FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

1 hour ago, LSM said:

Hmmm... maybe if a Sunday has the icon, you get to do it for free?

In the E3 Treehouse presentation we saw Dining and Choir Practise take action points... and checking the calendar... ahh, no. Dining is on there. So the icon doesn't give you a free go.

Maybe... you get a free try at the beginning of the game? But no, this Byleth has 3 action points and are in the 9th month.

Interesting...

(And honestly, being free of actions points is probably the only way I'd do it.)

I'd assume lures cost money(it seems that way too), and that's how they limit it rather than with the venture gauge.

... but then again fish can be sold for money. So I'm not too sure.

Edited by Cysx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it interesting how quiet Japan side has been.

Ironically how market emphasis just turned in just a week, how people used to complain about NoA "Doing nothing", but now it's NoA/NoE pushing all the hype and marketing campaigns.

20 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Ironically how market emphasis just turned in just a week, how people used to complain about NoA "Doing nothing", but now it's NoA/NoE pushing all the hype and marketing campaigns.

Well, between all the Twitter info, Famitsu articles (with one more coming), overview trailer, and the half-dozen commercials, I'd say they've more than carried their load and don't really have to do a whole lot else.

44 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Well, between all the Twitter info, Famitsu articles (with one more coming), overview trailer, and the half-dozen commercials, I'd say they've more than carried their load and don't really have to do a whole lot else.

It's still pretty interesting that they didn't take their time a little bit so that there could be a more continuous stream of info towards the end. Could have been an off week too, I've stopped trying to guess.

I'd assume the japanese press is giving the game ample coverage as well though, so it's unlikely the japanese playerbase feels left behind.

When cooking, taste isn't all there is to it. Whom to cook with is also an important factor. "Cooking together" at the canteen is an activity where you choose a cooking partner and use ingredients you gathered from strolling and fishing to create something. Depending on the ingredients, cooking also has the benefit of raising some of your allies' stats.

[Beast King Steak]
Steak made from Duscur Bear. Grants HP +3 to all allies. (Effect lasts throughout the current season). Req. Duscur Bear x 1

Dedue: "...I like cooking."
"Yes."
"...Hm. Looks like you have a knack for this."
"Ohh."
[All allies gained HP +3 temporarily!]

3 hours ago, Timlugia said:

With all Twitter posts, Famitsu articles, all the JP trailers and the game being on top of listings like Amazon JP and #1 on the JP E-Shop they've been everything BUT quiet.

11 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

Thete have barely been any Japanese articles or tweets in the last week though, which is what Timlugia was talking about.

Because it doesn't need it at this point as the marketing is strong already and Famitsu and other JP outlets will have their reviews out soon.

[Beast King Steak]
Steak made from Duscur Bear. Grants HP +3 to all allies. (Effect lasts throughout the current season). Req. Duscur Bear x 1

That is an unexpected benefit from killing the giant monsters in this game.

But shit, I'm down for some BBQ monster meat.

18 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

Thete have barely been any Japanese articles or tweets in the last week though, which is what Timlugia was talking about.

It's evident that there are a couple of different approaches to the advertising of the game between Japan and the west.

NoJ banks on the fact that their fans on the local end and a lot of the more dedicated fans will be hungry for as much information as possible leading up to the release of the game.  And then when it comes close to the time of release, they keep relative silence until right before the game releases to let the fans' hype bottle up and fester over.

NoA and NoE meanwhile know there are still lots of people who are more casual or haven't even played on their side.  To reveal so much information for them will wear them down and dissuade non-fans from getting the game, particularly because this isn't the only franchise they're advertising.  Also, it's typical of the western side to frontload advertising not long before a game's release, or else to only provide information at special events (like E3) because they know that's when they'll get the most attention.

It's different methods to get at different audiences.  East and West are not the same, and they recognize this so they cater to each side's way of thinking.

11 minutes ago, berriicoco said:

Famitsu said last week that they’ll have a big blowout soon. I totally forgot if it’ll be this week or next week though. 

They do issues biweekly, so it'll probably be the week of release.

At this point, I don't even care too much because we're so close to the game's release.  And I don't know if they'll even reveal anything interesting for their big blowout.

During combat, whether or not a "Follow-up attack" (a double attack) occurs depends on the difference between the units' "Attack Speeds". Attack Speed is based on a unit's "Speed" and the weight of their equipment, and weapons with high attack power tend to be heavy and lower your Attack Speed. Picking a weapon with low power but light weight could be a good idea.

*uses Steel Bow, doesn't double*
Ashe: "Yes! I'll do my best!"
*uses Iron Bow, doubles and kills*
Ashe: "I need to prepare for the next enemy."

Ashe's ASpd jumps from 4 to 9 when he switches from the Steel Bow to Iron. Quite a huge jump there.

As I understand using a Combat Art removes follow-ups. So Steel would be worth it there.

(And if there's any sort of forging system to decrease weapon weight on a higher base atk weapon.)

This came at a good time, since I just found information that conclusively proves my idea for the Attack Speed formula. It's in this GameInformer video. At 7:02, we can see that Byleth has 6 AS when using an Iron Sword. At 8:13, Byleth levels up and we see that before leveling up her Str was 14 and her Spd was 9 (and this alone proves that the "Con" is dynamic, because she has 2 here opposed to 4 in the King of Beasts footage). During her level up, she gains 1 Str and 1 Spd, and we see later at 9:56 that her AS went up to 8, 2 more than before. By plugging in the numbers, we can see that AS=Speed-(Weapon Weight - Strength/5) works perfectly if you round down. This isn't related to the formula, but we can also see that an Iron Axe has 8 mt, 65 Hit, and 7 wt.

I wonder why they didnt made a bio for at least Rodriguez and Anna. My fear is, Rodriguez is not important as we thought, or that he got cut. 

As for Anna, yeah shes just the black market seller again,but shes the series maskot and also has a crest.

32 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

I wonder why they didnt made a bio for at least Rodriguez and Anna. My fear is, Rodriguez is not important as we thought, or that he got cut. 

As for Anna, yeah shes just the black market seller again,but shes the series maskot and also has a crest.

Anna having a crest would be neat since we don't know what the one on her outfit is at all but would be a waste if we can't see it in action.