New Legendary Hero: Eirika

Poimagic

13 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

That makes sense. It reminds me that I actually have a 4* Nanna too; I should train her.

P.S. As someone used to hearing people bash Eirika and praise Ephraim, it does my heart good to see so many people support her here. Thanks, guys!

Also, @daisy jane; did you buy a 3DS at launch? If so you should have FE8 for free.

nope i didn't. i got mine like years later. 

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Etheus said:

This entire argument about whether or not Eirika deserves the honor is silly because it stems from an inherently silly post. The same person who started this:

> Claims that Eirika hasn't done anything legendary.

> Immediately states that Hrid should be legendary. This is despite him having done literally nothing but stand there and look muscular in his ridiculous outfit for 5 seconds. 

It's Anacybele, this is just what he does.

And That's not even getting into that he seems to belive Eirika "stole" this spot and has done some irreparable damage to Alm/Hrid when they can just be made legendary later

Edited by colossus86

5 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

It's Anacybele, this is just what he does.

Firstly, I'm a girl. Second, talking about people behind their backs like this is extremely rude.

About Hrid, he should be legendary because if his sisters are, why can't he? I'm not saying it made 100% sense for his sisters to be legendary. Gunnthra arguably did even less than Hrid. But given what IS has done with the older Nifl siblings, it's only logical that Hrid follow the same trend.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

About Hrid, he should be legendary because if his sisters are, why can't he? I'm not saying it made 100% sense for his sisters to be legendary. Gunnthra arguably did even less than Hrid. But given what IS has done with the older Nifl siblings, it's only logical that Hrid follow the same trend.

I agree, having a sibling of comparable story involvement be legendary is a perfectly good reason to count as legendary as well.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Firstly, I'm a girl. Second, talking about people behind their backs like this is extremely rude.

Behind your back? On an open forum fully visible to you, which you are currently participating in? In what way does that constitute 'behind your back.'

Rude or not, my point, which he was addressing, stands. In what way does Hrid deserve legendary status based on accomplishments (of which he has none) when Eirika does not?

Also, your argument that he should be because his sisters are is absurd (and that's ignoring that they haven't done much to earn it either).

Let's make Mist legendary then. 

Edited by Etheus

Just now, Etheus said:

Behind your back? On an open forum fully visible to you, which you are currently participating in? In what way does that constitute 'behind your back.'

Talking rude about one person to another person without their knowledge is talking about people behind their backs. I didn't know that post was made until I came back in here after restarting my laptop.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Rude or not, my point, which he was addressing, stands. In what way does Hrid deserve legendary status based on accomplishments (of which he has none) when Eirika does not?

I just explained above. Given the treatment of Fjorm and Gunnthra, Hrid should logically follow, even if it didn't make much sense for his sisters.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I agree, having a sibling of comparable story involvement be legendary is a perfectly good reason to count as legendary as well.

It is. Otherwise, IS would be going against their own logic and trend. That makes even less sense.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Probably autocorrect messed up or they didn't properly type in s by mistake. Or they just haven't looked at your gender under your profile pic

They aren't talking behind your back if you can easily see their post and frequently visit this forum. This is also a public forum that even non-users can visit. Reminds me of the fired Guild Wars 2 dev from Summer regarding her Twitter account

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

They aren't talking behind your back if you can easily see their post and frequently visit this forum. This is also a public forum that even non-users can visit. Reminds me of the fired Guild Wars 2 dev from Summer regarding her Twitter account

Doesn't mean I actually see their post though. I could've never entered this thread again and never saw that post. It's still talking about me behind my back and being rude.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

It is. Otherwise, IS would be going against their own logic and trend. That makes even less sense.

Glad to have convinced you of the merits of a legendary Eirika, then.

You are aware what you just agreed to, right?

EDIT: Hehe. 

Edited by Jave

Glad to have convinced you of the merits of a legendary Eirika, then.

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

You are aware what you just agreed to, right?

No, now I have no idea what you're talking about. What I said has nothing to do with Eirika.

Edited by Anacybele

My remark describes Eirika just as well as Hrid.

I wouldn't consider Eirika as comparable to Ephraim in general though, not just in story involvement.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

He made you inadvertently admit that Eirika should be legendary because Ephraim is.

Nope.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's one way of looking at it. Another way to look at it is that IS finally realized that none of their OC ever did anything legendary, and that it was a mistake to call the frozen sisters legendary. As such they decided that all OCs will come in regular banners from now on, so that only people worthy can be legendary FROM NOW ON.

So there are two factions.

The faction "the first two nifl royals were legendary, so the others should be too"

And the faction "making the first two legenday was a mistake, repeating the same mistake over and over is dumb. Ylgr and Hrid should come in a normal banner"

The problem here is that you are in the first faction because you like Hrid. If he was another sister instead, with a design similar to Fjorm and the same exact personality of Hrid just genderbended and she did the same thing male Hrid has done I would bet money that you would be in the other faction.

Honestly, I find it odd to claim a lord should not be legendary. They're a main character in the end; I can't see any of the lords not getting a legendary, whether it's Micaiah, Leif, etc.

2 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

That's one way of looking at it. Another way to look at it is that IS finally realized that none of their OC ever did anything legendary, and that it was a mistake to call the frozen sisters legendary. As such they decided that all OCs will come in regular banners from now on, so that only people worthy can be legendary FROM NOW ON.

We can't read IS's minds though, so we don't know if this is really true.

I wouldn't consider Eirika as comparable to Ephraim in general though, not just in story involvement.

Then you are just saying gibberish at this point. Eirika and Ephraim are the closest siblings in the entire franchise and complete eachother's stories.

Hrid, Gunthra, Fjorm, and Yglr never so much as all appear in the same scene. Two of them (Hrid and Yglr) are completely irrelevant to the plot, and the other two could be replaced by literal objects (a compass and an offering).

Nope.

Yes.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

Then you are just saying gibberish at this point. Eirika and Ephraim are the closest siblings in the entire franchise and complete eachother's stories.

Being close siblings =/= being equals. I'm close to my brothers, but I would hardly say I'm equal to them. They're much better than me.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

Yes.

lol

Edited by Anacybele

while i love a good debate (and i mean I can't participate because I dont know much about RD (thus i can't argue more about what Elincia does (Pls don't tell me, i've been skipping that bit), or Sacred Stones. this is the way i see it. 

Legendary just means a cool new weapon and skills and the "Lord" version (or just a cool variation) of something IS wants to try. I don't know nor understand why it needs to be justified. it's just another new unit. Which you can get or not get. (and if you get it looks like a lot of the skills (ie: atk solo?) can be transferred into a unit you do  like I didn't even know who Hrid is (and i've practically forgotten) but if people like him, and he becomes Legendary - then you know eventually that will happen. I don't know why he deserves to be, and I don't care. it would be a unit that people want. Same with Eirika. now I like her, I don't care that she's Legendary. it's just an arbitrary title. for me it's a cool new character that comes once every three months or so. and I can hopefully get a few copies so i can have a nice little powerful horsey sword person. (and if the game is nice to me, if i could get Ephiriam at the same time, then it's sort of like. and. go."

if Elincia becomes a Legendary as I like her art then that's a YAY too.  that's how it should be. and if you don't, then there are a lot of other things to do (ie: save orbs for the new banners)