Voting Gauntlet: Headband Brawl (July 1st)

Voting Gauntlet: Headband Brawl  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What army will you support?

• Jeorge: Perfect Shot
    • Gray: Wry Comrade
    • Barst: The Hatchet
    • Tibarn: Lord of the Air
    • Sue: Doe of the Plains
    • Mia: Lady of Blades
    • Sanaki: Begnion's Apostle
    • Olivia: Sky-High Dancer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/28/2019 at 02:37 PM

This is a pretty fun theme, and there's lots of good characters to support here as well. I think I'll start on Olivia's team, because she's been one of my most used dancers in this game. If she loses I'll go to Mia or Tibarn I think.

Spoiler

dTZxNM4l.png

She got four merges by sharing the red color with Summer Tana last year on Legendary Eirika's banner. They've come in handy, especially since she has the stats to pull double duty as a Firesweep unit if the situation calls for it.

Edited by BoaFerox

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, a gauntlet I can feel some passion for!

Hm... oh god this is gonna be the time I +10 Mia... guess I'll support her then. I did like her a fair bit more than those other guys anyways...

Honestly, it was between Tiban and Gray for me. Wound up going with Tibarn. I think Ike's not on here because his headband's kind of iconic (at least to me) and so he might've been the winner. I know I would've been on his team.

As for the banners, looks like I'll be free pulling red on both. (Flying Olivia has good skills, as I recall, and I want Tibarn and Gray. I wouldn't be unhappy with a Mia pull either.)

Besides Ike, other characters who could (if they are/were in FEH) could be on this VG:

briggidcelicelevin1feejohanjohalvadaisyjannelindaasaelloaltennaOthinHalvanTaniaMartyRonanTrewdDeanEdaHomerosMishaRoyWadeLottLilinaWendyEchidnaElphinBartreHughGaleSainBartre-1GuyLegaultNino-1RossNeimiGerikSalehRennacSyreneIkeBoydVolkeMakalovTormodTanithElinciaMarciaHeatherNailahBordCordCaesarPallaCatriaEstCecilWarrenSamtoMarisGaiusChercheSay'riPriamfefates-icon-feliciafefates-icon-sakurafefates-icon-hanafefates-icon-asamafefates-icon-crimsonfefates-icon-shinonomefefates-icon-gureifefates-icon-syallafefates-icon-kamuiffefates-icon-berkafefates-icon-pierifefates-icon-florafefates-icon-soleilfefates-icon-ninaface-kamui.jpg

Circlets- anything too thin to constitute a board band, is not being counted here. Material which the headband is made of is irrelevant.

A list of explanations of some of my choices for what is and is not counted.:

Spoiler
  • Lewyn is debatable, but a hat should not be open on top I think.
  • Linda is also debatable if hairband =/ headband, but Mia and Olivia are here.
  • Tina and Fiona were excluded on grounds of their headwear being too thin to be a band, as were Shanna, Tate, and Juno and many others.
  • Homer is included because of his FE5 official art thickens the forehead fabric to the point of being able to be called a band. This is not true of other official artworks.
  • Elffin's headwear was however considered thick enough to be a band.
  • Zephiel King of Bern falls just short of qualifying.
  • Jaffar is excluded due to what appears to be prominent headband just being part of a full hood- too much to be real band.
  • Ranulf's headwear is beyond classification, hence his exclusion.
  • PoR Elincia was included due to the thick metal on the forehead, even if the strap holding it to the backside of the cranium is not a true band.
  • RD Elincia's headgear has such adornments as to classify it as a tiara or crown, and she is hence specifically excluded. Those adornments do not exist on her PoR self.
  • Reyson's headband is suspect as being a tiara as well, being Serenes royalty. Thus, he too is excluded.
  • Sanaki (and Seliph) is not excluding, on the grounds that although the headband is worn by an Empress, it is not visually such that it immediately suggests royalty.
  • Elffin is hiding in the Western Isles, so his headband I would on grounds of common sense for identity hiding, I assume to not be a tiara/crown.
  • For space and avoid a false impression of more Headbanders than there actually are, I'm limiting all PoR-RD characters to one appearance being shown above. Marcia RD was chosen because PoR classifies, but does not show the headband so clearly as her RD self, for everyone else, the headband was equally on display.
  • The directly above applies to 1/3/11/12 as well.
  • I'm at something of a loss for what Nailah is wearing on her head, but I do see what looks kinda like a band as part of it, so she will count.
  • Optional accessories do not apply, only portraits and official art. Hence the Krises do not count.
  • Marth's headband is suspect to be a tiara as well, and is thence excluded.
  • Linda's headgear having a jewel in it makes it a tiara, not a headband.
  • Yen'fay's headgear seems too close to full face-guard qualify as a headband.
  • Oboro was excluded but Shiro was not, it looked a littler thicker on him than her, enough to cross the threshold to headband territory. A close call though. Forrin just crossed the line too.

As me and doppelgängers comprise the SupreFE Court, all headband judgements are henceforth final, unless challenged and brought before us.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

@Interdimensional Observer

Eh, Sigrun's helmet is more or less the same shape as Ranulf's headband and remind me of Jaffar's headband (ring around the head, plus two flaps of material on either side.) I'd say that if theirs don't count, then neither should hers. Also, Minerva is clearly wearing a circlet. I'd also classify Saleh's as a wicker circlet, but I'm just torn enough on that one to not stand firmly on that opinion.

The above is my objective opinion based on the specifications you laid out. However, based on how I'd classify things, Tanith, Elincia, and Marcia wouldn't count either, since their "headbands" seem to be more "pegasus knight standard-issue helmet," being a part of the whole armor set. I don't know about the maids, either, since their headbands rest atop their heads instead of wrapping around it and tying off somewhere, like Mia's does (even if it's not readily apparent since her hair hides this.)

8 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Eh, Sigrun's helmet is more or less the same shape as Ranulf's headband and remind me of Jaffar's headband (ring around the head, plus two flaps of material on either side.) I'd say that if theirs don't count, then neither should hers.

I'll drop her then, yeah I think she can go with a second opinion. Gotta be fair.

Also, Minerva is clearly wearing a circlet.

For Minerva, I was going off this official art for SD:

Spoiler

Minerva.jpg

But given the artist who drew this didn't return for New Mystery, but the one who did the portraits did return for NM, I think I'll drop her too. Consistent depiction over a one-off.

The above is my objective opinion based on the specifications you laid out. However, based on how I'd classify things, Tanith, Elincia, and Marcia wouldn't count either, since their "headbands" seem to be more "pegasus knight standard-issue helmet," being a part of the whole armor set. I don't know about the maids, either, since their headbands rest atop their heads instead of wrapping around it and tying off somewhere, like Mia's does (even if it's not readily apparent since her hair hides this.)

Fair points. If other headwearologists agree one way or another, I'll bend in the that direction.

Uh, didn't Heroes actually classify Ranulf's headwear as a headband because of the accessory?

*checks* Yep, it's called Beast Headband (EX). So Ranulf counts as a headband-wearer too.

While I love this random ass theme, I also kinda hate it for forcing me to pick between Mia and Tibarn (with Sanaki and Olivia also being favorites). 

I’m ultimately going to go with Mia, but I’m not expecting her to beat Olivia. That is, of course, if Sue doesn’t screw Mia over first. Tibarn will be my second pick, followed by Olivia because Sanaki has no realistic chance of advancing.

26 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

While I love this random ass theme, I also kinda hate it for forcing me to pick between Mia and Tibarn (with Sanaki and Olivia also being favorites). 

I’m ultimately going to go with Mia, but I’m not expecting her to beat Olivia. That is, of course, if Sue doesn’t screw Mia over first. Tibarn will be my second pick, followed by Olivia because Sanaki has no realistic chance of advancing.

LOL I know the theme is totally random, but i will take it because it finally nabbed me Liv. 
Mia could though.(win). 

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well this is silly, but better than a serious topic, those tend to result in toxicity. Give me more of these kind of VGs. And this one is pretty diverse in its games of origins: Archanea, SoV, BiB, PoR, Awakening, something for a lot of different people Not that I actually care about VGs, but the thought is good here.

Now who I support is irrelevant, but do I choose based on character, or on THE HEADBAND? Who has the best headband/who dresses to suit their headband the best sounds like a fun critique to indulge in.

If looking at the headbands themselves I would say Sanaki easy takes it.  It looks to be crafted from the finest of silk and the intricate pattern screams prestige and class.  If looking at which characters clothes/physical appearance mesh best with headband it would be a toss up between Tibarn and Sue.  

53 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

LOL I know the theme is totally random, but i will take it because it finally nabbed me Liv. 
Mia could though.(win). 

Mia could potentially win, but I’m not about to underestimate Olivia. There has been, if I remember correctly, three previous VGs with a refresher unit involved (Ninian, New Year’s Azura x2) and all three times that unit won.

Hoo... Mia, Sue, or Olivia...

This is going to be a tough choice.

And Tibarn being a Focus unit on one of the two VG banners is not making this summer any easier (and we haven't even seen the Summer 2019 Part 2 banner yet!).

I am stuck between voting for Sanaki or Sue. But I mulled over it quite a bit this morning, and I might go with Sanaki just on the logic that she hasn't hit 6000 HM yet, while Sue just did with TT runs.

I'm thinking about joining Olivia's team. I might start with Barst first though since it looks like he will be in multiplier heaven for round 1 and then after he most likely loses (barring last minute multiplier shenanigans) I will move over to Olivia's team.

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

If looking at the headbands themselves I would say Sanaki easy takes it.  It looks to be crafted from the finest of silk and the intricate pattern screams prestige and class.  If looking at which characters clothes/physical appearance mesh best with headband it would be a toss up between Tibarn and Sue.  

Thanks for the advice, Sue it is!

When her steed collapses under her and the sadistic perky purple mercenary collects her scalp and headband- I expect a landslide here- it'll be on to Pirate of the Gazaleah Sea. If not him, then the Empress of Begnion. If not her, sunsoaked Mediterranean boy in a lovely olive hue. If not him, then Master of the Parthian Shot.

This is a weird one.  I'm tempest to go Barst, since I imagine Tiburn will have a pretty large team comparatively, and I like Barst well enough.

Sorry for the hundreds of times I've killed you for Reposition.

Wow, this is giving me a lot of options. I'll go with Tibarn, though I have every unit except Mia and Sue (also Barst, since he usually gets foddered within five minutes of me.pulling him). This will be fun.~

. . .uh, crap. . .I'm kinda lost here.

I really like Jeorge, but he's colorless, so I'd have to swap out Leon.  I'm also fond of Barst, but I've been lazy about leveling him.  I have Gray, and don't really care for him.  Mia's shown up twice, Olivia pity-broke me at the wrong time, and then there's Sanaki.  Don't have Sue.

. . .I really need to think about this, because the intersect of "character that I like" and "competent unit" doesn't exist.

I'll choose Jeorge, so I can keep Roy as my Rep. He was my first 5* Archer (came while pulling for Takumi on the first hero fest banner) and I quite like him. 

Also Mia would have been an option, or Tibarn (if he was in my barracks). Gray had a good application yesterday (free pull on the VG banner). 

In the absence of Palla, I will have to go with male Palla, Barst. (I'm going with the wiki on this, though it apparently isn't confirmed that he's biologically related to Bord and Cord) Love his sassy cameo in the anime.