Banner: Sacred Memories

Armagon

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally don't care about how good these units are I'm just so happy to get Sacred Stones babies! I'm going to try and pull L'Arachel for sure, and hopefully Eirika too. Myrrh would be a nice bonus, but I don't need her like I do my faves.

7 minutes ago, Ether said:

Realistically, when you look at the banner theme and the upcoming Lyon GHB and all that, this banner was based around alternative Eirika. She's not the "oddball" unit as it were, she's the reason we're getting more SS content in the game at this point. Period. L'Arachel has a connection to Eirika that I don't recall Myrrh having, so if anything, Myrrh is the odd unit out in this case.

Zelgius was far more of a kick in the teeth than alternate Eirika was, at least she actually has a seperate niche instead of existing unit except just better. But since he's a generic badass dude instead of a waifu, people gave him a pass. It's not like generic badass dick sucking wasn't massively prevalent in the FE fandom for a long time before people started to shift over with the new fandom or anything...

I don't think it's quite that simple. L'arachel and Myrrh stand out as two characters people were really surprised to miss in the first FE8 banner, L'arachel for her involvement in the story and Myrrh for not only being a much-needed additional dragon but a flying one. But that left the question of who could have a thematic connection to both of them, since they overlap mainly through connections to Magvel's dark history. Marisa and other popular options didn't seem to fit, but neo-Eirika sure does.

6 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

We should petition them to change Thite back to Thea.  Thea's such a pretty name.  

Or just add Thea/Thite/Tate/whatever to the game and settle this once and for all.

Didn't Shanna say Thea's name as I spelled it in her home screen dialogue? Weird how they changed the name again. I'm betting someone goofed up typing the names in the CYL polls.

Strictly speaking, nothing about Gleipnir Eirika prevents Knoll from also having Gleipnir if and when he gets implemented.  It wouldn't even be the first time that two characters have shared the same prf weapons (multiple Falchion users, Minerva and Michalis, Reinhardt and Olwen, and that's not counting the refinement variants).

Likewise, there's no reason to expect why FE8 Selena can't get into the game, we already have precedent for different characters sharing the same name (see Altean Prince Marth vs. Enigmatic Blade Marth).  If and when we get FE8 Selena, she'll obviously have a different epithet than Cutting Wit, and she'll be internally flagged as "Not the s ame character as Cutting Wit Selena" for the purpose of Arena Assault and the like.

1 minute ago, Reiska said:

Strictly speaking, nothing about Gleipnir Eirika prevents Knoll from also having Gleipnir if and when he gets implemented.  It wouldn't even be the first time that two characters have shared the same prf weapons (multiple Falchion users, Minerva and Michalis, Reinhardt and Olwen, and that's not counting the refinement variants).

Likewise, there's no reason to expect why FE8 Selena can't get into the game, we already have precedent for different characters sharing the same name (see Altean Prince Marth vs. Enigmatic Blade Marth).  If and when we get FE8 Selena, she'll obviously have a different epithet than Cutting Wit, and she'll be internally flagged as "Not the s ame character as Cutting Wit Selena" for the purpose of Arena Assault and the like.

The problem is that it'd lead to players unfamiliar with both getting confused and wondering if there's supposed to be some connection between the two. Other heroes sharing a name are either literally the same person or, in "Marth's" case, a different person cosplaying as the one who actually has that name.

Not that I think that'd stop them, especially since as Ice Dragon said, their names aren't even the same in Japanese, but it'd be a bit weird. Selena GHB alongside a banner with like Garm!Ephraim and Cormag would be cool.

I get the impression that Marisa will NOT be the Tempest Trial reward character, and instead get the Ayra/Rhajat treatment and be placed on the upcoming TT banner.  Maybe the Japanese version is worded differently, but that's how it reads in English.

Also, I wanted to further expand on the Eirika debate:

-IS releases RD banner, 2 males to one female, Oliver GHB and NY Corrin as TT reward

-Revenue goes down 1 billion percent

-"Screw it.  We're putting all waifus on this banner.  Duessel, Gerik, and Cormag can wait.  Mage Cavalry Eirika?  With a base kit of a sacred tome, Swift Sparrow, and Desperation? Genius!"

2 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I get the impression that Marisa will NOT be the Tempest Trial reward character, and instead get the Ayra/Rhajat treatment and be placed on the upcoming TT banner.  Maybe the Japanese version is worded differently, but that's how it reads in English.

The English text is always wrong though when there's a contradiction between JP and English text.

Edited by Lushen

35 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Didn't Shanna say Thea's name as I spelled it in her home screen dialogue? Weird how they changed the name again. I'm betting someone goofed up typing the names in the CYL polls.

Yup, I was even the one who pointed it out in the FE6 name compilation threads.  

It's just the poll spells it differently, for some reason.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

Gonna roll for Myrrha just for Hone Dragons and the fact that she's voiced by Mai Kadowaki.

For all you fate fans, that's Ilya.

Well, if I didn't want her before (I still did), I definitely have to get her now.  You know, in case they finally decide to be reasonable and allow English text with Japanese audio.

16 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

The Japanese is rather explicit, but I can see how the translator made a mistake.

Do not worry, she will be a TT reward.

10 hours ago, Thane said:

I will also personally accept Skrimir because the dude is a beast, literally.

I'd expect more of you than this. Though I myself have made a point of even those who enjoy complexity, myself included, also sometimes having shallower tastes some times and that being perfectly fine. Do you appreciate his character development in RD whatsoever? 

When he does get in, after Lyre and Lethe get their third editions, I want him to keep that deep voice of his from RD (if not the same VA). It is quite distinctive.

I remember I was joking last week, and lo, I may have been slightly clairvoyant:

"Anyone can use Dark Magic in FE8, if Tethys gets it, then I demand a Demon Surge Eirika. And a Demon Light Amelia."

My deepest apologies to all. I'm only hoping the latter does not come true in any way.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

There have been no great shifts in the meta because of it (except at the very top of the Arena where scores determine the pool of characters you can expect to fight), and the player base hasn't really been up in flames over it after the first few times.

People get over things. Be it Gleipika, or the establishment of a military dictatorship. Only the few gripe in the long term, the rest become apathetic.

And on this note, this is a first world problem, so everyone, keep that in perspective.

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I honestly dont care about him either, Druid Ewan was the sauce

You like color schemes that make me wanna scream? 

latest?cb=20110420231339

Sage Ewan is the best Ewan. (Ignore the lingering sprite issue.)

latest?cb=20110420231257

3 hours ago, Iridium said:

4 characters -> 1-2 characters that nonwhales can pull at 4* after the banner ends
3 characters -> 0-1 characters that nonwhales can pull at 4* after the banner ends

Since it's only barely worth pulling on launch banners in the first place, I hardly think that this sacrifice is worth the loss.

The problem is not the number of characters that are made available at 4-star rarity, but the fact that the more popular characters have a higher chance of not being dropped to 4-star rarity at all.

If you wanted Tana, for example, there was literally no chance at all she would have been dropped to 4-star rarity with her skill set, and it's very literally pointless to try to pull a 5-star exclusive character when the character is not on a banner (that's a 1 in 600 chance for green when sniping and a 1 in 1000 chance for red when sniping).

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

Gonna roll for Myrrha just for Hone Dragons and the fact that she's voiced by Mai Kadowaki.

For all you fate fans, that's Ilya.

I was gushing about Kadowaki Mai like 4 pages ago. Sanya > Illya, by the way.

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

No, they didn't really "change the name again" back from Thea to Thite. They forgot to update the CYL ballot to reflect the fact that they changed her name to Thea in the first place.

51 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

The Japanese version is worded differently. As @Coolmanio says, it's a mistranslation where it's very clear why it got mistranslated. The translator translated the Japanese "Marisa is the reward for scoring" incorrectly into "Marisa gives more score as a reward".

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, they didn't really "change the name again" back from Thea to Thite. They forgot to update the CYL ballot to reflect the fact that they changed her name to Thea in the first place.

Which is what I was talking about. They hadn’t bothered to notify the one in charge of the CYL site that the name had been changed. For a year.

They all look so fantastic! I'm so happy and excited! Going to definitely spend all the orbs I've saved! It's a nice surprise to see Eirika comeback though, especially with Gleipnir of all possibilities. Ah well, she seems great and this gives me hope that we see other units get the same treatment outside of voting and what not!

SS being my favorit title, it's obvious that I'm overwhelmed to see another banner. While im very happy about L'Arachel und Myrrh joining the squad, Eirika got me by surprise. So basically from now on any random shit is possible. Funny enough how there was an option to pick in the survey listed as "originalty of the character". I mean don't get me wrong, I love the idea of trying new stuff, but what I see is pushing a "seasonal hero" into a nonseasonal-banner. Kinda makes sense, there is no room for non3DS- hereos beeing in a seasonal one. Everytime I get a positive vibes from this app it tries really hard to break the hype again. Ghast twitter post is really the best thing we can do about it for now.

I will pull all my orbs on this banner. I'm neither interested in the upcoming Legendary hero banner nor is there any chance that upcoming special hereos will be anything new or refreshing. I will take a seat on the FE5-banner hype train, I guess. Seeya!!!

Edited by fOrEiGn sOUl

Could be Eirika there just for the glitch? The more I think about it, the more I find logic that they give Gleipnir to her and not for example, as some people suggested, to Thetys. While any character could make use of it, giving it to a new character could lead to confusion for some players, while giving it to a lord is easier to figure that this isn’t his usual type of weapon

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You like color schemes that make me wanna scream? 

You already get Saleh and Lute as Sages, using Ewan as one too just makes no sense

Gleipinir on Ewan + Summoner Knoll = Utter destruction and mayhem

6 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Could be Eirika there just for the glitch? The more I think about it, the more I find logic that they give Gleipnir to her and not for example, as some people suggested, to Thetys. While any character could make use of it, giving it to a new character could lead to confusion for some players, while giving it to a lord is easier to figure that this isn’t his usual type of weapon

Because this banner, the upcoming Grand Hero Battle, and presumably the upcoming Tempest Trials are themed around Eirika (this Eirika in particular) and Lyon.

This Eirika's title in Japanese is "Kind Queen of Reminiscence", which was translated as "Anamnesis Lady", which has mostly the same meaning, and the upcoming Tempest Trials is named "I trust you" in Japanese, starting shortly after Lyon's Grand Hero Battle begins.

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

Well, with the glitch, she becomes one of the best units to use Gleipnir. We’ll know if it's about a deeper connection between her and Lyon very soon. 

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

Well, with the glitch, she becomes one of the best units to use Gleipnir. We’ll know if it's about a deeper connection between her and Lyon very soon. 

On promotion she has 7 Con. Gleipnir has 20 WT, so -13 AS. If we assume 20/20 averages, she will have 21 (max of 24) Str and 30 Spd. With Gleipnir, it's 44 Atk and 17 AS. Due to the fact most monsters have laughable stats, this should double everything but Gwyllgis probably. On humans, well it should still double most, but I'd think some of the faster promoted enemies she won't. Now if she isn't going to enemy phase tank on some monsters, her Sieglinde would offer her 58 Atk, which should let her deal more damage than with Gleipnir since the Def-Res gap is never this big. Making it the better weapon. Although being able to resort to Gleipnir for the enemy phase or just instead of Sieglinde because both are very powerful, is nice. 

Ingame, Eirika's higher move will mean more than a Berserker higher Str and Crit, the second shared with Swordmasters. In the Link Arena, where Gleipnir might find use due to buyable Body Rings mitigating its big flaw, and its high Mt and 1-2 range, it would be better on one of said two classes than Eirika.

Overall, I'd call your claim true. If not very practical- that is true of glitching anyone to S Dark instead of just using Evil/Crimson Eye/Demon Surge.