Tempest Torture

Arthur97

5 minutes ago, Maronmario said:

I finally managed to get the breath of life seal. At this point in time I've basically given up on the quickened pulse seal, I'm going to try to get it the next time the trials appear.

Now to get 5 star 'Marth'. 

Fair warning, you'll probably regret it when the next Trial is for Nohrian Azura and all the maps are from Fates.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Fair warning, you'll probably regret it when the next Trial is for Nohrian Azura and all the maps are from Fates.

Excuse me for butting in, but...was that datamined, or are you just giving a hypothetical? Because if that's the next one, I will be very pleased (I love her Nohrian outfit...!)...

Just now, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Excuse me for butting in, but...was that datamined, or are you just giving a hypothetical? Because if that's the next one, I will be very pleased (I love her Nohrian outfit...!)...

It's a joke.

But the underlying issue is that the Fates maps are arguably worse compared to what we have now for the Trials.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

It's a joke.

But the underlying issue is that the Fates maps are arguably worse compared to what we have now for the Trials.

Oh... :'D Oopsies~ hahaha. My mistake!

I...don't like the thought of the maps getting worse, though. The ones we have now can be tricky as-is...

Just now, XRay said:

I love her dark dress too. I wish they made that her default dress instead of the white one.

I can see why they went with the white...well, that's plot-related, but I do agree. Both are pretty, but the dark dress is far more appealing than the white one, in my opinion.

Edited by Luna of Dragonblood

1 minute ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

I love her dark dress too. I wish they made that her default dress instead of the white one.

17 minutes ago, Maronmario said:

I finally managed to get the breath of life seal. At this point in time I've basically given up on the quickened pulse seal, I'm going to try to get it the next time the trials appear.

Now to get 5 star 'Marth'. 

I don't think it's safe to assume that either of these seals will be included in the rewards for the next Tempest Trial.

5 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Oh... :'D Oopsies~ hahaha. My mistake!

I...don't like the thought of the maps getting worse, though. The ones we have now can be tricky as-is...

I can see why they went with the white...well, that's plot-related, but I do agree. Both are pretty, but the dark dress is far more appealing than the white one, in my opinion.

It is most definitely "plot" related. Did you hear how much louder Garon groaned when he saw dark Azura vs white Azura? And do not forget the face he made; it was like he saw pure beauty.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

It is most definitely "plot" related. Did you hear how much louder Garon groaned when he saw dark Azura vs white Azura? And do not forget the face he made; it was like he saw pure beauty.

Hahaha~ I think the intensity of the song certainly helped, too. Again, my opinion, but "Dark Song" is far more impactful. I wish there was a long, full version of it...

17 minutes ago, JSND said:

What was Fates map again?

Ch. 3, Birthright Ch. 6, Conquest Ch. 21 & 25, just to name a few. There's a few others but I can't remember what chapters they are off the top of my head. Just a long strip of land with a bridge next to it.

Just throwing in this random comment in here.

Honestly, if one were to go for anything in the Tempest Trials, try to get the 4* version of Masked Marth (6,000 points, which is entirely doable). The Seals will no doubt return in some fashion, the only question is when (remember, duplicate seals are converted into feathers.) It is entirely possible to wait for a new event that may make obtaining these seals much easier. Even if they were to return in a future Tempest Trials, I am confident that IS will learn from this one and make the next less tedious in terms of gameplay.

I'm taking the Tempest Trials at my own pace and just reached 7.5k instead of grinding myself to oblivion for that covetous Quickened Pulse. Try not to get overzealous and magnify the importance of a single seal in a video game. There are other things that can also be done that may be more fulfilling and less stressful.
As for the Fate's maps, why not check out the "Map Matchup Thread?" I placed the maps here for convenience though.

Chapter 2 - Fates Conquest
2-1: Embrace the Dark (Chapter 6)
2-2: Light Scatters (Birthright Chapter 14)
2-3: Leo (Birthright Chapter 18)
2-4: Burning Falls (Birthright Chapter 21)
2-5: King Garon (Birthright Chapter 27)

Chapter 6 - Fates Birthright
6-1: Journey Begins (Chapter 3)
6-2: Unhappy Reunion (Conquest Chapter 10) 
6-3: Hinoka (Conquest Chapter 24)
6-4: Sakura (Conquest Chapter 22)
6-5: Possessed (Conquest Chapter 23) and Ryoma (Conquest Chapter 25)

Extra
GHB Xander: Bitter Intrigue (Conquest Chapter 12)

It's funny clicking to skip a battle where you think Veronica is going to OHKO your last combat unit with Bonfire and finding that they actually survived with 2 HP, one-rounded her on the enemy phase, and charged their special so they can take out the one other enemy remaining.

I'm used to a Bonfire hit from Veronica being an instant kill on anyone, but apparently not Lilina. Which I actually calculated a while ago but forgot about.

Nino is really a killing machine... Like... Woah!!

tumblr_orm3ud1nLo1rql8cco1_1280.png

Too much power on a lil girl

5 hours ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

From what I've seen/heard, Leo really shines when with a Horse Emblem team with a blade tome. I think Quick Riposte and Savage Blow can be kept, since they work well with him...A Skill I'm not so sure about. I don't think you can go wrong with Death Blow, though? Or Fury?

Nice!! You're so close to Masked Luci!! Good luck! :D

:'D Oh wow that's really funny! I've seen a lot of Draw Back/Reposition shenanigans, but never Reciprocal Aid! Who was doing that??

I only have one Hinata and I would like to keep it haha. Mmmm, maybe I can use one of the multiple Ursulas for Death Blow... I'm going to think about it.

Only 5,000 more for LuciMask!!

On yeah, it was a Setsuna and Titania

It was, actually funny to see

Edited by SniperGYS

25 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I only have one Hinata and I would like to keep it haha. Mmmm, maybe I can use one of the multiple Ursulas for Death Blow... I'm going to think about it.

Only 5,000 more for LuciMask!!

On yeah, it was a Setsuna and Titania

It was funny

No worries~ they're just recommendations; you can build him however you'd like/think would work best for your team!

So close!! :D Good luck! She'll be yours before you know it~!!

Oh my gosh, that's too funny! How many turns did they do that for before you baited them over??

Ugh, finally got the seal on my second account. I think I'll pass on the orbs unless I have spare time, since I have to train Camus/Masked Lucina and also do the GHB. The orbs aren't too big of a priority at the moment compared to Camus (who I just upgraded to 4 star and still need to 5 star). Also have to clean out my barracks since it keeps getting full and I can't get extra Legions yet.

Main account is a bit behind, but 45,000 isn't too bad and I'll be on track to get the Quickened Pulse seal within the next few days. I'll need the orbs on that account but my team isn't as good as the other account, so we'll see. 

Edited by mcsilas

So, this Is a thing.

This has been pretty consistent now. Nino completely changes the dynamic. Having 2 strong green mages is ridiculous. 

After experimenting, basically we run with B!Caeda/Xander/Soren/Wrys up until the end, then switch to Nino/Tharja/B!Cordelia/Olivia to sweep Veronica... fairly easily actually. Hand a run or two where I faltered and got a C in survival clutching it out with an Athena team. Even failed once, but it's become the exception rather than the rule. Nino was the key after all, I don't regret anything anymore, and since Soren's HM is now maxed, I think I'll switch to her as my main green mage when this is over.

At 44.2k. QP is in the bag. I'm getting points twice as fast as I was before. After I hit 50k I'll probably start farming SP and HM on other units. Who knows, maybe I'll even get a few orbs out of the deal.

We're done here.  Now if we can just manage to beat Legion. I think that might be another trial entirely, maybe even a harder one.

Edited by Zeo

The grind isn't too bad if one has a team or 2 that's reliable for the Lunatic 7 maps. It's been fairly trivial for me once I realized I should swap the greens so the Robin(M)/Celica team has Anna for a physical unit, especially for the 4 flier map and so Linde/Eirika has Julia who can fight Veronica way better. Seems obvious I suppose but eh.

Haven't been using up all my stamina, or really that efficient with it (still doing GHBs and some quests), and already have the 5* Marth, and easily on pace for the Pulse seal and perhaps a reward tier or 2 beyond. 

Edited by XeKr

Yup, I don't even bother going for a perfect run. I use Xander, Olivia (was Ninian but she maxed HM), Reinhardt and Cecilia (was Soren but he maxed HM) to get up to Veronica's map. There, I swap out for either a Sanaki, Lucina, Azura and mage to counter horse mage or (if the unit is a lance unit), Tharja, Axe user (Bunny!Chrom or Titania normally. Sometimes Hector if there's a dagger unit next to Veronica) and a mage to counter the horse mage. I rarely lose with this ^.^

Currently on 65k. Not worried that I won't get all the rewards. It's odd to think, at the start of this, I truly believed I'd struggle to even get the 5* Lucina...

This thing... has eaten my soul...

The first 3 days or so I miserably failed again and again while trying to figure things out. My tried-and-true defensive strategy (Hector/Ryoma/Takumi/Azura) was literally useless - even with their high defenses, after 2, tops 3 battles they just couldn't keep up any more.

Then I bit the bullet and promoted my Nino and Tharja in order to create a glass cannon Blade Emblem team. Using Eirika as my main buffer, Azura as dancer for color coverage, and the aforementioned two, both decked out with Desperation 3 and Life and Death 3 (courtesy of my random triple 5* Jaffar pull), I was able to finally get my first perfect run. I continued running with this team with relative success. The problem was this was the ONLY viable team I had. This meant that either:

a) I'd get a perfect 7-map-win with them (around 20% of the time)
b) I'd get to the 7th map with 1-2 team members alive, then switch out 2 fodder teams to weaken the enemy, then switch to Hector/Olivia/Ryoma/Takumi or Cordelia depending on map to mop up (around 50% of the time, although many of those times I was just too bad a player and lost regardless)
c) I'd just get stomped before I could even get to Veronica (rest of the time)

Using the above after countless trial-and-error where I learned every dirty trick in the book to get my people out of danger and sneak kills out of nowhere, maximizing the shit out of the Blade tomes, I was finally able to get 48k and I'm now ready for the seal... the problem comes afterwards... I just feel too tired to continue. My main team has capped HM and a lot more SP than they'll ever need. I have a few heroes I could train for this but I don't want to waste stamina to level them up, then waste even more stamina trying to formulate new strategies for the new team to win through the Trials.

Overall... good event, made me a hell of a lot better player (which isn't saying much; I sucked before and I still suck now) but the grind is unbelievable.

...... I think I've only gotten past Lunatic 4 times total.

I mean, I am just drained by how much of a slog it is. It's better to fail Lunatic than to pass Hard (Obviously Hard/Lunatic 5 maps), I've got next to no good options to take out Veronica and the one team that's been able to get to that last map consistently (M!Robin, Eirika, Lissa and Springcina) obviously aren't much good when they get there. And all of my attempts with other teams have failed barring 1 total (and that was a half-assed Mounted Emblem (No hone/fortify cav)). What are you people doing to get so many points?

This mode is dispiriting and there's no way I'll get the second seal, and am concerned 5* M!Marth is past my chances right now.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

...... I think I've only gotten past Lunatic 4 times total.

I mean, I am just drained by how much of a slog it is. It's better to fail Lunatic than to pass Hard (Obviously Hard/Lunatic 5 maps), I've got next to no good options to take out Veronica and the one team that's been able to get to that last map consistently (M!Robin, Eirika, Lissa and Springcina) obviously aren't much good when they get there. And all of my attempts with other teams have failed barring 1 total (and that was a half-assed Mounted Emblem (No hone/fortify cav)). What are you people doing to get so many points?

This mode is dispiriting and there's no way I'll get the second seal, and am concerned 5* M!Marth is past my chances right now.

D: I'm sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. Are your units using any form of skill inheritance? Without some form of, getting through/decent points is...I don't want to say impossible, but extremely difficult. How many points do you have at the moment?

3 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

D: I'm sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. Are your units using any form of skill inheritance? Without some form of, getting through/decent points is...I don't want to say impossible, but extremely difficult. How many points do you have at the moment?

I've hit over 14K, and I do have skill inheritance.... which doesn't help this party get through the last map unless I get lucky and I don't get something they can't handle fast enough.

Thing is, I usually can get to the last map, and thanks to M!Robin I'm able to get over 200 each time I get to the last map.... but finishing the thing is a trial (geddit?) that most of the rest can't handle either. Of them, there's the armours (Just no), the fliers (I have the units to boost stats, but no Spring Camilla and of the other fliers), the cavaliers (which consists of Xander, Ursula, Frederick and Stahl. Clarine's my only other healer of note, but she's usually not used in a cav team) and the rest (I tried Felicia but no, she's -Att, Cherche actually can't beat the stat inflation, Navarre.... Just no, Selena can actually be decent but she's -Att again and can't hurt Veronica like Eirika can without Moonbow and F!Robin helps with the cavaliers... but not as much as I'd like.)

All this stat inflation ain't satisfaction in me.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I've hit over 14K, and I do have skill inheritance.... which doesn't help this party get through the last map unless I get lucky and I don't get something they can't handle fast enough.

Thing is, I usually can get to the last map, and thanks to M!Robin I'm able to get over 200 each time I get to the last map.... but finishing the thing is a trial (geddit?) that most of the rest can't handle either. Of them, there's the armours (Just no), the fliers (I have the units to boost stats, but no Spring Camilla and of the other fliers), the cavaliers (which consists of Xander, Ursula, Frederick and Stahl. Clarine's my only other healer of note, but she's usually not used in a cav team) and the rest (I tried Felicia but no, she's -Att, Cherche actually can't beat the stat inflation, Navarre.... Just no, Selena can actually be decent but she's -Att again and can't hurt Veronica like Eirika can without Moonbow and F!Robin helps with the cavaliers... but not as much as I'd like.)

All this stat inflation ain't satisfaction in me.

Hmm...you'll need ~16k in 5 days to get M!Marth; which averages to 3,200 points a day. If you're getting ~200 a pop...you'll need to use a stamina potion or two to do it (if you can consistently just get to Veronica's map). It's doable! Rough, but doable!

Your initial team seems pretty reliant on hitting units' RES; my initial team (Tharja, Nino, Azura, and Lissa) encounters the same problem, actually. The inflated stats make some units too bulky, and a Niles or Felicia can shut them down easily (Azura can't even kill Niles, so I have to rely on her+either Tharja or Nino to secure the kill).

Perhaps a simple attempt to fix it would be switch the order of your teams? If you need certain units to clear the last map, try to save them for that last map (even if Team A wipes on Battle 3-4, your team for Veronica might have enough HP to do it). What does your cavalier team look like? It seems pretty physical-heavy, but they might be able to get the job done with the right buffs/composition.

Do you have any decent archers? What about your other blues and greens?