Grand Hero Battle: Navarre

Vaximillian

43 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If I'm skimming this correctly, the lowest-rarity team that managed to beat Michalis's map was 3-star Virion, 3-star Narcian, 4-star Tiki, and 3-star Gwendolyn. The tweet that followed indicated that the team did not use skill inheritance.

That's kind of BS since there's video evidence showing that the Lunatic Michalis map got cleared using ONLY 3* -free- units (Narcian, Olivia, Subaki, Sophia) without any skill inheritance. The same user also showed a method of clearing the Lunatic map using only free units but no Narcian (same party but replace 3* Narcian with 4* Michalis trained from the 3* Michalis obtained from the Hard map).

For Navarre's map...

Maybe Effie/Subaki, Olivia, Lyn, and Lissa? Or go Effie, Subaki, Lyn/Sophia, Olivia?

Edited by Roflolxp54

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

And they just posted another tweet that the screenshot is indeed from a dev build for the changes we don't have, haha.

Indeed they did.

Good job guys.

14 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Sorry to sorta-derail, but what equippable item? I don't remember seeing anything about equippable items (though I probably missed it). Will it let us partially-charge our skills before a map starts like Navarre and company here? Because I would kinda like that.

Here, bottom of the fourth screenshot:

EDIT:

12 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

That's kind of BS since there's video evidence showing that the Lunatic Michalis map got cleared using ONLY 3* -free- units (Narcian, Olivia, Subaki, Sophia) without any skill inheritance. The same user also showed a method of clearing the Lunatic map using only free units but no Narcian (same party but replace 3* Narcian with 4* Michalis trained from the 3* Michalis obtained from the Hard map).

More what happens when I skim posts instead of actually reading them. "Among the lowest-rarity teams, here's one of them."

Edited by Ice Dragon

@Ice Dragon Ah, I see. Thanks, mate.
Still dunno what it's gonna do, but I'm curious. At least Navarre won't have any extra skills on Lunatic like I was afraid of when I saw that.

@Roflolxp54 Perhaps Subaki (for Navarre, and maybe could help with the daggers and healer) / Stahl (for Hammerman, and maybe could help with the daggers and healer) / Michalis (for the daggers and healer) / Olivia (for dancing)? I dunno if Michalis can cut it at 3-Star Level 40, and I'm going with Stahl here primarily because I intend to use my Stahl for this map (originally had Sophia here before I remembered that Stahl was a free Hero Battle unit... he is, right?), but perhaps that could work?

Edited by ILikeKirbys

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Perhaps Subaki (for Navarre, and maybe could help with the daggers and healer) / Stahl (for Hammerman, and maybe could help with the daggers and healer) / Michalis (for the daggers and healer) / Olivia (for dancing)? I dunno if Michalis can cut it at 3-Star Level 40, and I'm going with Stahl here primarily because I intend to use my Stahl for this map (originally had Sophia here before I remembered that Stahl was a free Hero Battle unit... he is, right?), but perhaps that could work?

One plan I have is having Lyn take out the axe fighter, Effie take out Navarre and the thieves, and either one of them taking out the cleric. Lissa would keep Effie/Lyn healthy and Olivia would give any one of them extra turns.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

One plan I have is having Lyn take out the axe fighter, Effie take out Navarre and the thieves, and either one of them taking out the cleric. Lissa would keep Effie/Lyn healthy and Olivia would give any one of them extra turns.

Ah, I see. Sorry about that, thought you were talking about something else. You've probably got this covered then.

For your teams, you're probably better off with Subaki/Effie/Lyn/Olivia, I'm not sure how much help a healer will be here... Though I'm bringing Sakura for my first tries, but that's just because I like having a healer around when I'm trying a new map, she'll probably be replaced by Ninian by the time I clear Lunatic.

Going to sleep now, but good luck to you all tomorrow!
Just gonna hope that IntSys didn't give anyone B Tomebreaker...

I wonder if Bunny Camilla will come in happy here.  If those Ninjas have Poison Daggers, that could hurt most of my other units.

Although, I might be able to bring in Leo if he can take out the Axe Fighter in one shot, then dance him back out of harms way, and have Ninian take out Navarre.

27 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wonder if Bunny Camilla will come in happy here.  If those Ninjas have Poison Daggers, that could hurt most of my other units.

Although, I might be able to bring in Leo if he can take out the Axe Fighter in one shot, then dance him back out of harms way, and have Ninian take out Navarre.

The daggers are a Silver Dagger and I think a Rogue Dagger, so you don't have to worry about Poison Daggers this time. I'm not sure I'd bring Bunny Camilla here, honestly. I think the enemies'll have higher RES than DEF for the most part, so you'd probably be better off with a different unit.

Leo, on the other hand, is good for the purpose you stated, though I wouldn't have him fight the daggers (they'll double him, and then debuff him, and his DEF isn't amazing so he's gonna have some trouble if he gets ganged up on).

I'm going to sleep (again), so I can't help you further than that, but good luck!

Edited by ILikeKirbys

I'm thinking Ryoma, Reinhardt, Nino, and Olivia, for my team. Ryo for the axe, Reinhardt for Navarre, and if Nino is strong enough to take out swordlords with just buffs from Ryo and Olivia I think she can take some ninjas too. If Reinhardt doesn't hit the daggers hard enough he can help Olivia position.

55 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Judging by the possible stats in the first post, she might not be able to muscle through them, even with Gronnraven+ and Triangle Adept. I hope that's not the case, though. I know I'll be trying anyway. If not, a regular Camilla might work since she'll likely survive the axe fighter and healer's attacks if she kills the ninja.

I'll probably send Tharja in through the trees and try to one shot the axe fighter on the same opening turn, leaving that ninja out of reach in the back as the hardest thing to deal with. My Peri with Swordbreaker can probably take out Navarre, but will possibly be screwed by that ninja if Navarre damages her back enough.

Edited by Alkaid

Lunatic was piss easy. Ephraim, Ninian, Kagero and Lilina easily cleared the map. Reciprocal aid HP swapping allowed Kagero to ORKO both ninjas and the healer, Lilina OHKOed the axeman, and Ephraim rekt Navarre.

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Lunatic was piss easy. Ephraim, Ninian, Kagero and Lilina easily cleared the map. Reciprocal aid HP swapping allowed Kagero to ORKO both ninjas and the healer, Lilina OHKOed the axeman, and Ephraim rekt Navarre.

Suggestions for those without Kageros (or Effies/Hectors/M!Robins) are gonna be the most helpful tips here!

Can't even beat Hard difficulty here. Effie moves too slowly to do anything and gets OR'd by the axe fighter. Lyn can't take repeated hits. The forest terrain makes it hard for me to position my units well. Olivia is too fragile and dies easily to the thieves.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Well, so much for thinking it would be easy. My default team of Eirika, Catria, Nino, and Ninian got wrecked on Lunatic. That cleric is a real pain in the butt.

Edit: Well, never mind. Switched Catria for Ephraim and beat it.

Edited by Sentinel07

I agree that Lunatic was rather easy. I had a 5* team of Roy, Abel, Takumi and Kagero.

Roy smited Kagero, then she took out the Rouge Dagger ninja and Panic cleric.

Roy killed the Axe guy to make way for Abel.

Abel killed the other ninja and poked Navarre until he was dead.

Takumi was just observing.

Edit: Though maybe the team was what made it so easy.

Edited by Zero1000

Dang, I'm able to take out everything but the two thieves, on lunatic mode. I beat hard mode with Lyn, Bunny Lucina, Jaffar and Maria, but that team won't cut it. I use Jaffar with speed boost to distact the thieves, then on the next turn heal him up, us BLucy and Lyn to take out Navarre, then Lyn can take the axe user on her own later, if it wasn't for the theves. They're too strong XD. Any advice? I really want him as a natural four star haha. Thanks!

Makes me wish I had Kagero...I only have one orbs, so even if I could get lucky, I can't pull her. Dang. Seems like she is the one person who can own this lol.

Edited by Dylan Corona

Ok, done in Hard with my normal characters (Oboro, Takumi, Leo and Lyn)

This is not going to work on Lunatic haha... aahh, gonna think in something for Lunatic

For some reason I thought this wouldn't be live until next week. Welp, can't wait for Mkv to do a free units run with this.

Also, I thought Navarre would have a different end weapon -- I have never played Shadow Dragon -- which made him a bit underwhelming when I checked his skills after beating hard mode. I blame the artwork. Killing Edge is his iconic weapon, but the artist basically gave him Alastor from Devil May Cry.

Edited by Kaden

Finished it on the second try, but that's mostly due to how stupidly tanky and powerful a +10 Robin with Quick Riposte is.

My first try was a failure because I didn't realize Robin would need to keep Sanaki's Hone Atk buff to two-round kill Navarre.

Team was Tharja (+Spd, vanilla skills), +10 Robin (+Spd, -Res, Quick Riposte 3), Ninian (only for dancing, vanilla skills), and Sanaki (only for Hone Atk, vanilla skills).

1. Turn 1: Robin starts next to Sanaki and has Hone Atk up on turn 1. Robin moves into the forest kitty-corner from the clearing under the hammerman. Sanaki moves next to him so Hone Atk will be up on turn 2.
  2. Thief attacks Robin and dies. Other Thief attacks Robin and dies, but breaks Quick Riposte. Hammerman moves 1 square down, Navarre moves to the opening in the forest. Cleric moves somewhere.
  3. Turn 2: Tharja kills the Hammerman. Robin attacks Navarre. Ninian dances for Robin. Robin attacks and kills Navarre.
  4. Cleric attacks Tharja. Whoop-dee-doo.
  5. Turn 3: Everyone nukes the cleric.

With my move pattern, I think this can be doable with anyone with Daggerbreaker and enough Atk, taking the place of Robin, but that requires either Kagero or Setsuna to provide the Daggerbreaking. I'm pretty sure Tharja cannot be replaced due to needing to be a red mage fast enough to double attack the hammerman. If the Daggerbreaker deals enough damage to take out the thieves without buffs, Sanaki can be replaced with anyone that can kill Navarre himself.

I beat lunatic with a 5* team of Ryoma, Ephraim, Kagero, and Cecilia. 

There was some skill inheritance with Ephraim though. He has rally defence and sword breaker. 

So i put Kagero in the trees where she would get attacked by the two ninjas and had Ephraim rally her defence so she would survive their attacks. 

Then after Navarre started advancing i had Ephraim positioned so only Navarre could attack him. 

After Navarre killed himself Ryoma killed the axe user and Cecilia went to kill the healer. 

Overall  I found it rather easy but that is only because of the team that I used. 

Cecilia could interchanged with any character she just sat around most of the time.

Beat Lunatic. Those thieves are definitely buffer than I anticipated, but I was able to do it on my second try. 

Very kitey strat. Uses Ryoma/Reinhardt/Nino/Olivia. Reinhardt basically carried because hit and run OP and he got a blazing thunder off on a thief. But basically I baited bottom thief (Darting Blow) with Nino, because I ran the calcs and it dies. Nino lives with like 10 HP thanks to the power of MATH, deletes fighter, and I use SWAP on my Ryoma to swap him in to tank and also so Nino can get danced and out of danger. Ryoma lives with 5 HP after tanking Navarre and the thief, what a champ. Unfortunately neither dies because they have balls high speed and kept on getting healed. The other thief starts creeping in through the other side of the woods. Reinhardt doesn't quiiiite ORKO him. but he doesn't die either. That's fine. After checking that ranges are all good and Reinhardt doesn't put himself in danger, he hits thief, does significant damage, lives with 2 hp. Nino comes up and finishes. Then he hit and runs on Navarre out of the range of the other thief with the power of OLIVIA. Then he has blazing thunder up so he just blows up the other thief. Healer was easy. I think Nino nuked it after it got in range. If not then ryoma punched it in the face. either works.