Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

9 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

If anything, last season was "low-effort" climb into 21. I've seen you talk about "high-week" before and I assume you mean you'll need a higher score to climb with that term?

Following the logic of the very first transition into 21 (when T21 was introduced) having the highest scorers going up, leaving the easier climb due to weaker competition on the second week, "hard" and "easy" climbs switched every week (even if it isn't that clear-cut), meaning last season was an easy climb. That's the reason why I deliberately choose that week for 20,5 climbing and every other week for demoting; it saves a lot of nerves.

Seems you're right, I misread the season end dates to be start dates, and combined with the end of CYL2 units being bonus units that led to my confusion - the 3712 cutoff for CYL2 low-week went to 3708 LeMarth high-week. Went back to check when T21 was introduced and it follows that high weeks began 14 Aug, 28 Aug, 11 Aug and today.

That said, it appears that the season just gone seemingly had a cutoff of 3706 and the week before was 3708 with the same bonus units, so it's quite likely the effect is pretty much dead and buried now.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, twinbladex said:

I got a score of 3,725 with my team of +10 merged F!Corrin, Fae, and A!Tiki along with an unmerged Fjorm. I’m unsure if that will bring me up to tier 21.

You should be fine.

I promoted with 3,721 (four weeks ago) and 3,708 (two weeks ago, very close call). Now I'm hoping today's 3,716 will be enough to promote again. @Zeo 

Fjorm performed better than expected. I had to kill a DEF stacked Sheena (Aether + Special Fighter) with M!Marth, but she had no problems killing Faes. 

/Edit: AA score was pretty much like in the last weeks: 5,189. Save top 5k. 

Edited by mampfoid

We started to see the the effect of G Duel Infantry. I fought some Ninos and Ravens today and not having a aggressive A-skill hurt them, but I didn't fight any of the Muspell Generals or Nohrian Dusk units... I noticed most of the players didn't change their defense teams yet because there are a lot of teams using arena bonus unit from last week and I fought a lot of Annas.

I don't have a full Lv 40+10 team. I used a +10 Marth, a +5 Soren (without G Duel Infantry), a +5 Nowi and a +1 Fjorm (which had the work to kill every single unit). I got 3,702, which is not enough to promote me to Tier 21, but maybe I can keep Tier 20 for more than a week. My life is: Tier 19, Tier 20, Tier 19, TIer 20...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

That said, it appears that the season just gone seemingly had a cutoff of 3706 and the week before was 3708 with the same bonus units, so it's quite likely the effect is pretty much dead and buried now.

Hard to say, last week marked also the introduction of Duel skills, and we are talking about the top scorers here, who, most likely, care about them enough to elevate the threshold in the process.

managed to rank 733 on Arena with Fjorm on T21 (cutoff is rank 930ish). Luckily i managed to get all kills but one with her. Berkuts lance Fjorm is just balls to the walls with iceberg and tactics buffs. I only couldnt kill a Cherche but managed to kill M Grima (thx Berkuts lance <3) Sheena etc. Probably will though go down to T20

Well, an early, low effort, no fishing Arena run has me at Rank 487, and that will probably be more than enough to stay in Tier 21 this week. Just slapping Renewal 3 and Iceberg on Fjorm was enough to allow her to handle just about any enemy. I think she got 19 out of 20 kills.

Looks like I won't be getting a defense win this week for the first time in months. No idea what the problem is since the same team aside from switching bonus units has been consistantly getting at least 4-5 wins every week. I just had 6 last week, and now it's 0. Maybe the bonus unit rotation just isn't being kind for me. (using Laevatein so the team can keep its tactics buffs which work good with her anyway. Seems like it'd be better than Fjorm or Laegjarn)

Also, what's the cutoff looking like for tier 21, if anyone can tell? I stayed in 21 last week using L.Marth which had my max score range at 748. Fishing for 744-746 matches and getting all but 2 bonus kills managed to place me around 1,050/1550-ish. This week I can't get quite that high with no blessing boosts like Marth gave, but my +2 Legjarn puts me at 744 and it could be 746 if I gave her Aether. I just don't want to waste feathers on Aether if that won't cut it anyway.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid My score of 3714 is only 2 points less than yours but I'm already 400 ranks away from falling out of ascension. I doubt I can get a higher score in time so I'm legit worried.

Strange that two points would make such a difference, I'm exactly 599 ranks above the cutoff. Still too close for my liking. 

Hopefully I'll score better with Tiki in the next rotation. 

44 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Looks like I won't be getting a defense win this week for the first time in months. No idea what the problem is since the same team aside from switching bonus units has been consistantly getting at least 4-5 wins every week. I just had 6 last week, and now it's 0. Maybe the bonus unit rotation just isn't being kind for me. (using Laevatein so the team can keep its tactics buffs which work good with her anyway. Seems like it'd be better than Fjorm or Laegjarn)

Same happened to me last week. No idea what made the difference to the other weeks. 

19 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Same happened to me last week. No idea what made the difference to the other weeks.

Defense wins, at least I've found, can be rather fluky in one way or the other. I mean, how else do I manage to get a win with this team?

HlAGwts.png?1

Four defence wins here with a team of Marth+9, Cecilia+10, Caeda+4, and Fjorm+1.
Do people seriously underestimate a not even fully buffed Cecilia? Or what even makes them lose? I don’t even have any cancer like dancers or Memes of Memecy here.

At this stage I just assume my defense wins are from people just surrendering their third fight of the day, mostly. After getting none last week, I got one in the first 3 hours of this week. Then another fairly recently, after I had removed all the relevant seals from my units. Nowi+8 has a Hone Atk seal, alongside seal-less F Grima+2, Myrrh+1 and Fjorm+0, all with pretty much base kits. I pretty much only slapped together the team because of Earth week, and I'm convinced the second win at least was purely pity.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Four defence wins here with a team of Marth+9, Cecilia+10, Caeda+4, and Fjorm+1.
Do people seriously underestimate a not even fully buffed Cecilia? Or what even makes them lose? I don’t even have any cancer like dancers or Memes of Memecy here.

From my experiences infantry have a hard time moving into enemy cavalry mage range in the first turn without any movement assists

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

From my experiences infantry have a hard time moving into enemy cavalry mage range in the first turn without any movement assists

But then she runs away from the rest of the team so far that even full Reposition can’t catch up, and loses her buffs and potency. Or am I wrong here?

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But then she runs away from the rest of the team so far that even full Reposition can’t catch up, and loses her buffs and potency. Or am I wrong here?

Lack of DC perhaps

Hoo boy, I think I'm safe to stay in Tier 21 (420 away from the cutoff), but this is a bit too close for comfort already. I need more copies of Laegjarn... or I should stop being cheap and just give her Aether.

Tactic teams are fun, though.

Tier 21

Score: 3,768 (744-746, 14 bonus kills, full range is 736-746)
Defense: 317 (×10+)

+2 Laegjarn [+Spd, -Res] (Niu, Reposition, Bonfire, R Duel Flying 3, Chill Atk 3, Close Guard 3, Heavy Blade 3) [Earth]
+10 Dark Hardin [+Atk, -Spd] (Gradivus, Rally Def/Res, Aether, Steady Breath, Bold Fighter 3, Armor March 3, Quick Riposte 3) [Earth]
+10 Legendary Hector [+Atk, -Res] (Thunder Armads, Swap, Aether, Distant Counter, Vengeful Fighter 3, Ostia's Pulse, Res Tactic 3)
+10 Legendary Robin [+Spd, -Res] (Expiration, Reposition, Aether, Dragonskin, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Fliers, Def Tactic 3)

I forgot to change my defense team again.

I will not reach Tier 21 again, but at least I will not be demoted to Tier 19 this time. I am happy with it.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Tactic teams are fun, though.

+2 Laegjarn [+Spd, -Res] (Niu, Reposition, Bonfire, R Duel Flying 3, Chill Atk 3, Close Guard 3, Heavy Blade 3) [Earth]
+10 Dark Hardin [+Atk, -Spd] (Gradivus, Rally Def/Res, Aether, Steady Breath, Bold Fighter 3, Armor March 3, Quick Riposte 3) [Earth]
+10 Legendary Hector [+Atk, -Res] (Thunder Armads, Swap, Aether, Distant Counter, Vengeful Fighter 3, Ostia's Pulse, Res Tactic 3)
+10 Legendary Robin [+Spd, -Res] (Expiration, Reposition, Aether, Dragonskin, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Fliers, Def Tactic 3)

That's a great team! I am also a fan of Tactic Teams. It's a fun team to use. I've been using Legendary Marth, Titania, Bride Ninian and Legendary Lyn in my Tactic Team. I still need to get Distant Counter to my Marth...

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Tybrosion Nice team, how did you build your Garon? 

He doesn’t have anything particularly extraordinary:

Breath of Blight, Swap, Glimmer, Brazen Atk/Def 3, Swordbreaker 3, Panic Ploy 3, Quick Riposte 3 seal

He’d have Reposition instead of Swap, but I never have enough Selenas and Barsts to go around.

After maintaining T20 last week, I put more effort into my team's support skills and decided to fish for 730+ opponents and attempt to give Fjorm every kill possible.

Arena team:

Spoiler

rIsUyLV.jpg

Arena score: 3,718.

Rank in Tier 20 (5 hours remaining):

0f81d5e760.jpg

Looks like this'll be my first taste of T21. Unlikely to be maintainable when it's not Fjorm season, sadly.

Well, it seems I managed to luck out after a little team arranging last night and got 1 defense just in time today. Maybe giving Vantage to Laevatein was what made the difference.

AA score of 5,217 looks pretty safe to stay in top 3k. Got it done on my first run too, which was way better than last week that had me hunting for a good run for a couple hours thanks to the RNG.

It also looks like I'll be managing to stay in tier 21 for the 3rd consecutive week thanks to +2 Laegjarn helping get a score of 3,772. Rank 1060/1570 is surprisingly high for how the 742 matches I kept taking seemed like it would be too low, but I also managed to get every bonus kill this time. Not sure how next week will go with it being water season. If I flip my blessings back to water on my arena core I can use Fjorm to score 748 max (746 max with Laegjarn this week). I neither want to use her over Laegjarn or invest any SI in her to help the run if I can help it, so I'm kind of hoping my current range will work again. Same goes for not wanting to waste more blessings if I don't need to. Since it'll be score-bloated water week with Fjorm bonus I may have to use her anyway.

Until we find out what crowns do and they turn out to do little or nothing at all I'll keep trying to chase them for now. Score bloat will outpace my core team soon so I might as well get as many as I can while it's still doable.

• T20 score of 3763 - #239 (/3713)
  • AA score of 5248 - #1255

Bonus Fjorm +7 has done crazy things to my regular score. And this isn't even water season. If it flips over to water next week, I stand a legit chance of staying in T21 for just that week.

AA feels a little weird to me. Like, with an armoured trainee dragon in the mix, I expected to get pushed way back, like with Hector, but I ended up scoring proprotionally about the same, if not a little better, than before.

I think I didn't report for last week. It wasn't anything noteworthy though. 

This week I got only 1 Def win which hurts but it's better than nothing. I also went back to tier 21, thanks to Laegjarn being a great bonus unit (even if she has no A skill because muh Arena score). 

For AA, it's the same as usual. Fell out of the top 5k by a very small margin. I need to work on a 4th +10 unit soon, I think I'll start working on Soleil because I'm interested in seeing how she plays with that stupidly strong stat spread.