• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

What will it take for you to change your display name to "Titania!"?

Nah. Usurping your beloved’s name is the gravest sin.

Edited by Vaximillian

6 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Kaden anything is gonna be busted with three stacks of Goad. Doesn't help that the spread is min-maxed to hell and back.

I remember when Quadsuna first became a thing and everyone derided Takumi as no longer being the #1 archer in the game after SI. The irony is that he ran the set better than everybody else until Bride Cordelia came along. CC Vantage is really bad because he doesn't want to be attacked at 1 range to begin with. It was a good noobslayer though for what it was worth

I'm not really liking Leon here, he dumped stats into irrelevant Def / Res. If Niles had higher Atk he'd be better by a substantial margin.

Yeah, I know. I was just messing around trying to see what kind of attack an archer would need to be a very good slow, Brave Bow user similar to any of the other Brave weapon users who are slower. The stat spread was basically Gordin's, but with speed and defense dumped into attack which you could argue is also kind of like a Virion, but with speed dumped for attack. It could have gone further like 40 base neutral attack...

Anyway, the question came before Leon's stats were settled after the first datamine was a bit off. I was wondering what Python would be like since he's supposedly the more offensive archer to Leon's defensive, but what I thought about probably wouldn't be what Python would have since he's not that slow. I think... His base speed and growth were boosted from Gaiden to Echoes, right? Something like 46 HP, 37 Atk, 22 Spd, 24 Def, and 19 Res doesn't seem like a Python stat spread and I've never played Gaiden or Echoes. Maybe some other archer could have that stat spread. Atlas?

34 attack without around 30 speed would put them at +Atk Gordin's level. Not that bad, but assuming this is their neutral attack, they would probably have a much crappier defensive spread than Gordin. The only thing they could trump him is in resistance, but that's not much when both would explode from magic. 35 would put them around Setsuna's level, but once again, doubled to hell and back, 36 and 37 are the sweet spot of Jeorge, Klein, Leon, and Takumi, and +38 would be at summer Gaius to bride Cordelia's level with 40 neutral and the chance of getting +Atk being incredibly stupid.

Whatever, so, on Leon. To me, he's kind of like a Virion who dumped his HP into defense and attack. It kind of works. He's the better user of Slaying Bow+, whatever special here, Close Counter, QR over Gordin, Takumi, and Virion, but he's less bulky because of his lower HP, and that build lasts like 1 round against everyone if he's not on a defense tile. At the same time, he can work as a good offensive archer mostly because dude has the second-highest attack out of the archers. He's all right, but defensively, not so great when ranged units have to deal with physical and magical damage and archers have no way of mitigating that damage.

As for Niles, at least we have Slaying Bow+? Oh, and of the mage counter archers, because Faye's really slow, she's the only one who dies now since Sonya would double her and on her second hit, activate Moonbow with Dark Excalibur's +10 damage effect. Summer Gaius, Niles, and Rebecca avoid this by being fast. A Niles with higher base attack made me think of Louise.

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

;)

That might confuse people, and they wouldn't know who I was anymore.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Nah. Usurping your beloved’s name is a gravest sin.

Titania and me are just friends, I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

There are many kinds of love; friendly love is still love.

The worst kind is when you love a girl, but she was your friend first, and she doesn't know that you like her that way, and you're worried that you'd ruin the friendship by trying to act upon it, and you hate yourself for having those feelings.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The worst kind is when you love a girl, but she was your friend first, and she doesn't know that you like her that way, and you're worried that you'd ruin the friendship by trying to act upon it, and you hate yourself for having those feelings.

geez, this is how one of my friendships crashed and burned. 6 years gone poof because of one little thing. 

23 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

;)

People will start blaming their -Atk pulls on Titania then. That would be an injustice to her character (well she does have poor Attack in this game...Titania's revenge?)

Took a break from Tempest Trials to power level Elise and wow, even without Wrathful Staff she can still do some damage with +Spd! I think she might be a new mainstay on my cav team to heal off Fury damage on Quick Riposte Xander.

If i ever do get two Gennys, one of then is going straight to her. Xander, Reinhardt, Cecilia and Elise cover a good amount of colour combinations if I switch to Raven Cecilia instead of Blade. Looks like Camus might be relegated to backup cav with Frederick.

Now i just need to figure out Elise's C skill. Xander currently has Hone Cavalry while Reinhardt has Goad. Trying to choose between Hone/Fortify/Goad is kind of tricky... I've been loving Goad for Tempest Trials to beat the inflated stats with Reinhardt/Camus combo.

Maybe Fortify if i go blade Cecilia? i really need to 5 star her sometime...

34 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Wow. Thanks for the builds! I'll try to consider them if I have the resources to do so...

The only problem is, I likely wouldn't ever be able to use a Cecilia with LaD or QR in the Arena since those skills are locked in at 5 stars (unless I'm lucky enough to get some completely awful 5 star characters). I don't mind promoting a character to 5 stars simply to give their weapon away, especially if it's a great weapon like a blade tome. But getting the 3rd level of certain skills doesn't always feel like it's worth it unless I plan to use that character in the Arena a lot because I need all the points I can get.

Life and Death 3, is vital, but Quick Riposte 3 is not. Quick Riposte 2 will do just fine. You can also use Swift Sparrow, which is just as expensive as Life and Death, but if you have that instead of Life and Death, you can use that instead.

If you really need the Arena score, you can turn the Raven build into a Player Phase unit with whatever Breaker you need against a Weapon class you have trouble dealing with. You can choose between Bowbreaker or Daggerbreaker, depending on whether you see B!Cordelia or Kagero more.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

People will start blaming their -Atk pulls on Titania then. That would be an injustice to her character (well she does have poor Attack in this game...Titania's revenge?)

Took a break from Tempest Trials to power level Elise and wow, even without Wrathful Staff she can still do some damage with +Spd! I think she might be a new mainstay on my cav team to heal off Fury damage on Quick Riposte Xander.

If i ever do get two Gennys, one of then is going straight to her. Xander, Reinhardt, Cecilia and Elise cover a good amount of colour combinations if I switch to Raven Cecilia instead of Blade. Looks like Camus might be relegated to backup cav with Frederick.

Now i just need to figure out Elise's C skill. Xander currently has Hone Cavalry while Reinhardt has Goad. Trying to choose between Hone/Fortify/Goad is kind of tricky... I've been loving Goad for Tempest Trials to beat the inflated stats with Reinhardt/Camus combo.

Maybe Fortify if i go blade Cecilia? i really need to 5 star her sometime...

I always run 2Hone/2Fortify Cavalry.  That ensures that everybody on the team gets access to +6 to every stat.

13 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

geez, this is how one of my friendships crashed and burned. 6 years gone poof because of one little thing. 

The pains of youth, a confusing time when you're sorting through your feelings, perhaps myself more so than most.

Inrelated to love’n’stuff: Heroes subforum already has half the Fates subforum’s amount of posts, and more than half the Awakening subforum’s posts:

rcwe6hj.jpg

We sure are prolific here, aren’t we?

Has anyone ever sacrificed one of their original, pre-inheritance units yet? To feed Fae Lightning Breath+, I'm considering using my 4* +1 Adult Tiki from then, who hadn't actually received anything worth using since... but it feels kinda wrong.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Inrelated to love’n’stuff: Heroes subforum already has half the Fates subforum’s amount of posts, and more than half the Awakening subforum’s posts:

rcwe6hj.jpg

More so than most other FE games, Heroes has a lot of interactivity, since it's constantly being updated and such.  Even the longest of FE games, you'll put down after a few months, at least for a bit.  Heroes, I've been playing more or less every day since launch.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Has anyone ever sacrificed one of their original, pre-inheritance units yet? To feed Fae Lightning Breath+, I'm considering using my 4* +1 Adult Tiki from then, who hadn't actually received anything worth using since... but it feels kinda wrong.

I've still got my +1 3* Setsuna from way back.  I'll merge them into better versions, but I like hanging onto all my units.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

rcwe6hj.jpg

much easier to find stuff to ramble on about for a game that keeps getting new content B)

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The pains of youth, a confusing time when you're sorting through your feelings, perhaps myself more so than most.

sure was. well, no pain, no gain? or something like that..

7 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

sure was. well, no pain, no gain? or something like that..

It makes me think of the episode Tapestry from Star Trek TNG.

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

rcwe6hj.jpg

I think it has to do with the competitiveness of the Arena and the fact that this has the potential to be the most expensive Fire Emblem game ever. If I am going to spend the equivalent of over ten special edition Fire Emblem games and all their DLC on just one Fire Emblem game, I want to know how to best use my money.

And as others have mentioned, there is a lot of new stuff.

18 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Yes. Many healers died that week when skill inheritance came out. A lot of Lon'qus died too.

Edited by XRay

10 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

much easier to find stuff to ramble on about for a game that keeps getting new content B)

Forget that, much easier to find stuff to ramble on about for a game who actually has "end game" content.

Thanks for nothing, Fates.

20 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

I finished Echoes slightly later than everyone else, and the pace for responses was much slower than in Heroes.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I misplaced my copy of SoV, hope I didn't vacuum it up.

My copy of Pokemon Pearl, after a long life, is probably somewhere in my washing machine. Weeks later, I found the sticker on the floor of the garage under the washing line.

At least it's probably salvageable if it's in a vacuum cleaner. (Unless the bag has been emptied).

Just now, phineas81707 said:

My copy of Pokemon Pearl, after a long life, is probably somewhere in my washing machine. Weeks later, I found the sticker on the floor of the garage under the washing line.

At least it's probably salvageable if it's in a vacuum cleaner. (Unless the bag has been emptied).

I'm almost certain that the bag hasn't been emptied since then, it should be in there if I really did vacuum it up ... but that won't be for a while.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It makes me think of the episode Tapestry from Star Trek TNG.

watched a lot of TNG on PBS back in the day but i don't think i saw that one. read the synopsis though and it's pretty on point. dang i miss that show...now that you've reminded me i gotta watch it some time.

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Forget that, much easier to find stuff to ramble on about for a game who actually has "end game" content.

Thanks for nothing, Fates.

loll

Fates "end game" content for me was getting to the final chapter on Lunatic Conquest, ragequitting, and restarting the run. i've done it twice, and i still haven't beaten the final chapter, too much of a pain. those freaking infinite use Enfeeble staves with STACKING DEBUFFS, man...i think it's partly because i insist on a deathless run, it's pretty crippling on that chapter..

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I finished Echoes slightly later than everyone else, and the pace for responses was much slower than in Heroes.

wow really, Echoes still pretty fresh... i guess accessibility is a factor as well, since FEH is free and even if you don't have a smartphone there are emulators. i'm financially strapped and if my roommate hadn't bought Echoes i would've never played it until years later probably. 

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

rip...this reminds me of our copies of Pokemon Colosseum and Paper Mario that somehow slipped in between the keys of my grandparent's baby grand piano and are now literally stuck inside it. i have no clue how it happened, i think my friend got bored and did something foolish because we were foolish kids, but every time you press certain keys you can hear the discs rattling around in there. maybe it's a good thing games are starting to lean towards digital copies..