Voting Gauntlet: Marital Bonds is coming! (June 3rd)

Voting Gauntlet: Marital Bonds   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which army will you support

• Pent: Fancy Fiancé
    • Sigurd: Holy Knight
    • Bartre: Fearless Warrior
    • Quan: Luminous Lancer
    • Louise: Eternal Devotion
    • Deirdre: Lady of the Forest
    • Karla: Sword Vassal
    • Ethlyn: Spirited Princess

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/2019 at 02:59 AM

Battle-Flag-C-pia.png A new Voting Gauntlet is coming, titled "Marital Bonds"! Battle-Flag.png
yK4MzT5.png

What team will you support?

Also, a huge thanks to @DarkAlf for creating the VG Predictor. You can access it by clicking the links down below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M_W5UEWsL1opN5jjUVp0Jr0hGdoh86ldp3trlZcCSdc/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IqD9a3cDDEBh4gmtJ_rWNtlyp34oWBF6Bv7XYuWf5Y8/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• Diovani Bressan changed the title to Voting Gauntlet: Marital Bonds is coming! (June 3rd)
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigurd/Dierdre and Quan/Ethlin seem like the best remaining picks to me. Abel/Est and Alm/Celica are possible but I don't think they'd fit as well.

If bride banners are anything to go by Eliwood/Ninian would be safest. Then either Chrome/Bridelia or Bridelyn/Hector. But either of these would be risky move. 

So I expect Sigurd/Deidre & Batre/Karla instead. 

And they still haven't released Tatiana and Zeke. This is a crime a hideous crime! 

Well I will go for Sigurd/Deirdre, Bartre/Karla optional if they are involved. But I guess Ninian/Eliwood also would make sense...  

Edited by Stroud

I can't wait for the sh*tstorm from Fiora/Eliwood and Lyn/Eliwood fans if Ninian and Eliwood are in the gauntlet.

Anyway, a couple you are not considering but makes perfect sense for the gauntlet is Naesala/Leanne. They get married.

Pretty limited amount of canon marriages in FEH to choose from. This is the full list I could think of, and that's assuming the "only pairing for said character that mentions marriage" in Echoes means its a canon marriage 

Pent/Louise
Neasala/Leanne
Bartre/Karla
Marth/Caeda
Sigurd/Deirdre
Arvis/Deirdre (boy that would be an awkward one to include)
Quan/Ethlyn
Alm/Celica
Boey/Mae
Gray/Clair
Clive/Mathilda
Sothe/Micaiah (technically speaking you can break up this potential marriage, but if you do nothing they get married and is thus the default)

Eliwood/Ninian is "everyone who isn't blindly shipping knows the game very well hammers in the point that they get married but never officially says it or makes it default" status, which means technically speaking its never officially confirmed so I don't think they'll show up. Chrom/Sumia is in the same boat. 

Assuming preference towards pairings with at least one unit in a wedding outfit, we have Pent/Louise and Marth/Caeda as locked in units (conveniently both units in both pairings have wedding outfits). That leaves us with 2 more pairings from the list to go with, which nicely makes up a banner so I'm going to assume no GHB/TT units are going to make the cut. I'm going to guess Sigurd/Deirdre and Alm/Celica. Bartre/Karla leaves us with well... Bartre on the banner which really hurts potential profits. Same boat for Boey/Mae and Gray/Clair. The only other really viable option assuming they go for max profits is Micaiah/Sothe because Micaiah is still excellent for AR and Sothe isn't horrible, and it would make the banner have no colour sharing. But I think they're fine with a 3 red unit banner. 

Edited by TheNiddo

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

I can't wait for the sh*tstorm from Fiora/Eliwood and Lyn/Eliwood fans if Ninian and Eliwood are in the gauntlet.

How many of the first are there? It's the second group I belong to BTW. Though the nice thing about Elyn is that its support chain can be a nice friendship too, and friendship is a nice thing to develop before romance. Elinian and Eliora are purely romantic in tone, they can't be interpreted any other way.

Expecting can lead to disappointment, and it doesn't really matter much other than nominal representation, so I don't have them for this. The representation I'm more concerned about is New Heroes (and increasingly new heroes on Seasonals now, which I've mixed feelings towards) and who gets alts. 

Sigurd and Deirdre need to be in this one! I'm totally Team Sigurd!

@TheNiddo What about Leif and Nanna? I just thought of them since they have a BHB going right now. I think they're a canon couple, aren't they?

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Sigurd and Deirdre need to be in this one! I'm totally Team Sigurd!

@TheNiddo What about Leif and Nanna? I just thought of them since they have a BHB going right now. I think they're a canon couple, aren't they?

You can pair Leif and Nanna with whoever you want in FE4, but FE5 does confirm that Leif canonically marries Nanna after the war, so yes, they are a canon couple

I think Pent and Louise, Caeda and Marth are bound to happen due to having bridal alts. The other two pairs will probably be a canonical pairing. For game variety I think it won't be from FE7 or Archanae. This leaves us with SoV, Jugdral, Tellius, Awakening and Fates. 

For SoV, the best candidate is Alm and Celica due to being five star exclusives, popular characters and good units. For Jugdral, I think Sigurd and Deirdre are the best candidates due to being five star exclusives. Quan and Ethlyn can work as well due to Quan being five star exclusive. For Tellius, the only canonical marriage that is possible right now in Heroes is Micaiah and Sothe or Naesala and Leanne. 

Don't think Awakening and Fates have fixed pairings because of the matchup system in those games so I think we will get one from Jugdral and one from Tellius. 

The fact Quan wasn't on Leif and Nanna BHB makes me think they are saving him for the VG banner so him and Ethlyn are probably going to happen. I think Alm and Celica are far more desirable than Micaiah and Sothe. 

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Sigurd/Dierdre and Quan/Ethlin seem like the best remaining picks to me. Abel/Est and Alm/Celica are possible but I don't think they'd fit as well.

Are you sure they'd put in four characters from the same continent? They usually try to spread things around hence Robin not being a tactician because Awakening was already represented by F!Morgan. The exception to this was the Clashing Thunderers gauntlet with four Friege characters but then again, Friege is associated with lightning. 

I have a feeling it will be a mix of both bride units and non-bride units. Bride Caeda and Groom Marth are obvious, likewise with Groom Pent and Bride Louise. As for non bride units, I can see Sigurd and Deirdre as well as Quan and Ethlyn.

7 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You can pair Leif and Nanna with whoever you want in FE4, but FE5 does confirm that Leif canonically marries Nanna after the war, so yes, they are a canon couple

I see, they can work then.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see, they can work then.

But they already have a banner. I guess that can give us a 2 person VG banner which would be dope if you want those particular units but not for IS who'd rather more characters on banners to maximize profits. 

Edited by Icelerate

I'm hoping that whoever the pairs are, they're not going to give us banners with units you can normally pull as 3-star if they can avoid it. The tacticians banner was kind of unavoidable, because we don't have THAT many "tactician" characters, but married couples seems to have a decent amount of 5-star exclusives they can work with. Sigurd and Deirdre are both 5-stars who aren't even available in the normal pool anymore, as are Alm and Celica. Those two would be good options. Assuming Pent and Louise are a lock, I think the next best option would be Quan/Ethlyn or Bartre/Karla, because at least one of those is a 5-star exclusive.

Eliwood/Ninian and things like that aren't actually canon, so they have no business being on here.

7 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

But they already have a banner. I guess that can give us a 2 person VG banner which would be dope if you want those particular units but not for IS who'd rather more characters on banners to maximize profits. 

Already having a banner doesn't mean anything. IS has used characters in gauntlets and stuff that already had banners before.

If the devs really wanted to mess with us, this would have Genny/Saber as a couple.  Or Luke/Wrys. ?

IMO Quan/Ethlyn would probably be the safest from Jugdral.

(h-hey, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE WITH MY FAVORITE EMOJI?!)

One nice thing about Quan/Ethlin is that it'd mean a Quan rerun, probably on a small banner. I've been meaning to pick him up next time he shows up, so that'd be nice.

24 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm hoping that whoever the pairs are, they're not going to give us banners with units you can normally pull as 3-star if they can avoid it. The tacticians banner was kind of unavoidable, because we don't have THAT many "tactician" characters, but married couples seems to have a decent amount of 5-star exclusives they can work with. Sigurd and Deirdre are both 5-stars who aren't even available in the normal pool anymore, as are Alm and Celica. Those two would be good options. Assuming Pent and Louise are a lock, I think the next best option would be Quan/Ethlyn or Bartre/Karla, because at least one of those is a 5-star exclusive.

Eliwood/Ninian and things like that aren't actually canon, so they have no business being on here.

Leanne and Naesala would be great like Quan and Ethlyn because it gives us a F2P option as well as a possible 5 star exclusive to roll for. If Bartre and Karla works despite Bartre being a dud, I'd argue Micaiah and Sothe works just as well because it does give us a 5 star unit. 

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If the devs really wanted to mess with us, this would have Genny/Saber as a couple.  Or Luke/Wrys. ?

Or they should make it Arvis/Deirdre. 

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Already having a banner doesn't mean anything. IS has used characters in gauntlets and stuff that already had banners before.

Any examples? 

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

One nice thing about Quan/Ethlin is that it'd mean a Quan rerun, probably on a small banner. I've been meaning to pick him up next time he shows up, so that'd be nice.

He was already on a 3 person banner when he debuted. I guess he can be on a two person banner but I wouldn't count on it. 

Edited by Icelerate