The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

Hey everyone, seeing as how 3 Heroes Houses is less than 2 weeks away I'm going to copycat the similar threads on the other boards!

So if you have a general quick question, you can bring it on down here to make my job easier.

Go ahead and ask away, just as a reminder though, Use Spoiler Tags For Spoilers

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a brief snippet of what the game looks like with the combat animations off. The replacement animations however still look fairly lengthy. Is there a slider for animation speed?

15 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Saw a brief snippet of what the game looks like with the combat animations off. The replacement animations however still look fairly lengthy. Is there a slider for animation speed?

We don't know, but if I remember correctly, in the last 3D FE there was an option for no animations at all. The attacker would run up to their target and just show damage numbers and health bars dropping.

13 minutes ago, Marros said:

We don't know, but if I remember correctly, in the last 3D FE there was an option for no animations at all. The attacker would run up to their target and just show damage numbers and health bars dropping.

Yeah, that's how I played all the 3DS games, with the pixel art sprites just sliding into each other. That style isn't going to win any beauty contests but it was simple and was more than enough to convey what information the player needed to see.

Now that we're going with full 3D models at all layers though, I imagine a direct facsimile of the old style is no longer possible. I spied this animation on the subreddit and am a bit concerned that it's a fair bit slower than how it used to be.

El_BREATH_OF_THE_WILD_de_FIRE_EMBLEM_La_

Do we know anything at all about the Charisma/Charm stat? Is there any class that's proficient in it? Some characters require it for recruitment so I'm hoping it's not too hard to increase it

58 minutes ago, Ranulfo said:

Do we know anything at all about the Charisma/Charm stat? Is there any class that's proficient in it? Some characters require it for recruitment so I'm hoping it's not too hard to increase it

The stat charts for classes on the Japanese Website don't include Charisma (or Luck). There might be classes that impact it, but it does not seem likely.

I don't know if anyone knows this yet, but what's the frame rate like in three houses gameplay sections? I love things like FE GBA's animations and the high frame rate of those battles really helps make it seem cooler and stuff (as well as all the spinning weapons).

Obviously 60 isn't like "needed" for me to properly enjoy the game, but it'd be nice.

Edited by Dinar87

I have a very relevant question, why the hell do they always give Great Knights the dumb stupid idiotic over the top shoulder pads? It could be such a great class, an armoured knight with a shield but oh nono, gotta look like a moron.

23 minutes ago, timon said:

I have a very relevant question, why the hell do they always give Great Knights the dumb stupid idiotic over the top shoulder pads? It could be such a great class, an armoured knight with a shield but oh nono, gotta look like a moron.

To give them dumb stupid idiotic over the top defense. XD

9 hours ago, Dinar87 said:

I don't know if anyone knows this yet, but what's the frame rate like in three houses gameplay sections? I love things like FE GBA's animations and the high frame rate of those battles really helps make it seem cooler and stuff (as well as all the spinning weapons).

Obviously 60 isn't like "needed" for me to properly enjoy the game, but it'd be nice.

The only issue with the frame rate is reportedly when strolling in the monastery. Otherwise, Gamexplain said it's decent

How exactly do hidden/budding talents work? Does it just require training a unit in their hidden talent to unlock it and eventually turn it into a strength? Also, for characters who have a hidden talent in something they also have a weakness in, like Lysithea with Swords, is the weakness replaced by a strength after unlocking the talent?

I don't know if it's been explained, but has the "guest recruit" to borrow other students from other houses temporarily been explained?

Been also wondering about Paralogues during the school phase and whether or not recruiting other students is absolutely necessary to get them all.

6 minutes ago, carpirate said:

How exactly do hidden/budding talents work? Does it just require training a unit in their hidden talent to unlock it and eventually turn it into a strength? Also, for characters who have a hidden talent in something they also have a weakness in, like Lysithea with Swords, is the weakness replaced by a strength after unlocking the talent?

We know it at least requires tutoring specifically, but we don't know how much or if there are other requirements as well.

It does convert a weakness into a strength when unlocked, yes.

How many save files are available in the game? I'm hoping for at least 8, guessing at least 5.

1 hour ago, colossus86 said:

I believe it was mentioned in a review that there's around 10

Awesome. Thanks!