Banner: Sacred Memories

Armagon

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I find it ironic how many media platforms complain about it being too male centric, yet here we are in Heroes where people make a big stink about all female banner. Out of all things that would upset people...

If you're going to make an observation, at least take the time to analyze why people are mad, instead of being lazy.

Because that's also really dishonest, and one of the things that will get my attention (in a bad way).

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

ok its really hight Time to release a Dragonstone breaker skill IS. This Loli-Dragonsituation just got out of hand...

After Garon debuts as an armored dragon unit. 

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

ok its really hight Time to release a Dragonstone breaker skill IS. This Loli-Dragonsituation just got out of hand...

Shh...

Not before I make my own loli dragon team first.

EDIT: Well, loli + Adult!Tiki and Ninian dragon team.

Edited by saisymbolic

11 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I find it ironic how many media platforms complain about it being too male centric, yet here we are in Heroes where people make a big stink about all female banner. Out of all things that would upset people...

People in the media think the world is male centric b/c they think people are sexist.
People who don't like all the females in games being portrayed as sex toys do so b/c they think the people are sexist.

They're actually consistent.  

As with most people, I was initially a bit disappointed that we're getting a dupe Eirika, since it sets a precedent that IS isn't going to add at least most of the FE characters before adding permanent duplicate heroes outside of Braves.  I don't think I actually care any more, though.  If IS wants to add however many Lyns, Ikes, or Xanders they want, whatever.  I'll just enjoy the game as it comes.  It's nice that they kept the same artist for Eirika as her original version though.

For the rest of the banner, Myrrh looks adorable, and L'Arachel sounds less annoying than I'd imagined.  L'Arachel's base kit seems a bit odd though, as Growing Light doesn't really synergize with Ivaldi's effect.

10 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

L'Arachel's base kit seems a bit odd though, as Growing Light doesn't really synergize with Ivaldi's effect.

It's there for flavor. Kind of like how Klein has Glacies despite only having 24 base Res.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

There'd be more Eirikas than Tharja's (or just as many depending on how you look at it), which would be pretty weird. 

I guess this is part where people stop voting for Eirika and start moving all attention to Tiki and Morgan like any man of culture would.

If I told you I voted for Tiki because of her personality and not her "body shape" would I still be a man of culture

I'm curious as to what Eirika's normal voice quotes will say as to how she got her tome, if that will be explained.

5 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Damn I want Myrr but Eirika... I know for sure Eirika will have buffed stats and remain 5* exclusive. But I don't have Orbs or money!

There's only one thing to do. . .

I BELIEVE IN YOU!  I BELIEVE THAT YOU'LL GET EIR ON THE FREE PULL, AND SHE'LL HAVE THE PERFECT BOON/BANE!  YOU CAN DO IT!

(and good luck with Myrrh, too)

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

There's only one thing to do. . .

I BELIEVE IN YOU!  I BELIEVE THAT YOU'LL GET EIR ON THE FREE PULL, AND SHE'LL HAVE THE PERFECT BOON/BANE!  YOU CAN DO IT!

(and good luck with Myrrh, too)

Thank you thank you! I will believe too!!!

Eirika please come home. Your +10 retoration version is already here waiting.

I was expcting Myrrh (hell, I even tought how fun she would be as a flying dragon, but never imagined her becoming actually one), and L'Arachel (though as a healer, not a mage, but I'm not sad about this one), but never tought we would get another Eirika, and she being a mage is also very... interesting, to say the least (that being sad, I actually like the idea, it was just unexpected). I also expected Marisa to be the reward of the TT. I also don't mind a full-female summon, like I wouldn't mind a full-male one. However, only 3 new characters in the summon, and the lack of Neimi is what I find a bit dissapointing. There are so many cool characters in Sacred Stones (like Cormag, Duessel, Thetys, Forde), I honestly don't see the point of releasing a new version of a unit who is already in the game, while the CYL is going on. Well, at least we got more units from pre-3ds games, about what I'm still super happy. Waiting for the TT, and Lyon. (Oh, and if anyone wants Ephraim, it's probably a good idea to save up some orbs, because imo he will be one of the 20% bonus units in the TT, which means he will be in the next TT focus summon)

1 minute ago, coldhand25 said:

hell, I even tought how fun she would be as a flying dragon, but never imagined her becoming actually one

I think pretty much everyone expected her to be a flying dragon because she is literally the only dragon in the main series with a flying movement type while untransformed.

dupe Eirika... I guess they don't want Eirika to have a Chance in CYL. 

I mean I'm glad that Myrrh is finaly there. I'm not a fan of Fae and Nowi. At least I try my luck.
Let's see it this way. Those who are disappointed have the chance to gather more orbs for anniversary. It would be a shame if they bait with a wonderful banner now. 

Edited by Stroud

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I think pretty much everyone expected her to be a flying dragon because she is literally the only dragon in the main series with a flying movement type while untransformed.

Yep, but I found the idea a bit too overpowered. Like, she gets bonuses from both fliers AND dragons, she can become quite a monster. With the Iote's Shield sacred seal she can even stand against archers, so the only real threat to her is Falchion, and since she is green it might actually be a big threat. I don't know, it's still fun to see how IS experiments with new stuff, like they did with Brave Lyn (even if she became a bit more powerful than I think they tought she would be)

11 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

Yep, but I found the idea a bit too overpowered. Like, she gets bonuses from both fliers AND dragons, she can become quite a monster. With the Iote's Shield sacred seal she can even stand against archers, so the only real threat to her is Falchion, and since she is green it might actually be a big threat. I don't know, it's still fun to see how IS experiments with new stuff, like they did with Brave Lyn (even if she became a bit more powerful than I think they tought she would be)

Iote's Shield should cancel Falchion's effect.

She can't get Hone Dragons and Hone Fliers bonuses simultaneously, so it doesn't really matter that she can get both. It just means she has more diversity in her teammates.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I cannot appreciate the precedent set by Eirika here. A totally non-canon class outside a seasonal banner and a character repeat.

Although they finally introduced L'arachel, my favourite Fire Emblem character.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

According to Iote's Shield wording (thanks Michalis), it's the following:

Neutralizes "effective against fliers" bonuses

so Falchion and its ilk will still hurt.  Merric/arrows won't.

EDIT: Unless it's another mistranslation.

Edited by eclipse

While I like all three characters in the banner, it personally bummed me out. My favorite characters that aren't in Heroes may never get added. I just realized that it's a character's overall popularity that affects their inclusion in Heroes. Not much to do about it though.

Still gonna pull for Myrrh though.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The English wording for the skill specifies that it cancels "effective against flier" bonuses. So it shouldn't affect Naga and Falchion 

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

According to Iote's Shield wording (thanks Michalis), it's the following:

They must have changed that at some point, then, because I most definitely recall it being a general effect for effective-against bonuses. (All the people wanting to put Svalinn Shield on other movement types back when Skill Inheritance first came out.)

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 minutes ago, Stroud said:

dupe Eirika... I guess they don't want Eirika to have a Chance in CYL. 

Ah yes, their cunning plan of keeping Eirika from having an alternate version, by... giving her an alternate version. I dunno, I don't think there's much of a downside here for people who were planning to vote for Eirika.

3 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

While I like all three characters in the banner, it personally bummed me out. My favorite characters that aren't in Heroes may never get added. I just realized that it's a character's overall popularity that affects their inclusion in Heroes. Not much to do about it though.

Still gonna pull for Myrrh though.

Hey, I feel the same way.  But that's okay.  Maybe I'll find another favorite along the way!  Then I won't feel like it's a game full of strangers!

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

They must have changed that at some point, then, because I most definitely recall it being a general effect for effective-against bonuses. (All the people wanting to put Svalinn Shield on other movement types back when Skill Inheritance first came out.)

Can you check the Japanese wording?  The translation team has been known to do weird things in the past.

2 hours ago, Tsak said:

welp, lets be real guys?
stop voting for Eirika, we don't need another Eirika that's for dang sure

There can never be enough Eirika's.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Myrrh is voiced by Kadowaki Mai. Well fuck. Now I absolutely have to +10 her.

Fuck.

I know this feeling too well. Am broke but need +10 new Eirika.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They changed it because of complaints with SI. People thought anyone could inherit the shields since they just listed as negate effective damage. Their functions should still be the same.

Edited by Clogon