Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

I've done a few runs, and while Lunatic is too much for my teams (I only really have one and a half serviceable teams at this point), Hard has been going well. There's something I don't quite understand though: I heard Tempest Trials are ranked, or something? That we compete in a similar way to that in the Arena? How exactly does that work? I though you just accumulated points for rewards.

Edited by Thane

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Thane said:

I've done a few runs, and while Lunatic is too much for my teams (I only really have one and a half serviceable teams at this point), Hard has been going well. There's something I don't quite understand though: I heard Tempest Trials are ranked, or something? That we compete in a similar way to that in the Arena? How exactly does that work? I though you just accumulated points for rewards.

Whoever accumulates the most points is the winner. The top 500 scorers get the biggest reward (last time it was 10,000 feathers, but I haven't checked what it is this time), and so on in such a fashion.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Whoever accumulates the most points is the winner. The top 500 scorers get the biggest reward (last time it was 10,000 feathers, but I haven't checked what it is this time), and so on in such a fashion.

So just extra rewards? Crikey, I think getting just 99.999 points would be tough, but actually going beyond that? I love this game, but not that much!

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

So just extra rewards? Crikey, I think getting just 99.999 points would be tough, but actually going beyond that? I love this game, but not that much!

It's not that bad- last time, most people called it quits after Quickened Pulse. Someone about a hundred points beyond was in theĀ rank 40,000 ballpark, while I (having used Tempest to grind Lilina's SP), with a score in the area of 53,000, had a rank around 20,000. (If memory serves).

You have to go above and beyond the mega-competitive whales who claim all of those 99,999 point reward orbs and claim a top spot, but for a half-way decent rank? I'd imagine 50,000 would serve you very nicely.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

It's not that bad- last time, most people called it quits after Quickened Pulse. Someone about a hundred points beyond was in theĀ rank 40,000 ballpark, while I (having used Tempest to grind Lilina's SP), with a score in the area of 53,000, had a rank around 20,000. (If memory serves).

You have to go above and beyond the mega-competitive whales who claim all of those 99,999 point reward orbs and claim a top spot, but for a half-way decent rank? I'd imagine 50,000 would serve you very nicely.

Well, that sounds somewhat doable, though it surprises me to hear you get rewards for being so far down.

Thanks a lot for the info, by the way!

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Well, that sounds somewhat doable, though it surprises me to hear you get rewards for being so far down.

Thanks a lot for the info, by the way!

Anyway, it's the same rankings as last time.

1-1000: 10,000 feathers.
1001-5000: 8,000 feathers.
5001-10000: 6,000 feathers.
10001-50000: 4,000 feathers
50001-100000: 3,000 feathers.
100001-200000: 2,000 feathers.
200001-300000: 1,500 feathers.
300001-400000: 1,000 feathers.
400001-500000: 500 feathers.

I am currently rank 32,776 with a score of 1,707. Obviously, a score like this will get me a terrible rank later, but I am gunning for Phantom Speed (as inconsequential as it appears). I imagine that, being less appealing than Quickened Pulse, that alone will secure me a good rank at the end.

So glad units don't respawn now. If my first team faces an unwinnable battle i can at least do as much damage as I can before falling to make it easier for the next team.

Just a shame i only have Sharena for bonus points on main account, so grinding will be annoying. At least the maps aren't as annoying as the Awakening maps- only the cemetery map slows down horse emblem with the tree fort tile if team A falls.

Second account has my new 4 star Boey as a bonus unit, so at least the run is easier there. Gave him Reciprocal Aid, Renewal, Breath of Life 2 from 2 star Felicia and Breath of Life seal to heal as much as I can. He is -Atk/+SpdĀ so he relies on Ignis to really do some damage. I run him with Dr. lucina, Olivia and Klein. Double Reciprocal Aid users has been pretty decent, sometime mistakes are made and I only have Klein and Olivia but usually that's enough to get me to the final map.

also I love they used that specific theme music for the final map. Too bad battles interrupt the awesome music

40 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:
Looks like mkv is having a better time now since the units don't respawn.

Sakura clear when? Iā€™m really looking forward to the shrine maiden dominating everything once again.

14 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Are the maps always the same (with different unit compesitions naturally)

Iā€™m so glad Nuibabaā€™s Mansion is not present.

Edited by Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Iā€™m so glad Nuibabaā€™s Mansion is not present.

I did Nuibaba's Mansion in Echoes today, I believe. I now have the context necessary to say yeah, screw it. I don't know how you people manage on Classic.

I accidentally got a 'perfect' run. It was accidental as I didn't have a bonus character, so I ended up with a worse score than if I had lost a team -.-

But, I am now going to try Alm with reposition and see if I can get my first ever actual perfect score, since Reinhardt and Xander, with Azura's help, do pretty much all the work anyway. All my last person does (Nino until I decided to change to Summer!Gaius) is move my units around and get the occasional pity kill thrown their way. I'm going to try and get some SP on Alm while going through the maps and give him a healer build, before deciding if I want to change reposition for one of the health swap moves.

...Has anyone else had units that ended a failed run at full health start with less health on the rematch? I had a run where I did no damage to Celica's team before dying (all I had was a low health Klein and their prime target was an Ike).

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Has anyone else had units that ended a failed run at full health start with less health on the rematch? I had a run where I did no damage to Celica's team before dying (all I had was a low health Klein and their prime target was an Ike).

They still take the rematch penalty I believe.

At least the last map isn't as brutal this time. If I get lucky, Robin can mop up most of them.

21 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I did Nuibaba's Mansion in Echoes today, I believe. I now have the context necessary to say yeah, screw it. I don't know how you people manage on Classic.

Sniping evryone to death with bow knight from outside before warping people into the mansion while staying outside of Nuibaba's range. Let's not talk about my turn count or the actual time I spend on that chapter though. Screw that chapter (and some other ones).

Ahem, back on topic. I'm not doing to well this time around, mostly because I tried new stuff and I was playing pretty bad. Still, not having a 40% bonus unit makes this go even slower, and I haven't managed a perfect run with Sharena on the team either. 500ish points per clear is even more of a hell then the 700 I got last time. Hopefully I can make it 600 if I play better...

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Yeah, pretty sure enemies take some damage after you fail, like before.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

If you go just a little bit beyond the 99k points, you usually rank fairly well. I got the 8k reward last time, and I only had about 105k points or so by the end (I think. Something like that. Once I hit 99k, I just used the mode for a fun little romp with units that could do with more sp).

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Decided to try a different team with my new fury/desperation Nino to get her SP.

What the fuck is this broken shit? How does one unit literally ORKO every enemy on the map?!

In other news, water is wet.

I'm gonna try Lukas / Briceload / Olivia / Sakura and see how it goes. No Nino/10 is sadfais though

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm gonna try Lukas / Briceload / Olivia / Sakura and see how it goes. No Nino/10 is sadfais though

in other words you never know blade before your enemies bleed

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

i ursula btw

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Yeah. Now I'm just wondering why I delayed her promotion for so longĀ 

Bladetomes are just too good.

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Yeah. Now I'm just wondering why I delayed her promotion for so longĀ 

Bladetomes are just too good.

Welp.

I haven't started yet, but I ran some calcs in search of my dedicated Celica slayer until I can promote a Reinhardt, and things are looking pretty bleak.

+Atk Bride Cordelia with the Atk seal and a Hone Atk buff (55 Atk) and Draconic Aura up does 38+22 to Lunatic Celica, or 60 damage. Celica has 63 HP.

R Tomebreaker isn't even an option since TT Celica has 58 Atk with Ragnarok when the best I can do is 55 magic bulk with a Fortify Res buff (36 HP + 19 Res).

What do