Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It is though. I just gave you proof of that.

Again, I just gave proof that it's high. If people say units like Ephraim and Ike have high attack, so does Sharena. Hers is only slightly lower than theirs.

And I have no idea what you guys fight in the arena to think that skills with 2 or 3 cooldown are such a MUST and that anything else sucks.

No? +6 difference is HUGE. Thats like 14 extra damage with Quick Riposte and advantage

@Tybrosion Yeah just checked i don't realize this week is Legion

Edited by JSND

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Again, I just gave proof that it's high. If people say units like Ephraim and Ike have high attack, so does Sharena. Hers is only slightly lower than theirs.

And I have no idea what you guys fight in the arena to think that skills with 2 or 3 cooldown are such a MUST and that anything else sucks.

Ephraim and Ike have 3 more base Atk than her. Ike has Heavy Blade and Swordbreaker at base, so he doubles swords (even being slower than her) and charges his special faster. Ephraim has Moonbow at base which charges fast and is well-suited to a breaker to double lances and thus charging his special even faster or QR to do the same on the defensive.

And when you consider they actually double thanks to breakers or QR. +6 Atk over her is not a sneeze.
Also both have better bulk over her.

Again, what are you fighting in the arena that she’s consistently doubling? Alm? Seliph? Eldigan? Zephiel?

6 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Well yeah, but that's Tier 19 and 20 stuff.

What you fight in the arena doesn’t depend on what tier you are in. This is a misconception.

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

48 Atk in a meta that consistently hits 50-55 before buffs and 60+ afterwards is, in fact, low. My Camus hits 58 Atk / 42 Spd, my Nino hits 63 Atk / 43 Spd, and my Lucina hits 54 Atk / 42 Spd. Your Sharena is pretty weak if we're being completely honest here.

What? You can't possibly reach stats like that without buffs or merges. And while Sharena can't be merged, she can get buffs. I run units with Hone Atk, Hone Spd, Fortify Def, etc.

5 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Well yeah, but that's Tier 19 and 20 stuff. I just got there and only see WoM on dancers so far. It doesn't sound like @Anacybele is there yet, since I usually see people helping her with her homework on special maps and orb quests. Vantage Sharena can be a good tool to diversify her roster. Can't Ephraim work the Breaker/QR set better anyhow? I have an ephraim, but haven't seen how people work him.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely not tier 19 or 20. I'm tier 16, I believe.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's not that they're a must, it's more that they are a little better than 4 proc skills because. There's been A LOT of times where if I had a 4 proc skill I wouldn't have been able to get out of a difficult situation. You can use 4 proc skills, it's just that Moonbow and the other 3 proc skills are prefered. In fact, Ignis is in one of my Oboro builds ;)

5 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Well yeah, but that's Tier 19 and 20 stuff. I just got there and only see WoM on dancers so far. It doesn't sound like @Anacybele is there yet, since I usually see people helping her with her homework on special maps and orb quests. Vantage Sharena can be a good tool to diversify her roster. Can't Ephraim work the Breaker/QR set better anyhow? I have an ephraim, but haven't seen how people work him.

You do realize that your Tier has no impact on the teams you face, right? Your team's scoring potential affects the teams they can be matched up with, but Tier and enemy strength are not directly related. Ergo, if Ana optimized her team correctly she could be facing stronger teams while being at a significantly lower tier. Don't believe me? Just ask Whistle.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Again, I just gave proof that it's high.

Handwaving doesn't count.

2 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

It's not that they're a must, it's more that they are a little better than 4 proc skills because. There's been A LOT of times where if I had a 4 proc skill I wouldn't have been able to get out of a difficult situation. You can use 4 proc skills, it's just that Moonbow and the other 3 proc skills are prefered. In fact, Ignis is in one of my Oboro builds ;)

Julia Dragon Fang is actually pretty reliable from my experience

But thats mostly because she's run with Dancer lol.

But seriously speaking i'd look extremely hypocritical if i criticize choice of Special when i haven't run special other than Growing Thunder in Arena for a while

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

In fact, Ignis is in one of my Oboro builds ;)

BECAUSE you can count on Oboro being consistently doubled and then returning the pain via QR. Not via Vantage.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It isn't though. Sharena is tied for 54th place in highest Atk stat. Which means there are 54 units that have better Atk than Sharena in the game. So you'll be able to find plenty of higher Atk stats.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It isn't though. Sharena is tied for 54th place in highest Atk stat. Which means there are 54 units that have better Atk than Sharena in the game. So you'll be able to find plenty of higher Atk stats.

You don't even need to do that lol

How many Blue have 35 ATK again?

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Again, what are you fighting in the arena that she’s consistently doubling? Alm? Seliph? Eldigan? Zephiel?

I sometimes see Eldigan, but not the other three you mentioned. And swords are not the only reds, you know. Sharena can double red mages as well, and I've also had her double some colorless units.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You do realize that your Tier has no impact on the teams you face, right? Your team's scoring potential affects the teams they can be matched up with, but Tier and enemy strength are not directly related. Ergo, if Ana optimized her team correctly she could be facing stronger teams while being at a significantly lower tier. Don't believe me? Just ask Whistle.

Oh, so I can't build good teams? Thanks. Guess I'm done playing the game then.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What? You can't possibly reach stats like that without buffs or merges. And while Sharena can't be merged, she can get buffs. I run units with Hone Atk, Hone Spd, Fortify Def, etc.

Camus unbuffed is still better than your Sharena, Lucina is unbuffed, and Nino still has higher Atk and Spd than Sharena unbuffed. Nino with buffed Spd hits 47 Spd actually, so I lowballed it there. But I digress.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

BECAUSE you can count on Oboro being consistently doubled and then returning the pain via QR. Not via Vantage.

Ignis / QR Lukas is the dream.

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

You don't even need to do that lol

How many Blue have 35 ATK again?

I didn't ACTUALLY have to count it for myself, Gamepress has statistics.

Seven, actually. There are four above 35.

In today's news: Ana quits FEH (and will probably come back) for the fourth time

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Camus unbuffed is still better than your Sharena, Lucina is unbuffed, and Nino still has higher Atk and Spd than Sharena unbuffed. Nino with buffed Spd hits 47 Spd actually, so I lowballed it there. But I digress.

Then Lucina must be merged. Same with Nino. My Nino is 5 star neutral and has way lower stats than yours, even with buffs.

When smokestack's point goes over the head

Actually lets just bold the relevant part

Newsflash: 90% of player DIDN'T optimize their team correctly. Because "correctly" optimizing team in a context that is relevant from smokestack's post is making your team worse

why do you think i run Growing Thunder Camus over Bonfire?

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then Lucina must be merged. Same with Nino. My Nino is 5 star neutral and has way lower stats than yours, even with buffs.

None of my units are merged. You can check my signature if you don't believe what I'm telling you.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, so I can't build good teams? Thanks. Guess I'm done playing the game then.

I didn't say you couldn't build good teams. Thanks for twisting my words.

@JSND My team isn't optimized for scoring potential either lul. I was just proving a point.

Now if I could grab some merges I would start shooting for T20 for reals.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Nope, Lucina has 34 Atk at base (50 with Falchion equipped). Nino has 33 Atk and 36 Spd at base. With Gronnblade+, she will end up with 46 Atk, which looks lower than Sharena's, but in reality Nino has better Atk without factoring weapon.

Like lets put it this way:

This is standard Reinhard:

W: Dire Thunder

A: DB3
B: Lancebreaker

C: Reposition

Special: Moonbow

Seals: Quick Pulse

This is "Optimized Correctly" Reinhardt:

A: Swift Sparrow/DB3

B: WIngs of Mercy 3

C: Rally DEF/RES

Special: Aether

Edited by JSND

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

I didn't say you couldn't build good teams. Thanks for twisting my words.

Except every time I talk about the skills I plan to give people, I'm usually told they're bad ideas. So apparently, I don't know how to play this game. Fine. Nobody's going to be good at everything.

It's disappointing since this game is fun and I got a hot Freddy with some sexy abs, but I have other games to enjoy. I don't need to waste time with this. I might not stop playing entirely, I'll go in every now and then just to mess around, I suppose, but I won't be a serious player.

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Like lets put it this way:

This is standard Reinhard:

A: DB3
B: Lancebreaker

C: Reposition

Special: Moonbow

idk, Wings of Mercy Reinhardt is pretty annoying lmao.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except every time I talk about the skills I plan to give people, I'm usually told they're bad ideas.

Maybe because using facts, numbers and experience (of which many of us probably have more than you to be honest), your ideas are actually not always the best?

6 minutes ago, JSND said:

Wait, I thought everyone was saying skills with more than 4 cooldown with Aether weren't as good as stuff like Moonbow? Guess they ARE good like I said!

But how is 46 attack better than 48 attack? That just makes no sense. You guys DO know how to count, don't you? 48 is the bigger number.

Edited by Anacybele

Wait, I thought everyone was saying skills with more than 4 cooldown with Aether weren't as good as stuff like Moonbow? Guess they ARE good like I said!

But how is 46 attack better than 48 attack? That just makes no sense. You guys DO know how to count, don't you? 48 is the bigger number.

They are only good for pumping arena score.

Blade tomes can be +20 buffed. Sharena can only be +4 buffed. 66 > 52.

Edited by Vaximillian