25 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Blue is an absolute minefield of undesirable pitybreakers at the moment. Both the units that were recently demoted and the units-that-really-should-have-been-demoted-but-weren't heavily tended towards blue.

thats because all or most good blue units are available at 3-4 Star or via Tempest trials.

Reinhardt covers the blue tome cavaliers. No rivalry there

Azuras Son is an excellent blue lance flyer

Effy is still a very solid Armorer

Donnel has aged well for a blue infantry unit

Fallen Delthea almost outshines all infantry Tome users.

Oscar covers the blue lance cavaliers good.

So yeah there is only Nayla as a worthwhile 5Star pity breaker due to her skills as a fodder and male corrin.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free summon: Eliwood, Blazing Knight! +Def, - Spd

So i have had a free SR!Laevatein, a free Tibarn and a Free Eliwood lately. Ophelia fodder in 100 orbs and Laegjarn R Duel fodder in 70 orbs. 

I have 70 left, and intend to use all upcoming orbs on the next mythic banner.

Free pull was Selkie, +Atk -Res. Seems good, though somewhat less good now that I've looked at her skills and noticed two of them rely on Res checks. And while can't stand her personality or voice, being a freebie I can't complain. One man who can complain though, is Naesala. I've been waiting for his re-run, having skipped his original run, to make him my designated Blue Beast. The day before that can happen, Selkie shows up and steals his spot. I can't justify promoting Naesala anymore, though I do feel a bit sorry for him. My beast lineup now is, uh, Selkie, Leanne, 4* Reyson and whichever of 4* Naesala/Panne/Mordecai I randomly cram in as filler. Would love to try for Tibarn, but not before I get Legendary Azura, if that ever happens.

Not sure how to best use her default kit though, the Bond skill makes no sense to me since she appears to be a Player Phase unit but I'm not keen on replacing a premium skill. P.S. Odd Res Wave when?

Since I'd committed to doing a full circle before the session, I spent the 15 orbs and got nothing else worthwhile.

4* Stahl
4* Chrom
3* Gunter
3* Sophia

That's fine, scratched my summoning itch for the month, and back to saving for next month's Legendary, got about 350 orbs to play with and hoping for 150-200 more by then.

Got a little bit overwhelmed with beginners luck this morning

1. Circle gave me a +spd-def

Screenshot_20190628-093319.thumb.png.ec667610edacaa05af2129309c531ca2.png

2. Circle gave me a +def/-spd

Screenshot_20190628-093304.thumb.png.5a77c8e662c4bc2556f42eddfd89ef4a.png

3. Circle gave me a +def-atk

Screenshot_20190628-093249.thumb.png.9dbe266a79efc18baedf1b56a4dd36d1.png

I backed out after that. Will probably do more summons later today.

I. HATE. THIS. GAME.

Normally I don't share how many orbs I use, but this time I feel a strong need. In addition to 25 free orbs, it took $200 USD worth of 75 orb packs to get TWO 5* units. TWO.

Granted I was red sniping cause really I only wanted Eliwood, but the pity rate was 14% before LegRyoma ended it. I count myself lucky Leliwood is neutral, because NOTHING could convince me to go back into that dumpster fire.

God... I'd consider this a bad banner, but really I've been having hellishly bad luck all month...

...I did also get +atk LegRobin though, which is nice. Still pissed off though.

Today, I'm going Green.

2 each Red, Green, 1 Colourless

3* Gunter (Hone Cav. +Res/-Spd), 4* Sheena (I keep hoping it's something else. +Atk/-Res)

2 each Red, Colourless, 1 Green

4* Reyson (ANGERY BIRB. +Def/-Spd, AGAIN? Little shit.)

3 Blue, 1 each Green, Colourless

4* Arthur (Meh. +HP/-Spd)

3 Green, 1 each Blue, Colourless

4* Cherche (Eh. +Res/-Def), 3* Cherche (Does the game want me to +10 her? +HP/-Spd), 4* Bartre (Well I won't merge him. +Atk/-Def)

8.5%

2 each Blue, Green, 1 Colourless

3* Bartre (I'm getting worried about variety. +Atk/-Spd), 4* Reyson (Okay, is No. 3 acceptable? +Atk/-Spd, Okay this is getting ridiculous from Reyson, all -Spd)

2 each Red, Colourless, 1 Green

4* Fae (Renewal? +Spd/-Res)

9%

3 Colourless, 1 each Blue, Green

3* Beruka (Glimmer. +Atk/-Spd)

3 Blue, 2 Green

4* Sheena (I mean, I just want to remove launch units from the pool at this rate. +Spd/-Def), 3* Fae (It's Renewal. +Atk/-Def)

2 each Green, Colourless, 1 Red

4* Gunter (I don't really need more. +Res/-Def), 4* Libra (Could be worse. +Spd/-Res)

9.5%

3 Colourless, 1 each Red, Blue (Fuck.)

3* Eirika (Palla would have been great. Neutral)

3 Colourless, 1 each Red, Green

4* Bartre (3 Barsts would have been cool. +Res/-Spd)

3 Red, 1 each Blue, Green

3* Raven (+Def/-Atk, I don't have anything to say.)

3 Red, 2 Green

3* Nino (It's fodder. +Res/-Atk), 4* Gunter (4 here. Stop. +Res/-Spd)

10%

2 each Red, Blue, 1 Colourless

4* Selena (Reposition. +Def/-HP)

2 each Blue, Colourless, 1 Red

4* Draug (I'm getting worried. +Def/-Spd)

2 each Red, Blue, 1 Green

4* Nino (Just, why? Neutral)

3 Green, 1 each Red, Blue

4* Bartre (5. STOP. IT. +Spd/-HP), 4* Beruka (Okay, this is getting annoying. +Res/-Atk), 4* Beruka (You too. +Res/-Spd)

10.5%

3 Colourless, 1 each Red, Blue (Stop it.)

4* Chrom (I have 11 Combat manuals. Go away. +HP/-Atk)

2 each Red, Colourless, 1 Blue

3* Seliph (Selnope. +Def/-Spd)

3 Red, 1 each Green, Colourless

4* Libra (I'm getting miffed. +Def/-Atk)

2 each Blue, Colourless, 1 Green

4* Beruka (Think I've gotten 4 so far. Not one Barst. stop it. +Def/-Atk)

11%

2 Red, 1 each Blue, Green, Colourless

5* Gunnthra (WHY AREN'T YOU YUNE? +Def/-Spd DICK MOVE GAME.), 4* Cain (WoM. +Res/-Def), 4* M!Morgan (Dual Spur. +Atk/-Res), 4* Odin (Disappointment, thy name is Odin. +Def/-Atk), 5* F!Grima (I mean, it's a second 5* +Atk/-Def, +2 for me.)

I spent just over 155 orbs. No Yune or Dragonslaying flyer. Fucking legendary banners.

32 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

Got a little bit overwhelmed with beginners luck this morning

Congratulations, you got great pulls! 

All three four units will help you a big deal to solve most PvE content. Lucina is fun with her Future Vision, +SPD is very good on her! 

With L!Ike, L!Eliwood and NY!Hrid your sword section should be ok for a while. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Congratulations, you got great pulls! 

All three four units will help you a big deal to solve most PvE content. Lucina is fun with her Future Vision, +SPD is very good on her! 

With L!Ike, L!Eliwood and NY!Hrid your sword section should be ok for a while. 

It's crazy - I was worried to get even one unit knowing how cruel rng can be - but 4 in a row? Guess it was right to back out of each circle after each 5*

3 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

It's crazy - I was worried to get even one unit knowing how cruel rng can be - but 4 in a row? Guess it was right to back out of each circle after each 5*

You were pretty luck, indeed! If you don't need/want anything specific from that banner (or SI fodder), you could save for the next Legendary/Mythic banner. 

You didn't do full pulls like planned, right? 

Pull 1 costs 5 orbs

Pull 2-4 cost 4 orbs each

Pull 5 cost 3 orbs

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

You were pretty luck, indeed! If you don't need/want anything specific from that banner (or SI fodder), you could save for the next Legendary/Mythic banner. 

You didn't do full pulls like planned, right? 

Pull 1 costs 5 orbs

Pull 2-4 cost 4 orbs each

Pull 5 cost 3 orbs

No I didn't. That's how I used to reroll my account. It' was extremely rare to get more than one 5* unit in a circle, so I thought I start a new one should I get a unit before the third pull.

11 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

No I didn't. That's how I used to reroll my account. It' was extremely rare to get more than one 5* unit in a circle, so I thought I start a new one should I get a unit before the third pull.

The chance for a 5* unit is the same in both cases (each orb has got the same chance individually), but you pay less orbs using orb #2-#5 in a session. If you build up a pity rate, the chance of a 5* is even higher in the same session, because after getting a 5* the rate will be reset with the next session. 

If you plan to continue summoning anyway and there are orbs of the color you want, I'd recommend to pull as much as possible in each session to reduce orb cost. 

Edited by mampfoid

Free pull on the legendary banner was a Sophia I immediately sent back home. A lot of fodder, no red orbs, a NY!Hríd and a L!Ryoma later, I actually managed to pull a L!Eliwood.

...+HP -SPD...

...I’ll take it. Most of my orb reserves are gone but I got him. Back to saving orbs. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

The chance for a 5* unit is the same in both cases (each orb has got the same chance individually), but you pay less orbs using orb #2-#5 in a session. If you build up a pity rate, the chance of a 5* is even higher in the same session, because after getting a 5* the rate will be reset with the next session. 

If you plan to continue summoning anyway and there are orbs of the color you want, I'd recommend to pull as much as possible in each session to reduce orb cost. 

So I did more summons, was tempted to pull for Ryoma  - 100 robs more only got me a Hinoka and one more Eliwood (again -spd) but with an HP boon instead of.

Definitely calling it quits here.

37 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

So I did more summons, was tempted to pull for Ryoma  - 100 robs more only got me a Hinoka and one more Eliwood (again -spd) but with an HP boon instead of.

Nice, congrats!

If you merge the Eliwoods, you can get rid of that -SPD bane. Alternatively you could inherit Death Blow 4, that Rally+ or Chill ATK on someone, but Chill ATK is available via Seal and on a free unit (Gharnef, at 5*) and Death Blow 4 isn't the optimal skill on most units (except for Reinhardt perhaps). 

51 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Nice, congrats!

If you merge the Eliwoods, you can get rid of that -SPD bane. Alternatively you could inherit Death Blow 4, that Rally+ or Chill ATK on someone, but Chill ATK is available via Seal and on a free unit (Gharnef, at 5*) and Death Blow 4 isn't the optimal skill on most units (except for Reinhardt perhaps). 

Hmm... will see, no rush for merges or si.

I have been thinking which one to use, though. +hp is a superboon with 4 extra hp. +def is not but will save 6hp if he gets doubled. Which one would you choose?

Btw, I couldn't resist and kept going for ryoma, got him with +res/hp, tbh I am most happy about him :). Got also 3 Gunnthras 172 orbs spent 11 units saked. Think I will just stick to these 8% banners. Save up for a month...

Btw I don't like this Hrid dude (don't know why), but he has some nice skills to fodder off and I will focus on Ryoma anyway. After some research I found out I could fodder off a triple skill combo atk/def bond (rutger won't mind I guess) quick riposte and hone atk 4. That makes hrid quite good I guess. 

Edited by Nimrod

9 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

Hmm... will see, no rush for merges or si.

Haha, yeah. I tend to sit on my extra copies forever. Newer 5* exclusive units usually have complete skill sets anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

I have been thinking which one to use, though. +hp is a superboon with 4 extra hp. +def is not but will save 6hp if he gets doubled. Which one would you choose?

I'd go with +DEF. Only few units with skills that depend on a HP check (like Lokis' staff) prefer HP over their stronger defensive stat (DEF or RES). 

13 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

Btw, I couldn't resist and kept going for ryoma, got him with +res/hp, tbh I am most happy about him :). Got also 3 Gunnthras 172 orbs spent 11 units saked. Think I will just stick to these 8% banners. Save up for a month...

Oh cool, congrats! I never got him myself, he is quite unique as a flying DC sword. 

Gunnthrà is bonus unit in Aether Raids currently (and a reoccurring bonus in arena), she is a good RES tank but sadly no good fodder. 

Eleven 5* units in 172 orbs is very lucky, you really had a good start. Being patient and sticking with the 8% banners is a good strategy. If you have some favorite characters, you could save some backup for their appearance. 

20 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

Btw I don't like this Hrid dude (don't know why), but he has some nice skills to fodder off and I will focus on Ryoma anyway. After some research I found out I could fodder off a triple skill combo atk/def bond (rutger won't mind I guess) quick riposte and hone atk 4. That makes hrid quite good I guess. 

Yeah, both versions of Hrid are good fodder. You seem to have found the perfect inheritance chain for his skills. 

Nice to see a bunch of folks have been getting 5* free pulls. Me I got my first Yune as a freebie. +DEF/-RES. Well. I suppose I only wanted her for defense loss reduction anyways, but still the one stat she wants so she can mess with folks is the one that gets hit. I suppose I could dump double Fort Res on her, but tanking her attack may not be worth giving her better screw with you powers.

@Nimrod Those are some nice pulls!

@Xenomata Oh gawd. That is terrible. Please tell me you aren't contagious! :P.

8 minutes ago, Usana said:

Nice to see a bunch of folks have been getting 5* free pulls. Me I got my first Yune as a freebie. +DEF/-RES. Well. I suppose I only wanted her for defense loss reduction anyways, but still the one stat she wants so she can mess with folks is the one that gets hit. I suppose I could dump double Fort Res on her, but tanking her attack may not be worth giving her better screw with you powers.

@Nimrod Those are some nice pulls!

@Xenomata Oh gawd. That is terrible. Please tell me you aren't contagious! :P.

sorry, misread/misinterpreted your post - now I get it

Edited by Nimrod

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Eleven 5* units in 172 orbs is very lucky, you really had a good start. Being patient and sticking with the 8% banners is a good strategy. If you have some favorite characters, you could save some backup for their appearance. 

grinded 26 orbs more and I got a +def/-hp Hrid - exact opposite of the other one, maybe I will try using him - 39def is no slouch

reason I am posting this is not to brag, I realized I broke all my makeshift guidelines and continued pulling a couple of times despite telling myself a couple of times this is gonna be the last one, lol. I guess, pulling once a month and only once a month will be the safest way to survive this game without much damage.

Pretty awful luck, which is to be expected since last Legendary was quite fortunate for me. My goals were Ephraim and Eliwood but I got to 12.50% with nothing~ I was giving it one last go before giving up and waiting for the upcoming monthly Orbs before

I59jC5y.png 

So, I guess I'm done~ I was ready to settle for just one of them and I'm lucky as hell that I didn't get Hrid or Ryoma here so I'll have to wait on Ephraim yet again~