Wedding Banner Speculation

There's gonna be Bride Charlotte and castration jokes (since her default kit's final weapon has her attack with a giant spoon).

I see that Yamada Kotaro did Bride Lyn's artwork (he also did regular Lyn's Heroes artwork) and it looks really good - Lyn looks really happy in her normal portrait and her standard attack animation!

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, GinRei said:

I gave those a pass because not many builds used the non-Fury +stat skills, Blow skills that weren't +6, or Spurs.  It felt like they were just trying to diversify enough to get that play style used.

This, however, is a thing that's already highly used (Rallies).

I'm pretty sure Blow and Spur skills show up at least as much as Rallies, and certainly not noticeably less. "Blow skills that weren't +6" isn't really a fair comparison because the only Blow skills that weren't +6 weren't top-level. Swift Sparrow gives a total of +8 to stats compared to the typical +6, although focusing on one stat does tend to be preferable.

Edited by Othin

The only thing that could have made Caeda's weapon more entertaining would have been for it to be a dagger. I would have payed money for the chance to have a character whacking people with a bouquet.

The lack of grooms is disappointing but I think watching the salt over this will more than make up for it.

Edited by DarkLordIvy

19 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Depending on her stats, that'd be really good with a Wrathful Staff.  Of course, if her stats AREN'T good or you don't have Wrathful Staff...

Indeed, if her stats does turn out bad at least she can safely debuff vantage and distant/close counter units for your other units with her default B skill.

So question on the Candle Stick: does it act just like her B slot skill or does it apply a debuff that prevents counter attacks from that unit for the rest of the turn?

1 minute ago, Othin said:

This gives a total of +8 to stats compared to the typical +6, although focusing on one stat does tend to be preferable.

That's what I meant by the "that aren't +6" part.  Sorry, tired and not explaining well.  And I feel like I've only really seen Spur skills used if they were default on the unit because of arena points and most don't care about C skills outside of Armor/Flying/Horse.

1 minute ago, DarkLordIvy said:

The only thing that could have made Caeda's weapon more entertaining would have been for it to be a dagger. I would have payed money for the chance to have a character whacking people with a bouquet.

While slapping people with a bouquet is entertaining, you have to realize that her tome is essentially 'catch the bouquet'.

And that's why I want Caeda. Her opponents will be happy (from knowing that they'll get married soon) while also dying in pain. It's pretty messed up when you think about it. XD

Well, not surprised on four brides. Ain't exactly new under the sun.

Also, a candle is totally something I would've see as a weapon if instead of brides it was a set of wedding-themed characters, like the Priest.

Just now, Falcom said:

While slapping people with a bouquet is entertaining, you have to realize that her tome is essentially 'catch the bouquet'.

And that's why I want Caeda. Her opponents will be happy (from knowing that they'll get married soon) while also dying in pain. It's pretty messed up when you think about it. XD

Yeah I get it, I'm just easily amused by silly things like that :p

Death by wedding excitement in any form is highly entertaining!

3 minutes ago, GinRei said:

So question on the Candle Stick: does it act just like her B slot skill or does it apply a debuff that prevents counter attacks from that unit for the rest of the turn?

The latter

1 minute ago, GinRei said:

That's what I meant by the "that aren't +6" part.  Sorry, tired and not explaining well.  And I feel like I've only really seen Spur skills used if they were default on the unit because of arena points and most don't care about C skills outside of Armor/Flying/Horse.

My understanding is that it's like Panic, Slow, Fear, and other non-Assault staffs: no special effect in-battle, but it inflicts a status for a turn after battle, so it's not redundant with her skill.

I'm not sure what you mean about Blow skills, since what I was saying is that there wasn't really a precedent for Swift Sparrow. Although I guess it doesn't see a ton of use because it doesn't offer much you can't get with something out of LaD, Death Blow, Darting Blow, and Fury? And of course other Blow skill variants would be worse since no one wants a defensive Blow.

I use Spur skills on most of my arena units, unless they're using a movement type buff skill. In my experience, outside of Blade teams, Spur seems better than Hone, and the other C skills are all pretty bad.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Charlotte is also a lame choice, imo.

I don't see why. In fact, I think the irony of her being a bride in spite of her character makes her a great choice.

That being said, I'm not much of a festive gimmick fan, so I may actually save my orbs for the first time and hope for a focus banner with the older Tiki.

Just now, NoirCore said:

I don't see why. In fact, I think the irony of her being a bride in spite of her character makes her a great choice.

Like I said, I don't like her. So I don't like her in the banner. Simple as that.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Like I said, I don't like her. So I don't like her in the banner. Simple as that.

That doesn't necessarily mean she's a bad choice for the banner, though. Your opinion and the possible reasoning for her inclusion are not linked.

33 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Quiet u there's always Spring-Lucy anyways. Crap, I just remember I don't have Spring Lucy! NNNOOOOO!!!! Plz pass the vodka?

RIP i got Spring Lucy wish i could pass her over but here's some vodka instead??

6 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

That doesn't necessarily mean she's a bad choice for the banner, though. Your opinion and the possible reasoning for her inclusion are not linked.

I'm still allowed to dislike her as a choice...

Although, I apologize if I've been sounding too hostile. I ended up sick today after being at the zoo (but the zoo isn't to blame, I'm pretty sure), so I'm uncomfortable, and my disappointment with this banner doesn't help, of course...

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I'm still allowed to dislike her as a choice...

That's not where my confusion and curiosity comes from; it's coming from the logic that brought you to why you consider Charlotte a nonsensical choice on the part of the developers, which you've stated so far is that you don't like the character in general. I obviously have no issue with you disliking Charlotte, and I don't really care too much for her either.

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

That's not where my confusion and curiosity comes from; it's coming from the logic that brought you to why you consider Charlotte a nonsensical choice on the part of the developers, which you've stated so far is that you don't like the character in general. I obviously have no issue with you disliking Charlotte, and I don't really care too much for her either.

Okay then, other than not liking her, I don't think she fits the banner because she's more selfish and spoiled than anything and isn't marrying for love, she just wants money. Caeda and Cordelia are more love-oriented females (Caeda loves Marth and has that "do you believe in love?" line while Cordelia has an unrequited crush). I don't think Lyn fits either, but, well, she's popular. Charlotte doesn't have that either.

However, Lyn's dialogue in the trailer instantly made me imagine her and Hector doing this song together... lol (in William and Euberta's places could be Eliwood and Florina, I guess lol)

All the art in this banner is gr9.  With maybe the exception of Charlotte.

I remember making a joke about a Valentine's Day Cordelia who wielded a cupid bow, but I guess a bride Cordelia with a cupid bow works too.

Time to farm orbs.

And then cry when the gacha only gives me red and green orbs.

Edited by The Geek

All of these are great and Charlotte's weapon is the best of the batch. Hope I pull any of these during its duration, Celica's banner sadly drained most of my pulls and I didn't even get anything. Looking forward to all of Cordelia's awkward Chrom-based voice clips.