Forging Bonds: Power's Den (May 10th)

It's funny seeing Fjorm as the only one in this forging bonds (at least from what I've seen so far). They're making up for not giving her any characterization in book 2, maybe.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another excellent FB story so far. This one seems a lot more personal, which makes sense given the troubled nature of the characters in question.

Also nice that Fjorm is the OC that pretty much takes center stage.

Remember that Forging Bonds where Kiran creeped into the dreams of the Nifl royal family to feast on their inner thoughts?

Heeeeee's baaaaaaaaack.

jk, Kiran has no explicit or implicit role in this story. See how much difference it makes when you don't shoehorn the avatar into a story about other characters?

So far, Tiki's story has been a bit meh to me. Berkut has been amazingly crazy and I love it. Not had any of Corrin's or Mareeta's yet, but from the starting one, I'm expecting Mareeta's to be good. Still wish Corrin didn't look so... eh. I wish she looked properly beserked like Mareeta and Berkut -.-

It's pretty good so far actually and all my beasts get their turn in the spotlight. It's fun watching them tear it up too.

FB Spoilers inside:

Spoiler

Marreta in this FB: MURDER DEATH KILL CRUSH DESTROY RAAAAAAAAAAAAA- Oh, what have I done?

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself, I found it pretty funny honestly. I've also gotten to her S-Rank already in my attempts to get the tokens.

Corrin also getting to be the mediator across these really gives the sense that she's the most in control of herself.

Kiran is likely involved by the end sadly, been mentioned a few times (Mareeta's A where he's specifically mentioned as someone she doesn't want to kill (I mean, I wouldn't want to be killed either but getting mentioned feels weird), he's being brought up in the All-B)

Fallen Berkut: Not all heroes are blessed.

Me: True. I only give blessings to units I plan on using in elemental teams. No sense in wasting those resources.

But seriously, does this mean we'll get a Fallen Fjorm sometime? That'd be neat! Maybe she'll be all icy and spiky or something. Rite of Frost and all that.

5 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Fallen Berkut: Not all heroes are blessed.

Me: True. I only give blessings to units I plan on using in elemental teams. No sense in wasting those resources.

But seriously, does this mean we'll get a Fallen Fjorm sometime? That'd be neat! Maybe she'll be all icy and spiky or something. Rite of Frost and all that.

would that be her after whatever illness she has takes effect?

Perhaps they should have replaced the music. The usual cheery forging bonds song sounds so odd when its accompanied by Berkut screaming for his girlfriend or Corrin crying over not being able to protect people. 

But other than that its quite good. I don't think anyone expected Askr to have a forest of the damned and Fjorm could use the attention. 

Nice converstions so far, form what I've seen. Corrin has yet to speak to me, though.

Thus, I have all the Accessories besides hers~ The flower is a bit lower on the character's head than I would have thought it'd be~

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't think anyone expected Askr to have a forest of the damned

Maybe they are in Hel right now? Or this was during Hel's invasion a little earlier in the story and Hel's influence corrupted nearby forests?

There may be a recurring theme of character seeing the summoner as the ultimate hope for bringing their loved ones to Askr only to shot down by Anna telling them that the summoner has no control over whom they summon and even if said unit is summoned, there's no guarantee that that unit is the same one the character knew.

First Sue and now Berkut.

41 minutes ago, XRay said:

Maybe they are in Hel right now? Or this was during Hel's invasion a little earlier in the story and Hel's influence corrupted nearby forests?

That's very possible. Interestingly Fjrom already seemed to know Mareeta from before she went crazy. 

Not gonna lie this has got to be my favorite Forging bonds event so far. You really do feel bad for each character and see how the power they've all have is so much of a detriment to them rather than a blessing. I especially love Berkut's role in all of this cause unlike everyone else who either can't control their power, are unaware of it, or didn't ask for it. He is exact opposite. He relishes in his power drunken madness and knows full well how to use the power he's been given. This makes him an excellent foil to all the other heroes which creates some interesting and unique character interaction that is honestly some of the best writing this game has seen.

Spoiler

Not gonna lie, I liked how in Tiki's route her adult self stepped in. The two finally get to interact! Now when will adult Tiki and Marth finally talk?

Also, this sorta reminds me how I want more crossover interactions like this. Maybe have mixed game banners from time to time for FB.

Edited by NoirCore
This ain't Discord

Finished the FB~ Really enjoyed this one~ A!Tiki coming to talk to F!Tiki was a really nice moment~ I also liked just how much they appeared in each other conversations, like F!Corrin and Berkut~ Really nice and the Accessories are all amazing~

I gotta admit, the writing in this one isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Though Fjorm appears to be all by herself in this weirdo forest for seemingly no real reason, so that's kind of wtf to me. But otherwise, this all actually works decently.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I gotta admit, the writing in this one isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Though Fjorm appears to be all by herself in this weirdo forest for seemingly no real reason, so that's kind of wtf to me. But otherwise, this all actually works decently.

This is the same game where the characters are in Hel's domain one second and then having a picnic outside of there the next, not to mention the last couple FB (again, the characters were in the realm of the dead at the time) were in Askr, too. Fjorm suddenly being in a scary forest is far from the first inconsistency.

They keep learning good lessons in forging bonds. First they discover that team Askr talking to the heroes beat Avatar worship and now they're experimenting with having the Forging Bonds heroes interact with each other too. They even let non forging bonds heroes appear. 

10 hours ago, NoirCore said:

This is the same game where the characters are in Hel's domain one second and then having a picnic outside of there the next, not to mention the last couple FB (again, the characters were in the realm of the dead at the time) were in Askr, too. Fjorm suddenly being in a scary forest is far from the first inconsistency.

Yes, I'm aware, but I like seasonal banners, so I can look past that there. Here in FB, not so much.

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

They keep learning good lessons in forging bonds. First they discover that team Askr talking to the heroes beat Avatar worship and now they're experimenting with having the Forging Bonds heroes interact with each other too. They even let non forging bonds heroes appear. 

The writers are LEARNING!

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I mean, not like we know what Fjorm does in her spare time. Maybe she wanted to explore a little. She's in a land where there's not just ice, snow, and more ice. 

Just as Fjorm was eager to befriend animals, she might have a desire to learn about a place that's new to her. 

This forging bonds is a pretty big drop in quality, doing this for the Edgelord banner was a mistake. They should have nixed the Picnic banner, made this a Tempest banner, and had a real banner here.  Maybe having a character struggling with their inner demons could be good in small doses, but this is edgier than a dodecahedron, and it just makes me roll my eyes rather than sympathize.  Also, I wish we got more varied accessories than just 50 different hairpins.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Also, I wish we got more varied accessories than just 50 different hairpins.

I want to see Rinea and Gunnthrá on fire too. Would have paired well with normal Berkut and Nifl siblings.