New Heroes Banner (Desert Mercenaries)

Alexmender

4 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Do you see the problem here? Do you see why we need at least ONE banner a year in which we can FORCE IS to pick the characters we voted/wanted the most? 

We already have one, it’s called Brave Heroes. If only the fan base wasn’t so short-sighted and stopped voting for lords.

58 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

But Gatekeeper... That's a different thing! 

Is it really?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

We already have one, it’s called Brave Heroes. If only the fan base wasn’t so short-sighted and stopped voting for lords.

And would stop voting for characters who already have a ton of alts. 😕 (Camilla)

12 hours ago, Etheus said:

Dragonslaying weapons tend to skew so heavily into red, with just two green and two blue options (all of which are 5* exclusive). A little more parity would be appreciated since they are dead set on power creeping dragons.

Green (from memory): Julia, Diedre, and Thrasir.

Blue: (from memory): Legendary Tiki, Legendary Julia, Brave Eliwood (I think his lance kills both dragons and beasts but it may just be beasts), Mythic Naga (+ all of Naga's close friends.)

Colorless (from memory): Fallen Corrin (I think. It was her or Fallen Tiki.)

But yeah, lots of dragonslayers out there and most of them are red, but Naga can easily make any unit of your choice into one. As one who usually runs dragons...yeah...

Also, since we're talking about potential Dual Units, this one came to mind earlier: they could totally do Tormod with Muarim. Tormod could count as a beast then, which he really should at least allow beast units to be transformed near him given his position. I know it was used as a joke before, but I could see this version of Tormod acting as a red tome beast (riding on Tiger Muarim's back when transformed, and on his shoulders when untransformed.) He'd have to count as an infantry unit, though, since Tigers are infantry.

3 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Also, since we're talking about potential Dual Units, this one came to mind earlier: they could totally do Tormod with Muarim. Tormod could count as a beast then, which he really should at least allow beast units to be transformed near him given his position. I know it was used as a joke before, but I could see this version of Tormod acting as a red tome beast (riding on Tiger Muarim's back when transformed, and on his shoulders when untransformed.) He'd have to count as an infantry unit, though, since Tigers are infantry.

Or for cuteness, make it a baby Tormod getting a piggyback (unshifted)/tigerback (shifted) ride from a Beast Cavalry Muarim. Yes, I know Tigers are being counted as Infantry, but if he has a little kid riding on him, I think Mua can count as Cav.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or for cuteness, make it a baby Tormod getting a piggyback (unshifted)/tigerback (shifted) ride from a Beast Cavalry Muarim. Yes, I know Tigers are being counted as Infantry, but if he has a little kid riding on him, I think Mua can count as Cav.

Maybe not baby since then he couldn't reasonably cast spells, but younger/child? Sure! As for Cav, if he can't count as one unburdened, I don't see how he'd count as one burdened, even if the load is light. But I think that this would make for an adorable and unique Dual Hero! It'd also for sure allow Tormod to fight alongside his Laguz buddies.

At this point just put Tormod in the game, I've stopped caring how.

I want him so bad.

But I'd prefer he not debut as a Duo, he deserves to shine on his own.

Edited by Sunwoo

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

At this point just put Tormod in the game, I've stopped caring how.

I want him so bad.

Agreed that Tormod should come in. He is personally one of the better shotas in FE (the redhead mage we're getting tomorrow is only so-so), his character is good.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

But I'd prefer he not debut as a Duo, he deserves to shine on his own.

Red Mage ideally with some movement buff in his kit b/c Celerity (and only decent Atk but a good Spd stat would be Tellius ingame representative) is something I desire too.

I doubt he'd go Duo, we've only two so far, but both involve at least one "popular" character. Tormod would go with what popular char exactly?

But, this does give me an idea for FE9!Sothe. Sure as a trainee BST Dagger Infantry he'd already have a good gameplay base, but you could sell him superficially much easier if his at-the-time "mother" figure Micaiah was attached to him.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

They are two separate things. CYL Brave Winners is for forcing IS on which characters to give cool alts to, Farfetched is for forcing which characters they add in their base form. They both have a place and serve a different role. And even if someone not playable won a CYL, it would result in another character debutting as an alt first. Veronica is proof of that.

Edited by GrandeRampel

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Agreed that Tormod should come in. He is personally one of the better shotas in FE (the redhead mage we're getting tomorrow is only so-so), his character is good.

Red Mage ideally with some movement buff in his kit b/c Celerity (and only decent Atk but a good Spd stat would be Tellius ingame representative) is something I desire too.

I doubt he'd go Duo, we've only two so far, but both involve at least one "popular" character. Tormod would go with what popular char exactly?

My ideal version of Tormod would come with some form of celerity (it could likely run on the same logic as pass/obstruct, where depending on HP threshold you can move an extra space, locked to infantry only) and he'd have a personal skill/tome that let beasts stay transformed around him.

And yeah, he's very unlikely to go duo with anyone. Although they could package him with Muarim if they were allergic to the idea of releasing either of them separately but had to put them in the game.

20 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And also, when was the last time we had a Christmas cav added at all?! I think it was Oscar back in freaking 2017! On top of that, I believe he's the only one to be added since launch!

It's pretty insane, honestly. So many have yet to be added. Kent and Sain, Keiran, Kyle and Forde...

16 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Next year will be a pretty hard one... I just gave up from Brave Marth since Dimitri, Claude, and the rest of the 3H male characters will be in next year's event. Please Gatekeeper!!!

But Eirika may have a chance. Maybe not against Edelgard, who I believe will be one of the most popular ones, but maybe against the others... So I hope get gets this time!

I wouldn't count Marth out! By February, 3H hype will have died down a little bit, plus I know tons and TONS of people are still really wanting Marth to finally get a well-deserved CYL alt. Either Dimitri or Claude is gonna be one of the winners, certainly, but I think Marth will be right up there with whichever of them does. And I don't think people should write off Chrom, or the Reinhardt meme just yet.

I kinda feel the same about Eirika. With Lyn, Lucina, Celica, Micaiah, and Camilla all out of the way, she should have an easier path. Edelgard will probably win 1st but aside from that, Eirika's only real competition (going off previous years) is Azura, Nino, and Tharja. F. Robin probably won't be a problem again because like Louise, she had some YouTuber support, and that probably won't happen again. Eirika should be able to finally sneak in a win.

31 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

My ideal version of Tormod would come with some form of celerity (it could likely run on the same logic as pass/obstruct, where depending on HP threshold you can move an extra space, locked to infantry only) and he'd have a personal skill/tome that let beasts stay transformed around him.

And yeah, he's very unlikely to go duo with anyone. Although they could package him with Muarim if they were allergic to the idea of releasing either of them separately but had to put them in the game.

The idea of Tormod getting Celerity in the form of a C skill that gives him an extra movement (so cavalry movement) if a certain condition is met is pretty cool. Sadly an ability like that could potentially be pretty OP and they'd likely save it for a Legendary Hero or Mythic Hero which he'd never be. Nevermind the fact that it would somewhat undermine Duo Ephraim's new ability, even if it would only effect him. I just don't see it happening for such an insignificant character.

Sorry to say, I like Tormod as well. Just seems incredibly unlikely. Though if he were to be a Duo with someone it would either be Muarim or Kid Sothe.

Edited by Zeo

10 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I'm just hoping I can get him via ticket. I am on strict orb saving right now. (there are eyes everywhere)
so if it's not a ticket op, i'm sore out of luck. and while I know a lot of people think he's junky. i like him. still don't have his OG form, don't have his horsey form... nothing. only reason I have Brave Ephiriam was because he was my free choice (and I didn't even know better coz obviously presented w/the same decision it's vero).

Considering I'm only missing his Legendary form, I've pulled two Brave 'phraims off-banner, and OG Ephraim is +1. Santaphraim would be +2, but I sacked one for Bold Fighter and have the other as a fodder book.

I have 25 orbs, so tickets are all I can do.

22 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The idea of Tormod getting Celerity in the form of a C skill that gives him an extra movement (so cavalry movement) if a certain condition is met is pretty cool. Sadly an ability like that could potentially be pretty OP and they'd likely save it for a Legendary Hero or Mythic Hero which he'd never be. Nevermind the fact that it would somewhat undermine Duo Ephraim's new ability, even if it would only effect him. I just don't see it happening for such an insignificant character.

Sorry to say, I like Tormod as well. Just seems incredibly unlikely. Though if he were to be a Duo with someone it would either be Muarim or Kid Sothe.

I mean

At this point, I'd take Tormod even if he literally had Raigh's stats and came with no skills like Masked Marth, as long as he was in the game.

That's how much I just want him in the game.

38 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

They could try a pseudo-crossover banner with Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Nobody from the actual game being crossed with, it'd be all FE characters dressed up like people from the crossing game. In this case, it'd be Muarim repainted as a white tiger to be Dromarch, and Tormod has to accept being forced to wear what was originally a girl's yellow jumpsuit-ish attire. Now they're a Beast unit, or a Dagger, or a Blue Tome, or a Staff, I dunno which.

Just a funny thought I came up with. And Dromarch isn't exactly that far removed in nature, both a little stoic, older, tigers who watch over someone young. Does any of that play into you liking both characters @Etrurian emperor?

13 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I wouldn't count Marth out! By February, 3H hype will have died down a little bit, plus I know tons and TONS of people are still really wanting Marth to finally get a well-deserved CYL alt. Either Dimitri or Claude is gonna be one of the winners, certainly, but I think Marth will be right up there with whichever of them does.

I'm interested to know whether there will be enough 3H steam that even when split between at least three lords, all of them can raise into the top two.

Lyn and Roy did both rise to the top in the first CYL, but I question whether Roy's steam is actually at all shared with Lyn's, or whether she had all of the Elibe fanbase and Roy just had SMAAAASH! as his fanbase.

Though considering Eirika had a chance to win CYL2 were it not for the halfway results giving Veronique a likely Rally Spectrum, and that Ephraim won a male slot, a shared source of steam, if such things actually exist, was able to almost get two Magvelians to the top.

So Edelweiss and False Dimitri V could both reach the top two. Or since votes don't care about gender, it could be both guys. But three or four, there were only two Magvel lords, their example isn't perfect for this.

And where is By the Shy Protag going to end up? It should be high, but how high?

4 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

They are two separate things. CYL Brave Winners is for forcing IS on which characters to give cool alts to, Farfetched is for forcing which characters they add in their base form. They both have a place and serve a different role. And even if someone not playable won a CYL, it would result in another character debutting as an alt first. Veronica is proof of that.

Brave Veronica is still a playable, summonable Veronica. I would hope you consider Tanith to be in the game, because to say otherwise would be very disrespectful to those fans still waiting.

Farfetched forces nothing because Kliff isn't in his base form. Unless Louise and Bruno are in Farfetched, IS aren't obliged to add any character in their "base form". (Incidentally, based on Dancing Shigure being before Lancing Shigure in the catalog, I'm predicting they won't be).

33 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Cormag looks HOT in his art! Lol

same artist as NY Hrid and Summer Wolt, no? Great stuff!

Someone told me Ross was drawn by Meka — good eye! Indeed he is, and he looks great!

I agree that Cormag's art looks great. However, he isn't a Wyvern Knight (his wyvern has front legs) so he can't add to my Wyvern Knight team. Eh, he wouldn't get along well with Valter anyway. ... Hm. Maybe I should see about killing Valter with him sometime.

40 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

(Incidentally, based on Dancing Shigure being before Lancing Shigure in the catalog, I'm predicting they won't be)

How units are ordered in the catalog is based on when a unit is introduced or coded into the game, so I do not think order has a bearing on whether Intelligent Systems will release the base form of a unit or not.

For example, similar to Shigure, Bridal Belonging Sigrun is released into the game before Sigrun, so BB!Sigrun is listed first.

Stats are here:

Spoiler

nPxhla7.jpg 

Cormag's stats were expected but still dissapoints me. Hope kit turns out to alright at least. Regardless, instantly my new grail project.

Edit: Cormag's skills

Spoiler

Slaying Lance, Ignis, Dull Close at 4*, Def Opening at 5*

Eh, I suppose it's ok. Both Dull Close and Def Opening were only available from a single permanent 5* and a single seasonal unit so I suppose it's nice to have them readily available now

Edited by NegativeExponents-

29 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Stats are here:

Reveal hidden contents

nPxhla7.jpg 

Cormag's stats were expected but still dissapoints me. Hope kit turns out to alright at least. Regardless, instantly my new grail project.

Spoiler

Wow look at that Ross's Atk!!! Gerik's a lot speedier than I thought he would be. Ewan's Atk is also quite high.

I'm okay with Cormag, I don't use Valter and I need Def based lance fliers, so I'm building him straight away. Too bad he has Dull Close, I really want to give Luke Dull Close from someone.

15 minutes ago, mcsilas said:
  Hide contents

Wow look at that Ross's Atk!!! Gerik's a lot speedier than I thought he would be. Ewan's Atk is also quite high.

I'm okay with Cormag, I don't use Valter and I need Def based lance fliers, so I'm building him straight away. Too bad he has Dull Close, I really want to give Luke Dull Close from someone.

Spoiler

And with his superboon he can almost reach Cherche levels of strength even without a prf. Ross got treated pretty good for 3*

I'm building him straight away too. Despite how heroes keeps throwing out these generic flying lancers, I still don't have any built up besides Florina and she's far from typical. So Cormag is actually providing something new to my barracks and since he's not competing with anyone I can happily pour resources into him.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just a funny thought I came up with. And Dromarch isn't exactly that far removed in nature, both a little stoic, older, tigers who watch over someone young. Does any of that play into you liking both characters @Etrurian emperor?

I guess I never thought about it. They do have a similar nature of caretakers protecting a not all that mature charge. 

There's a little difference between them. Tormod and Muarim seem more like father and son while Bromarch and Nia strike me more as butler and mistress.