Serenes Forest 5★ Lv.40+10 Compendium Thread

Raven

Oh boy...

@Rezzy @Nym @Anacybele

I now have two Male Morgans.  Oh and this build is about as close as I can get to leveling the playing field between them both:

morgam_10__by_thesilentchloey_dduf8y5-fu

He's nowhere near as good as his +Atk counterpart but hey, I had to prove a point didn't I?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, why do you need two? And honestly imo, this Morgan is actually better. But anyway, if you wanted two good and fast red mages, why not invest in Celica or something...

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, why do you need two? And honestly imo, this Morgan is actually better. But anyway, if you wanted two good and fast red mages, why not invest in Celica or something...

Because I don't like her.  Also he's not better than his +Atk counterpart.  The extra attack means more than speed, especially against wary fighter units.

18 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Because I don't like her.  Also he's not better than his +Atk counterpart.  The extra attack means more than speed, especially against wary fighter units.

Oh yeah, you don't care for anything outside of Awakening. I don't recommend you limit yourself so heavily like that, but your choice.

The extra speed is better though, because you can double more units and get doubled less often. High attack doesn't mean as much if you can't double or KO in one hit. And there are units that KO in one hit better than Morgan, such as Lilina. And Morgan doesn't want to be doubled much because his defenses aren't great. Also, you have the Fury and Desperation combination on this one, which is incredible when used right.

Edited by Anacybele

30 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Oh boy...

@Rezzy @Nym @Anacybele

I now have two Male Morgans.  Oh and this build is about as close as I can get to leveling the playing field between them both:

He's nowhere near as good as his +Atk counterpart but hey, I had to prove a point didn't I?

Congrats again.

Wanna donate three Morgans? I really need those.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, you don't care for anything outside of Awakening. I don't recommend you limit yourself so heavily like that, but your choice.

The extra speed is better though, because you can double more units and get doubled less often. High attack doesn't mean as much if you can't double or KO in one hit. And there are units that KO in one hit better than Morgan, such as Lilina. And Morgan doesn't want to be doubled much because his defenses aren't great. Also, you have the Fury and Desperation combination on this one, which is incredible when used right.

You would be incorrect Ana, but I'm not derailing this thread for that.  Also trust me when I say +Atk is superior to +Spd, not only does Morgan net more kills with the extra attack he's also able as a +Atk unit to ORKO Lysithea.  +Spd requires more splash damage to deal with her.  Know how I know that?  I used both boys on the Lunatic CC maps, at the same level of HP loss and +Atk Male Morgan won out with Grima’s Truth every single time.  If that doesn't say anything to the argument than nothing will.

8 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Oh boy...

@Rezzy @Nym @Anacybele

Cool, I've seen some Defense teams with all +10 of the same character 

18 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

You would be incorrect Ana, but I'm not derailing this thread for that.  Also trust me when I say +Atk is superior to +Spd, not only does Morgan net more kills with the extra attack he's also able as a +Atk unit to ORKO Lysithea.  +Spd requires more splash damage to deal with her.  Know how I know that?  I used both boys on the Lunatic CC maps, at the same level of HP loss and +Atk Male Morgan won out with Grima’s Truth every single time.  If that doesn't say anything to the argument than nothing will.

Being able to do well on lunatic CC maps and take out Lysithea doesn't mean a +Atk Morgan is overall better. A +Spd one will certainly do better in several other modes and maps, including Arena, LHBs, MHBs, GHBs, BHBs, and more. Probably SAs too.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Being able to do well on lunatic CC maps and take out Lysithea doesn't mean a +Atk Morgan is overall better. A +Spd one will certainly do better in several other modes and maps, including Arena, LHBs, MHBs, GHBs, BHBs, and more. Probably SAs too.

I used those maps as a base and I hate to say this but you would be wrong on almost all of that.  +Atk nets more kills than +Spd every time.  Especially since most of those maps have some form of wary fighter, which again unless he's running Null Follow Up means he's not netting necessary kills.  Don't try to say otherwise.  As I said I use both so I know which Morgan is better.  You've only got a +Speed one so can't really compare.

7 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Don't you like Tharja? Of the easily merge red tome units, I think she is the best (and also from Awakening). Her tome is really good and she has a nice atk and speed

I hate Tharja.  She's my least favourite character from Awakening.  So much so that she has the bench for company.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I used those maps as a base and I hate to say this but you would be wrong on almost all of that.  +Atk nets more kills than +Spd every time.  Especially since most of those maps have some form of wary fighter, which again unless he's running Null Follow Up means he's not netting necessary kills.  Don't try to say otherwise.  As I said I use both so I know which Morgan is better.  You've only got a +Speed one so can't really compare.

Then you're not using him right. From what I've learned and been taught, +Spd is better than +Atk more often than not for units with highish Spd and Atk.

We agree on one thing though, Tharja is a terrible character.

Edited by Anacybele

In order to bring the thread back to its roots, here's my most recent project. I finished the merging days ago but now I have the fodder finished. A Legendary Ike died for this girl, what do you guys think?:

f9C44Qt.png

Because a certain revival banner came back today, I have another +10 Ike! ❤️

aU2wfhX.jpg

Damn I love his new Muspell outfit! It's exactly what I wanted for Resplendent Ike! I really really hoped he'd get Muspell and the design does not disappoint at all! He's still mostly got his original skillset though, so any recommendations for improvements are welcome! But now the only Ike I haven't +10'd is RD Ike! Too bad he comes back in freaking July, right in the middle of summer stuff. I dunno if I'm going to get him to +10 at that time. I could have a job by then because I'm going to start applying again soon, but still.

Oh, and here are my other two +10 Ikes so they're all nicely compiled in one post!

Spoiler

GX8w1jg.jpgfPXjGwX.jpg

I have to max out OG Ike and RD Ike's dragonflowers now!

Edited by Anacybele

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

lOEtDYw.jpg

Damn I love his new Muspell outfit! It's exactly what I wanted for Resplendent Ike! I really really hoped he'd get Muspell and the design does not disappoint at all! He's still mostly got his original skillset though, so any recommendations for improvements are welcome! But now the only Ike I haven't +10'd is RD Ike! Too bad he comes back in freaking July, right in the middle of summer stuff. I dunno if I'm going to get him to +10 at that time. I could have a job by then because I'm going to start applying again soon, but still.

The picture doesn't show up.

Congrats!

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

The picture doesn't show up.

Congrats!

I don't know why Imgur keeps giving me these errors when I do multiple uploads on my phone in one day... I'm trying to fix it.

In the meantime, I added my other two +10 Ikes to the post so they're all in one spot.

EDIT: Should be fixed now.

Edited by Anacybele

Time I put all my projects in one place. These are my +10 units so far, and I keep a stash of at least 220k feather for a sudden new refine that is need for a def map.

Spoiler

EBA9-F50-A-29-A5-4-DF8-A473-D34131-E8-F9
F4-F9-AD68-BDB1-4-FC9-9849-9-A9-A4-F72-D
A1-FDCA55-4-C48-44-E5-910-A-6-A16-C82848
2-E9-AF13-C-C27-F-4255-8701-CCF4-AD316-E
2-AC62372-BB2-C-40-AC-BAD7-714-ED528-CA9
09361-FB8-6242-4739-8-AF6-667075-E5-E5-D
D5-CB4-E13-694-E-4-D9-B-97-E8-81-D632-D4
3-D53-BF82-9252-4-F9-D-A1-E4-FE55-C73833
10957930-F282-4-B1-D-92-E6-4-A54-FEBBDF8
312545-CE-AD01-438-A-901-D-CDE3-E172-D61
C0-C1-C9-D2-726-C-4-BD2-BA12-EC82-C60010
8-C63885-D-9-D02-458-D-B25-D-D006-DEC891
C4-CF62-F6-8-C13-44-A7-B989-78-F4-E20-CB
D41-DA8-CF-7091-477-A-BC1-A-CA3-B682-B03
E9394961-60-EA-416-E-A647-0-E3-B66-B92-E

Edited by Vicious Sal

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

But now the only Ike I haven't +10'd is RD Ike!

Nice! How many merges do you need on him? Do you plan to showcase him in Aether Raids defense as a meme team during your off seasons?

He's still mostly got his original skillset though, so any recommendations for improvements are welcome!

Enemy Phase

Swift Stance 3 and Darting Breath would be good, but they are not yet, so I would just leave it as Heavy Blade for now and wait for those A skills to be released. Heavy Blade is pretty bad though, so if you need something cheap in the meantime, Darting Stance from Shigure and Steady Stance from Silas could probably work as temporary A skills. You can also try Fury, but it is a huge hassle on Enemy Phase units to maintain due to the recoil damage. Alternatively, you can also do Bonus Doubler, but that makes the tank vulnerable to Panic and it requires more specific teammates for support, although it does give him a lot of stats and better dual phase capabilities. Personally, I prefer Swift Stance out of the three options since it provides the right stat boosts, has unconditional Guard, pairs well with Lull Atk/Spd on the B slot, and it is overall pretty easy to use. Bonus Doubler would be my next choice, as it gives lots of stats, but it also got some more limitations and vulnerabilities. Darting Breath maximizes his damage output at the cost of his bulk, which I do not think is necessary in my opinion.

For the B slot, if you can afford it, I recommend Lull Atk/Spd. If you need something more budget, Quick Riposte is also another really good option incase another unit on the team is using Quick Riposte as a Sacred Seal slot.

For the C slot, Atk Smoke is the cheapest and one of the most effective options. Pulse Smoke is also really good, but it is also pricey.

Sacred Seal slot would ideally be Quick Riposte, but if that is taken or if he needs to be a super tank, Swift Stance would be good to further boost his Spd and patch his Res.

Spoiler

Swift Stance Build:
+Spd
Rangell
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Swift Stance
Lull Atk/Spd — Quick Riposte
Atk Smoke
Quick Riposte — Swift Stance

Darting Breath Build:
+Spd
Ragnell
Reposition
Ignis
Darting Breath
Lull Atk/Spd — Quick Riposte
Atk Smoke — Pulse Smoke

Bonus Doubler:
+Spd
Ragnell
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Bonus Doubler
Atk Smoke — Pulse Smoke

Player Phase

If you need him on Player Phase for whatever reason, you can just give him a regular Desperation build.

+Spd
Slaying Edge [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

Edited by XRay

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

Nice! How many merges do you need on him? Do you plan to showcase him in Aether Raids defense as a meme team during your off seasons?

Enemy Phase

Swift Stance 3 and Darting Breath would be good, but they are not yet, so I would just leave it as Heavy Blade for now and wait for those A skills to be released. Heavy Blade is pretty bad though, so if you need something cheap in the meantime, Darting Stance from Shigure and Steady Stance from Silas could probably work as temporary A skills. You can also try Fury, but it is a huge hassle on Enemy Phase units to maintain due to the recoil damage. Alternatively, you can also do Bonus Doubler, but that makes the tank vulnerable to Panic and it requires more specific teammates for support, although it does give him a lot of stats and better dual phase capabilities. Personally, I prefer Swift Stance out of the three options since it provides the right stat boosts, has unconditional Guard, pairs well with Lull Atk/Spd on the B slot, and it is overall pretty easy to use. Bonus Doubler would be my next choice, as it gives lots of stats, but it also got some more limitations and vulnerabilities. Darting Breath maximizes his damage output at the cost of his bulk, which I do not think is necessary in my opinion.

For the B slot, if you can afford it, I recommend Lull Atk/Spd. If you need something more budget, Quick Riposte is also another really good option incase another unit on the team is using Quick Riposte as a Sacred Seal slot.

For the C slot, Atk Smoke is the cheapest and one of the most effective options. Pulse Smoke is also really good, but it is also pricey.

Sacred Seal slot would ideally be Quick Riposte, but if that is taken or if he needs to be a super tank, Swift Stance would be good to further boost his Spd and patch his Res.

Reveal hidden contents

Swift Stance Build:
+Spd
Rangell
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Swift Stance
Lull Atk/Spd — Quick Riposte
Atk Smoke

Darting Breath Build:
+Spd
Ragnell
Reposition
Ignis
Darting Breath
Atk Smoke — Pulse Smoke

Bonus Doubler:
+Spd
Ragnell
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Bonus Doubler
Atk Smoke — Pulse Smoke

Player Phase

If you need him on Player Phase for whatever reason, you can just give him a regular Desperation build.

+Spd
Slaying Edge [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

Oh yeah, Darting Breath will be great if it ever actually gets released. Same with Swift Stance, though I think Darting Breath will be better. And why QR when he's already insanely fast and will get buffs from allies a lot? I don't see it actually being useful for him very often.

I don't want to invest TOO much into this Ike if I don't have to though, so I'll just keep him enemy phase. Thanks for the ideas!

Oh, and RD Ike is +5.

Edited by Anacybele

aU2wfhX.jpg

Oh, and here are my other two +10 Ikes so they're all nicely compiled in one post!

Hide contents

GX8w1jg.jpgfPXjGwX.jpg

I have to max out OG Ike and RD Ike's dragonflowers now!

Congratulations, Ike looks really good. Now will you be saving for RD Ike or for Sylvain? He is a popular character with a relic, I doubt being male will stop him from being a really good unit. 

1 minute ago, SuperNova125 said:

Congratulations, Ike looks really good. Now will you be saving for RD Ike or for Sylvain? He is a popular character with a relic, I doubt being male will stop him from being a really good unit. 

Depends on when Sylvain comes. And it also depends on what summer brings us, because RD Ike's next appearance is in July, unfortunately. >_< Thanks though!

Oh yeah, Darting Breath will be great if it ever actually gets released. Same with Swift Stance, though I think Darting Breath will be better. And why QR when he's already insanely fast and will get buffs from allies a lot? I don't see it actually being useful for him very often.

He is not fast enough to go without Quick Riposte. The only scenario I can think of where he is fast enough to go without Quick Riposte is if he is a super tank and is getting a huge load of buffs from his buffer allies. Mareeta +Spd+0+0 can reach 60 Spd with just her base kit for example. Without Legendary or Mythic stats but fully optimized with merges, buffs, and everything else, Mareeta can reach 75 Spd. Mareeta is not something Ike can normally take down, although his default Swordbreaker could help him in this regard, but Breakers are a little too niche for most general purpose tanks to use these days.

Darting Breath's issue is that it does not provide enough bulk and no extra effects like Guard that Swift Stance provides. You can think of all the A slot Breaths as Atk/Stat Stance, since activating a stronger Special quicker is basically an Atk boost. Bold Fighter armors and high Spd current generation melee nukes will wreck Ike with a Special trigger, which Darting Breath does not protect against. Darting Breath is good for modes like Tempest Trials and Arena where enemies hit like a wet noodle and you can rely on Darting Breath to significantly speed up Aether. For more competitive modes like Aether Raids, Darting Breath might be enough to tank nukes there.

Swift Stance provides extra protection in the form of Guard, as well as higher stat boosts in Spd and Res. While he would not be able to activate a stronger Special like Ignis, Moonbows or Ruptured Sky is more than sufficient enough to shut down nukes and put a huge dent in most bulky melee armor units.

Oh, and RD Ike is +5.

Nice, you are halfway there!

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

He is not fast enough to go without Quick Riposte. The only scenario I can think of where he is fast enough to go without Quick Riposte is if he is a super tank and is getting a huge load of buffs from his buffer allies. Mareeta +Spd+0+0 can reach 60 Spd with just her base kit for example. Without Legendary or Mythic stats but fully optimized with merges, buffs, and everything else, Mareeta can reach 75 Spd. Mareeta is not something Ike can normally take down.

Darting Breath's issue is that it does not provide enough bulk and no extra effects like Guard that Swift Stance provides. You can think of all the A slot Breaths as Atk/Stat Stance, since activating a stronger Special quicker is basically an Atk boost. Bold Fighter armors and high Spd current generation melee nukes will wreck Ike with a Special trigger, which Darting Breath does not protect against. Darting Breath is good for modes like Tempest Trials and Arena where enemies hit like a wet noodle and you can rely on Darting Breath to significantly speed up Aether. For more competitive modes like Aether Raids, Darting Breath might be enough to tank nukes there.

Swift Stance provides extra protection in the form of Guard, as well as higher stat boosts in Spd and Res. While he would not be able to activate a stronger Special like Ignis, Moonbows or Ruptured Sky is more than sufficient enough to shut down nukes and put a huge dent in most bulky melee armor units.

Well I'm not trying to make him be able to take out anything and everything. He isn't his Brave version. xP Also, you forget Swordbreaker is there, so even now, Ike can still hit Mareeta twice. But I wouldn't put him against her unless I had absolutely no choice regardless. And that shouldn't happen much at all.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Well I'm not trying to make him be able to take out anything and everything. He isn't his Brave version. xP Also, you forget Swordbreaker is there, so even now, Ike can still hit Mareeta twice. But I wouldn't put him against her unless I had absolutely no choice regardless. And that shouldn't happen much at all.

Depending on how asinine the defense player wants to build Mareeta, she can can cancel out Swordbreaker with Null Follow-Up, and that would drop her Spd down 72 replacing Lull Spd/Def, but that is still pretty high. As long as you do not bring him into Aether Raids, Darting Breath should be fine in most cases though, and it is preferable in modes like Tempest Trials where autobattling is more prominent and the enemies are pretty weak.