost all of the "good" mages.
  • No skill inheritance.
  • No merges that would change the outcome of a round of combat.

For Camus, I added the requirement

• No Triangle Adept or gem weapons.

And that's the reason people are using Pothead and Liz. :awesome:

I just realized the vanilla 5* spells like Bolganone+ have 13 Might, the exact same as the Blade spells.  There's literally no reason not to run a blade spell, even if there's no team buff support.  I'm surprised it's not like the Owl spells that have only 10 Might, and those are harder to set up properly.  I wonder if this was an oversight or intentional.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I just realized the vanilla 5* spells like Bolganone+ have 13 Might, the exact same as the Blade spells.  There's literally no reason not to run a blade spell, even if there's no team buff support.  I'm surprised it's not like the Owl spells that have only 10 Might, and those are harder to set up properly.  I wonder if this was an oversight or intentional.

I think they thought the accelerating special trigger was enough to balance the might, but little did they know Rezzy...

little did they know.... heh heh

Heh heh heh heh

Heh heh

HA

HA HA HA

HO HO HO

HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE

HEH

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHA 

30 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

IS has strange balancing decisions

31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They're really getting worse and worse with balancing their weapons. Slaying weapons have nothing to lose against Killings (besides availability).

Also, I love the Owl tomes, even if they might not compare to Blades well. Mae obliterates with it. It only requires itself to function and basically gives Death Darting Armored Warding Blow on both phases.

8 minutes ago, Catria! said:

IS has strange balancing decisions

"Should we include mounted archers?"

"Nah. If they have a Brave Bow, they'd be too broken?"

"How about a mounted blue tome user with a legendary Brave weapon?"

"Good work!"