My Hero Academia Mafia - Game Over

SB.

3 hours ago, Shinori said:

@Flee Fleet!Just for clarity don't be afraid to vote people or move your vote around as need be.  There is no issue with that and it allows people to see your thought process a bit more on where your priorities lie.  IT's one of the ways to catch scum.  If we chose to not lynch we would gain no new information outside of whoever the scum team kills(which would most likely be a player who's acting very townie) which generally doesn't gain us much.

If we lynch someone who's acting suspiciously or scummy and they were to flip town potentially we could look at the people who voted them and break down which votes are more likely to be scum.

@AletteWhy do you have your eye on me?  I honestly just kind of thought Supa was memeing at first but instead just felt he was more like his play from anonymous but I'd like to know where your thoughts are at the moment.

More stuff in a bit I literally just woke up.

It's mostly the fact you feel uneasy to me in what you have posted. I don't see much solving with you lately to. I might just give what's been posted another read since I got some homework done.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean i defintely wasn't attempting to solve that much on pages 3/4 outside of Marth's push on corrosive which i think is weird.

I'm gonna have to read more into stuff but I'm just being lazy on my day off and playing video games while not looking forward to my split shift tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Alette said:

I'm not a fan of just voting someone with decent reasons on what they said. I asked him those questions to see his thought process to see if it's townie or wolfy.

@Athena_57 This is my other response to fjp's fake comment.

On 9/18/2018 at 3:19 PM, Shinori said:

so whats yalls thoughts on yolo and other newbies

Why did you ask this? What did you want to get out of it? What about Soup's early issues with you seemed like a weird jump to you?

Soup/Shinori interactions on Page 2 are weird because they're never directly interacting despite having reads on each other. I'm liking Soup's thought process in his other posts, but don't have a read there. Shinori I'm split on because it feels like he's avoiding scumreading people but I think his Corrobin defense makes more sense from Town!Him.

22 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Tired. Just hashing out a quick response before I go to bed. I'll give more thoughts in the morning.

Not this shit again.

Marth's entry post bothers me. Throws a weak vote on lynchbait w/o adequately explaining why they're wolf over town (I didn't like Corrobin's first post either, but I wouldn't vote on it and it feels like his thought process is "well, newb scum COULD do this"), and Shinori read seems kinda...I dunno, nonconvincing. I like his Alette read though. Wanna hash things out w/Marth before committing to a vote here. @Magnificence Incarnate Feel free to ping me when you have a response.

Opinions on Corrobin are interesting. It feels like a few players think it's scummy whereas most think it's NAI. I agree with the majority here, people who think it's scummy are going to need to explain themselves better (because I think it's an opportunistic read to have).

Bartozio's opening post bothers me as well. Maybe I just don't like how he went for the easy Corobbin vote over the Alette vote when he was suspicious of both. I like his defense from KTS though but I want an explanation here.

KTS is my third scumread I'm scumreading w/reservations. I agree w/Bartozio saying that you can intuit his thought process as town, whereas as scum it's incomprehensible. Also I'd expect Town!KTS to be getting more flak by now honestly. I disagree w/Bartozio because I think his switch off of Bartozio makes him look better (I can see the thought process behind that one, and I feel like he'd egg Bartozio on more as scum because it'd make him look better from that exchange) though.

I'd sheep FJP's scumread on Alette from this post. Kinda annoyed by myself that I'm not voting one of MY reads but I have a lot of reservations on all of them whoops.

##Unvote

##Vote: Alette

KTS read sucks because I never went into what about him bothered by me. It's his reads on Boron and Bartozio, which read more like him posturing as scum over him playing his cards close to the chest.

At the moment, my reads are like Alette (not the strongest scum read I have, but least town explanations) > Marth > KTS > Bartozio. Done spamming the thread, sayonara bye bye.

5 minutes ago, Refa said:

KTS read sucks because I never went into what about him bothered by me. It's his reads on Boron and Bartozio, which read more like him posturing as scum over him playing his cards close to the chest.

are you implying my cards aren't always close to my chest

2 minutes ago, Killthestory said:

are you implying my cards aren't always close to my chest

They are! It's just that as town you have a good reason for that (feels like you want to gauge other peoples' reads before outing your own).

I've been getting the feeling most people who have more exposure with Marth in terms of play earlygame are not really impressed by him. I sorta just realized that my read on him may be shallow cause of it; consider it rescinded until further notice cuz I trust Refa/Shinori about it in terms of meta

I think Flight Fleet even for a newbie had a strange response to everything going on, one that warrants pressure imo. Fleet feels like he had a guilty conscience but didn't know what to do about it therefore he created open dialogue about votes being bad, but that alone is why I didn't like his pop-in cause it attributes to nervousness. I've been seeing a lot of people waffle of newbies thus far and I've been sorta biting my tongue about it but you essentially give them reason to pull the newbie card if you don't decide how you feel about 'em. Other newbie still waiting on his response

##Vote: Flight Fleet

KTS will resolve himself, he also replaced into Orihime who 100% bias I think replaced out as town. This is not my argument because replacements boil down to NAI, it's just her emotions nearing the felt extremely genuine and that her thought about me/shinori was too

2 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

KTS will resolve himself, he also replaced into Orihime who 100% bias I think replaced out as town. This is not my argument because replacements boil down to NAI, it's just her emotions nearing the felt extremely genuine and that her thought about me/shinori was too

i didnt want to mention this because it felt angleshooty and bad for the game but

i will nod my head slightly and arch my eyebrows

1 minute ago, weinerboy said:

Yeah, I'm not too worried about him. I had the same read on Orihime as well FWIW, which is why KTS is one of my lower scumreads (higher than Bartozio because I think Bartozio's frustration makes more sense coming from Town!Him). Marth/Bartozio are more the problem for me, because they tend to get mislynched as town. Also good vote. I'm more interested in peoples' reactions to Fire Flight. Felt like people were being very helpful towards him, even though they didn't offer the same courtesy to Corrobin? Weird inconsistency there.

##Unvote

@Killthestory Will do, boss.

just for the record i had a major breakdown and im probably not in the   i can't post content for a few more hours my bad lmao

1 hour ago, Refa said:

Why did you ask this? What did you want to get out of it? What about Soup's early issues with you seemed like a weird jump to you?

Soup/Shinori interactions on Page 2 are weird because they're never directly interacting despite having reads on each other. I'm liking Soup's thought process in his other posts, but don't have a read there. Shinori I'm split on because it feels like he's avoiding scumreading people but I think his Corrobin defense makes more sense from Town!Him.

Not this shit again.

Marth's entry post bothers me. Throws a weak vote on lynchbait w/o adequately explaining why they're wolf over town (I didn't like Corrobin's first post either, but I wouldn't vote on it and it feels like his thought process is "well, newb scum COULD do this"), and Shinori read seems kinda...I dunno, nonconvincing. I like his Alette read though. Wanna hash things out w/Marth before committing to a vote here. @Magnificence Incarnate Feel free to ping me when you have a response.

Opinions on Corrobin are interesting. It feels like a few players think it's scummy whereas most think it's NAI. I agree with the majority here, people who think it's scummy are going to need to explain themselves better (because I think it's an opportunistic read to have).

Bartozio's opening post bothers me as well. Maybe I just don't like how he went for the easy Corobbin vote over the Alette vote when he was suspicious of both. I like his defense from KTS though but I want an explanation here.

KTS is my third scumread I'm scumreading w/reservations. I agree w/Bartozio saying that you can intuit his thought process as town, whereas as scum it's incomprehensible. Also I'd expect Town!KTS to be getting more flak by now honestly. I disagree w/Bartozio because I think his switch off of Bartozio makes him look better (I can see the thought process behind that one, and I feel like he'd egg Bartozio on more as scum because it'd make him look better from that exchange) though.

I'd sheep FJP's scumread on Alette from this post. Kinda annoyed by myself that I'm not voting one of MY reads but I have a lot of reservations on all of them whoops.

##Unvote

##Vote: Alette

Gonna respond to this since it covers a lot of interesting topics.

Let's forget about Shinori's reads for a minute; how did you feel about his posts in the first 3 pages of the game? Anything interesting that you noticed?

I don't see the issue here? My vote came in on page 3 where there was barely any substance in the thread, how much can I explain about my vote on a guy who just made a vote and left without saying anything?  I've never had to explain a lot because I've been met with a blanket statement like "Corrobin's vote is NAI" without anyone giving me a reason to budge from my position. In any case, to elaborate:

There's nothing logically rigorous about this and this is very intuitive, but newb!townies care more about being right and catching scum over how they look. Most people getting into this game consider this more like solving a mystery. A newb!town cares about gaining 'evidence' and so most of their posts are all about doing everything they can to gain evidence and be 'right'. They don't commit to a stance very easily and they ask more questions and are very hesitant to do things. In contrast to this, the newb!mafia wants to appear non-threatening to other people. They make posts that agree with the consensus and try to act like they're friendly and part of the village. Corrobin's vote fits this MO imo, the timing of the vote especially.

Wrt Bartozio, I don't feel like that's a good reason to scumread him and I'll get to that in my next post, but I agree that his KTS defence is good.

Wrt KTS, why do you think that as scum he's incomprehensible? What is it that he's doing here that's incomprehensible? Idr much of scum!KTS so I ask here.

Wrt Alette,is there any specific point that resonates w/ your thoughts? What sold you on fjp's case?

Forgot to mention that KTS not getting as much flak currently is definitely not a good reason to scumread him.

1 hour ago, Refa said:

Yeah, I'm not too worried about him. I had the same read on Orihime as well FWIW, which is why KTS is one of my lower scumreads (higher than Bartozio because I think Bartozio's frustration makes more sense coming from Town!Him). Marth/Bartozio are more the problem for me, because they tend to get mislynched as town. Also good vote. I'm more interested in peoples' reactions to Fire Flight. Felt like people were being very helpful towards him, even though they didn't offer the same courtesy to Corrobin? Weird inconsistency there.

##Unvote

@Killthestory Will do, boss.

I know this isn't addressed to me since I wasn't around when FF posted, but I want to tackle this. First off FF and Corrobin aren't even a good comparison. Corrobin came in and dropped a vote on a consensus read at a time where people were stating opinions about the read, then left immediately. FF entered the thread hesitant to do anything, and then left. Its unfair to judge the reactions of people to them given that their actions are completely different. Furthermore, what is is that you actually find scummy about FF and what makes you think he's a better vote that Corrobin?

The lynchbait argument isn't very good for this playerlist imo. First off this playerlist isn't your standard SFMafia list so culture clashes are inevitable, so any vote we make can be easily countered with the "they're targeting the lynchbait" which isn't good reasoning IMO. Second this list is high on new/inexperienced players so a lot of them can be construed as lynchbaits, if we start thinking about who's an easy vote and who isn't we're never going to agree on a lynch. This is why I think your issues w/ Bartozio aren't something I agree with; If anything, I'd argue that Alette is just as 'easy' of a vote at this juncture, given that she hasn't really done anything to defend herself and there hasn't been any resistance to scumreads on her.

@Shinori Mostly tone, want to see if I'm missing something.

I don't really see a reason the change my read on him and I don't get people defending him but ##Unvote  I'm going nowhere with that vote anyway.

##Vote: mackc2 

He hasn't posted much but I didn't like the posts he has. He feels very avoidant and I sense a lack of interest in solving. Nothing big here but I feel like he would've come up with something interesting to say/press by now since we're 24 hours into the game.

I feel like the people with more thread presence are more likely to be town rn. Kinda feel like scum is in the lurkers/non posters. Needs to see more from players like Omega/Radicate especially since I feel they're likely to have some opinions by now.

Refa is in the weird spot where I don't sense hesitation to commit to reads in his posts but a lot of them feel...wrong. Got no idea on him rn.

Ftr I don't have any logical defence for alette but it feels like its going to be a mislynch. I haven't got any scummy vibes from her tone and she doesn't feel very agenda heavy.

@Alette what are your reads and why haven't you voted yet? What is your response to the cases on you?

To be honest, i'm not seeing much to scum read people on. It feels like not many people are really here pushing people other than me. Like I get that to people that don't know me, i'm scummy and odd. I'm gonna give this one reread and try to see if anything has changed.