Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Just now, Anacybele said:

If I pulled someone with a Brave Axe+ to give him. :P I'm sad I can't give him his birthday present just yet! (his birthday was two days ago now) And the longer it takes, the less of a birthday present it becomes...

Then all the more reason to hop on a team should yours lose!  The more feathers, the better!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Corrin.

7 reached enough people to help Lyn win the CYL poll, so that’s that.

Again, I'm not convinced that was why. If it was strictly based on first game nostalgia, she should have lost due to sheer numbers.

Just now, eclipse said:

Then all the more reason to hop on a team should yours lose!  The more feathers, the better!

Yeah, I suppose that's true. Maybe after I upgrade Abel, I'll use my next 22,000 feathers to 5 star my Barst and sacrifice him.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Again, I'm not convinced that was why. If it was strictly based on first game nostalgia, she should have lost due to sheer numbers.

You’re clearly biased in favour of Lucina (and that’s perfectly fine). There was a reason for the outcome, and all we can do is admit it and not argue who should have and should not have won the poll.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Lyn has had more visibility outside of Fire Emblem than any other female Fire Emblem character due to having appeared in SSB: Brawl. She also isn't a clone of Marth (by virtue of not being playable) like Roy and Lucina were (but Roy has a flaming sword which is really cool and therefore is cooler than Marth or Lucina and gets more popularity points).

My what a difficult choice. :S
I have all of the heroes except Hector and Roy as a 5*, I supported Lucina in the first final after Leo lost, and I've supported Camilla after Cherche fell.
Tharja and Chrom are the only VG veterans that I've yet to support and since I began to play Blazing Sword on Wii U's VC, Lyn grew a bit on me.
Hector did grow on me too but he's yet to show his face in FEH

Very well, I'll settle this with a dice roll then. Since 8-2=6. Equal 16,6% chance of supporting anyone besides Roy and Hector.

*Rolls dice*

And..."Time to play!" - Camilla it is.
Fellow Nohrians you may add me at the following number:

Name's Ilia with Summer!Corrin as current lead.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You’re clearly biased in favour of Lucina (and that’s perfectly fine). There was a reason for the outcome, and all we can do is admit it and not argue who should have and should not have won the poll.

Again, I want to know the reason for the outcome. On the reasoning you presented, Chrom should have won. It just frustrates me because the poll and gauntlets are so unreliable and yet they may be used going forward plus, I hate second place. I didn't even expect too much going into the poll, but then they released the midterm resultes (terrible idea, really) and I went full force for the only one of my favorites who had a chance. To be so close yet so far is terrible, especially when people (not everyone, and maybe not even a majority, but they are incessantly grating nonetheless) keep insisting that your favorite game and characters are inferior and use this flawed poll as evidence to back that up. So, yes, I have become a little embittered at all of this. I kind of miss the days when I could just like who I liked without the grief.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lyn has had more visibility outside of Fire Emblem than any other female Fire Emblem character due to having appeared in SSB: Brawl. She also isn't a clone of Marth (by virtue of not being playable) like Roy and Lucina were (but Roy has a flaming sword which is really cool and therefore is cooler than Marth or Lucina and gets more popularity points).

Yes, but Lucina has more inside of Fire Emblem. Though I'm sure Lyn got plenty of votes from people who just recognized her as a character from Smash much like Ike. I doubt it's a coincidence that all four are in Smash in some way form or fashion. Though one would think being an assist would hinder that.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Again, I want to know the reason for the outcome. On the reasoning you presented, Chrom should have won. It just frustrates me because the poll and gauntlets are so unreliable and yet they may be used going forward plus, I hate second place. I didn't even expect too much going into the poll, but then they released the midterm resultes (terrible idea, really) and I went full force for the only one of my favorites who had a chance. To be so close yet so far is terrible, especially when people (not everyone, and maybe not even a majority, but they are incessantly grating nonetheless) keep insisting that your favorite game and characters are inferior and use this flawed poll as evidence to back that up. So, yes, I have become a little embittered at all of this. I kind of miss the days when I could just like who I liked without the grief.

You seem more than a little embittered. No one doubts that Lucina is a hyper popular character, but Lyn is special to those who started with FE7.

You sounds pissed off that a girl who probably wins 9/10 popularity contests actually lost that 1/10. Let Lyn have her day,even if it's just for an insignificant poll on the internet. 

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t even get why you are so salty and bitter anyway. Lucina got both into top 10 (and got a calendar) and into top 2 (and got a special version of hers).

Some people are just salty and bitter without any reason to be, because they're petty, and it doesn't matter what they like or support or anything. Bitterness is just part of their personality. This isn't anything new.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t even get why you are so salty and bitter anyway. Lucina got both into top 10 (and got a calendar) and into top 2 (and got a special version of hers).

Yeah. Some people's favorites didn't even make top 20.

I'm glad Ike won the male side, but honestly he and Ephraim are the only characters I like that made top 20. ...Okay, I like Azura and Cordelia too, but they're not top favorites. Ike and Ephraim are the only big favorites of mine that did well. I'm just grateful for that.

9 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yes, but Lucina has more inside of Fire Emblem. Though I'm sure Lyn got plenty of votes from people who just recognized her as a character from Smash much like Ike. I doubt it's a coincidence that all four are in Smash in some way form or fashion. Though one would think being an assist would hinder that.

You'd be surprised how many people started with FE7.  Like me.

Not that I dislike Lyn, but she's -Spd.  Lucina, on the other hand, has shown up twice.  I'm going by Heroes performance here.

EDIT:

Just now, Anacybele said:

I'm glad Ike won the male side, but honestly he and Ephraim are the only characters I like that made top 20. ...Okay, I like Azura and Cordelia too, but they're not top favorites. Ike and Ephraim are the only big favorites of mine that did well. I'm just grateful for that.

I counted myself lucky when ONE of my favorites was in the top 100.  And cheered when my lowest-place favorite wasn't in absolute last place. So yeah. . .

Edited by eclipse

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

EDIT:

I counted myself lucky when ONE of my favorites was in the top 100.  And cheered when my lowest-place favorite wasn't in absolute last place. So yeah. . .

Oh wow. Man, that's a real bummer. :/

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm not quite that bad (Ishtar and Elena were probably my least popular picks) but the fact I can't remember where Florina and Tana landed probably means I don't want to remember.

(Clair having not been around at the time, so she's probably lower than Elena).

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

You seem more than a little embittered. No one doubts that Lucina is a hyper popular character, but Lyn is special to those who started with FE7.

You sounds pissed off that a girl who probably wins 9/10 popularity contests actually lost that 1/10. Let Lyn have her day,even if it's just for an insignificant poll on the internet. 

I am seriously curious as to how Lyn won, and not just because of salt. I really want to know, but I can't figure it out. And really the other fans make it much worse as well. Like when people assume my argument is solely based on preference instead of trying to follow a logical course of thought. That, and given how IS is about polls, one loss it really all it may take to change things. No poll is insignificant to them. And I hate an unexplained loss. I can explain away Ike and Roy, but not Lyn. Lyn is a mystery and I want to know.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Some people are just salty and bitter without any reason to be, because they're petty, and it doesn't matter what they like or support or anything. Bitterness is just part of their personality. This isn't anything new.

Also, you don't know me. Don't assume I'm just a bitter person. I honestly didn't care much before this poll was a thing. If anything, I'm defensive. That's why I mention Lucina more, because she comes up more than my other favorites. 

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Because second place is worse than lost in the masses for me. Besides, I'm just generally embittered by how much flak Awakening in general gets (not just Lucina if you can believe that).

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

That, and given how IS is about polls, one loss it really all it may take to change things. No poll is insignificant to them.

I mean, you still get your special character, so second place works out pretty well for you all the same.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It just frustrates me because the poll and gauntlets are so unreliable and yet they may be used going forward plus, I hate second place.

Fwiw, as far as CYL is concerned with popularity and future plans, from Nintendo/IS's perspective CYL probably is a reliable measure. On their end that is.
What I mean with "reliable measure on their end" is that one of the most cited reasons for CYL being "unreliable" to us (the public) is that we can't discern how many characters got duplicate votes vs. how many unique voters voted for a single character.

However, that's what we get to see on our end as the public. I imagine that on Nintendo's end it looks quite different since they have the raw data to cross-reference exactly who voted more than once for each character.

Not only that, they also have data to analyze the demographics of voters as well - at least as far as those who linked their MyNintendo account/NNID are concerned.

Things they could see (and the minute you linked your account to the poll you agreed to sharing that data) were things like the personal information kept in your MyNintendo account - your purchase history, age, location etc. If you linked your NNID they can also follow up on your game activity in FEH, and see which consoles you own, what games you play on them, if they're physical copies vs e-shop downloads, if you have bought DLC, etc.

That's one hell of a marketing tool to use - and they'd honestly be utter fools not to use it.
Provided they can discern the unique vs duplicate votes that is. And I honestly don't see any technical reason as to why they couldn't.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

My top pick for CYL was #161 - I was honestly just happy he managed to score high enough to be above 50% of the total 791 characters.

7 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I mean, you still get your special character, so second place works out pretty well for you all the same.

Yes, but I hate second best. I'm not even upset about Chrom (third favorite in the series; best of luck in the gauntlet) being fourth even if I think he should be higher and I'm honestly glad at how well Male Robin did (second favorite), but second is just high enough to have it constantly rubbed in your face. 

With all that said, I just want Lucina to make it out of the first round. Beating Lyn is enough at this point, let Ike take it all if he must. Just to prove that it is not set in stone. That way, it shows the variable nature of it all. Lyn won the poll, but Lucina won the gauntlet meaning they are roughly on par.

Edited by Arthur97

1 minute ago, Tactician_Iris said:

My top pick for CYL was #161 - I was honestly just happy he managed to score high enough to be above 50% of the total 791 characters.

Again, wow... Bummer. :(

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm not quite that bad (Ishtar and Elena were probably my least popular picks) but the fact I can't remember where Florina and Tana landed probably means I don't want to remember.

(Clair having not been around at the time, so she's probably lower than Elena).

Florina and Tana both placed within the top 100 actually (71st and 98th respectively). Clair, however, was a very distant 603rd thanks to her only exposure being Gaiden and an Awakening SpotPass cameo.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Because second place is worse than lost in the masses for me. Besides, I'm just generally embittered by how much flak Awakening in general gets (not just Lucina if you can believe that).

Yeah, it's as they say. Second place is just the first loser.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Florina and Tana both placed within the top 100 actually (71st and 98th respectively). Clair, however, was a very distant 603rd thanks to her only exposure being Gaiden and an Awakening SpotPass cameo.

I seemed to recall everyone I voted for apart from Ishtar and Elena being top 100, but wasn't quite sure if that was the case.

Ouch. I mean, this was before I would've voted for her, but still... then again, this is the same poll that rates Boey higher than Mae and Silque higher than Genny.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Dude, Awakening and Lucina are still super popular. They don't get THAT much flack. Besides, be glad your favorite game actually did well and stuff. I'm a Tellius fan and I have to deal with the flack it gets for selling poorly despite that its sales do not at all reflect the overall reception it got.