Feh Channel on the 10th 3pm PT

Jingle Jangle

What is a scythe going to be for a weapon type? Axe?

Feh Channel was whatever, after Book II how could anyone expect anything worthwile from their writing team? Tickets are there to motivate players into spending more orbs, the Metal song was just.... weird and didn't add much. Being different for differences sake, I guess, like "Hey guys, you didn't like Book II? Don't worry, this is totally different its darker, cooler and more hardcore!". Not looking forward to 3-movement flyers (I don't mind Tibarn, tho), I won't care for the new elements, I'll stay open for a better story, but have zero expectations left and.... well, that's it. Not a whole lot, as expected from 10 minutes.

Still curious about what will break me and my stubborn franchise love, but this was rather harmless compared to Aether Raids. I just wish I weren't so indifferent to it all.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized that Tibarn's 3 movement range is due to a movement range buff he has that appears to activate at the same time as his transformation.

I wonder if transforming is linked to starting a turn with your Special fully charged.

3 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

What is a scythe going to be for a weapon type? Axe?

Surtr’s Sinmara was already a scythe-like axe, so I don’t expect anything different here either.

Edited by Vaximillian

Oh great, an entirely different type of heroes in Mythic Heroes.

Eir the flying dagger unit - wonder how useful she'd be for those F2P guides.

Beast units - gotta wait until I see how the transformation mechanics work. They already have to work with the fact that they're melee units that are in the color triangle. They'd make a splash due to novelty/newness for sure but they likely wouldn't really have any longevity if none of them were to be available at 3-4* (though it likely wouldn't make much of a difference at this point due to how bloated the regular summoning pool is).

3 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I'm really annoyed that they showed beast units but didn't bother showing the important thing, which is how they actually worked 

Probably because we won't actually get them until January~

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I'm really annoyed that they showed beast units but didn't bother showing the important thing, which is how they actually worked 

It's a teaser for a banner that's a month away, and this was a Feh Channel about Book 3, not beast units.

So... Mythic Heroes. This just became Pokemon, guys.

I'm glad to see beast units and the free character, though I am seriously concerned about the whole Embla, Bruno, and Veronica arc. I'm definitely going to ask in feedback if they could consider addressing it in paralogues.

Also, did anyone else think that the two generals looked like Dark Sharena and Dark Alfonse? I almost expected Askr was being invaded by an alternate Askr

Edited by Arcphoenix

1 minute ago, Arcphoenix said:

Also, did anyone else think that the two generals looked like Dark Sharena and Dark Alfonse? I almost expected Askr was being invaded by an alternate Askr

I figured that they were an explicit Thracia 776 reference, what with their names and all. Líf is Leif and Thrasir is Thracia. I thought that was really cool. Maybe another Thracia banner sometime soon?

Also, Hel doesn't blink.

9 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

We've been over this already. Lif was mentioned to be the first king of Askr during the Aether Raids intro dialogue. Thrasir is likely to be the first queen of Embla, given her hair's resemblance to Veronica's. Both of them are long dead, hence the semi-transparent glowy gooey parts of their body and why they work for Hel.

5 minutes ago, indigoceans said:

I figured that they were an explicit Thracia 776 reference, what with their names and all. Líf is Leif and Thrasir is Thracia. I thought that was really cool. Maybe another Thracia banner sometime soon?

Lif and Thrasir are explicit references to Lif and Lifthrasir of Norse mythology, the only human survivors of Ragnarok.

Thracia happens to be a real-life place (much like a lot of the locations in Jugdral) on the Balkan peninsula and is only coincidentally similar in spelling.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Metal music, the undead, and waifus? Is Book III going to mislead everyone into thinking it's something serious and dark only to reveal that it's actually about idol music? :p

Now we just need a random, but totally awesome rap battle and Book III will be a 12/10.

Seriously though, the music was pretty cheesy.

Book 3 is leaning way too hard into the edge and it's hilarious. Love it, in a "so bad it's good" kind of way.

Hype for Tibarn and Nailah. The tickets thing could be cool depending on the implementation. And Mythical Heroes are just Legendary Heroes under another name, it seems?

But my expectations were pretty low so maybe I'm just easy to impress.

Oh my gosh. So, on the artwork advertising Book 3, it's pretty easy to spot all the featured characters. But the white gem in Alfonse's sword is glowing the same blue as Lif's torso. What a nice touch! Not sure if anyone else noticed that the red magic Thrasir uses looks the same as the magic Veronica uses in the first opening movie to close the portal to our world, either.

Well I said beast units would make the channel for me, and wow did they not disappoint!  Tibarn looks awesome, and Nailah too!?  2 of my favorites, and I am glad they went with the laguz to debut beasts as they were such a big part of the whole Tellius saga.  I am excited to see how they end up working, it is so cool they transform as well.  

New trailer was not as exciting as the book 3 one, however I am very pleased with the direction they went with Hel.  They could of just made her some super hot goth chick, but instead they actually made her genuinely creepy and disturbing looking.  Eir the solemn princess we get for free, artistically looks beautiful,very well done.  I am not as much a fan of the other new OCs, Adult Veronica and Dark Alfonse (Yeah I know that isn't who they really are), the design is just....over embellished and a bit hokey to me. 

The music.  Good metal is frickin' awesome, unfortunately this isn't good metal.  Just very bland and generic.  Please don't judge all metal by this trailer.  

I hope storywise while the concept is interesting, that the writing is much more detailed and of much higher quality. 

Having 4 new blessings is fine...sorta.  I do not like that they will be tied to Aether raid bonuses.  I really liked how we had almost no restrictions in team building with Aether raids, this will likely mean having to include a mythic unit of whatever blessing is in season along with blessing certain heroes with this.  Can they have a mythic and legendary blessing?  It is costly to erase and replace.

I think the new banner is just this Herofest.  After all it feature the first mythic hero which is brand new.  This is my best shot to get more Lewyns...and he is the +10 dream for me.  However beasts and new xmas (likely super broken) units are coming too, tough decisions to be made.  The free ticket thing is smart.  You can' t use it on your free summon, so at the very least you will be entering 2 circles.  With Forging bonds 3 or maybe more.  The temptation to finish out the circle or pull certain colors is there, so I think generally people will be putting more orbs into banners they normally wouldn't summon on.

6 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Book 3 is leaning way too hard into the edge and it's hilarious. Love it, in a "so bad it's good" kind of way.

Hype for Tibarn and Nailah. The tickets thing could be cool depending on the implementation. And Mythical Heroes are just Legendary Heroes under another name, it seems?

But my expectations were pretty low so maybe I'm just easy to impress.

This is basically my feelings on it. It's a mess, but so far it's a pretty funny mess. And I stopped hoping for anything other than beasts after the 10 minute length was announced, so confirmation of beasts is all I really need to be happy with it.

Looks like people are taking the reveal pretty well compared to the doom and gloom of prior to the broadcast.

Guess they felt better once they stepped out and got some Eir.

Spoiler

I would have waited to post that in a few hours once the game was live, but I need to step out for a class and I'll probably forget.

Yay! I'm cautiously optimistic (cause writing issues) but I loved this!

Unlike some people, I wasn't expecting anything crazy because we just got Aether Raids/issues are more recent/development time, so I think it definitely delivered in terms of a quality book 3 update + a teaser for beast units!!

The new characters look awesome, LOVE Hel's design. At first I was like, "What?" in the 3-D, but seeing the actual 2D art, I was like, "OMG, AWESOME!" Love the other two generals of the realm as well, the designs are a bit over the top and creepy but in a way I find intriguing. I also really like Eir's design, but hoping her personality is at least somewhat decent and no Fjorm! Though I also agree a Male protagonist OC would be nice to add, another princess is great, but Hrid was my favorite.

Excited Beast Units are coming, but didn't expect them until January/February anyways, so I'm more whatever about them, but curious to see how they work in the next update, which might gives us something more interesting. And at the very least, new unit types means new strategies and new ways to beat content, so I'm excited to play around with them when they come.

Mystic heroes is just another name to differentiate between the OG 4 elements and the new 4 elements (glad it's more than just Dark/Light!) so idk why everyone's weird about the name. They haven't been the BEST with naming things and at least we won't have any more debates about who "deserves" to be mystic cause it's just a silly modifier.

Summon tickets are nice! I'll always take new ways to get free pulls, and like that they expire cause it forces me to pull on banners a bit more for more fodder. =D 

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Guess they felt better once they stepped out and got some Eir.

This made me die laughing. Thank you. XD

I believe this is somewhat appropriate...

Spoiler

Sharena is dead.

This gives Alfonse further shock. 

Heavy metal music, the overall “edgy” factor...and Líf looking like a Mirage Chrom knock-off...bring in the TMS characters or...at the very least the Mirages themselves since they’d fit in so well with the theme. 

So, they’ll finally bring in some beast units and...poor Tibarn will most likely be the first victim of powecreep in a year or so...

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's a dagger. You can see the colorless dagger icon next to her sprite.

Enemy movement is turned off by default. There is an option to turn it on.

1 hour ago, Mackc2 said:

one of the settings makes the enemy move like this, and that is definitely a dagger icon 

damn my speed bane

For some reason I missed the dagger icon.  Not sure why I forgot icons displayed on the map, not just the unit status.

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Oigh, I just realized a thing... I guess they didn't make it to Valhalla, and so were unworthy or something. Dang. Too bad for them...

AH! That reminds me of a theory I had! That is, Hel being a goddess, and Valhalla being a paralleling deity who will be introduced later (though I was expecting the mission to stop Hel from overstepping her bounds and taking people who weren't destined to her realm to come from her, it looks like it's coming from Hel's daughter instead. ...Who the heck is Eir's dad? Maybe Valhalla isn't a sibling of Hel's, but her husband? Maybe that means that Eir has a sibling who serves their dad?)

That sounds a lot like Grambi and Queen Jaydes from Super Paper Mario.

I'm disappointed with the direction overall. I guess I'm still hoping for something more like a traditional Fire Emblem game.

Edited by Tree

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Hopefully this makes people stop shortening Eirika’s name.

NEVER!

38 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Metal music, the undead, and waifus? Is Book III going to mislead everyone into thinking it's something serious and dark only to reveal that it's actually about idol music? :p

You have no idea how much I would unironically love that.

Anyway, actually kind of surprised how positive this whole topic has been given all the pessimism previously. Personally, it wasn't a letdown, which is good, but it also didn't exceed my expectations in any way. It's astounding how on the nose it was.

Eir's design is pretty so glad she's the free one. Hel's design is growing on me, and very glad they followed through with making her a her. The other two, ugh. And yeah, no on the music. I love me some Sabbath and I'm not fundamentally opposed to the other subgenres, but why couldn't it have been some operatic apocalypse or A Day In The Life type stuff? The story looks like a story.

Tibarn and Nailah are cool. They aren't my favorite Laguz, but they're certainly not my last choices, so I won't complain.

Mythic Heroes were a bit disappointing, but hey tickets and Lewyn. My 26 orbs are ready.

I think my biggest takeaway from this was how much better Alphonse and Sharena always look in the movies than they do in their art. Why can't they look that good in the game?

All in all, not bad, not amazing, so I'll take it.