Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Looks like I have to actually change my lead since I'll be joining Team Lyn!

Any requests?

Reveal hidden contents

Built non-red units:

+Atk/-Spd +1 Reinhardt (Repo, QP+Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Spur Atk 3)

+2 Bride Cordelia (Brave Bow+, Atk +3)

Camus (Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Vantage 3)

+Atk/-Def Cecilia (Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Draconic Aura)

Cordelia (Repo, Hit and Run, Threaten Spd 3)

+Atk/-Def Hector (Swap, Bonfire, Vantage 3, Spur Atk 3)

Sharena (Escutcheon, Armored Blow 3, Swordbreaker 3)

Anna (Reciprocal Aid, Moonbow, Darting Blow 3)

+Def/-Spd Tana (Swap, Quick Riposte 2)

+Atk/-HP Amelia (Swap, Ignis, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 1, Spur Defense 3)

@Ice Dragon Is your friends list full by any chance? I'd like to add you if possible.

Robert with Lyn as your representative? I've added you. I'm エクラ with Ninian.

3 minutes ago, MiracleMuffin said:

I don't know, I think Lucina will have a hard time against Lyn. I predict the match between them will be very close, with Lyn winning by a slight margin.

Besides, I like Ike. He's a great character and I supported Lucina in the first gauntlet. Might as well spice up things a bit.

It will be close, but we just have to hope Hector can drain enough support from her and that the fact that being more die hard isn't as big of a factor here since Lucina has more casual fans.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh I know, I know too well. The only time I actually had a bonus unit was Sharena back in March.
Now it also will be Lyn, because the was my first five-star. Too bad she’s −Atk, and I foolishly merged another Lyn into her without checking her asset and flaw…

You sure you’re not overreacting? I do remember some bad blood against Tharja and Camilla, but I don’t think Lucina was reviled.
(I’m fine with anyone supporting anyone, because come on)

Not to the same extent, but it can be hard being a 3DS/Chrom/Lucina/Robin fan here. And some people just love pointing out how that Ike and Lyn won (or at least they did). Never mind this thing has three Awakening characters in it. It gets grating, especially when I still can't figure out why Lyn is so popular. She was in Smash as a minor role, was the first western lord (but was really there for a tutorial and that game wasn't even that widely played), and she's hot...that's about it.

Edited by Arthur97

I think I'm going Lyn. I am tempted to go Ike, but I think we'll go Lyn. Same thing with which hero I'm taking for free. Its such a tough choice, but Lyn having a horse just pushes her over the edge I think.

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Got you. Any requests for lead?

Since I'll assume most people on team Lyn are going to be fielding Lyn, anything that either covers Lyn's weaknesses (a green unit) or buffs her (Delthea or any infantry-compatible buff). Or anyone that shits on half of the game, like Bride Cordelia or Reinhardt.

Assuming the Voting Gauntlet will be normal Lyn and not CYL Lyn.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Vaximillian said:

@Arthur97: I get that you’re to Lyn as @Harvey is to Binding Blade. No need to wave that banner at every corner, okay? “Hadcore” fans this, “casual” fans that…

Huh? I don't dislike Lyn. I even kind of liked her before all this went on, but my opinions have been somewhat sullied. And the fanbase is undeniably split. This forum for example, is mostly more hardcore fans since it takes a bit more effort to actually get on a forum, and look at how disproportional the support is, yet it doesn't reflect the fanbase as a whole. And some people harp on the new games a bit too much.

As for Lyn in particular, I am genuinely confused. Roy had Smash. Ike had Smash and memes. Lucina had Smash and popularity in a popular game. What does Lyn have?

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Since I'll assume most people on team Lyn are going to be fielding Lyn, anything that either covers Lyn's weaknesses (a green unit) or buffs her (Delthea or any infantry-compatible buff). Or anyone that shits on half of the game, like Bride Cordelia or Reinhardt.

Assuming the Voting Gauntlet will be normal Lyn and not CYL Lyn.

Hmm... I'll play it safe and put Tiny Magic Hands up as my lead.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

As for Lyn in particular, I am genuinely confused. Roy had Smash. Ike had Smash and memes. Lucina had Smash and popularity in a popular game. What does Lyn have?

Lyn also had Smash (albeit, only as an Assist Trophy).

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

Hmm... I'll play it safe and put Tiny Magic Hands up as my lead.

Lyn also had Smash (albeit, only as an Assist Trophy).

Well, yeah, but it shouldn't get this kind of a following. I just don't get it. Surely there weren't that many people foaming at the mouth to keep a 3DS character from winning.

If I go to Team Lyn, I'll keep Florina as my lead for the ship. She has Lancebreaker, so she'll still counter some of Lyn's weaknesses.

Team Ike, either Nino or Fae. I hear Fae was popular last time.

Team Hector, some blue unit... probably Florina, too, partially for lore, but partially because a flying blue is probably a good pair for an armour green.

Since I missed Tana, and she didn't want the Brave Lance anyway... do I give Abel's Brave Lance+ to her?

So, here's a story:

Way back when the first-ever voting gauntlet was out, I said I'd represent whoever showed up - one unit did.

Later on, said unit reappeared, with a vastly superior boon/bane combo.

While I own all of them, Lucina's the one that showed up when I needed her the most, so I'll be supporting her.  'sides, the only other viable options would be Camilla, Roy and Ike - everyone else showed up with bad boon/bane combos.

Now, if Jakob is ever in a gauntlet. . .tee-hee~!

Edited by eclipse
I'm sorry Roy!

Hm…I guess there can only be one choice...

I fight for OUR BOI!!!!!

Cuz, you know, that was totally unexpected...

I'll of course be offering places on my Friend List for those who wish to join me. The phone numberCode is 4512744310, name is Arilon with Our Boi™(who else?) as current lead. I can, however, be flexible for the duration of the Gauntlet and change to one of my other Units, though I'll need anyone who wants me to swap out to tell me what kind of Lead they want from me and also inspect said Our Boi™ to see if it isn't a better option that whatever you thought of.

21 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Huh? I don't dislike Lyn. I even kind of liked her before all this went on, but my opinions have been somewhat sullied. And the fanbase is undeniably split. This forum for example, is mostly more hardcore fans since it takes a bit more effort to actually get on a forum, and look at how disproportional the support is, yet it doesn't reflect the fanbase as a whole. And some people harp on the new games a bit too much.

Technically, Smash. Also, as far as we can tell, she doesn't normally wear pants, and that can be a draw for some people. Then there's her regular and Sol Katti Crit animations, said blade's interesting design, the fact that she's a good card in Cipher, the fact that she was originally going to be able to use Durandal in Blazing Sword, the fact that she's pretty much supposed to be the ultimate Myrmidon, her mysterious disappearance between Blazing Sword and Binding Blade, etc.

Don't get me wrong, she's not my fav either, but the whims of a fandom are fickle things indeed.

21 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Lyn is already winning!

The winner of the gauntlet will be a female unit. Either Lyn, Lucina or Camilla. Any female will destroy Ike.

I fail to see how she's already winning if the Gauntlet doesn't start for another four days. Our Boi™ shall not allow himself to be defeated so easily.

Edited by SoulWeaver
typoed like a noob…again

16 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Lyn was the first lord in the first Fire Emblem that made it to the West. This must count for something.

While Lyn is technically the first 5-star unit I pulled on this file (and Lucina the second), Lyn has an especially cruddy nature. Yay +HP -spd XD

Edited by Sunwoo

22 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Boobs. That canonically bounce.

Also as mentioned above, she's the first main character in the first Fire Emblem game released in the West. There's a lot of nostalgia for the old-timers there.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lyn was the first lord in the first Fire Emblem that made it to the West. This must count for something.

First FE Character I ever Met. Badass in the game IMO. Loved her sprite fighting animations. Too Young to understand anything when I played the game, but Played the game more than 8 times anyways and always made sure she was extremely strong. That alone, I feel the connection.