Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

It's not uncommon for people to forget about their 1/2* freebies, so I gave it a shot.

If you don't care for Boey anyway and have a Nino coming along then go ahead. Just think if you'd want Earth Boost off of him for something first since he's still the only source for that skill.

I'll keep him around for now since TT hasn't begun yet, just to see how he fares in squad assault. 

Don't see myself having any need for earth boost though, it's rather subpar as far as A slot skills go.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only did this blow the theory that we'll get existing characters as a reward, it also blew my theory that half the bonus units (the 20% ones specifically) will be free ones. I honestly can't decipher how they even determine them. It's not even like they decided to go with 5*-locked for 40%, 4* for 20%.

Anyway... any guesses on who did Tobin's art? He looks a bit like he's drawn by the same person that did Ike and Cain. So... Meka?

6 minutes ago, Pete-of-the-Forge said:

Not only did this blow the theory that we'll get existing characters as a reward, it also blew my theory that half the bonus units (the 20% ones specifically) will be free ones. I honestly can't decipher how they even determine them. It's not even like they decided to go with 5*-locked for 40%, 4* for 20%.

Anyway... any guesses on who did Tobin's art? He looks a bit like he's drawn by the same person that did Ike and Cain. So... Meka?

Alfonse and Tobin as free units at 20%, then the other six are most of the Echoes units. Alm's 4*s are 20% while his 5*s are 40%, and Celica's 4*s are 40% while her 5*s aren't available.

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

Alfonse and Tobin as free units at 20%, then the other six are most of the Echoes units. Alm's 4*s are 20% while his 5*s are 40%, and Celica's 4*s are 40% while her 5*s aren't available.

Isn't it Sharena who is the free 20% hero?  If not then I really am in trouble here.

2 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Isn't it Sharena who is the free 20% hero?  If not then I really am in trouble here.

Yes, you're right, it's Sharena. Alfonse was last time.

2 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

It’s Sharena. Alfonse was a bonus hero in the previous tempest.

8 hours ago, Korath88 said:

For this round of tempest trials, I kinda want to build a Falchion healer set for my Alm, but my only source of renewal is my 5* Boey, since Fae refuses to show up. 

Granted, Boey hasn't been very useful at all, and I'm promoting Nino soon which invalidates his role as my only green mage, but I'm still conflicted as to whether I want to sacrifice a 5*.

Should I do it?

My main source of Renewal is Lissa, followed by Jakob.

IMO you're better off running a staffbot with Renewal.  Boey's pretty amusing, but he needs heavy SI.

16 hours ago, Clogon said:

I used a -Speed Tharja last TT too but there are big differences between her and Mae. The later is going to be used against the fastest colour in the game (Red) so 37 speed when buffed is nothing when almost every sword user has over 30 (neutral speed) + 2~4 (from lunatic boost). I could give her Sword breaker to ensure the kill on swordies but she will then be a one trick pony instead of Lancer Breaker to help deal with Blues too. Either way, I lose Desperation (she is slow enough to not miss it).

Axes users are slow. The fast ones have Brave Axe so only Minerva has high speed but LAD reduces her RES to the point of OHKO with the -Blade Tome. I could replace Mae's weapon for a -Blade tome but that will reduce her SPD even more.

Thank you for bringing up this comparison vs Tharja! It gives me a lot more options.

1) sac Fred+Gaius for Nino buff bot

2) sac Florina+Sully/Author

I will most likely sac an Odin for -Blade tome and Moonbow. Cause the higher damage to kill faster over shadows the extra stats.

The good thing about her is that she can deal with Ike and Ryoma a lot easier than Tharja. My team for this TT will probably be Olivia, Mae, Green, and Healer. My Green unit will most likely be Cherche or Camilla since a flying reposition unit is OP. :)

that's true, i was kinda thinking about that. Sword Breaker sounds like a great idea, and i recall Tharja being able to double some things that weren't just axes so i don't think Mae will be too much of a one trick pony (hopefully). yeah Blarowl's base damage is pretty mediocre and having to have 2 adjacent units to make up for it's discrepancy vs Blade Tome...mm, eh. Blade tome on her + the Olivia Hone Atk will be pretty great i'm sure, and +Atk boon for Mae is nothing to sneeze at. glad my input could be a bit useful, whatever you end up doing i hope it works out!

Tobin's art:

Taken from here: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6lapl3/feh_datamine_v15_july_4_2017/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=new&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=FireEmblemHeroes

Looks like he has the same artist as Priscilla.  And unlike Masked Marth he comes with weapons and skills.    

EDIT:  now people are saying he doesn't have any new weapons or skills, so idk.
Edited by pumpkinspice48

Ooh, I speculated about Blessed Sword! Using the Spring weapon effect is fitting and sets a neat precedent.

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, r_n said:

When Berkut inevitably gets  GHB I hope they reuse this map.

When I saw that map I got excited and thought it meant Berkut GHB.  Then I realized it was just for the tempest trials, like how Validar's map was on the first one.

14 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Do we know the seals? Now that I've heard it suggested elsewhere, I want a Triangle Adept seal.

They're in the Reddit datamine thread.

20 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Do we know the seals? Now that I've heard it suggested elsewhere, I want a Triangle Adept seal.

Gonna spoiler it just in case:

Spoiler

Seems like one seal is HP+3 with a different name (Squad Ace A 1?), which is 'heh', but the other one is scary.

Phantom Speed 1 : When any skill compares this unit's Spd stat to another unit's, this unit's Spd stat is counted as +5 over actual value.

This later one is scary because it makes Sweep skills usable with slow units. I do NOT want to have to face Watersweep Reinhardt. Dealing with him is already hard enough, if we can't even bait and kill him on the counter, he's gonna become even more of a pain to deal with.

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Hide contents

Seems like one seal is HP+3 with a different name (Squad Ace A 1?), which is 'heh', but the other one is scary.

Phantom Speed 1 : When any skill compares this unit's Spd stat to another unit's, this unit's Spd stat is counted as +5 over actual value.

This later one is scary because it makes Sweep skills usable with slow units. I do NOT want to have to face Watersweep Reinhardt. Dealing with him is already hard enough, if we can't even bait and kill him on the counter, he's gonna become even more of a pain to deal with.

Spoiler

Squad Ace A does not sound like it comes from Tempest. The first one had two.

I don't see the problem here. +Spd Phantom Reinhardt has 31 Speed. -Spd Nino has 33.

Just now, phineas81707 said:
  Hide contents

Squad Ace A does not sound like it comes from Tempest. The first one had two.

I don't see the problem here. +Spd Phantom Reinhardt has 31 Speed. -Spd Nino has 33.

Spoiler

I just re-read the text and I realized I misunderstood the stats. I thought it would make it so the unit is considered to be 5 Spd above the opposing unit when it comes to skill that takes Spd in consideration, but it actually just increase their spd by 5 when it comes to calculating the spd difference. So that means that a 30 Spd Alm will be able to use Windsweep 3 against foes with 34 Spd or lower, NOT that 18 Spd Reinhardt will be able to use Watersweep against my 36 Spd Nino. Thank Naga

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Hide contents

I just re-read the text and I realized I misunderstood the stats. I thought it would make it so the unit is considered to be 5 Spd above the opposing unit when it comes to skill that takes Spd in consideration, but it actually just increase their spd by 5 when it comes to calculating the spd difference. So that means that a 30 Spd Alm will be able to use Windsweep 3 against foes with 34 Spd or lower, NOT that 18 Spd Reinhardt will be able to use Watersweep against my 36 Spd Nino. Thank Naga

Spoiler

42 Speed (+Spd/Fury). And I've got Lilina and Ryoma handing out +4 Spd auras if need be.

On 7/3/2017 at 3:43 AM, Korath88 said:

@Ice Dragon

+Spd Alm with fury and Speed +1 seal reaches 37 speed which is barely enough to double Veronica. Alternatively, Hone speed can make up for not having +Speed IVs

Problem number two: I don't own any +Spd Alms, and I don't want to have to rely on buffs considering I couldn't rely on my units staying together at all in the previous Tempest Trials.

As for Darting Blow, I would rather not spend Skill Inheritance specifically on something as specific as this if at all possible.

Tobin's art looks good, but why his "attacking aura" is green if he is a red unit? Just to look good?

Ok, I just read the in-game message about the trial, and the aprt that defeated enemies aren't comiing back after you changes teams sounds very good... Maybe this could make stuffs a bit less tedious for me.

Well, gonna start lving up Sharena a bit more, and Lukas, so I could at least have that 20% bonus

Datamining stuff:

Spoiler

This new map was found.

FEnp2kl.png

So this is clearly Duma's Tower, but it's the Berkut fight. This is very possibly the final map of this month's Tempest Trials. I wonder if the fire will do anything like its healing every turn in Echoes.

4 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well, looks like my Alm will be getting a cool new skill by the time this is over.

6 hours ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Tobin's art:

Taken from here: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6lapl3/feh_datamine_v15_july_4_2017/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=new&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=FireEmblemHeroes

Looks like he has the same artist as Priscilla.  And unlike Masked Marth he comes with weapons and skills.    

EDIT:  now people are saying he doesn't have any new weapons or skills, so idk.

Ah, so kaya8 finally did a male character. Looks good.

5 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

Hide contents

Help me out here. What skills will this apply to? Just Watersweep and Windsweep? That's...oddly specific.