My Hero Academia Mafia - Game Over

SB.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to break my promise, the work which I was supposed to complete today has me pulling my hair out so I probably won't be around much  tomorrow either. Sorry not sorry. 
I did give the game a quick read, not sure why Orihime subbed out, probably not important. Also disagree with marths reasoning for Corrobin being scum, it totally could be newbscum trying to blend in at the start of the game, or its just as likely that it's newbtown trying to fit with people they think might be town and trusting other peoples opinions. 

ok hai gaizzzz

first thing's first i'll eat your brains i've seen the term "flip" thrown around here a few times; can someone clarify what people mean by that? I'm new to SF maf and in my homesite (showdown) people usually use the term "flip" to mean the role reveal upon a player's death, and the way it's used here seems like it means something else.

anyways, I'll comment on some of the stuff's that's happened so far i guess

I see corrobin's vote on shinori as pretty NAI, like most others have said so far. just seems like someone who just wanted to place a lynch somewhere. not that it makes corrobin town or anything.

the shinori/supa interaction thingy or whatever - i honestly don't think scumpartners would go so far as coordinate an "interaction" to make themselves look supposedly townier within like the first few hours of the game, esp when the content i saw was (at least imo) meaningless. marthy made a good point here:

9 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

What does scum get by saying that they'll sheep their wolfbro?

i think it's safe to think that interaction is NAI. this point has been mentioned a lot i know; just trying to voice my opinion on it before it's like a completely moot point. that being said,

9 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Hey @Alette, how's it going?  You playing LoL?

this was really weird. why take an entire post in the middle of a serious discussion to make an interaction with another player and talk about something completely unrelated to game? the placement of this felt really weird and fabricated to me; i wanna know if anyone else feels the same

this matters cuz i SR alette. first is when asked by shinori (? idr) if they were scum or not:

13 hours ago, Alette said:

Nope, but would you believe me? I'm not sure on that. 

you could've just said no, but why add the unnecessary stuff? I don't understand what you were trying to accomplish here. it seems like alette felt the need to explain themselves more than just a flat out "no", which doesn't really make sense to me if they were just town, esp considering this happened like a few hours into day 1. then, when corrobin lynched shinori:

10 hours ago, Alette said:

what... How does this help us? If your just listening to collective thoughts with no individual thought? What do you think of this game so far?

this reaction looks and sounds so fake. via's reaction (immediately lynching corrobin) comes off as much more genuine and natural to me; this post just makes it seem like Alette's trying to take the mediator position amongst town and direct the conversation in a way that a) controls the game in her favor and b) spreads doubt towards players she wants to target. in other words, i see this as alette deliberately trying to look towny and trying to seem unbiased/neutral on a matter that should've elicited a more charged response.

9 hours ago, Alette said:

Not all newbie town act that way. Some are really invested in the solving process. 

I read this post as an attempt to redirect attention and suspicion toward corrobin, especially since this occurred as other people came in and voiced their opinion in defense of corrobin. I feel like if Alette genuinely scumread corrobin, they would a) lynch, which they didnt do, and b) made more direct accusation points rather than say in a roundabout way "newb scum can act the way corrobin did too, so don't discount them as a scum candidate"

the fact that all of these things happened within the span of like a few hours makes it seem like this is no coincidence, so in conclusion,

##vote alette

also light SR on marthy for that weird interaction with alette as mentioned earlier, but that could be NAI for all i know.

18 minutes ago, fairyjigglypuff said:

ok hai gaizzzz

first thing's first i'll eat your brains i've seen the term "flip" thrown around here a few times; can someone clarify what people mean by that? I'm new to SF maf and in my homesite (showdown) people usually use the term "flip" to mean the role reveal upon a player's death, and the way it's used here seems like it means something else.

Dunno what you're referring to, but probably a change of opinion? As in someone flipping their townread into a scumread.

<On Marth's post to Alette>

this was really weird. why take an entire post in the middle of a serious discussion to make an interaction with another player and talk about something completely unrelated to game? the placement of this felt really weird and fabricated to me; i wanna know if anyone else feels the same

I think it's NAI, just someone greeting someone they know. It was still relatively early in the game as well iirc.

this matters cuz i SR alette. first is when asked by shinori (? idr) if they were scum or not:

you could've just said no, but why add the unnecessary stuff? I don't understand what you were trying to accomplish here. it seems like alette felt the need to explain themselves more than just a flat out "no", which doesn't really make sense to me if they were just town, esp considering this happened like a few hours into day 1. then, when corrobin lynched shinori:

this reaction looks and sounds so fake. via's reaction (immediately lynching corrobin) comes off as much more genuine and natural to me; this post just makes it seem like Alette's trying to take the mediator position amongst town and direct the conversation in a way that a) controls the game in her favor and b) spreads doubt towards players she wants to target. in other words, i see this as alette deliberately trying to look towny and trying to seem unbiased/neutral on a matter that should've elicited a more charged response.

I read this post as an attempt to redirect attention and suspicion toward corrobin, especially since this occurred as other people came in and voiced their opinion in defense of corrobin. I feel like if Alette genuinely scumread corrobin, they would a) lynch, which they didnt do, and b) made more direct accusation points rather than say in a roundabout way "newb scum can act the way corrobin did too, so don't discount them as a scum candidate"

the fact that all of these things happened within the span of like a few hours makes it seem like this is no coincidence, so in conclusion,

##vote alette

also light SR on marthy for that weird interaction with alette as mentioned earlier, but that could be NAI for all i know.

I think the first point is pretty irrelevant, but the second one is good. I'm not sure about the "take control of thread flow"-part, but I can see the neutral mediator angle.

On your third point, whilst I agree with the roundabout accusation-part, I don't agree with the first line. Shinori was the only one defending Corrobin at that point, whilst Marth/Via were voting him, so I don't think it really fits the narrative of her redirecting attention / keeping him on the table.

Overall, I think your case is fine. Alette is maybe in slight scumlean territory for me personally.

the first point is more of a tonal read than anything, much like marth's NAI post on alette

point taken on the defending corrobin part; was reading through and got post orders mixed up. still SR on alette tho. the "controlling thread flow" bit, to clarify, is just an extension of being in a mediator position, since that position makes it easier for them to direct future conversations

13 minutes ago, fairyjigglypuff said:

the first point is more of a tonal read than anything, much like marth's NAI post on alette

point taken on the defending corrobin part; was reading through and got post orders mixed up. still SR on alette tho. the "controlling thread flow" bit, to clarify, is just an extension of being in a mediator position, since that position makes it easier for them to direct future conversations

I see your point, I was more thinking along the lines of the mediator position being easy content which looks reasonable/productive without it actually doing much and therefore something scum likes to go for.

3 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

I see your point, I was more thinking along the lines of the mediator position being easy content which looks reasonable/productive without it actually doing much and therefore something scum likes to go for.

I remember getting called out for this as scum once actually

2 hours ago, fairyjigglypuff said:

ok hai gaizzzz

anyways, I'll comment on some of the stuff's that's happened so far i guess

I see corrobin's vote on shinori as pretty NAI, like most others have said so far. just seems like someone who just wanted to place a lynch somewhere. not that it makes corrobin town or anything.

the shinori/supa interaction thingy or whatever - i honestly don't think scumpartners would go so far as coordinate an "interaction" to make themselves look supposedly townier within like the first few hours of the game, esp when the content i saw was (at least imo) meaningless. marthy made a good point here:

i think it's safe to think that interaction is NAI. this point has been mentioned a lot i know; just trying to voice my opinion on it before it's like a completely moot point. that being said,

##vote alette

For your first quote, I doubt Shinori would just believe a no answer given what I saw in my first game with him. Is that excessive? Maybe it is, but Shinori is a person that I see as clever. I will respond to your other quotes when I am more awake.

Ha, town might seem in a pinch after being invaded by wolves and this subbing mess, but it's all right now! Why you ask?

BECAUSE I AM HERE!

Alette seems to be sitting on the sidelines a bit too much imo, intend on commenting from the sidelines instead of getting his hands dirty. @Alette is there anyone you're suspisious of right now?

I feel Omega has only really been making joke posts, without anything gamerelevant (Okay, I guess picking on Claire became gamerelevant but still) so:

@Omega., any thoughts on the game so far? Who are you currently suspecting?

I agree with Marth on not liking Corobins vote. I liked the initiative it showed, but the way he backed out after being asked about it was bad.

@Corrobin I'm pretty sure most people were fine with Shinori, what did you mean with "Wisdom of crowds"?

##Vote: Corrobin

I'm uhm... just going to leave the Claire thing alone until that figures itself out I guess...

@Killthestory Nice, seems like you really are worthy of being a hero! ...Why's Boron scum though? And who are these buddies then?

6 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Ha, town might seem in a pinch after being invaded by wolves and this subbing mess, but it's all right now! Why you ask?

BECAUSE I AM HERE!

Alette seems to be sitting on the sidelines a bit too much imo, intend on commenting from the sidelines instead of getting his hands dirty. @Alette is there anyone you're suspisious of right now?

I feel Omega has only really been making joke posts, without anything gamerelevant (Okay, I guess picking on Claire became gamerelevant but still) so:

I agree with Marth on not liking Corobins vote. I liked the initiative it showed, but the way he backed out after being asked about it was bad.

@Corrobin I'm pretty sure most people were fine with Shinori, what did you mean with "Wisdom of crowds"?

I'm uhm... just going to leave the Claire thing alone until that figures itself out I guess...

@Killthestory Nice, seems like you really are worthy of being a hero! ...Why's Boron scum though? And who are these buddies then?

Are you serious? It's a 72 hr day first of all and I don't think I'm really sitting around. Right now I'm weary of shinori, and think kill slot is town. I don't understand why sunwoo won't read the first three pages. Almost everyone who posted is kind of NAI. I think Mack is vibing town too.

4 minutes ago, Alette said:

Are you serious? It's a 72 hr day first of all and I don't think I'm really sitting around. Right now I'm weary of shinori, and think kill slot is town. I don't understand why sunwoo won't read the first three pages. Almost everyone who posted is kind of NAI. I think Mack is vibing town too.

I'm always serious. Unless I'm not. But I was serious here.

I'm not saying I expected you to have the scum team figured out at this point, but almost all of your comments are about how something is weird, without mentioning whether you find that thing actually scummy, towny, or whatnot (note that this does not mean you have to suddenly hard scumread/townread them for it). That's what I mean with sitting on the sidelines.

Reads help there though, ty.

Votals 1.1
Alette (3)Omega., RADicate, fairyjigglypuff
Corrobin (2)Magnificence Incarnate, Bartozio
Magnificence Incarnate (1): Shinori
Tuvy (1): Athena_57
Sunwoo (1): Killthestory
Not Voting: Alette, Corrobin, Flee Feet!, Mackc2, Sunwoo, Tuvy, Tuvy2, Vi-astra, weinerboy

Day 1 ends in ~54 hours.  With 17 alive, it takes 6 to lynch and 11 to hammer.

Edited by SB.

3 hours ago, fairyjigglypuff said:

For me, I've never seen Marth play earlygame and usually I catch him stuck in catch-up mode or frozen. Liked his enthusiasm to have open discussion even if the questions themselves weren't the most potent

Your points about Alette are noted, some of them I've even considered myself. I agree with you on the basis of your read but see it a bit differently. It's not about the act of questioning that tips me off, this is something that can be made as both alignments. I think you make decent points about it but I also feel like you're putting down a lot of stipulation that supposedly Alette hasn't made, but if you isolate Alette and make your comparisons with even someone like myself or YOLOSWAG, you'd see you could say the same things about us. This is not a defense, rather I want to know what makes us or other players different in behavior.

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

BECAUSE I AM HERE!

trash post

##vote Bartozio