9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Maybe not, but Dragon Fang does this:

I don’t fucking have Julia, you piece of waifu-hoarding teasing whatever.

I still like you but hell, stop teasing me pls :(

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t fucking have Julia, you piece of waifu-hoarding teasing whatever.

I still like you but hell, stop teasing me pls :(

I didn't even pull on the female mage banner, it wasn't me :(

I decided to half-heartedly try for Elise this morning. First session got me a pair of 3-star units: Serra and Saizo. The second session got me a 3-star Virion. At that point, I realized this was basically all I had to look forward to, so I just stopped.  

I decided to half-heartedly try for Elise this morning. First session got me a pair of 3-star units: Serra and Saizo. The second session got me a 3-star Virion. At that point, I realized this was basically all I had to look forward to, so I just stopped.  

I, hopeless because Lucius is nor in the gautlet or banner, go to waste my orbs; only one colorless and five red, the colorless was Serra, then I said "wathever" and then in the first red come home Alm the Thotslayer! I'm happy

Pulled a 5 Sakura and then a 4 Kagero. Then I was feeling lucky so I exited that summoning and tried again and got 5 3 stars, all duplicates of characters I don't use :( I probably won't summon on this again until I see what the next summoning is.

Had 5 orbs, went to the Vantage banner for Yolo. Found 2 blue orbs and one Colorless (of course right?) did the top blue orb and got a *4 Gwendolyn. Hone armor is nice except I only have 2 armors and already have a *3 Gwen. It was still nice but it bothers me that a Gordin or Reinhardt could have been in the other orbs.

This is why I shouldn't snipe orbs, it never works for me. Always do full pulls if you're F2P. Darn my impatience.

43 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Had 5 orbs, went to the Vantage banner for Yolo. Found 2 blue orbs and one Colorless (of course right?) did the top blue orb and got a *4 Gwendolyn. Hone armor is nice except I only have 2 armors and already have a *3 Gwen. It was still nice but it bothers me that a Gordin or Reinhardt could have been in the other orbs.

This is why I shouldn't snipe orbs, it never works for me. Always do full pulls if you're F2P. Darn my impatience.

If you're properly color hunting, you should still be saving up 20 orbs and then pulling all orbs of the colors you are going for. You'll have no regrets that someone you might have wanted was in another orb, and you'll (usually) get the discount for pulling more than one orb in a session.

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're properly color hunting, you should still be saving up 20 orbs and then pulling all orbs of the colors you are going for. You'll have no regrets that someone you might have wanted was in another orb, and you'll (usually) get the discount for pulling more than one orb in a session.

True, but then you run the risk of

A. something like 3 of a certain color in one pool then 3 of the same in the next, so you're still missing out or

B. losing out on potential *5s or good fodder from the other colors. 

Though if you're sniping that likely doesn't matter to you, but orbs are precious. I can't get my barracks past 150 because I keep needing fodder. At 0 orbs, I'm not even sure if I'll be able to pull from the Vantage banner again before it ends.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

True, but then you run the risk of

A. something like 3 of a certain color in one pool then 3 of the same in the next, so you're still missing out or

B. losing out on potential *5s or good fodder from the other colors. 

Though if you're sniping that likely doesn't matter to you, but orbs are precious. I can't get my barracks past 150 because I keep needing fodder. At 0 orbs, I'm not even sure if I'll be able to pull from the Vantage banner again before it ends.

1. You simply don't start a second session until you get your 20 orbs restocked. Simple as that.
  2. If you're color hunting, fodder and 5-stars from other colors are not what you're after.

If your goal is getting 5-star characters and that is the goal that is most important to you, pulling only from colors with high 5-star rates has a higher 5-star-to-orb ratio than any other pull behavior. Numbers don't lie. Variation due to small sample size will always be there, but in the long run, your numbers will converge on a higher average.

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:
  1. You simply don't start a second session until you get your 20 orbs restocked. Simple as that.
  2. If you're color hunting, fodder and 5-stars from other colors are not what you're after.

If your goal is getting 5-star characters and that is the goal that is most important to you, pulling only from colors with high 5-star rates has a higher 5-star-to-orb ratio than any other pull behavior. Numbers don't lie. Variation due to small sample size will always be there, but in the long run, your numbers will converge on a higher average.

By that logic pulling from a banner like the Echoes one is technically the most efficient. The problem is people usually pull for a specific character rather than simply trying to acquire a *5 character.

Also for a focus with only one of a specific character in the pool the increase could be... minute in comparison to the loss of resources gained from full pulls.

The higher five stars rates seem to be a double edged sword regardless.

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

By that logic pulling from a banner like the Echoes one is technically the most efficient. The problem is people usually pull for a specific character rather than simply trying to acquire a *5 character.

Also for a focus with only one of a specific character in the pool the increase could be... minute in comparison to the loss of resources gained from full pulls.

The higher five stars rates seem to be a double edged sword regardless.

This wasn't me, but one of my IRL friends who plays FE Heroes ended up doing a summoning session or two today. The first one wasn't too remarkable. I told her that she should probably not pull the three colorless stones on the cleric banner, so she stopped at a partial summoning getting nothing of note. After that, eclipse convinced her to spend the remainder of her orbs on the vantage banner.

And then my friend got a Hector. On the vantage banner. I say that was lucky, since she only had five 5-stars, and three of them were red swords. (The other two were blue.)

26 Orbs, couldn't resist the impulse again. After something like four *3's you see literally everywhere (Lon'qu, Sophie, Olivia and a Serra), this:

19251137_665114030351776_2058799640_n_zp

Eh. Likely going to skill-fodder him for Fire Boost.

Second one this banner, after Athena. Still looking for Katarina. :E

Edited by Soul~!

FUCK THIS +SPD -HP LUKE @Vaximillian

My powers are failing me... Though I might have to figure out a new time other than 1 am now that I'm in a different time zone.

I've been whaling a lot for two banners in a row, with little results...

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

FUCK THIS +SPD -HP LUKE @Vaximillian

What do I even have to do with that? I’m sitting at 3.75% in the New Mystery banner because I am out of orbs.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm just sharing my failures with you. We're in this together now.

Are we? You have Celica and I don’t. You have Priscilla and I don’t. You definitely even have somebody else that I don’t.

Seriously though, Anna is a cruel mistress.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Are we? You have Celica and I don’t. You have Priscilla and I don’t. You definitely even have somebody else that I don’t.

Seriously though, Anna is a cruel mistress.

Well... We're in this together... For this particular banner....