"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

16 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

3) I hear a lot about how awesome Berserk Armads is, but how about when on a budget? I'm happy enough with my neutral regular Hector's regular Armads, so before spending a decent wad of dew on the Berserk version, I'd like to know its effectiveness without premium fodder like Wrath or Bold/Vengeful Fighter, especially weighed against Omnibreaker.

Personally I would prefer normal Armads because it doesn't require a Quick Riposte seal to be mixed phase units with Bold Fighter. His seal slot will be wide-open for anything you like.

Except you don't have Vector and really want to use Berserk version. That will be another story.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

1) Horse Ephraim, +Spd -HP, or +HP -Spd? I know speed is often dumped here because of his guaranteed doubles, but I'm thinking 31 speed instead of 24 (he gets +1 from merges) might be better for enemy phase survivability by preventing doubles.

In my opinion, 31 Spd is a bit slow in a bad way. It is in the middle Spd range where you want to avoid, since the unit is not really fast enough to avoid doubles reliably and it is not slow enough to charge a stronger Special reliably.

2) Is there a rule of thumb regarding Slaying Edge vs Wo Dao? Guessing it's statline specific but main candidates I'm thinking here would be Palla and Olivia.

Generally for Play Phase units, Wo Dao Weapons are for prioritizing first round performance, while Slaying Weapons are paired with Moonbow-Desperation for second round of combat and beyond.

For fast Enemy Phase units, Wo Dao Weapons are better. For the really slow, bulky ones, then Slaying Weapons are better when paired with a high damage Special.

I still recommend double checking the calculator just to be safe though, since I have only checked a handful on units.

3) I hear a lot about how awesome Berserk Armads is, but how about when on a budget? I'm happy enough with my neutral regular Hector's regular Armads, so before spending a decent wad of dew on the Berserk version, I'd like to know its effectiveness without premium fodder like Wrath or Bold/Vengeful Fighter, especially weighed against Omnibreaker.

This is their first Enemy Phase round performance:

Hector +Atk, -Spd
Armads, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Wary Fighter
Quick Riposte
Enemies +5, +Spd, Moonbow, Fury
Enemy Phase 173:3:88

Hector +Atk, -Spd
Berserk Armads, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Wrath
Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 200:53:11

Armads is better if you value survivability. Berserk Armads is better for killing things. Without premium stuff, Berserk Armads is a bit lackluster:

Hector +Atk, -Spd
Berserk Armads, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Close Def
Enemy Phase 179:72:13

Edited by XRay

24 minutes ago, XRay said:

Hector +Atk, -Spd
Berserk Armads, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Wrath
Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 200:53:11

You should be running Bonfire and Quickened Pulse on this build. It gets you 214-21-29.

24 minutes ago, XRay said:

Hector +Atk, -Spd
Berserk Armads, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Close Def
Enemy Phase 179:72:13

Again, Bonfire and Quickened Pulse gives 194-57-13.

@Humanoid

Follow up to the question I asked some weeks ago about how to build my AA blessing teams. So far my teams perform well in AA, but they still have some weaknesses. I'll start with this one: 

My first water team is

• Fjorm (+0, neutral, vanilla +Swap)
  • Siegbert (+0, +ATK/-RES, vanilla +Reposition)
  • Elise (+1, +ATK/-HP, vanilla + Hone Cav, ATK+3, Wrathful refinement) 
  • PA!Inigo (+0, +ATK/-SPD, TA3/Gronnraven+, Moonbow, Bowbreaker, Hone ATK)

Weak spot is Fjorm, she has got big trouble to deal with most swords. Now I'm thinking to give Elise the other refinement, but I don't have always the space to do the Gravity/Repostition/Dancer trick. The other idea would be to give either Fjorm or Siegbert Swordbreaker. While Siegberts B-slot is still free, Fjorm would loose survivability. 

@mampfoid Siegbert is quite fast even with +Atk. You should slap him +3 Spd seal. Add one layer of Drive Spd(after Hone Cav. from Elise)and he will be fine killling things. Desperation is his best friend.

Fjorm is not good to handle some strong sword unless you build her defensively with Steady Breath+QR. Her default kit only good for range tank.

Elise need Razzle Dazzle to do her best. In this case, if you don't have Wrathful Staff on her B slot yet then Dazzling refine should be safer option. If you don't want to risk her life you may choose Physic+ over Recover+.

Your PA! Inigo have the optimal build already but he can't reach Siegbert because he lack WoM. Siegbert want a dancer who can always reach him after he is in Desperation mode. Because he is the only hope for this team, you don't have physical tanker so Siegbert is your only best bet for the team.

1 sweeper, 2 ranged tanks(Fjorm and Inigo) and a healer. This format is not good, I can say.

To be honest, you should switch Fjorm out and bring in a strong physical tank. It will be better.

Edited by Ginko

6 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

I’ve been wondering... How come whenever I merge my Shigure, it never  shows 40+, always 40? He’s Spd,-Res

You only gain merge levels when sacrificing a unit of equal or higher rarity.

@Ginko Thanks for your answer! Perhaps I'll tell a little about the background of my question:

I built a mixed blessings AA starter team and 3 teams for each blessing to have always 7 teams for AA, no matter the season. Members where chosen to be strong units of their own (without much further SI) and to add value to the theme of the team. Wind is Cav-only, Fire is Flier-only, Water and Earth are Infantry-heavy mixed teams. 

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

@mampfoid Siegbert is quite fast even with +Atk. You should slap him +3 Spd seal. Add one layer of Drive Spd(after Hone Cav. from Elise)and he will be fine killling things. Desperation is his best friend.

Siegbert gets +3 SPD by Fjorm, but Drive SPD on his infantry allies won't be very effective, because of their different movement rate. He won't double any of the OP +10 swords anyway, therefore I thought Swordbreaker was a good idea.

Seals are usually occupied and I hope it's not necessary to switch around seals before every arena season 

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

Fjorm is not good to handle some strong sword unless you build her defensively with Steady Breath+QR. Her default kit only good for range tank.

Fjorm was chosen because she is a good counter against red mages and because she boosts her teammates SPD by 3. Also she is one of my very few legendary heroes (3). Steady Breath/QR is too expensive for what I had in mind. 

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

Elise need Razzle Dazzle to do her best. In this case, if you don't have Wrathful Staff on her B slot yet then Dazzling refine should be safer option. If you don't want to risk her life you may choose Physic+ over Recover+.

Razle/Dazzle would be optimal, but I don't want to invest my rare fodder only for AA (1 spare Genny is booked for the first flying Healer to come). But I think the Dazzle refine will already make an effect, to safely slow down the enemy team. 

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

Your PA! Inigo have the optimal build already but he can't reach Siegbert because he lack WoM. Siegbert want a dancer who can always reach him after he is in Desperation mode. Because he is the only hope for this team, you don't have physical tanker so Siegbert your only best bet for the team.

Inigo already got three roles (anti-archer, anti-blue, refresher), he also has WoM inherited (for Ryomas LHB) but that's useful in less situations than bowbreaker (in AA at least).

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

1 sweeper, 2 ranged tank(Fjorm and Inigo) and a healer. This format is not good, I can say.

To be honest, you should switch Fjorm out and bring in a strong physical tank. It will be better.

I will give them another chance next water season. Otherwise I could switch around with the members of my other water teams: 

Water 2:

• Alm +1 (special refinement, Fury, CA2)
  • Dorcas (TA2) 
  • Micaiah (Draw Back)
  • Genny

Water 3:

• Reinhardt (+1, DB3, Lancebreaker)
  • Celica (TA3)
  • Sakura
  • Roy (Axebreaker)

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Now I'm thinking to give Elise the other refinement, but I don't have always the space to do the Gravity/Repostition/Dancer trick.

I would highly recommend switching to the Dazzling Staff refine. Dazzling Staff should be higher priority than Wrathful Staff in either Arena mode due to the increasing prevalence of Distant Counter.

I've soloed entire teams with just Elise and a Reposition bot.

If you're worried about terrain, hold off on using the team until you see an advantageous map.

As for Fjorm, she really wants Quick Riposte.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Quickened Pulse

Totally forgot about it, and I used to use that on Reinhardt everyday too before Heavy Blade came out.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I would highly recommend switching to the Dazzling Staff refine. Dazzling Staff should be higher priority than Wrathful Staff in either Arena mode due to the increasing prevalence of Distant Counter.

I've soloed entire teams with just Elise and a Reposition bot.

If you're worried about terrain, hold off on using the team until you see an advantageous map.

As for Fjorm, she really wants Quick Riposte.

Ok: 

• Elise gets Dazzling refine: check.
  • Siegbert gets Swordbreaker: check (can't hurt, Desperation is an option too)
  • Fjorm gets QR2: check

Thanks! also thanks @Ginko! 

(Perhaps tomorrow I'll come back with questions regarding my earth teams and fire team #3. )

So who should I 5+10 next? My current +10s: Leif, Sigurd, WoT!Reinhardt, Caeda, Lilina, Bridal Tharja, Spring Xander, Shigure, L'Arachel, Spring Alfonse, Spring Sharena, Gunnthra, and Nanna.

• Raven (+2, +Spd -HP, will then refine his Basilikos)
    • I don't have an infantry axe +10. But a glass cannon like him would be pretty impractical...
  • Titania (+4, +Spd -Def, will then refine her Draconic Poleax when they release it)
    • She will play very differently from Spring Alfonse, who is running a Brave Axe set. Would consider hunting for +HP -Def so she's in the 155 bin and would match him better in score. Actually the first unit I put Distant Counter on, so she should hold up very well as a cavalry unit scoring-wise.
  • Sheena (+1 and +Res -HP)
    • The obvious choice for scoring, but I'd have to hunt for better IVs. Either +Spd -HP for maximum scoring, or +Res -Spd for optimal performance. She's also the furthest from +10. Would also need to sack my next Hector to her.
  • Soren (+4 and +Spd -HP, refined his Wind's Brand)
    • Outclassed by Spring Sharena, but I already dropped the dew on him.
  • Leon (+2 and +Atk -Res)
    • I don't have an archer +10, and am running a Close Counter set.
  • Sothe (+6 and +Atk -Res)
    • Already the furthest along. I sacked a -Atk Alm to him for Windsweep.

Sadly don't have any more non-5-exclusive blues I want to +10. Would whale out the last few merges for Lute, Micaiah, or Brave Lucina the next time they appear on a banner, though. I'm in saving mode, except for seasonals to finish the collection.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

@Chrom-ulent Well, from my personal bias it would be Leon, but you mentioned several reasons for other options.  Sheena obviously for scoring, Sothe for the lowest costs to complete and Soren to "not feel bad" about previous investment. Pick your poison.

As for me, I'm pretty indecisive on how to build my Tactic team that I want to put up as a defense team, here is the "plan" with my current resources or planned ones:

+Att/-Def Lilina (variable merges in future): Forblaze (special), Draw Back, Glimmer - DB3, WoM3, Spd Tactic 3, Res Tactic 3 -> Spd Tactics here, because I feel it does not matter if she gets a Speed buff or not (one would consider Myrrh for Spd Tactic, but I feel Att buffs are less needed on her and more on the rest)

+Res/-HP Linde (hard to merge): Blarblade, Draw Back, Moonbow - Fury3, WoM3, Res Tactic 3, Def Tactic 3

+Spd/-Res F!Grima +2: Expiration, Swap, Moonbow - Dragonskin, QR3, Def Tactic 3, Guidance

+Res/-HP Myrrh +3: Great Flame, Swap, Bonfire - DC, QR3, Att Tactic 3, Iotes Shield

Double Res/Def to make the team bulky and trigger more WoM

Other candidates to swap to:

+Att/-Spd H!Jakob once I get Bold Fighter: Brave Bow+, Draw Back, Moonbow - DB3, Bold Fighter 3, Spd Tactic 3, Armor Boots (substitute for Lilina)

Tailtiu for Linde (for possible merges and preferable natures if I care for it), same build as Linde.

My current merge project for a future +10, +Spd/-HP Sakura: Absorb+, Recover+, Miracle - Close Counter, Guard 3, Res Tactic 3, Close Defense 3 (substitute for Linde), though I will already use her with Corrin's Sepcial Yato and Drives to make her almost unkillable in AA.

I already have a + 4 Takumi with Brave Bow+, Draw Back, Luna - LoD 3, WoM 3, Res Tactic 3, Def Tactic 3, which is fine, but I kinda want an Infantry Bladetome in my Tactic team.

Possible consideration: Merric or bulky mages (Sophia instead of Lilina?), don't want Odin, also any suggestions that resonate with me.

Anyways, anyone with experience with Tactic teams or any helpful thoughts on the matter are welcome to help me out. I really want to build something along those lines right now, while waiting for more merges on my Arena core.

How many copies of Navarre is there officially starting from his first Grand Hero Battle? I am counting either 6 or 7 copies, but I’m not sure. With the difficulty maps, that is 3. With the quest that came this year, there is one more. He came back a total of two times in 2017, which gave out two more copies. That’s 6. So I’m just wondering if the very first time he came out, he had a quest for a 3* copy.

4 minutes ago, Aera said:

How many copies of Navarre is there officially starting from his first Grand Hero Battle? I am counting either 6 or 7 copies, but I’m not sure. With the difficulty maps, that is 3. With the quest that came this year, there is one more. He came back a total of two times in 2017, which gave out two more copies. That’s 6. So I’m just wondering if the very first time he came out, he had a quest for a 3* copy.

The wiki has list the maximum number of copies you can get for limited heroes here. On the unit's page under the Misc tab you can see the specifics of how the copies were awarded.

Interestingly it looks like on his first rerun, two additional copies were available, as opposed to the now-customary one, which accounts for the seventh.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

The wiki has list the maximum number of copies you can get for limited heroes here. On the unit's page under the Misc tab you can see the specifics of how the copies were awarded.

Interestingly it looks like on his first rerun, two additional copies were available, as opposed to the now-customary one, which accounts for the seventh.

Thank you! It seems like I missed the one in December 2017. ):

So I managed to accumulate a few Legendary Hectors (Was trying for 1 Myrrh, but ended up with few Hectors first along that journey).

I plan on merging them, rather than foddering them off. The problem is, the IV's i've gotten, aren't anything amazing on any of them.

Which IV's should I use as the basis?

1. +SPD / -HP
  2. Neutral

Kind of leaning towards the +SPD nature, as it will assist with Bold Fighter armour units to some degree. His HP is already quite high as well (Merges will help there anyway).

Thoughts?

@D4RTH I personally believe Neutral to be better. +Spd does literally nothing for Lector when he is already outsped by any unit with 31 speed or more, which is a common Speed threshold for a unit to reach if they want to be considered "average", but it also slightly hurts his bulk to take a -HP nature, even if you never expect to hit such low HP.

He already has not great HP for Armor unit expectations, I see no reason to make it worse.

I also don't see how +Spd would help with Bold Fighter armors. He already can cancel out doubles if he is close to more allies than the enemy, which is common for Armors, and most all meta Armor units have around the amount of speed neutral Lector has, and those who are higher than 31 are MUCH higher than 31.

Edited by Xenomata

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I also don't see how +Spd would help with Bold Fighter armors. He already can cancel out doubles if he is close to more allies than the enemy, which is common for Armors, and most all meta Armor units have around the amount of speed neutral Lector has, and those who are higher than 31 are MUCH higher than 31.

@D4RTH

Merged armors quickly make a gap. Grima, for example, has 1 more base Spd than Hector, meaning a +10 Grima without buffs will be able to double a +2 neutral Hector, as can a +3 Grima with dual rallies.

I don't know what kinds of team compositions D4RTH sees in his score range or what kind of team composition he's intending to use with Hector.

Which heroes are the best out-of-the box? By that I mean they don't need any skill to inherit. Reinhardt for example need Death Blow 3, so he's not best out-of-the box? New Hector feels like one, but

who else?

16 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Which heroes are the best out-of-the box? By that I mean they don't need any skill to inherit. Reinhardt for example need Death Blow 3, so he's not best out-of-the box? New Hector feels like one, but

who else?

Dorcas is pretty much in the exact same position as Hector III.

12 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

who else?

Hector, Hector, Hector, Sigurd, Winter Tharja, Hardin, Halloween Sakura, Klein, most Legendary Heroes, every character that starts with Swift Sparrow, every dancer.

19 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

who else?

Check the F2P tier list, most of the newer high tier units have useful and near complete skill sets:

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Tier_list

@Ice Dragon That's a lot of armored units I don't have... also don't have Klein, only 4* missing. But yeah, hard to argue with that list.

@mampfoid It's so weird to see Nowi in S+ tier even on a budget list. She clearly needs to inherit stuff to become good.

6 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

It's so weird to see Nowi in S+ tier even on a budget list. She clearly needs to inherit stuff to become good.

Nowi is already amazing with just Fury 3 or Triangle Adept 3 and Quick Riposte 2.

The budget list has a lower ceiling for reaching S+ tier because Distant Counter is a 5-star exclusive skill, which gives an advantage to any character that starts with Distant Counter on their weapon.