Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

18 hours ago, Othin said:

Alfonse and Tobin as free units at 20%, then the other six are most of the Echoes units. Alm's 4*s are 20% while his 5*s are 40%, and Celica's 4*s are 40% while her 5*s aren't available.

You misunderstand. I meant that because half the bonus units were free (the 20% ones), I assumed half the bonus units would be free for this one. Instead, only a fourth are. I didn't consider the Alm/Celica division, though it's weird that Alm's 5*s are bonus but Celica's aren't.

Edited by Pete-of-the-Forge

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Looks like he has the same artist as Priscilla.  And unlike Masked Marth he comes with weapons and skills.    

EDIT:  now people are saying he doesn't have any new weapons or skills, so idk.

Looks like I was wrong on that front.

19 hours ago, Othin said:

Alfonse and Tobin as free units at 20%, then the other six are most of the Echoes units. Alm's 4*s are 20% while his 5*s are 40%, and Celica's 4*s are 40% while her 5*s aren't available.

You misunderstand. I meant that because half the bonus units were free (the 20% ones), I assumed half the bonus units would be free for this one. Instead, only a fourth are. I didn't consider the Alm/Celica division, though it's weird that Alm's 5*s are bonus but Celica's aren't.

EDIT: Can someone delete the above post? I made a slip-up and can't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of it.

Edited by Pete-of-the-Forge

7 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

Tobin's art looks good, but why his "attacking aura" is green if he is a red unit? Just to look good?

Caeda, Chrom, Corrin, Eldigan, Ike, Lloyd, Lucina, Lyn, Masked Marth, Olivia, Ryoma, Tiki, Zephiel all have blue effects.

Henry, Luke, Marth, and Stahl have green effects.

Fir, Katarina, Laslow, Leo, Navarre, Raigh, Sophia, Tharja, and Xander have purple effects.

Eirika has rainbow effects.

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Help me out here. What skills will this apply to? Just Watersweep and Windsweep? That's...oddly specific.

Everything that involves a comparison of Spd stats, including regular follow-up attacks.

Edited by Ice Dragon

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Everything that involves a comparison of Spd stats, including regular follow-up attacks.

Genuine question here: what's the difference between this and a theoretical Spd +5?

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Genuine question here: what's the difference between this and a theoretical Spd +5?

Oh wait... It's only when skills compare Spd. Relying on my memory is not reliable at all.

In that case, it currently only applies to Windsweep and Watersweep and not determining if you perform a follow-up attack. Other notable differences (in case we get similar skills for other stats) are that it wouldn't apply to things like special skill damage.

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, unless @LuxSpes mistranslated it. It explicitly say "when any skill compare speed. So regular follow up check shouldn't trigger it as it's not tied to any skill.

Well if you know better I don't mind, but that's what was mentioned earlier in thread.

Edit: never mind...

Edited by Tenzen12

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh wait... It's only when skills compare Spd. Relying on my memory is not reliable at all.

In that case, it currently only applies to Windsweep and Watersweep and not determining if you perform a follow-up attack. Other notable differences (in case we get similar skills for other stats) are that it wouldn't apply to things like special skill damage.

Ah. A good way to neutralise opponents, then.

A Reinhardt aiming to neutralise green mages with Watersweep would attain 28 speed using this skill. Boey and slower lose their counter, with Cecilia and Spring Camilla tying Reinhardt with speed boon. A Reinhardt with a speed bane would have no luck. A Reinhardt with a speed boon gets 31 speed- enough to eliminate everyone except Nino and Merric and Soren (latter two without Speed bane) no questions asked. Unless speed increasing skills are added.

There are probably other, scarier builds one can make, but this is the big one that would occur to everyone. I'm... thinking they should watch the other ones.

Edited by phineas81707

56 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

A Reinhardt aiming to neutralise green mages with Watersweep would attain 28 speed using this skill. Boey and slower lose their counter, with Cecilia and Spring Camilla tying Reinhardt with speed boon. A Reinhardt with a speed bane would have no luck. A Reinhardt with a speed boon gets 31 speed- enough to eliminate everyone except Nino and Merric and Soren (latter two without Speed bane) no questions asked. Unless speed increasing skills are added.

There are probably other, scarier builds one can make, but this is the big one that would occur to everyone. I'm... thinking they should watch the other ones.

All new game content is an exercise in "Yeah, but can we make Reinhardt even better?" by the devs.

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

All new game content is an exercise in "Yeah, but can we make Reinhardt even better?" by the devs.

Eventually, we'll finally get a seize map with a pimped out Reinhardt and some arbitrary Warp technique- the goal being, of course, to perfectly emulate his Thracia battle.

4 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Where are you getting these numbers? +SPD Rein with LAD3, Dire Thunder, Hone Cav and Phantom Speed has 26+5-5+6+5=37.

Goodness, what a most splendid event to once again waste hours of my precious time!

My, am I being far too sarcastic? My apologies, I intended not to do such a thing. But regardless, I must confess—I am most certainly obsessively compelled to recruit Tobin despite possessing no true connection to the character.

There is now a banner with the rest of the bonus heroes: Clair and Lukas, as well as everybody’s favourite sheep daughter, accompanying Alm and Celica’s bound hero battle.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There is now a banner with the rest of the bonus heroes: Clair and Lukas, as well as everybody’s favourite sheep daughter, accompanying Alm and Celica’s bond hero battle.

The goddess of the skies, the world's greatest novelist, and... the most competent member of the Deliverance. (Not counting Mathilda, with whom Lukas doesn't even compare).

20 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Eventually, we'll finally get a seize map with a pimped out Reinhardt and some arbitrary Warp technique- the goal being, of course, to perfectly emulate his Thracia battle.

Unless i misundertand you, his Thracia battle is pretty ez lol 

Especially in casual FE5 where you can like.... Mag UP cheese him

25 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Huh, @SatsumaFSoysoy was right, the boss of this TT isn't Veronica, it's Celica. That's why she isn't on the banner.

Nooooooooooooo!

Now I have to build a Celica killer... Wonder if Linde could work...

I have Sanaki so perfectly built, just waiting to destroy more Veronicas v.v

Well, I was already mad at IS for how poorly they handled Celica in SoV Act 5, but this "make her Tempest Boss so she doesn't need to appear on banner" is such a dick move that even I failed to foresee. Guess they really do not want my orbs then. So be it.

Edited by Ninferno

3 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Nooooooooooooo!

Now I have to build a Celica killer... Wonder if Linde could work...

I have Sanaki so perfectly built, just waiting to destroy more Veronicas v.v

Huh... Assuming that's her Lunatic stats, you'd need to do 60x2 magical KO Celica on counter. Because of Distant Defense 3, she technically has 33 defense and 34 resistance against ranged units. So, attacking her means you'd have to do 66 magical. A neutral Linde can do 58 damage without any attack buffs, but she takes 20 damage from Celica at full HP which drops Linde down to 15 HP. If you had R Tomebreaker and at least an attack seal, Linde could counter kill Celica at full HP.

I just checked KageroChart and a Celica with the screenshotted stats has 122 wins, 0 losses, and 24 draws at full HP. Keep in mind these are 5* units she's attacking. Unless they have high resistance, R Tomebreaker, and/or a gem weapon or T-Adept. Don't try to bait her. That's easier said than done.

Speaking of R Tomebreaker, a 5* neutral Odin with Fury 3 and +3 attack, +4 speed, and at least +2 to defense or resistance can counter kill Celica. Alternatively, 5* Odin with just T-Adept 3 and +4 to attack can counter kill Celica. That's a tall order, so, a 4* Odin with T-Adept 3 with +3 attack, +4 speed, and +4 defense or resistance can also counter kill Celica. T-Adept 2 would need at least another +2 from the other stat he didn't get buffed with or +4 to attack and 2 other stats. And 3* Odin would need T-Adept 3, +3/+4/+4, and at least another +1 attack or with T-Adept 2, +4/+4/+4 and an Attack +1 seal or +2 to his other unbuffed stat -- Spur Attack 1 can work. Is it time for Odin Dark's glorious entrance? :P

Edited by Kaden

Why, oh why, oh why did I destroy all my Odins for Moonbow. Whhhhhhhy?!

Maybe I have one little Odin left over. Man, I hope so. Why is Moonbow only on units with useful skills v.v

I was able to bait Veronica with a G.Tomebreaker Sanaki. It was good. I liked it :(