Hall of Forms: The FEH Roguelike mode

Zapp Branniglenn

29 minutes ago, eclipse said:

DC Rein is funny, though.

I do not remember how bulky the enemies get in the later stages, but if they are not that bulky and you can find Vantage for him, it should work decently well. He is no Keaton nor Altina, but it should at be okay against squishy ranged units.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not remember how bulky the enemies get in the later stages, but if they are not that bulky and you can find Vantage for him, it should work decently well. He is no Keaton nor Altina, but it should at be okay against squishy ranged units.

It's mostly so I can safely bait the weaker mages, and deal a giant chunk of damage in return.  As long as Rein isn't one-shot in the process, I'll be fine.

STILL looking for a stat-boosting C skill that isn't a Tactic.  Olwen's Thunderhead wants more bonuses!

Did some grinding

Leif: Lv 32. Bellringer (Atk), Reposition, Noontime, Flashing Blade 4, Rouse Def/Res

Finn: Lv 35. Ridersbane (Res), Reposition, Death Blow 4, Lull Atk/Spd, Spd Smoke

Reinhardt: Lv 32. Meisterschwert, Harsh Command+, Moonbow, Heavy Blade 4, Goad Cavalry, Atk/Spd 2

Olwen: Lv 34. Thunderhead (Eff), Rally Def/Res+, Fort. Def/Res, Lull Atk/Res, Rouse Def/Res, Swift Sparrow

So people are getting the personal skills? I haven't seen any of them yet - only played 9 floors so far, but I'm used to them showing up pretty fast.

I have the PRF weapons on everyone but Finn, who is tentatively running it’s curtains until I get luncheon lance or something. Overall, I am actually happy with all 4... olwen especially, but this is definitely more fun than annoying this go around.

I got Special Thunderhead on the very first map but Mastersword hasn't appeared and Reinhardt is level 40. Light Brand showed up in the teens I think. S Drink is offered pretty much every single time.

This is what I ended with after finishing the  last chamber:

nxi9Z55.png NorxjQP.png 0YkX9J7.png 2skf3Ej.png

Olwen was the true star here. She carried the team very well. I got her Prf tome in the first map, and I also got both Rally skills pretty fast. Reinhardtg failed to get good skills, so he ended only with his prf sword, reposition and Glimmer.

I'm actually on Chamber 18 because I failed once or twice in a later stage and also went back a couple times to grind levels/skills in prep for the higher chambers. It's highly likely I'll be able to beat chamber 21, get those torches and wrap up all the new ones in one fell swoop, but I'll only have one chance to do it. Anyways, my units.

s0RNqWD.pngQXOl71Y.pngOKJpiqp.pngwPvf3jI.png

Leif: The star, surprisingly. He grew extraordinarily well, his Prf came quick and though I missed S-Drink on the first go it just kept coming back. ATK/SPD Push 4 was his initial A Skill but then DC came as a surprise and I grabbed it immediately. Since then he's been the carry instead of Olwen, surprisingly. ATK/SPD Gap came literally the Chamber before the last. I'm not sure if I'd replace it with Time's Pulse if it showed up but that's a bridge we may or may not cross. All I'm waiting for now is a 3-cooldown special so he can insta proc against someone on the first turn on EP. The rally is just there for Olwen.

Finn: The struggler. I was really indecicive about him and good skills not coming certainly didn't help. Blue Flame showed up later but I missed a prime opportunity to grab "It's Curtains!" instead of ATK Smoke a few chambers before getting a special (terrible decision) which would have set Finn up for a one-turn Blue Flame which I'm still regretting. He got his last 2 levels on the final chamber by killing stragglers and just got the Carrot Lance a chamber or so before the final one.

Reinhardt: Struggler #2. It's pretty interesting, good specials would not come except for when SS3, his prf and Joint Hone ATK showed up and no good ones would show up any other time. Even with SS3 he's been having trouble securing kills without a special and he's pretty much cannon fodder on EP as he lacks oomph needed to kill stuff. Heavy Blade 4 showed up but his ATK stat isn't quite where it needs to be for him to benefit. His biggest contribution is his C skill and Rally for Olwen/Leif.

Olwen: She carried a few chambers with so safe openings for the others but until the rallies started coming for the others she struggled to be the powerhouse you'd expect her to be. She didn't get her prf until halfway through and the lacked access to buffs for a while along with NO good A or B showing up except Fort DEF/RES which I passed on. She does a bit better now but she needs help skill. after all the chambers are done.

Imagine my joy when Leif grabbed ATK/SPD Gap 3 and it effected both Finn and Olwen who had a combined offensive value of 83 only for Finn to gain a point of SPD and ruin it. If Olwen gets the merge she'll get +1 to ATK and SPD so I'll have to give a merge to both her and him in order for their values to even out again which is annoying.

I may post up again once all the chambers are done which hopefully I can do tomorrow. I'll have to not fail any of the first three stages (including Chamber 21) but I think I can do it.

Edited by Zeo

Not even close to being done since I'm still grinding, LEL

Leif: Lv 36. Bellringer (Atk), Reposition, Noontime, Flashing Blade 4, Lull Atk/Def, Rouse Def/Res

Finn: Lv 37. Ridersbane (Res), Reposition, Blazing WindSwift Sparrow 3, Lull Atk/Spd, Spd Smoke

Reinhardt: Lv 34. Meisterschwert, Harsh Command+, Moonbow, Heavy Blade 4, Goad Cavalry, Atk/Spd 2

Olwen: Lv 36. Thunderhead (Eff), Rally Def/Res+, Fort. Def/Res, Lull Atk/Res, Rouse Def/Res, Swift Sparrow

That feeling you get when your Leif is 10 points of ATK short of killing a stat inflated Beruka and realize if you'd replaced Growing Light with Blazing Wind instead of grabbing Warding Stance 3 you could have killed her, then you lose Chamber 21 because of it and have to wait until tomorrow to finish HoF. 

Worst. Feeling. Ever.

allright finished all Hall of Forms Chambers. The later ones were a bit tough but nothing unmanagable with sacrificing one or 2 units there.

Current Team:

Olwen: Thunderhead (Eff); Draw Back, Life and Death 4, Sabotage RES, Panic Smoke, Seal: Atk/Spd Bond (+10 merges)
Flynn: Vengeance Lance (Def+); Rally Atk/Def+, Moonbow, Warding Stance 4, Lull Spd/Def
The Reinhardt: Meisterschwert, Aether, Heavy Blade 4 yeah thats about it (and merges)
Leif: Light Brand (eff), Smite, Blue Flame, Heavy Blade 4, S drink, Rouse Atk/Def 3, Seal: Deflect Missile 3

Needless to say i invested most into Olwen and she was the one winning the chambers with inflated stats (together with Flynn), prolly will Forma Soul her and give her then Desperation. Her built is basicly almost complet ecxept for Special and B-Slot

Finished everything so now I'm trying to set up my units' Skills since I'm still not sure which one I'm planning on using the Forma Soul on between Leif and Finn

Leif: Lv 40. Bellringer (Atk), Rally Spd/Res+, Galeforce, Flashing Blade 4, Lull Atk/Def, Rouse Def/Res, Quick Riposte

Finn: Lv 40+3. Ridersbane (Atk), Rally Atk/Spd+, Blue FlameSwift Sparrow 3, Lull Atk/Spd, Threaten Atk/Res 3

Reinhardt: Lv 40. Meisterschwert, Reposition, Moonbow, Heavy Blade 4, Cancel Affinity, Goad Cavalry, Atk/Spd 2

Olwen: Lv 40+3. Thunderhead (Eff), Rally Def/Res+, Blue Flame, Distant Def 4, Lull Atk/Res, Rouse Def/Res, Swift Sparrow

I'm leaning towards Finn

Current standings (22 floors completed):

Leif (40+1): Light Brand (PRF), Swap, Aether, Flashing Blade 4, Lull Spd/Def 3, Hone Spd 4, Atk/Spd Bond 3
Finn (40+4): Flashing Carrot+ (Spd), Draw Back, Dragon Fang, Swift Sparrow 3, none, Fortify Cavalry, Swift Sparrow 2
Reinhardt (40+2): His own sword, Rally Up Atk+, Aether, Distant Counter, Escape Route 3, Joint Hone Def, Hardy Bearing 3
Olwen (40+1): Thunderhead (PRF), Draw Back, Blue Flame, Steady Blow 2, Atk/Spd Link 3, Joint Hone Def, Chill Atk 3

Everyone not named Leif is kind of a mess, but that's okay,  Olwen can hit amazing nuke numbers if everyone's set up correctly, courtesy of her brother.  One day, Finn will get his B skill and a lance I'm happy with, and Reinhardt will get a better C skill.

My Finn struggled a lot for most of the floors, because I couldn't get good skills on him and he couldn't kill. Like, the best weapon option I got for him was firesweep lance+, which he wasn't fast enough to effectively use, but then he picked up lull spd/def 3 and even speed wave and he picked up a bit. Reinhardt got Meisterschwert decently early on and was great afterwards. He also picked up Distant Ward somehow. Be also has decent res to use sabotage def. Leif's also okay, but his skills seem to contradict a bit, mirror stance 3 and desperation. Olwen, being the only one who uses magic, is very effective and kills everything with her personal Thunderhead. More importantly, she got life and death 4. Yay!

Leif: Lv 40+1. Bellringer (Atk), Rally Spd/Res+, Galeforce, Flashing Blade 4, Lull Atk/Def, Threaten Atk/Spd, Quick Riposte

Finn: Lv 40+3. Ridersbane (Atk), Rally Atk/Spd+, Blue Flame, Swift Sparrow 3, Lull Atk/Spd, Threaten Atk/Res 3, Savage Blow

Reinhardt: Lv 40. Meisterschwert, Reposition, Moonbow, Heavy Blade 4, Cancel Affinity, Goad Cavalry, Atk/Spd 2

Olwen: Lv 40+3. Thunderhead (Eff), Rally Def/Res+, Blue Flame, Distant Def 4, Lull Atk/Res, Rouse Def/Res, Swift Sparrow

Hmm, if I can get a good Spd Refined Weapon on Leif and a Rally Atk+, he may be my Forma of choice.

After a ridiculous brain-fade where I accidentally overwrote Olwen's Lull skill (I forget which one but it was one of the better ones) with a Chill, finally got this thing out of the way. Strategy was essentially to wait for maps where Olwen could safely kill things, because none of the guys were up to it.

Makes me a little sad that I've never pulled an Olwen of any variety, because she's my kind of gal.

Anyway, "final" skills below. I don't know if I'll keep playing in case we ever get a free Forma Soul in future, normally I just stop cold turkey since there's no material advantage in continuing.

Leif +1, Light Brand [special], Reposition, Ruptured Sky, Spd/Def Solo, S Drink, Joint Hone Spd.
Finn +3, Berkut's Lance [res], Rally Up Atk+, Ruptured Sky, Fury 4, Lull Atk/Def, Def Smoke, Distant Def
Reinhardt +2, Meisterschwert, Rally Atk/Spd+, Ruptured Sky, Life and Death, Spd/Res Ruse, Atk/Spd Gap, Atk Feint
Olwen +6, Thunderhead [special], Rally Def/Res+, Moonbow, Life and Death, Lull Atk/Spd, Joint Hone Spd, Def Ploy

Finished Hall of Forms a few days ago.

Levels and skills upon finishing Chamber 25:
Leif (lv. 30): eff. Light Brand, Swift Sparrow 3
Finn (lv. 40+1): Silver Lance+, Rally Spd/Def+, Ruptured Sky, Distant Ward, Lull Atk/Spd 3, Atk/Res Gap 3, Spd Smoke 3
Reinhardt (lv. 37+1): Meisterschwert, Reposition, Quick Riposte 3, Def Smoke 3
Olwen (lv. 40+10): eff. Thunderhead, Draw Back, Glimmer, Grani's Shield, Desperation 3, Joint Hone Spd, Quickened Pulse

Finished, with 10 of the 11 torches still in store. Last few levels seemed easier than usual, despite apparently being higher tiers than the previous finales. Is it just that Olwen is that good, or was there more to it than that?

My team, as of the finale:

d59fb6d056207a421a189731468ed87779a8db6a2e3c98ca1653efd85aeed7d8197564c35e76c8cd5c173287122625db81d1dabb39a83a1bd2e8463c0e109cc10a1ee9cb1b743cffbc581555dc6b274a

Finished, and I have to say...they actually listen! Or at least I feel like they listened, because wow! This was such an improvement from what we've had so far that I don't really have any criticisms about it this time. I do have one complaint, but I'll leave it at the bottom.
Below are the current merges and skills my units have. They're all level 40, so I won't list that.

Leif: +2. Light Brand (+Eff), Repostion, Noontime, Steady Posture 3, Chill Spd 3, Threat. Atk/Res 3, no seal. He was the straggler. Despite having good Spd and Def, he could never hope to match up against many enemies, and it just got worse for him in the later stages. He did manage to wall the occasional attack, and when I finally got Reposition on him he became an invaluable asset for positioning, but he was clearly the least valuable unit on the team.

Finn: +2. Slaying Spear+ (+Eff), Ardent Sacrifice, Ruptured Sky, Atk/Def Solo, Lull Spd/Def, Drive Spd 2, no seal. He was my most offensive unit here, even more so than Reinhardt. He rarely suffered, and was the luckiest unit in terms of RNG. I'd go so far as to say that if I ever get a Finn up to 5*, this build will probably be on my mind. In fact, I did give my Brave!Lucina a Slaying Spear+ a long time ago...hmm, a thought for later.

Reinhardt: +2. Meisterschwert, Rally Up Atk+, Ruptured Sky, Atk/Spd Push 4, Spd/Res Ruse 3, Threat. Atk/Spd 3, Spd Smoke 3. I thought he was going to by my MVP, but I was left surprised. Despite his nice Atk/Def stats and access to Meisterschwert, he was never able to secure kills before he was retaliated upon by pretty much every enemy he faced. This is one time where I'm actually glad I wasted $10 on the FEH Pass, because I had to abuse the rewind mechanic SO hard for him.
By no means did this mean he was a bad unit, though. Once he got Meisterschwert, I steamrolled through some of the early-mid stages with relative ease. A couple times, he came in clutch as the last unit standing. But in terms of overall usefulness, Finn was the clear winner here.

Olwen: +5. Thunderhead (+Eff), Rally Up Res+, Blazing Light, Life and Death 4, Atk Feint 3, Spd Opening 3, Savage Blow 3. Despite having LnD4 for the majority of the playthrough, she never did a lot of damage to non-Blues. Reinhardt had Joint Hone Atk before he got Threat. Atk/Spd 3, and even that didn't do much for her. Though I know her seal will disappear (at least, if I get her with a Forma Soul...which I won't, let's be honest), I do have to say that Savage Blow 3 came in clutch way too many times to count. That little bit of damage was just enough to give me victory in a lot of fights I otherwise would've failed hard.

The units that I'm at least considering using a Forma Soul for are Finn and Reinhardt, most likely Finn. Finn left me highly impressed, and I just know I can make great use of him. Reinhardt on the other hand is a unit I already have at +1, which would make Formhardt +2, and the skills he has right now (except the seal, which would disappear) could potentially make him one of my most valuable units if I could get extra merges on him. In terms of merges, though, Finn is a lot more common than Sword!Reinhardt and would end up being +10'd far more quickly.
In terms of what skills I'll shoot for in the remaining days that I wish the two might have in the end of this round of HoF, so as to make them more likely to choose them? The only thing Finn would need, funny enough, is his default Goad Cavalry. I've been wanting to make a real Horse Emblem team for a long time, and he could be the piece that puzzle needs. For Reinhardt...I'd probably say he needs nothing, but I wouldn't be averse to his Ruse being Spd/Def instead of Spd/Res. It really just depends on what kind of team I'd put him on. He'd probably thrive in a Mixed team, and my Brave!Lucina is more than happy to let new friends join the slaughterhouse. For the other two units (Leif and Olwen), I won't make any suggestions because I wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot pole.

Now for the complaint, which isn't a major one but is still something that annoyed me. The enemies' stats in the later stages got way too bloated. Many of my losses were specifically because I lost battles that I should've won (even with the enemies having "merges"), but didn't win because a random Fir had 77 HP and destroyed Finn in retaliation. It went so far that I had to check the battle forecast every time, and if I saw Idunn in it then I simply went to one of the first stages to give a unit a free skill/merge.
I love that the RNG is finally taking the units' personal strengths more into consideration, while still giving occasional weakness cover-up options. I also love that they have torches as a prize in a lot of the final stages, so people could have more chances to improve upon their units before taking on the next stage. But there are two things I feel that need to be fixed.
1) Units like Idunn that are difficult to eliminate outside of HoF, and NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to damage in HoF's later/latest stages, need to be removed or at least need to show up in early and/or mid stages only. No one likes being dealt a hand they have no chance of winning with (just thinking about Bridal!Marth still makes me angry), but it's even worse when they're shown their enemy's hand and know they have no chance of beating it. I know it's just an oversight, but it low-key makes me feel like IS is taunting us.
2) There needs to be more incentive to merge units. With merges in HoF not transferring to the main game with the Forma Soul, there's not really a lot of incentive to give merges to your units despite how important they are. Perhaps giving you an extra prize based on how much you merged your units combined by the end of the round (capping at a certain amount so you didn't feel awkwardly pressured to sacrifice your skill inheritance) would be a good start? Some feathers would be nice, although I wouldn't say no to a few more Codes either.

Overall, I enjoyed this way more than I expected to. Round 1 was great, but round 2 was disgustingly stressful and round 3 wasn't much better, so it's a great breath of fresh air to know it's not just IS using as an excuse to stall for time for some random new project they have. If they continue to improve like this, Forma Souls may potentially end up a lot more valuable — and also a lot more worthy of purchasing.

Anyone decided who they want for their Forma unit yet? I am leaning towards Finn since he is a Grail unit and I already got a +Spd WOT!Olwen.

After what seemed like an eternity, I FINALLY BEAT THIS. The later floors took so many tries, it's not even funny.

Spoiler

Leif+4: (The weak link) - Armorsmasher+ (eff) - Rally Spd/Def+ - Noontime - Brazen Atk/Res 3 - S Drink - Spd/Res Gap 3 - Attack/Def 2

Finn+1 - Carrot Lance+ (Atk) - Reposition - Blue Flame - Close Def 3 - Spd/Def Link 3 - Close Guard 3 - Close Def 3

Reinhardt+5 - Meisterschwert - Reposition - Ignis - Fury 4 - Dull Close 3 - Joint Hone Atk - Steady Posture 2

Olwen+3 (The OP one) - Thunderhead (Prf refine) - Harsh Command+ - Growing Light - Darting Blow 4 - Mystic Boost 3 - Panic Smoke 3 - Swift Sparrow 2

On 3/19/2020 at 6:24 PM, XRay said:

Anyone decided who they want for their Forma unit yet? I am leaning towards Finn since he is a Grail unit and I already got a +Spd WOT!Olwen.

I'm keeping the forma soul for a later HOF. If a unit like draug got in last time there is a chance another unit like Ross or Sheena gets in. And if the unit is in the 3-4 star pool and has high BST, I can make an easy Arena scorebot.

Besides, would I really want any of these units: 

On 3/12/2020 at 10:51 PM, Vicious Sal said:

Cleared the last chamber yesterday, I thought I would have needed more positional skills, but I was mistaken.

Hide contents

85-A7-B851-D110-449-D-8800-FD8-A4-C64-E4
13-E25-B3-A-6265-4-CA3-B7-C3-FF7-E9-CD02
9697-A5-F9-4-CA0-4-FDF-B1-E8-F750-B4-F1-
B9486-BB3-7501-443-F-A660-88774-B1-EC84-

Olwen is the only moderately useful one, but I have a +atk one so as long as I can give her full buffs she performs just as well with base kit.