FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

I was expecting to not like Lynhardt. He looked like a total snob who would be completely detestable. But honestly, he seems like the most relatable character in the series so far for me with his lazy and laidback attitude but picking up the slack and getting so focused on his work that he even forgets his basic needs like sleeping or eating when it comes to something he’s interested in.

A big favorite for sure.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like him a lot more than I thought I would tbh, his personality is a mood. I like his relation with Casper as well. If I were to recruit two units from each house for the Blue Lions, him and Casper and Lysithea and Marianne would be it.

Thani spoilers:

Spoiler

While I would hope he’s not the only gay option, I mind it a lot less knowing what his character is like

Edited by Azz

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

I was definitely not expecting the kind of personality that he has.  I was expecting snobbish, uptight... instead, he's a snooze who's incredibly carefree, virtually the opposite of what I expected.  It was mostly the look on his face in his portrait... I guess you can't judge a book by its cover.

I might end up liking him.  I know I liked Mitama, who was similarly sleepy and carefree.

Just because someone is lazy and chafes at restraints does not preclude them from being a fastidious, uptight jerk. 

And based on Linhardt's dialogue with Caspar and general well-kempt appearance I'd venture that he'd fall more into that personality. Think less happy-go-lucky lay-about, and more classic Dandy: "a man who places particular importance upon physical appearance, refined language, and leisurely hobbies, pursued with the appearance of nonchalance in a cult of self." Regard Oscar Wilde or Lord Byron.

Edited by LSM

Just now, Book Bro said:

He has potential, but I gotta say I expected more from Lyn and Reinhardt's love child.

Really hoping there's a mounted magic class for him.

Mounted magic classes are a curious topic. I've heard differing theories about whether they will exist or not. Some people say only magic classes (mages, priests, dark mages etc) can use magic, and we haven't seen any advanced classes that would use magic by default so either they don't exist or magic isn't as exclusive as we currently believe. I sure want to believe there will be though. Especially with such a flexible class system, it would be downright bizarre if all non-infantry mages were removed from the game.

9 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Mounted magic classes are a curious topic. I've heard differing theories about whether they will exist or not. Some people say only magic classes (mages, priests, dark mages etc) can use magic, and we haven't seen any advanced classes that would use magic by default so either they don't exist or magic isn't as exclusive as we currently believe. I sure want to believe there will be though. Especially with such a flexible class system, it would be downright bizarre if all non-infantry mages were removed from the game.

There are two Advanced classes that could use magic at the very end of the list. Looks like a Sage and Bishop to me.

The big question is what kind of Ultimate/Supreme classes exist? Will there be Mage Knight, Dark Flier and/or Baron (so we can wield magic while riding, flying or armoured)? Or a class that excels in dark magic (since there doesn't seem to be one in the Advanced tier)?

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

There are two Advanced classes that could use magic at the very end of the list. Looks like a Sage and Bishop to me.

The big question is what kind of Ultimate/Supreme classes exist? Will there be Mage Knight, Dark Flier and/or Baron (so we can wield magic while riding, flying or armoured)? Or a class that excels in dark magic (since there doesn't seem to be one in the Advanced tier)?

Ah, should have been more specific, I meant advanced classes that are known hybrids like Malig Knights or Dark Knights. They did mention a Warlock which sounded like an advanced dark magic user but I couldn't place that from the sprites on the advanced class section, so it, among other interesting classes, may be the super special awesome tier that people speculate about.

There wouldn't really be much reason to include one class that excels in Dark Magic in the Dark Mage class just to leave it in Intermediate tier and not have any sort of promoted class in Advanced or Master. I think that both Dark Mage and Pegasus Knight will be treated in a similar sort of way to the Lord clsss where their true "promotion" isn't in Advanced Tier but in Master. 

I can totally see really different and unique magic and physical hybrids of different mov types in Master; since we don't have much of that stuff atm and it'd be a huge waste to not see classes like that come to fruition. 

23 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

There wouldn't really be much reason to include one class that excels in Dark Magic in the Dark Mage class just to leave it in Intermediate tier and not have any sort of promoted class in Advanced or Master. I think that both Dark Mage and Pegasus Knight will be treated in a similar sort of way to the Lord clsss where their true "promotion" isn't in Advanced Tier but in Master. 

I can totally see really different and unique magic and physical hybrids of different mov types in Master; since we don't have much of that stuff atm and it'd be a huge waste to not see classes like that come to fruition. 

That brings me the question, do we know how exactly magic works? If a unit learns a Dark Mage spell, will he keep it when maybe later on he reclasses to Sage? Or are spells learn and then "forgotten" until you come back to that class?

2 minutes ago, timon said:

That brings me the question, do we know how exactly magic works? If a unit learns a Dark Mage spell, will he keep it when maybe later on he reclasses to Sage? Or are spells learn and then "forgotten" until you come back to that class?

I think if a unit learns a dark magic spell through levelling up their reason rank, that spell will be able to be used when the unit is in any class where they can use reason magic. Dark Mage gives the user access to Miasma Delta spell, so I presume that if the unit didn't unlock that spell through their reason rank changing classes will result in not being able to use Miasma Delta. For example if Hubert(who I presume will get Dark Magic spells through levelling his reason rank), learns say Flux through levelling reason, and then Miasma Delta from the Dark Mage class, becoming a Sage will result in Hubert still having Flux but not Miasma Delta. I can imagine units like Hubert; Lysithea and maybe Marianne having access to some Dark Magic spells but it's probably gonna be a lot more wide spread, there's gonna be a LOT of Reason spells I can tell.

43 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

can totally see really different and unique magic and physical hybrids of different mov types in Master; since we don't have much of that stuff atm and it'd be a huge waste to not see classes like that come to fruition. 

The one issue I could see with that is, how are the professor levels requirements going to work for such hybrid classes? You can't expect pure mages to have built up their riding or flying skills, nor can you expect mounted units to have any proficiency in reason and faith magic that they cannot use at all.

The most practical way I could see is a low riding/flying requirement and high reason/faith one, but it's difficult to say for sure if the final tier of classes will be that lenient, especially considering any requirement we've been shown has been completely linear up until now.

28 minutes ago, Cysx said:

The one issue I could see with that is, how are the professor levels requirements going to work for such hybrid classes? You can't expect pure mages to have built up their riding or flying skills, nor can you expect mounted units to have any proficiency in reason and faith magic that they cannot use at all.

The most practical way I could see is a low riding/flying requirement and high reason/faith one, but it's difficult to say for sure if the final tier of classes will be that lenient, especially considering any requirement we've been shown has been completely linear up until now.

I guess since you are able to see all the classes from the get-go you are able to see what you need to do to get there?

3 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I guess since you are able to see all the classes from the get-go you are able to see what you need to do to get there?

Yeah, I suppose that's true.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Does Linhardt have a crest? He's a noble, so I'd assume so. 

Probably. He's the heir of his family and crests usually decide a heir.

Unfortunately, only Famitsu and other gaming magazines provide information on crests. We haven't had a Famitsu article for a few weeks now and the other magazines are slower than Famitsu.

4 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Unfortunately, only Famitsu and other gaming magazines provide information on crests. We haven't had a Famitsu article for a few weeks now and the other magazines are slower than Famitsu.

Are we not due a Famitsu preview tomorrow for a new 3H article?

4 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Based on the pattern, I'm pretty confident we'll get a preview tomorrow, and normally the previews always show the page with character info, so hopefully we'll know by tomorrow.

55 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Are we not due a Famitsu preview tomorrow for a new 3H article?

At this time its definitely tommorow we're getting a preview and I'm predicting we'll get 2 more after this one coming.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

7 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

At this time its definitely tommorow we're getting a preview and I'm predicting we'll get 2 more after this one coming.

I'd prefer if we got one more after this, we'll definitely get more timeskip details next article after they reveal all the students bios this week, they'll probably give us some post-timeskip designs in that one to "replace" the bios for the students, I really hope they don't go too spoilery tho. As long as I get some info on magic and the Hero Relics and maybe some Advanced Classes I'll be a happy bunny.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

4 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I'd prefer if we got one more after this, we'll definitely get more timeskip details next article after they reveal all the students bios this week, they'll probably give us some post-timeskip designs in that one to "replace" the bios for the students, I really hope they don't go too spoilery tho.As long as I get some info on magic and the Hero Relics I'll be a happy bunny.

1-2 more at max after is a likely given as the time window till release is very small now. I want to see more timeskip designs and more on the heroes relics as well. 

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold