Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nah, Sharena doesn't need those when she's fast enough to double a lot of things already. She should be in Vantage range often though, due her low defenses. But any other ideas?

She isn’t fast enough to double so many, many things you might want her to double.

35 Spd (with her vanilla Spd+3) don’t double Lyn (37 Spd), Lucina and Hana (36), Eirika, Karel, Lloyd, and Ryoma (35), Marth and Ogma (34), Olivia and Saber (33), Cain, Corrin, Draug, and Gray (32), Ike, Palla, and Roy (31).

And these are only neutral and vanilla swords! Nobody runs neutral and vanilla swords nowadays. Add 3 for Fury or 5 for L&D.
She wants a breaker of sorts or Quick Riposte.

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

Not really

Ryoma is 35

Ike is 31

Lucina is 36

Sharena is 32+2

She doubles none of them which is why QR is the rec. 

My Sharena has 35 speed, not 34...

They also wouldn't double her. So she would survive easily.

It's not worth it to take up a whole skill slot just to counter two or three units in the whole game.

EDIT: I never see many of those units in the arena. So once again, any other ideas?

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's not worth it to take up a whole skill slot just to counter two or three units in the whole game.

I already edited to 35 idk how it still shows 34 lol

Leaving things at low HP opens up Wings of Mercy. 

Also yes its worth it. QR allows Sharena to softcheck ORKO like a lot of lance and all sword. Its not really 2/3 units and closer to almost everything except ranged

The reality of this game is that theres only like 20 unit in the game. Sharena is around winning 8. Giving her 2-3 extra is equivalent of increasing her power by 30-40%

Edited by JSND

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: I never see many of those units in the arena.

35 Spd is not fast.

The pool of red sword units in the game is larger than every other unit type. Swordbreaker gives her excellent coverage.

What does Vantage even do for her? She lacks both the 1-2 range and the raw Atk to KO relevant threats on the counter with it.

EDIT: I never see many of those units in the arena.

Well, it's not really just two or three units. Swordbreaker means you destroy the entire category, and Swords make up pretty much most of this game. Quick Riposte lets her fight Lances better though.

Besides, Vantage is kinda weak on Sharena. She doesn't have the stats to make super good use of Draconic Aura, Bonfire or Iceberg, so she has to settle for Luna/Moonbow, neither of which are particularly strong enough for Vantage one-shots.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: I never see many of those units in the arena. So once again, any other ideas?

Give Sharena Quick Riposte!

DO IT

Is there anything else you were thinking of giving her? 

It's not to me.

Vantage is not a good idea on Sharena. She doesn’t have enough oomph or 1–2 range to make good use of it.
Sharena should have either a breaker (which helps her offensively and defensively) or QR (which helps her defensively).

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

35 Spd is not fast.

The pool of red sword units in the game is larger than every other unit type. Swordbreaker gives her excellent coverage.

What does Vantage even do for her? She lacks both the 1-2 range and the raw Atk to KO relevant threats on the counter with it.

35 speed is fast though.

She lacks attack? Are we talking about the same character here? My Sharena has 48 attack. That's strong. I also gave her Dragon Fang as her special. She does a lot of damage when that triggers. Sharena is rather fragile, so Vantage would help her to not get killed in some situations.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Besides, Vantage is kinda weak on Sharena. She doesn't have the stats to make super good use of Draconic Aura, Bonfire or Iceberg, so she has to settle for Luna/Moonbow, neither of which are particularly strong enough for Vantage one-shots.

No she doesn't. I gave her Dragon Fang and she does great damage with it.

2 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Give Sharena Quick Riposte!

DO IT

Is there anything else you were thinking of giving her? 

I already said I don't think she needs it.

And I already said Vantage. :/

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Then just do whatever you think is best. You don't need to ask us if we're wrong every time.

Who said you were wrong every time? And also, how was I supposed to know you'd give me an answer that I disagree with?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Well if you don't think she needs it, which I think she does, then go ahead and give her Vantage if you want :p

Quick Riposte is literally free doubles on enemy phase so I like that a lot better

35 speed is fast though.

She lacks attack? Are we talking about the same character here? My Sharena has 48 attack. That's strong. I also gave her Dragon Fang as her special. She does a lot of damage when that triggers. Sharena is rather fragile, so Vantage would help her to not get killed in some situations.

No she doesn't. I gave her Dragon Fang and she does great damage with it.

Who said you were wrong every time? And also, how was I supposed to know you'd give me an answer that I disagree with?

48 Atk is low, and 35 Spd is also low. Those are pathetic offenses on an infantry, whether you want to believe it or not.

Dragon Fang is also a poor choice of a skill proc for how high its CD is.

Then just do whatever you think is best. You don't need to ask us if we're wrong every time.

This thread right now.

If you're just going to ignore our suggestions then what's the point of even asking?

Just now, Oboro! said:

Well if you don't think she needs it, which I think she does, then go ahead and give her Vantage if you want :p

Quick Riposte is literally free doubles on enemy phase so I like that a lot better

She already doubles a lot of stuff for me though. And I'm talking about the arena too. She wouldn't make much use of it. Someone listed a number of sword units that she wouldn't naturally double, but I never see most of them in the arena.

I never felt Sharena getting doubled by swordies was a problem since they shouldn't have the damage to kill her. But most of the enemies Sharena can naturally double have the bulk to survive unless they're red. I would choose swordbreaker mainly because you can score the 3 version easier than lance breaker. My 5 star Narcian hunts any fools that use him for skill fodder. Unless it's for Reinhardts since that just makes a whole bunch of sense

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

Speaking of which next week should be Sharena's rotation right?

SoV banner REALLY hates me

oh yeah, are all six characters going to be bonus units? It's been a long time since we last had six new guys so I wonder if it will cut into the free to play bonus pool.

Oh, you know, just literally every time you are given advice on this board from the game's release to now.

@Gustavos It's not that Sharena gets doubled, it's that she can't kill the things she's supposed to be checking without QR/Swordbreaker. Which is bad because Wings of Memes is now everywhere.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

She already doubles a lot of stuff for me though. And I'm talking about the arena too. She wouldn't make much use of it. Someone listed a number of sword units that she wouldn't naturally double, but I never see most of them in the arena.

Well if thats the cade for you, then hurry up and give her Vantage lol

What are you waiting for!?

3 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

oh yeah, are all six characters going to be bonus units? It's been a long time since we last had six new guys so I wonder if it will cut into the free to play bonus pool.

.....we don't have GHB for this week don't we?

6 Bonus unit from gacha, and 6 bonus unit from bottom row is my guess.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

48 Atk is low, and 35 Spd is also low. Those are pathetic offenses on an infantry, whether you want to believe it or not.

Dragon Fang is also a poor choice of a skill proc for how high its CD is.

...Are you blind? Seriously, are you? 48 attack is among the higher attack stats in the game. 35 speed isn't the fastest, but it's decently fast.

Dragon Fang increases attack by half, and half of 48 is 24. 24 extra damage is amazing. Dragon Fang's cooldown isn't bad either. Sharena doubles often, so she'll proc it quickly.

If you think 48 attack is seriously low, then everybody has low attack, because you won't find attack much higher than that. The highest attack I have is 54 on Ephraim. Not much higher.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Are you blind? Seriously, are you? 48 attack is among the higher attack stats in the game. 35 speed isn't the fastest, but it's decently fast.

Dragon Fang increases attack by half, and half of 48 is 24. 24 extra damage is amazing. Dragon Fang's cooldown isn't bad either. Sharena doubles often, so she'll proc it quickly.

If you think 48 attack is seriously low, then everybody has low attack, because you won't find attack much higher than that. The highest attack I have is 54 on Ephraim. Not much higher.

Well, 32 at base (without Fensalir) is average. It's not bad, but it's not high enough to be among the higher Atk stats in the game.

32 base attack (her lance adds 16) puts her in the middle of the table. Not too good, not too bad. it’s pretty average.

I have no idea what you fight in the arena that she’s doubling so often that she actually charges and fires off Dragon Fang. It’s 4 actions for goodness’ sake.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I am actually visually impaired, so I appreciate the insult.

48 Atk in a meta that consistently hits 50-55 before buffs and 60+ afterwards is, in fact, low. My Camus hits 58 Atk / 42 Spd, my Nino hits 63 Atk / 43 Spd, and my Lucina hits 54 Atk / 42 Spd. Your Sharena is pretty weak if we're being completely honest here.

Dragon Fang is bad because it tends to not proc in time. We've established that Sharena **is not** fast, whether in a TT or Arena setting, and once a unit has been in combat long enough their damage on their special begins to matter less and less.

Am I going to lose any sleep over you picking Vantage despite literally everybody else in the thread being against it? No. But then don't waste your time asking us if that's all you're going to do at the end.

6 minutes ago, JSND said:

.....we don't have GHB for this week don't we?

6 Bonus unit from gacha, and 6 bonus unit from bottom row is my guess.

Clarisse should be up next as a bonus unit, if that means anything to you.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh, you know, just literally every time you are given advice on this board from the game's release to now.

@Gustavos It's not that Sharena gets doubled, it's that she can't kill the things she's supposed to be checking without QR/Swordbreaker. Which is bad because Wings of Memes is now everywhere.

Well yeah, but that's Tier 19 and 20 stuff. I just got there and only see WoM on dancers so far. It doesn't sound like @Anacybele is there yet, since I usually see people helping her with her homework on special maps and orb quests. Vantage Sharena can be a good tool to diversify her roster. Can't Ephraim work the Breaker/QR set better anyhow? I have an ephraim, but haven't seen how people work him.

Well, 32 at base (without Fensalir) is average. It's not bad, but it's not high enough to be among the higher Atk stats in the game.

It is though. I just gave you proof of that.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

32 base attack (her lance adds 16) puts her in the middle of the table. Not too good, not too bad. it’s pretty average.

I have no idea what you fight in the arena that she’s doubling so often that she actually charges and fires off Dragon Fang. It’s 4 actions for goodness’ sake.

Again, I just gave proof that it's high. If people say units like Ephraim and Ike have high attack, so does Sharena. Hers is only slightly lower than theirs.

And I have no idea what you guys fight in the arena to think that skills with 2 or 3 cooldown are such a MUST and that anything else sucks.